Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 pm 

When trying to add the lineup from the actual band to this album (they are the same), I got an error. Further perusal revealed that it's defaulting to miscellaneous staff instead of band members when I switch to the lineup tab.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Th ... %29/362592

Can anyone tell me if the bug is reproduceable (and fix up the album with the missing info on their end)?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:21 pm 

I moved your post to the appropriate thread.

Regarding your issue, it's a compilation, so you can't add a lineup because compilations are usually from diverse periods of the band's life and do not apply. Misc staff can still be added, though, such as a producer or cover artist.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:44 pm 

So it should be changed to an EP, then? It's a bunch of covers. I thought it would constitute a compilation, even though they were all recorded at the same time.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:11 am 

Works for me. What a sad release though.... an In Flames cover album. :durr: :lol:

Also can you please not put the Bandcamp link on the album page like that? It doesn't look very tidy, and there's already a Bandcamp link on the band page.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:16 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Also can you please not put the Bandcamp link on the album page like that? It doesn't look very tidy, and there's already a Bandcamp link on the band page.

About that...I've been doing something like this with Bandcamp links, is that okay?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:19 am 

Yeah, that looks better, still not a fan though... And uh, I don't care what this band says, 14 minutes is not a fucking full-length, jesus.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:04 am 

Morrigan wrote:

And now, someone deleted it. :lol:

I'll remember that in the future when I submit bands.

silentscreamer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:44 pm 

I discovered some trouble with the reports. When I want to report something, a field "New Report" opens, but I'm not able to enter anything there. The same for several tries, even after logging out and logging in again.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:05 pm 

Pr0nogo wrote:
And now, someone deleted it. :lol:

I'll remember that in the future when I submit bands.

I was the one who deleted it from the albums.

silentscreamer wrote:
I discovered some trouble with the reports. When I want to report something, a field "New Report" opens, but I'm not able to enter anything there. The same for several tries, even after logging out and logging in again.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The fields appear, but are locked and you can't write in them? Or you can but nothing happens when you click Send?

Being logged in shouldn't matter, since anonymous visitors can send reports.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:16 pm 

I meant that someone deleted it from the band page.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 am 

Eh? http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/The ... ated_links

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:11 pm 

-_- Morri, there was a direct link to the downloads on the additional info section of the main page.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:18 pm 

Yeah, I deleted that too, it's redundant and inelegant...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:46 am 

Okay, this is a very very small mistake, but...
Help wrote:
• Earning or losing points will not change a member's rank if it's Metal lord or above.

I think it should say "Metal knight" instead of "Metal lord".

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:28 pm 

Right, forgot to update that. Nothing gets past you, huh? :)

(In other news, someone actually reads my Help pages...? I'm so shocked and moved, I just might cry.)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:02 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
I don't know if this a bug or not, but I have been updating a couple of MA band pages with album art, and I didn't get any points for it. The help page says: Updating (general)1 pt(s). On the other hand, my modification history says Modified album data. I guess modifying is not the same as updating. :-P

This should be fixed now. Also gave you your missing points. ;)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:38 pm 

I don't know if this has already been mentioned or not ... On split albums, artists can only "belong" to a single band at a time, and in cases where they should be credited under multiple bands (such as for misc. things--producing, engineering, etc.) they can't be.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:54 pm 

Yeah that's a known issue.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm 

Are steps being taken to fix it?

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:22 pm 

No.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 pm 

The "Modified by: X User" on some album pages doesn't seem to always be showing the last person who did modify the page when a user has modified the tracks, other updates seem fine though. Here are a few examples.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Sa ... mia/277931
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/De ... kvlt/87198
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ha ... ing/249396
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/To ... ine/190752
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/De ... ons/353965
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Kh ... ion/355150
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ri ... ell/311190
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Di ... tion/82000
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Fl ... dom/195793

Check the update histories too.

