Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:23 am
Posts: 378
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:23 pm 
 

clintdarkness wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
Sorry, that's still too short to get a band accepted based on a digital demo hosted on Bandcamp alone.



I guess I am unsure as to what this actually means? Too short??

From the rules:
Quote:
Length of material: The album must be a full-length. There is no hard-defined cut-off, as that would be arbitrary: a good guideline, however, would be roughly 30 minutes of original material. This is to avoid the kind of bands that have a lazy "promo single", or a "3 song EP", of which 2 are covers, for instance. Expect moderator discretion for evaluating this. An EP may be accepted depending on the situation. Two EPs are better than one, for sure.
_________________
... We shall piss on your graves, kill your women, rape your daughters and torture your soul until eternity ends.

Top
 Profile  
LMTCSupport
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:45 pm 
 

Hi, I noticed Parkway Drive and I Killed The Prom Queen are blacklisted here for being "hardcore with metallic overtones". But, as I this decisions are not definitive, since Soulfly and Devildriver got accepted here for publishing metal albums. If some mod has listened to Atlas there's no particular difference between works of bands like All That Remains, yet-named-Devildriver, Stigma and other bands who are here.
I Killed The Prom Queen are not so distant from bands like Slowmotion Apocalypse and As I Lay Dying in sounds - just listen to some of their songs like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JtOSM62E04 or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZvVvSFCZ-Y and then compare it to these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLXbca-3e64 who instead of IKTPQ are in the archives.
Keep in mind: I'm NOT saying mods MUST ACCEPT them, but asking if there's some chance for them to being here and why they are rejected in favour of other similar bands. I totally understand Atreyu, Hatebreed, Oceano, Bullet for My Valentine, but I sincerely don't see a clear reason why the other two bands named after are X rejected.

Top
 Profile  
souvikpunk
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 am
Posts: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:44 pm 
 

the band KRAYL's split album with another black metal band DEFILED MAGESTIES has released on tridroid records on cd-r format 50 copies :), please remove KRAYL from blacklist :)

heres the link of the release :-
http://tridroid.bandcamp.com/album/inquitios-necrotis

heres the link of the songs of KRAYL :-
www.reverbnation.com/krayl

thank you,hailz \m/ :)

Top
 Profile  
Hiking Metal Punk
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:57 am
Posts: 2
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:50 pm 
 

Hi,

A band from Canada called "Unbowed" had been previously blacklisted because they had no physical releases. As of today, they have released their first EP both as a disc and digital copy (from what I've read, you accept digital releases now as well.) Here's a link to the album page where it's available for both free download and for purchase: http://unbowedofficial.bandcamp.com/

Furthermore, a link to one of the songs on the album.



Could you kindly remove them from the blacklist?

Thanks!

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8653
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:11 pm 
 

Removed from the blacklist, feel free to resubmit!
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm - Wings of Metal 2014 review, Horrendous - Ecdysis
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
LMTCSupport
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:07 pm 
 

Take Charge, Buffalo Gryllz, Orange Man Theory and Abomination Svomitation Svergination are blacklisted. Why?

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5804
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:29 pm 
 

souvikpunk wrote:
the band KRAYL's split album with another black metal band DEFILED MAGESTIES has released on tridroid records on cd-r format 50 copies :), please remove KRAYL from blacklist :)

heres the link of the release :-
http://tridroid.bandcamp.com/album/inquitios-necrotis

heres the link of the songs of KRAYL :-
http://www.reverbnation.com/krayl

thank you,hailz \m/ :)

Sorry, I consulted two other mods and they agree that this is more noise than metal. The guitars are buried to the point that they don't exist, let alone any kind of riffs. Not acceptable at this point.

LMTCSupport wrote:
Take Charge, Buffalo Gryllz, Orange Man Theory and Abomination Svomitation Svergination are blacklisted. Why?

Taken from the blacklist notes:
- Take Charge: "More -core than metal"
- Abomination Svomitation Svergination: "Noise-driven grindcore littered with samples and punkish riffs."

Buffalo Grillz and Orange Man Theory have no reason entered and I don't know the bands. A quick listen on Youtube didn't sound too metallic, though. Do they have any releases you can link to you think make them eligible for inclusion?
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
LMTCSupport
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:39 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Buffalo Grillz and Orange Man Theory have no reason entered and I don't know the bands. A quick listen on Youtube didn't sound too metallic, though. Do they have any releases you can link to you think make them eligible for inclusion?


