Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/StarlessNight seems to have been adding lengths one by one since Februrary. :(

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:27 pm 

Warned!

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 am 

I don't want to accidentally become a nuisance or be seen as point-whoring when I'm trying to help out, so I'll ask here before I do anything.

When perusing the band queue, I often find things that are clearly not accepted (bands submitted with one album that's not out yet; bands with nothing but digital demos or EPs; bands that aren't metal, etc.). Would I be causing more trouble than I'm worth if I were to submit reports on that, or would that just bog down the reports queue and have the moderators doing more work than they would be doing otherwise?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:24 am 

Pr0nogo wrote:
I don't want to accidentally become a nuisance or be seen as point-whoring when I'm trying to help out, so I'll ask here before I do anything.

When perusing the band queue, I often find things that are clearly not accepted (bands submitted with one album that's not out yet; bands with nothing but digital demos or EPs; bands that aren't metal, etc.). Would I be causing more trouble than I'm worth if I were to submit reports on that, or would that just bog down the reports queue and have the moderators doing more work than they would be doing otherwise?

I'd refrain from commenting on a band's metalness. Whether a band is (borderline) (un)acceptable is for the staff to decide and obvious rejections are... obvious. But reported info about the band's releases, providing songs to listen to, etc... is always welcome. You need not fear being called a point-whore for that.

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 pm 

Alright, thanks for the clear-up.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:50 pm 

Also, as unlikely as this is, if you DO find evidence of a valid release when the original submitter didn't provide one (he forgot/neglected a link, for example), feel free to provide it.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:48 pm 

I've already come across a few instances of that, actually (specifically digital releases). Is it okay to report users who add bands that only have a digital demo/EP and not a full-length, or should I just leave it for the mods to reject when they eventually get to the queue?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:52 pm 

Certain professionally done EPs can be acceptable. Mod discretion applies.

If it's only a clearly unacceptable demo (too short, poor sound quality, crappy or no cover art, just a bunch of songs grouped together as a promo vehicle, only shared via instant hosting sites, etc... see our rules) you can report that.

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 pm 

Alright, I'll get back to it then!

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:25 am 

Can someone ask "Frozenith" to stop adding line-ups directly in the albums before adding them in the main members section?

He added them for both releases on Ogoneddus Anifail's page but members were not listed on the main page

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:30 am 

BlackenedZeroth doing some pointless rearranging of roles on albums: http://www.metal-archives.com/history/v ... nd/id/2808

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:10 am 

I wouldn't say that it's quite point whoring since he's fixing the capitalization from All Instruments to All instruments, but keep an eye open if he does anything else than that.

oriffs
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 am 

Here MALTKROSS LABEL guy [email protected] . Too I have my shop http://www.oriffs.com
I update on METAL ARCHIVE each BAND that I release on TAPE. I note my LABEL email.
I have released more than 125 TAPE. I release SKINHEAD + METAL band. Check like BOUND FOR GLORY...DEATHS HEAD...here on METAL ARCHIVE.
Can you explain my error? I dont understand why I can not update each my bands. Just add my email MALTKROSS LABEL.
KARNE is release by my brother GORIFICATION MUSIX FRANCE active since 1998 ( ex EMBASSY PROD - BLACK LEGION release band like VLAD TAPES...GORGOROTH) in coprod with MALTKROSS LABEL
I have not site MALTKROSS LABEL . You dont see proof? Write me now and I will send you total proof SKINHEAD METAL LABEL : MALTKROSS
Too I want very well understand why in topic is written " fucker" "idiot"

On my shop http://www.oriffs.com I'm official distributor of each band. Because I have released each band. That's why I update link.

Talk soon now
- on my shop http://www.oriffs.com - [email protected]
- on my label - [email protected]

And I want an complete answer with each details why I'm insulted and banned on METAL ARCHIVE.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 pm 

I suggest that you read the rules on external links.

Rules > General > Guidelines for External Links
http://www.metal-archives.com/content/rules

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:31 pm 

@oriffs

Les règlements sont clairs à ce sujet. Il est interdit d'ajouter des liens génériques vers la page principale d'un distro (et particulièrement en grandes quantités comme tu l'as fait!). Il faut que le lien mène à une page spécifique pour le groupe en question. Un modérateur t'avait averti d'arrêter d'ajouter ce genre de liens et tu as continué malgré cela, donc...

