Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
posersmustdie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:46 pm 

Although Mikael was extreme in his statements, it is rather unfair to block him. He was making a legitimate attempt to track down others who may have had bad dealings with selling to Throne_of_Ahaz. I'm a friend of Mikael's. This guy has royally screwed him over. Metantoine's response, was by your own admission, a poor reaction. He simply sided with Throne and made Mikael look like the rip off. He is not! Mikael was pissed off, and rightly so. Metantoine locked the topic for further comments right away. So Mikael made a second topic post. This time he emailed Metantoine proof that he mailed this LP. And although Metantoine DID then accept that Mikael was telling the truth and had proof, he still locked that topic from further reply. Another user on here could not post his input, and he was also ripped off by Throne_of_Ahaz. That was not fair to do. Others should be able to chime in on their comments. This Throne_of_Ahaz guy, I don't know him. But I know Mikael. He is a friend and a totally honest guy. He may have overreacted and made some veiled threats, but he didnt come right out and state any direct threat. Could he have used a lighter approach? Sure. But he's an extreme individual who has played in many extreme bands. You should at least listen to Mikael's side of the story before simply banning him without even talking to him. Mikael told me you haven't even replied to his emails. Why can't you be the better person and email him back? He would listen to reason if you'd at least listen to the situation and admit that metantoine did not handle Mikael's initial posting very well at all. Since you blocked him, he can't even get his personal message from the other user who had bad dealings with Throne in the past, and he needs that info to submit to Pay Pal in his dispute. Are you going to take the side of a person who ripped off Mikael just because he insulted you? That is condescending and childish to do, especially if you're the site co-founder. Perhaps others have had bad dealings with Throne and they cannot post a comment because every post Mikael made has been locked. Mikael did challenge everyone to find anyone in the world that he has ripped off. He has never ripped anybody off. He's known for overreacting and going after people that fuck him over. But from what I read, he did not come right out and say any direct threat. He may have alluded to it, but that is all, from what I read. And to ban him for being a "moron" is condescending on your part. You never even corresponded with him or answered him.

Just my opinion. And I hope you'll think about at least contacting Mikael. His email is [email protected]. He does not mind having his email on here. He doesn't care really that he's banned from here. He just wants to get his personal message sent by another user so he can contact that user outside of this forum and use that info to submit to PayPal. He'd also like to hear from anyone else who has had bad dealings with this Throne_of_Ahaz guy. Be a decent person and contact him.

Thank you.

lsid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:09 pm 

I have bought and sold stuff with Throne_of_Ahaz on ebay and discogs before without any problems at all. Always polite and friendly...never any issues. The big question that is on my mind is why did Mikael not send the LP registered with insurance? I mean this is not a $10 LP we are talking about here.

I got fucked over once before, actually the very first thing I sold on ebay. It was a rare cd and in my naivety I sent it non registered, was not tracked and did not require a signature. The person claimed that they never got the cd, it escalated to a paypal claim and I had to refund the guy. What did that teach me? ALWAYS send stuff registered with insurance if it is above a certain amount. Since that day I have never had a lost package if it was sent registered. To send a $200+ LP without any insurance and non-registered is crazy.

I'm inclined to believe Throne_of_Ahaz because of my good dealings with him...the reality is stuff does get lost in the mail sometimes. Anyway just my 2 cents...

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:12 pm 

Read that if you haven't: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=92239&p=2197231#p2197231

I'd admit (and I did before) that I had problems handling this (I was anxious because it's the end of my semester and I have a shitload of exams) and Throne of Ahaz sent me a PM asking me to solve this situation and I don't have a lot of experience with dealing with these kind of topics. Also, it's much easier to side with someone who's actually polite, respectful and non-violent. And you saying that Morrigan is condescending because she banned him is totally ridiculous. He made insulting threads insulting her directly while she tried to manage this the correct and adult way. "Be a decent person and contact him" do you want to read the messages he sent me?! I locked one of his threads because he made physical threats and this behavior is totally unacceptable in any kind of "decent" societies.

If someone feel like giving Throne of Ahaz negative feedback, they can obviously do so in the aforementioned thread in a polite way, of course.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

posersmustdie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:25 pm 

Lets say hypothetically that Throne_of_Ahaz did not get his LP. Wouldn't it be fair that he and Mikael both split the loss? Is it fair that Mikael is out all the money and does not have his rare Moonblood LP anymore? I'll talk with Mikael about what he emailed you, but I still don't think he threatened anyone outright. I've known him for years. I KNOW that he shoots his mouth off and comes off as a psychopath, but so do a lot of musicians in extreme bands. He lives the lifestyle of extreme metal. He has been ripped off by a lot of people. And no one gave him the benefit of the doubt from the beginning, I direct that at you metantoine. I saw the post and you locked it without even giving Mikael a chance yet to prove himself. That set him off. I don't know what else to add to this discussion other than you are letting and helping Mikael get screwed over by at least not granting him access to his personal message from some user on here. It's Orkblut, just looked it up. Would Orkblut at least contact Mikael so that he can use your story/info to submit to Paypal?

I am myself against those that rip people off. And from Mikael's perspective that is what happened. But it's not right that he is out the money and that LP. And if the LP does show up, who would trust this Throne guy to give the money back and not just keep it? I did say that Mikael could have handled the situation calmer, but if you knew him, he's just not like that. He can be a psychopath and you really don't want to fuck the guy over because he knows some crazy people all over the world who are fans of his bands Night Conquers Day and Tearstained (great bands btw).