The Orange Man Theory
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&keywo ... as=popular
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Riding-Cannibal ... 083&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Satan-Told-Me-I ... 083&sr=1-2
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/orangemantheory
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Riding-Cannibal ... 53f22ab3a3

Buffalo Grillz
http://www.fnac.it/BUFFALO-GRILLZ-Manzo ... um/a659861
http://www.amazon.it/Manzo-Criminale-Bu ... 301&sr=8-1
http://www.ebay.it/itm/New-BUFFALO-GRIL ... 525wt_1165

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9522
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:03 pm 
 

Hiking Metal Punk wrote:
Hi,

A band from Canada called "Unbowed" had been previously blacklisted because they had no physical releases. As of today, they have released their first EP both as a disc and digital copy (from what I've read, you accept digital releases now as well.) Here's a link to the album page where it's available for both free download and for purchase: http://unbowedofficial.bandcamp.com/

I've accepted them, but next time, do include the Bandcamp link in your submission. Not every mod might see your post here.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
LMTCSupport
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:03 pm 
 

I also tried to add Soul Cycle and it was rejected for being a "download only" band. Now I discover that is blacklisted. Reasons?

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Anthropophagus

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 2489
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:44 pm 
 

@LMTCSupport:

The bands you've requested us to look at haven't been rejected because they're "download only," they were rejected for being non-metal. We reviewed both Parkway Drive and I Killed the Prom Queen, and they're still very much rooted in -core (a clear example of unacceptable metalcore). I agree with Azmodes, and Buffalo Grillz and Orange Man Theory are also non-metal (again not rejected for being digital-only). Soul Cycle were rejected for being Djent, not for being "download only." Could you please stop bringing up bands as examples of what you think were rejected for being digital-only, that are on the blacklist for being clearly non-metal? Please take another look at music we consider acceptable/unacceptable: http://www.metal-archives.com/content/r ... #tab_metal

Top
 Profile  
Ziotopanga
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:43 am
Posts: 91
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:21 am 
 

I tried to submit Connor Engstrom and it was accepted at first and then added to the black list, but I can't understand why.

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Anthropophagus

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 2489
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:25 am 
 

The original acceptance (mine) was based on ReverbNation samples that appeared metal. I took a second listen from the input of another mod, using the full album, and it was determined that the tracks put up on ReverbNation only represented the most metal 1/3 of the album (cherry picked). The rest of the album is orchestral/symphonic music. Sorry, it's just not an acceptable release, after all.

Top
 Profile  
DreadlockMocio
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 am 
 

Why Dreariness from Italy was Blacklisted?? not metal? it's possible to have more explanations about what kind of Depressive Black Metal, Black Shoegaze is acceptable? i made a lot of confusion with this matter, same thing happened when Misfortune from Japan was blacklisted! thanks

Top
 Profile  
dale crover
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:11 pm
Posts: 5
Location: France
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:12 am 
 

Quote:
Sorry dale crover, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Nippercreep (France), for the following reason:

Punk. Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum. Please read (or re-read) our rules next time to see what qualifies as metal.


Sorry, but listen the Nippercreep's album "Test" : http://www.archive.org/download/Nippercreep-Test/Nippercreep-Test.zip
Tell me if you always think it's a Punk band?
_________________
http://www.nippercreep.c.la
http://www.facebook.com/nippercreep

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3580
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:13 am 
 

DreadlockMocio wrote:
i made a lot of confusion with this matter, same thing happened when Misfortune from Japan was blacklisted! thanks

Confusion? Then let me clarify it for you:

BLACKENED SHOEGAZE, NOT METAL. :D
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
LMTCSupport
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:00 am 
 

Derigin wrote:
@LMTCSupport:

The bands you've requested us to look at haven't been rejected because they're "download only," they were rejected for being non-metal. We reviewed both Parkway Drive and I Killed the Prom Queen, and they're still very much rooted in -core (a clear example of unacceptable metalcore). I agree with Azmodes, and Buffalo Grillz and Orange Man Theory are also non-metal (again not rejected for being digital-only). Soul Cycle were rejected for being Djent, not for being "download only." Could you please stop bringing up bands as examples of what you think were rejected for being digital-only, that are on the blacklist for being clearly non-metal? Please take another look at music we consider acceptable/unacceptable: http://www.metal-archives.com/content/r ... #tab_metal


And why similar bands with identic sounds are accepted?

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3580
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:20 am 
 

LMTCSupport wrote:
And why similar bands with identic sounds are accepted?