De plus, sur oriffs.com il est indiqué que tu es le distributeur officiel d'une vingtaine de groupes, tandis que tu avais ajouté le lien à une bien plus grande quantité de page.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:33 pm 

oriffs est le cousin Français de Riffs!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:37 pm 

LuiggyBrujo

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Thyrkron/3540358035

Adding shits

1) Lyrical themes, he adds some randomly on various pages (he should explain how he deducts this)
2) Alternate spelling: Thyrcron? should we also add it to Arkhon Infaustus? Archon Infaustus? or replacing all "k" with c?
3) Formed in 2011: what is his source? Could not find anything about it

Another 15 yo poser! M-A should be forbidden for teens under 18 yo :D (with a scan of the ID to register :D).

Everyday I lose time cleaning people's shit *sighsssssssss*

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:03 pm 

He actually tried to add me on Facebook...

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:27 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Dying_Hope
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/DarkPessimisticSoul

Both of these people added CoF lyrics to Xathur's The Funeral of Being.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:13 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Pol ... petlacalli added some lywics one by one, and it looks like Dying_Hope did as well.

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:57 am 

LuiggyBrujo again ... added lyrics 1 by 1 on Non Human Era album

Also again adding shit

Tsunami (Holland) altername spelling T-Sunami :rolleyes:, then why didn't he add it for the 2 other bands called Tsunami? :P

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:15 am 

HouseSpiders wrote:
Another greedy person adding lyrics one by one!
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/doomster999

Metal Archives points won't feed me mate. In a sense I'm quite new here, joined about five or six months back probably. Having read the regulations which are important apart from the long-ass rantings, I thought why not contribute but I wasn't quite aware of the lyrics issue, honestly. Azmodes gave me a heads up and I'm cool with it now. So, next time you're having problem with me, PM me directly or leave my profile here without labeling 'greedy' or any kind of crude remark.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:37 am 

Okay then, I'm sorry, I thought you were probably just being greedy as most people who add lyrics/lengths one by one are doing it because they want the points. Sorry.

(I'm never calling anyone "greedy" ever again after that. Now I feel terrible for it. :()

doomster999

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:40 am 

HouseSpiders wrote:
Okay then, I'm sorry, I thought you were probably just being greedy as most people who add lyrics/lengths one by one are doing it because they want the points. Sorry.

(I'm never calling anyone "greedy" ever again after that. Now I feel terrible for it. :()

No need to be sorry mate. I was a bit annoyed when I first came across the post but I've no hard feelings over this anymore. Next time when you notice that I did something wrong or unacceptable, just PM me directly. :)
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:05 am 

Alright. :)

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:32 pm 

Actually, I'm a little uncomfortable about non-mods PMing other users about "unacceptable behaviour". This sounds like mini-modding to me. So that's why he reported you in this thread, doomster, it's what it's for, though sometimes it can be annoying since you were already contacted by a mod and had corrected your errors by the time he posted this.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

doomster999

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:42 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Actually, I'm a little uncomfortable about non-mods PMing other users about "unacceptable behaviour". This sounds like mini-modding to me. So that's why he reported you in this thread, doomster, it's what it's for, though sometimes it can be annoying since you were already contacted by a mod and had corrected your errors by the time he posted this.

I see, it's alright. I thought HouseSpiders is a mod as he's a Metal Knight. :-P I'm not quite accustomed to all the titles yet, 'Metal Lord', 'Metal God', 'Metal Knight' etc.

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:06 am 

Only Lords and Gods are part of the staff and represent the site in any official capacity. Metal Knight is a special rank only relatively recently added. It's basically an especially trusted user with some additional editing abilities helping him or her with site "housekeeping". It's again important to stress that Knights are not part of the staff.

doomster999

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:56 am 

Ok. Got it. :)

Last.fm

Amoebic_D
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:27 pm 

Would someone mind telling http://www.metal-archives.com/users/aaauuuuu a few things:

First, the actual cd for http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ex ... God/335470 has the incorrect tracklisting listed on the back cover of the tray card. I put this in the additional notes to specify this yet he keeps deleting it.