Last edited by Midnightwards666 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.
novakm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:05 pm 

I apologize if this is the wrong thread, but on the main site, the past day or two, I haven't been able to search for bands. Even if it's a well-known band that I search for and I double-check the spelling, nothing comes up. When I click to browse alphabetically, I can choose a letter but then no bands come up. I'm using Firefox btw.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:04 pm 

I don't know if this is do-able but here's a suggestion. When one clicks on pictures, it enlarges to the original size. And to close the image, one has to click to 'close' button on the screen. In some cases, teh band images are large and scrolling down, left, right or whatever might be annoying :) I recall there can be some scripts where if one clicks on the background page (not the enlarged picture), the picture closes. Something like what facebook has with its pictures. What do you feel Alhadis?

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:36 pm 

That's how it already is for me, shouvince.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:39 pm 

O_O What browser are you using? I'm using Chrome.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:53 pm 

novakm wrote:
I apologize if this is the wrong thread, but on the main site, the past day or two, I haven't been able to search for bands. Even if it's a well-known band that I search for and I double-check the spelling, nothing comes up. When I click to browse alphabetically, I can choose a letter but then no bands come up. I'm using Firefox btw.

That shouldn't happen. Search works for me. What happens exactly, it's perpetually searching, or just saying "no results"? Maybe you accidentally disabled javascript?

shouvince wrote:
Yeah, clicking outside works for all browsers except Chrome. Dunno why. :|

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:26 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
shouvince wrote:
Yeah, clicking outside works for all browsers except Chrome. Dunno why. :|

Oh snap. You're right. I tried it on shitty browser IE and it worked as well. I'm sure there is a fix for this. I'll ask around.

novakm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:47 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
novakm wrote:

That shouldn't happen. Search works for me. What happens exactly, it's perpetually searching, or just saying "no results"? Maybe you accidentally disabled javascript?

It searches I guess, but no results come up. It is very likely it is something on my end, I wish I knew more about computers so I could figure it out. It's only started happening in the past few days.

Edit: The MA logo doesn't show up on the home screen and there's something that says "loading stats..." that is always there and never finishes loading.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 pm 

Is there any chance that metal knights' similar band recs could give more points? There's quite a few bands that have no recommendations that could be helped out by this. Perhaps an extra point or two from either knights or scribes, who should have reasonable well informed opinions or at least know when to exercise judgment on voting? I suppose it takes five points to make it visible on the main page, but it seems there are bands without much info on them that could at least have some similar artist displayed.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 pm 

Ehhh knights aren't picked based on their knowledge of metal, unlike mods... ;)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:22 pm 

But what about metalcore?!? :P

Serious question: Could reports be merged when artist pages are merged? Seems like it might be useful to preserve both the evidence for a merge as well as any other reports that might have pertinent information.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:25 pm 

That would also allow us to award points to users making the reports without having to close the report and then merge. (In cases where the report was filed on the less-complete page.)

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:26 pm 

Just noticed that the latest reviews and upcoming albums lists on the front page got their margins re-arranged. Nevermind, someone just reviewed a Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis split.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:41 am 

Would it be possible to add some sort of notification system for reports where the user who reports something can be notified, like a site message/warning, that their attention is needed due to a question or needing a source? Maybe something as simple as a check box. There are a lot of reports of registered users where a request for a source or a question takes a long time (weeks/months) without a response, and often it seems like it could be quite simple.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:46 am 

Already requested.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 am 

Another non-MA band duplicate entry that doesn't disappear (and even supplants the archived entry): http://www.metal-archives.com/report/vi ... 9/show/all

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:49 am 

Snapped this:

Are the links supposed to be grey'd out?

Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:24 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
Are the links supposed to be grey'd out?

Actually no, seems like the text colours for links were changed. o0;

Old colours (identical)
  • ████ #82585A : Unvisited
  • ████ #82585A : Visited

New colours
  • ████ #A2787A : Unvisited
  • ████ #787878 : Visited

As these changes don't strike me as haphazard, I'm guessing they were intentionally made. Maybe HB or Morri could better shed light. ;)

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:53 am 

http://dev.metal-archives.com has had those same colours displayed for months. I think it's safe to assume this was an intentional change.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:02 am 

Well, considering that those colours predate a bunch of other features that were being tested on the dev domain (features of which were later launched publicly), I'm not sure it was an intentional move or not. :confused: I always assumed HB and Morri never really approved the look and decided not to commit the new colour scheme.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 65  Next