Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 pm 

Fushigi Yuugi.

You might love it and rage at the same time.

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 pm 

VoidApostle wrote:
So I just watched Sword of The Stranger. Good movie. Not gonna lie, I shed a tear(a very manly tear) when Nanashi drew his sword for the first time and cut down that Chinese fellow.

:thumbsup:
Great movie.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:16 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Hey guyz, if you don't mind helping out an anime poser do you know any good shows filled with adventure and/or fantasy with a strong central romance? Preferably something that isn't hundreds of episodes long. :P

Been in the mood for such a thing lately...

Thanks!

Steins;Gate, Gungrave, Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, Fantastic Children, Princess Tutu, Full Moon wo Sagashite, and Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight come to mind.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:53 pm 

Finally finished LOTGH the other day... wow. I feel emotionally drained. Amazing show, the last 40 or so episodes depressed me though. I liked those guys dammit!

Now I've turned my attention to some currently airing shows, caught upon JJBA, K, and right now I'm catching up on Ixion Saga DT.

Jojo is awesome, really fast paced however, K is pretty good too, great animation, eye candy all around and even some english audio.

Ixion has been enjoyable so far as well, kind of humorous.

last.fm

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:56 pm 

Also there's still the two LOGH Gaiden's, that's about 50 more episodes haha. I still need to watch Spiral Labyrinth myself, the other one was amazing though... goes into Reinhard's backstory (made me like him a lot more) and showed how the Rosenritter came to be, so it still focuses on both sides. Spiral is more about Yang, but I hear it switches over to Reinhard again later on.

Two of the movies are good too, Golden Wings is weird though with different art and all.

RageW
Marisa's Harlot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 am 

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... more-anime

I don't know how many of you guys know/care about this, but it's literally the best news about anything ever in the last 6 years or so. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

New Rozen Maiden anime.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:12 am 

Never was a fan of Rozen Maiden. :|

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:12 am 

great news, though I have yet to watch Träumend

RageW
Marisa's Harlot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:17 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Never was a fan of Rozen Maiden. :|

You will never amount to anything in life.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:21 pm 

Jojo's part 2 is going to be fucking awesome

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:15 am 

Marag wrote:
Jojo's part 2 is going to be fucking awesome

The one shounen I'm stoked for most this weekend. I certainly hope they didn't take a week break off, FUCK!

Can't wait. Anyone still know if it's doing well? I really hope the later parts get animated after this, same staff and all. It could use an upgraded budget, but these guys are doing a great job getting around that with style points through the roof.

Evangelion2014
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:27 am 

Any Texhnolyze fans here? It is one of the most impressively grim, bleak things ever ever seen, and the art gives a great view of a ruined, decrepit shithole city, the characters are pretty much all bastards, but sympathetic at the same time.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:23 pm 

Xeogred wrote:
The one shounen I'm stoked for most this weekend. I certainly hope they didn't take a week break off, FUCK!

Can't wait. Anyone still know if it's doing well? I really hope the later parts get animated after this, same staff and all. It could use an upgraded budget, but these guys are doing a great job getting around that with style points through the roof.

As far as I know, it's doing pretty well, with JoJo fans and the general audience alike. They do miracles with their bugdet, you can tell that the people working on this anime are enjoying the hell out of their work, they not just a bunch of koreans getting paid 10$ a week.

Anyone here been watching Magi? It's a fairly cool shounen airing this season, not on the level of JoJo but it's pretty entertaining.

Evangelion2014 wrote:
Any Texhnolyze fans here? It is one of the most impressively grim, bleak things ever ever seen, and the art gives a great view of a ruined, decrepit shithole city, the characters are pretty much all bastards, but sympathetic at the same time.

I am. One of my favorite animes without a doubt.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:32 pm 

Texhnolyze is indeed awesome. The same director did Steins;Gate, which is cool itself, but I'm really hoping the guy does another violent/action/sci-fi again someday.

Great to hear JoJo is doing well. I wonder if Araki is staying a bit involved as well.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:55 pm 

Gonna start on Magi soon.