Anyways, that's all for me. Posers Must Die!

lsid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:50 pm 

posersmustdie wrote:
Lets say hypothetically that Throne_of_Ahaz did not get his LP. Wouldn't it be fair that he and Mikael both split the loss? Is it fair that Mikael is out all the money and does not have his rare Moonblood LP anymore?

I'm sorry but this is delusional. Let's say hypothetically I purchase a Dark Medieval Times LP for £600 off someone on ebay. £600 is a shit lot of money for me, and would take me months to save. And let's say hypothetically the person sends it to me non-registered without any insurance (I would not let this happen but this is purely hypothetical). Let's say that I don't receive it and I tell the person that sold it to me that I didn't receive it. I would laugh at the person if they told me to split the costs (£300). Why should I be £300 out of pocket? Business does not work like that. It is the sellers responsibility to ensure that if they are sending valuable items across the world they need to post it the safest possible way. Even then stuff still gets lost in the mail, however the seller could at least put in a postal claim (whether they are successful with the claim is another story).

Don't get me wrong I am not saying that Mikael is a rip off, but the fact remains sending any valuable items non-registered without any insurance is irresponsible. Sorry to chime in again but I had to comment on that. I won't say anymore.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:18 pm 

Not this shit again... (Btw, I'm pretty sure, about 90%, that you're Mikael himself, but I'll be nice and show good faith and assume you're not lying)

Look, I already addressed pretty much everything you said in this post here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=92239&p=2197231#p2197231
But let me just add a few more things:
  • Metantoine already apologized and acknowledged his error. It's done. What more do you want from him?
  • Even if Metantoine locked the thread (which was probably not an incorrect thing to do considering its tone), people can still post negative feedback about traders in the sticky thread, so it's not as if anyone's voice was being silenced.
  • Mikael did not make "veiled threats". He made pretty explicit ones. This is not acceptable to do anywhere. In fact, it's illegal. And you think it's unfair he got banned? Are you for real?
  • Mikael has never emailed me! We do get a lot of emails, but I have absolutely zero email from him. I even checked the spam folder in case the software was too sensitive; nothing. If he insists he sent emails, he may have gotten the address wrong, I don't know, but I swear on my mother's grave that I have not received a single email from Mikael. That said, considering his attitude in general, I probably would have indeed ignored the emails. If I get any in the future, I will. I already spent far more time on this stupid debacle than I should have. He's on his own. But hey he's a big boy, I'm sure he can take care of himself.
  • I am not "taking the side of a person", nor am I banning him because "he insulted me". Regarding the trade/sale dispute, I am not taking ANY side, and I'm always sympathetic for victims (perceived or real) of rip-offs. But it's not my place to take a side in this dispute. It IS my place to decide what kind of behaviour is acceptable to have on this forum, and one that involves making threats and being verbally abusive (even to innocent bystanders in the chatroom -- and yes, he actually did this, I can dig up logs if anyone cares, but there were plenty of witnesses) is not acceptable on my forum. I dare say it's not acceptable on any forum, or any place in real life either. Common sense, ya know?
  • If Mikael cannot read his private messages anymore... well, tough shit. He should have thought of that before going berserk and getting himself banned. Maybe that will be a lesson to him to act more civilized in the future? Probably not, I'm sure he'll just blame me and call me all manners of names again, but whatever. His email has been posted, so anyone who wants to share their negative experience with other traders can reach him by themselves. I shall take no further part in this.

I admit, I liked this part:
Quote:
He would listen to reason if you'd at least listen to the situation and admit that metantoine did not handle Mikael's initial posting very well at all.

It's strange because I already did that, and you know it, because in the same post, on the second line, you wrote, "Metantoine's response, was by your own admission, a poor reaction." Contradicting yourself? And of course, we now have this gem:

Quote:
He can be a psychopath and you really don't want to fuck the guy over because he knows some crazy people all over the world

That... sounds like a threat to me. To your credit, this time it was veiled and implicit, but it's still a threat. Let me make this painfully clear: you do not get to threaten people, you stupid degenerates. Not here, not anywhere, and especially not over something that's hardly a matter of life and death. You want people to be on your side against the evils of rip-off traders? Congratulations, you're doing the worst possible job.

So... yeah, we're done here. Lest anyone think I'm censoring opinions about Throne_of_Ahaz, I'm not. As Metantoine said, they can post their negative feedback just like anyone else.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:19 pm 

For anyone who needs a reminder of how vulgar this guy got, just look at my signature.

Clearly, he didn't deserve much else but a permanent time out.

Lol

J
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:19 pm 

I have bought one item from ToA from discogs and all went well.

On the other hand, having discussions and a disagreement with him about selling and shipping items (I sell a lot, too), I can safely say I will not deal with him again.

If what this Michael person has said is true and the confirmation was proven to be genuine, then ToA has some answering to do. His silence is doing him no favors.

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:45 am 

I just wonder why doesnt TOA defend himself directly!!!? And asked from moderators to do it.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:42 am 

Bayusik posted his personal informations and he asked for its deletion and when there's a doubt that he's not guilty, I don't see why his address and his real name should remain here. The situation isn't black and white.

But yeah, perhaps he should post, I don't know.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Reply to topic