Second, for the band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Fai ... 3540343948, he keeps changing the role for the vocalist as Vocals (female). Yes the band has a female vocalist, but there is no need for that role as she does harsh vocals in a brutal death metal band, so the role of Vocals should suffice. Also, for their album http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Fa ... ion/336132, I erased the useless matrix/runout and SID codes under the additional note, yet he keeps replacing them.

Defreasis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 pm 

So it means I may not modify all Indonesian bands? No need to known why I should modify that. Actually, I don't believe your modification, impossible. I've already contacted to them, just waiting their answer. If your modify is correct, then you're the smart than me.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:40 pm 

Amoebic_D: Well, I wouldn't exactly call matrix/SID codes useless things to list. I mean, few people will care and it's more relevant for sites like Discogs or Musik-Sammler.de, but no harm in keeping it.

aaauuuuu: Please avoid edit wars. If you have a problem with someone's updates, post about it here, but don't repeatedly revert a change. Things like this are pretty ugly. That's about the worst possible way to resolve a disagreement there. Amoebic_D is correct about Faith Must Pain. "Vocals (female)" is redundant in that case (and most others), since it's obvious that the artist is a woman. We don't rename all male vocalists to "Vocals (male)" either. That role is a bit of a weird thing, I can't think of many instances where it would be warranted... let's say where female vocals would be a "marked" role for the artist, i.e. a man doing them. :D

Amoebic_D
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:41 pm 

About the Exhumation album, the way it is entered into the archives IS CORRECT. I have the actual CD and the tracklist on the back of the tray card is listed INCORRECTLY (actually it is just tracks 2-5, but still).

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/3395 ... 193319.jpg

I've stated my mind about the issues, I'll leave the rest up to a mod's discretion.

Edit: Ninja'd by Azmodes. I was regarding the SID stuff kind of pointless on this site as that was the only album I've seen them entered on. I know it's big on Discogs, but this is not Discogs. Since you said it's no big deal, so be it, I'm fine with that.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 pm 

Amoebic_D wrote:
Edit: Ninja'd by Azmodes. I was regarding the SID stuff kind of pointless on this site as that was the only album I've seen them entered on. I know it's big on Discogs, but this is not Discogs.

Yes, certainly. However, that may change once the new feature listing different issues/versions is implemented (not sure how detailed that would be exactly, though). To be honest, I don't care much about seeing it stay or get deleted, just saying that that particular subject is not worth the effort of starting an issue over and bringing it up here. ;)

Amoebic_D
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:53 pm 

Yeah, I totally understand.

Regarding that Exhumation, like you said earlier about the edit wars, I don't want to keep re-entering that information under the additional notes but since I clearly have the CD and the tracklisting is incorrect on it, would it be alright to put that information back under the notes?

Defreasis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:56 pm 

You're right. Since I also see Simone's Cerebral Bore is not written Vocals (female), I know, sorry. And about Exhumation, I also have a CD since I added a band, and I see there's wrong tracklist. But it's weird on Bandcamp has different tracklist. So I asked to band first to make sure where's the correct tracklist, is real CD or on internet? Sometimes on internet has wrong information. Maybe should change the tracklist of Exhumation on CD?

Amoebic_D
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:00 pm 

The way it is entered into the archives and the way it is on their bandcamp is correct. The actual songs on the CD are correct also (it's the same order as their bandcamp), it's just the tracklisting on the back cover is incorrect. You can verify this by looking at the lyrics in the booklet and listening to the songs.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:52 pm 

Might want to talk to this guy about the additional note he left on the Terrible Old Man page (and then delete it). There's a report pointing this out as well.

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/SoundsOfADeadman

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:09 pm 

*sigh* Message sent. I also closed the report and updated the page with the info I could find.

Haat888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:29 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Tr ... ium/364486

Possible to get rid off those parasites once for all? Don't tell me that with 3500 points he aint aware of the rules (and if this is the real tracklisting, you can lower my points to 1000 :D)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 120  Next