I've caught/been catching up with:

Zetsuen no Tempest: Very enjoyable, good animation from Bones, (Not surprising) pretty interesting plot so far, looking forward to episode 10.

Jormungand: This reminds me of Black Lagoon... a lot. It's not quite as good, but it's still pretty damn entertaining. Watched the whole first season yesterday.

Not sure what I'll watch once I get caught up on all the currently airing stuff I"m interested in... I have a lot to choose from.

last.fm

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:11 pm 

Holy shit episode 10 of JoJo, Joseph is off the hook.

spoilers
http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s43 ... Joseph.gif

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:33 pm 

So yeah, I just saw the Berserk movie recently, and it was mediocre. It just made me want to watch the 1997 TV series or read the manga instead.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 pm 

It blew chunks. Boring performances, wacky visuals, subpar generic music, and the most hilarious cut up pacing ever.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 am 

Xeogred wrote:
It blew chunks. Boring performances, wacky visuals, subpar generic music, and the most hilarious cut up pacing ever.

As I mentioned in my review, the 1997 Berserk anime was awesomely low-budget, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:10 am 

I don't know if I'd call it low budget. I just watched it last year or early this year myself for the first time and thought it looked pretty fantastic. There's BD rips of it available now and it looks pretty sexy. The action wasn't as detailed as the manga (or anything for that matter), but still pretty good in motion.

I guess never really think much of production values anyways though.

Worst budget I've probably ever seen though is the 90's Casshern "Robot Hunter" OVA, especially for an OVA, holy fuckles that thing was insanely bad looking with stock footage everywhere, for a 4 episode OVA. Yikes.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:14 am 

The Berserk series' art was dark and muddy while the animation framerate was merely average. But again, I wouldn't have it any other way. Low-budget and dirty is how Berserk was meant to be seen.

RageW
Marisa's Harlot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:11 pm 

I'm halfway through Bakemonogatari and I'm really, really loving the art and animation. The use of title cards and text is really cool because it gives insight into little details of the plot that would otherwise be lost. Sometimes it feels like I'm watching a saner FLCL in a more mature setting; overall it's probably the best anime I've watched this year so far.

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:30 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
The Berserk series' art was dark and muddy while the animation framerate was merely average. But again, I wouldn't have it any other way. Low-budget and dirty is how Berserk was meant to be seen.

No...Berserk could of done with much better animation, those constant still shots were really distracting and it should be obvious that Berserk is meant to be seen in manga format.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:32 pm 

RageW wrote:
I'm halfway through Bakemonogatari and I'm really, really loving the art and animation. The use of title cards and text is really cool because it gives insight into little details of the plot that would otherwise be lost. Sometimes it feels like I'm watching a saner FLCL in a more mature setting; overall it's probably the best anime I've watched this year so far.

Too bad Nisemonogatari goes full retard with the fanservice and kind of sucks. I'm still hyped for Nekomonogatari Kuro though

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:58 pm 

The fan service in Nisemonogatari was creative at least. The toothbrushing scene for example. Not like (generic harem anime here) where it's just tits jiggling around and panty shots.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:40 pm 

Yeah, I'll give them that, and it's not like Bake didn't had any fanservice, but watching Nise felt like watching a really long fanservice scene with some bits of the actual show in it.

I remember Nisio Isin saying that he pretty much wrote Nisemonogatari just for the hell of it(i.e. Araragi sexually harassing his sisters)

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:43 pm 

Psycho Pass ep11 - Shit just got real

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:03 am 

So the show is good? Sounds cool from what I've heard.

Byrain wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:

No...Berserk could of done with much better animation, those constant still shots were really distracting and it should be obvious that Berserk is meant to be seen in manga format.

I'll never get the hate on still shots. Sure it's technically cheap, but used effectively it can add points for style. I remember the ones in Berserk looked pretty badass. JoJo is a new one that does them well too, along with Rainbow and the new HxH (same director, hope this guy sticks around). Dezaki always did still shots the best though, can't beat his style.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:25 am 

Xeogred wrote:
So the show is good? Sounds cool from what I've heard.