With identical sounds? There are none; and if there are, they should be deleted.

Any band you think is too similar to Parkway Drive or whatever will have been accepted on the site based on one or more FULLY metallic releases (preferably a full-length). There's no clear-cut rules, because every band is assessed individually.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
thrasher988
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:49 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:44 am 
 

Hi,
my submission for Dreariness was rejected with the reason of "Shoegaze", but this project is Depressive black metal. Actually I can't submit the band again, is in the blacklist, but there was an error, please listen some songs, is DSBM and not Shoegaze.

Top
 Profile  
firinghuman
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:59 am
Posts: 1
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:51 am 
 

Stories of a dark soul published the first demo through schattenreich promotions

you can check the physical release of "blutige pfade" here :

www.schattenreichpromotions.de.vu if you click on the "sortiment" page in the top menu, there is also the release date "04.01.2012"

for prove of metalness, please listen to this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT9Z-9rxOMM

or this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT9Z-9rxOMM

I hope I gave you the information needed, to accept Stories of a dark soul

Top
 Profile  
sibraa6
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:32 pm
Posts: 50
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:59 am 
 

I don't understand why "Vixenta" was blacklisted, apparently it says...

"This band was previously rejected for the following reason:

Largely ambient. Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum. Please read (or re-read) our rules next time to see what qualifies as metal."

I quite disagree, I don't see it as "largely" ambient and I don't think anyone else would.

Other material is metal, but the examples I gave were poor and didn't show that off very well, am I able to resubmit with other songs for examples?

This is all old material we have and the newest stuff is much more suited, which is why I moreso added it, so I think a blacklist is unnecessary, and we should have the chance to re-add ourselves in the future even.

Top
 Profile  
darXcore
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 am
Posts: 13
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:09 am 
 

I've spent about 30 mins properly filling in everything from line-ups past and present to releases and additional info on top of compressing/resizing images in order to submit Overtortute (http://www.overtorture.se/), and they're still not in the band queue and not online, so why the rejection please :annoyed: ?

Top
 Profile  
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 1513
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:22 am 
 

I rejected another user earlier that had filled out the exact same info, so I rejected your submission on the basis that he was first.
_________________
http://www.phidion.st
http://phidion.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/Phidion

Top
 Profile  
darXcore
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 am
Posts: 13
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:40 am 
 

I don't care who's first, someone's done it earlier or better, great, I simply want comprehensive and exact info on the site, that's why I try to contribute, as you can see by my reports and submissions, so the point is: where is the page for Overtorture? Maybe I'm dense but i can't find it.

Also, where do I check if a band's already been submitted? Not the band queue it seems, cause they ain't there.

Another band I can't spot is Hatriot (Zetro's new band), and I'm pretty sure it's been submitted already, so where is it please?

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3580
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:55 am 
 

darXcore wrote:
Also, where do I check if a band's already been submitted? Not the band queue it seems, cause they ain't there.

That's... actually a good point. It's not on the site, it's not in the band queue, and I see *two* rejections... >_>

Mind you, while we admire your efforts, I'm afraid the other user's draft is more complete (albeit slightly). The quality of your images, however, is much higher. :D So, you're to be commended for that at least.

Quote:
Another band I can't spot is Hatriot (Zetro's new band), and I'm pretty sure it's been submitted already, so where is it please?

Was on the blacklist, that's where it was. Reason being: "No PR". I've unblacklisted them for you, assuming they have a valid release. :)
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 1513
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:08 am 
 

darXcore wrote:
I don't care who's first, someone's done it earlier or better, great, I simply want comprehensive and exact info on the site, that's why I try to contribute, as you can see by my reports and submissions, so the point is: where is the page for Overtorture? Maybe I'm dense but i can't find it.


The earlier submission was rejected, simply because the album isn't to be released until January 25th.
When two submissions of the same band occur, we chose the one which is more complete, and in this case, both were slightly the same, but the other one was submitted earlier.

Rejected bands go back in the users drafts again and not visible in the queue.
_________________
http://www.phidion.st
http://phidion.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/Phidion

Top
 Profile  
darXcore
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 am
Posts: 13
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 am 
 

Which part of "I don't care who's first, someone's done it earlier or better, great, I simply want comprehensive and exact info on the site" wasn't clear?
So, where is the page for Overtorture please? I'm sorry, I still can't find it, Am I the stupid one?

For your info, the first rejection required proof of metalness, cause apparently the label's page with the release details and a sample song available for streaming wasn't enough, so I added more and re-subbed, then got rejected again.