Started promising in the first few episodes, then it got pretty shitty for some 4-5 eps, then it started getting good again, and now that the plot really kicked in it looks like it will be a trainwreck(in a good way), as expected from our beloved Gen Urobuchi

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:19 pm 

It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular! is getting an anime. Quite exciting. I'm a really big fan of this series. Reminds me alot of when I was in highschool. Reading it sometimes brings back painful memories, in fact...

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:33 am 

Hajime no Ippo manga reached the chapter # 1000. It went very strong until 780 I think, then it went downhill. Looks like it'll go better now that Ippo finally will go for the world stage.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:50 pm 

VoidApostle wrote:
It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular! is getting an anime. Quite exciting. I'm a really big fan of this series. Reminds me alot of when I was in highschool. Reading it sometimes brings back painful memories, in fact...

I think this series is pretty overrated, and besides, if I wanted to watch a loser, I would stare at the mirror

Anyway, i'll just leave this here
http://i.imgur.com/r77WH.jpg

Camer38
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:59 am 

Evangelion2014 wrote:

I just finished rewatching it and it is one of my favorites for sure. I was really puzzled though in episode 19 when
Spoiler: show
they are on the surface and the train guy is in his old office and tells his boss that he murdered yoshi, when it seemed to be ichese and oonishi that killed yoshi back in episode 10.. can anyone clear that up for me?

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:43 pm 

Camer38 wrote:
Evangelion2014 wrote:

I just finished rewatching it and it is one of my favorites for sure. I was really puzzled though in episode 19 when
they are on the surface and the train guy is in his old office and tells his boss that he murdered yoshi, when it seemed to be ichese and oonishi that killed yoshi back in episode 10.. can anyone clear that up for me?

Yoshii got wrecked by Ichise when he fought against him and Onishi, but he didn't die there. It was when the train dude found Yoshii badly hurt, lying on the floor, and killed him with a close range shot

That's what I remember.

ArtificialStupidity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:28 pm 

Evangelion2014 wrote:

Can we be friends? :)

Arlequinn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:47 pm 

Evangelion2014 wrote:

Wow sounds really promising! I will be sure to watch it, for sure.

At the moment, I've been watching Dead Man Wonderland. It started out really good but then it got sorta meh.

The_Erlking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:45 am 

Yeah Texhnolyze is awesome. I should really rewatch it sometime soon but I'm already watching too many series at the same time. Got to finish some of them first.
I'd love to blast a bit of Voivod and make a better-looking gun turret to glue on the tortoise's shell to make it look like Killing Technology, but the wife won't let me. I think I'll get an Emperor penguin instead.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:58 pm 

So I found a cam rip of Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo, and...what the fuck did I just watch?!

It wasn't exactly End of Evangelion levels of fuckery, but it was still very strange and alienating. The subtitles were half-assed, too, so I'll have to wait for the official release to form a proper opinion of the film. Despite the last 15 minutes being completely full of fuck, I'd still say it was a good movie, and I can't wait for the BD/DVD release.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:51 pm 

I finished BTOOOM! and Sword Art Online a while back, which weren't bad for recent shows.

SAO wasn't exactly original (What is anyway), but it looked good and was fairly charming, a popcorn show IMO.

There is a weird love triangle thing that happens later in the show though.

BTOOOM!: Bit of a silly premise, basically a bunch of people get abducted and dropped on a tropical island where they have to play the real life version of this online game, and kill each other to "win" and be able to leave. LOL @ all the issues everyone that gets sent there has. It looks like there will be a second season but I don't know for sure.

last.fm

RageW
Marisa's Harlot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:13 am 

TheOldOne wrote:
SAO wasn't exactly original (What is anyway), but it looked good and was fairly charming, a popcorn show IMO.

I hope it's mildly entertaining. My girlfriend's gonna make me watch it.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 61  Next