Anyway, I still don't get how to check if something's already been submitted, can you please tell me?

Finally, what do you mean Hatriot's been unblacklisted? Do I submit all from scratch now or is there a way to make use of what's been already submitted? They do have a regular release now, here it is http://www.massacre-records.com/comingsoon.asp, but don't the new 2013 rules accept proper digital ones too like this http://massacre.musiclogistics.net/releases/19934?lang=en?

Top
 Profile  
thrasher988
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:49 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:19 am 
 

What about Dreariness..?

Top
 Profile  
darXcore
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 am
Posts: 13
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:21 am 
 

Porman wrote:
The earlier submission was rejected, simply because the album isn't to be released until January 25th.
So the band page can't exist before the debut release comes out?!?
Ever heard of advance copies and promos? Don't count?
Porman wrote:
Rejected bands go back in the users drafts again and not visible in the queue.
Meaning I can't see if someone's already spent time doing what I'm trying to do and potentially it can always go to waste?
If that's so that was my last data submission, that's no proper moderation.

Top
 Profile  
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 1513
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 am 
 

No, they don't count. The rules clearly state that for a new band to enter MA, it has to have at least one release available to the public.

Your draft should still be available to you so you can try again when the album is out.
Bear in mind that we will chose the most complete entry.
_________________
http://www.phidion.st
http://phidion.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/Phidion

Top
 Profile  
darXcore
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 am
Posts: 13
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:30 am 
 

But can I see if someone's already spent time submitting what I'm trying to or can it always potentially go to waste?
Like, right now has the other submission been rejected cause the album's not out too? If so, it's in the other user's drafts and I can't see it right?

Regarding Hatriot: don't the new 2013 rules accept proper digital releases and so doesn't this single count http://massacre.musiclogistics.net/releases/19934?lang=en?

Top
 Profile  
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 1513
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:35 am 
 

Yes, that was my mistake, I should've modified the rejection reply.
I apologize for that.

Regarding Hatriot, a single doesn't count as we prefer a full length and to some extent, EP's.
Please read the updated rule on Valid releases as everything you need to know is written there.
_________________
http://www.phidion.st
http://phidion.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/Phidion

Top
 Profile  
darXcore
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 am
Posts: 13
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:47 am 
 

Thanks for the info, all understood, except for the most crucial item to me which is still unclear: can I see if someone's already spent time submitting what I'm trying to or can it always potentially go to waste?

Regarding Overtorture for example, has the other user's submission been rejected cause the album's not out too? If so, it's in his/her drafts and I can't see it, right?

Top
 Profile  
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 1513
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am 
 

Yes, you can only see what's in the submission queue, not other peoples drafts. I simply forgot that a regular user can't see that.
So, if a submission has been rejected, then no, you can't see if it someone else has done it before you.

I have to clarify that this sort of thing doesn't happen too often.

And yes, both two other Overtorture submissions have been rejected for the same reason.
_________________
http://www.phidion.st
http://phidion.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/Phidion

Top
 Profile  
darXcore
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 am
Posts: 13
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:07 am 
 

The other mod said Hatriot was blacklisted, so can't that functionality, in the absence of a dedicated one (hint, hint...), be used to lock a band until their proper/valid debut comes out and save contributers' time?

Top
 Profile  
HeathenmetalleR
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:23 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 am 
 

Dear everyone,

A while ago I posted my Post black metal project Melancholie, and was of course thinking of approval on the metal archives site. But to my surprise Melancholie was rejected due to it being labelled an 'ambient project, not metal'. If one listens only to a few songs by Melancholie, this misconception is understandable, as Melancholie does have quite a few ambient songs. However, it is still a Post black metal project and therefore has quite a few metal songs on the debut album. I hereby aim to prove melancholie's 'metalness'.

If one would listen to the following song, it was posted on youtube as a promotional video for the first fullength. the fullength was released physically, but I will prove that later. the following link will lead to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH-oscn_kGU Indeed, the song has a lengthy, non-metal intro, but after about four minutes, the song progresses towards it's Post black metal part. If one would listen the entire song, one would draw the conclusion of this being indeed Metal.

Of course, there are more metal songs on the first fullength, samples of this can be found via the album sampler, also posted on youtube as promotion. The following link will lead to the sampler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryGkPJiYwtw And again, the sampler starts with a sample from an ambient song, as the first song on the album is and ambient composition, same goes for the last song. But the samples from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th song clearly show that Melancholie is indeed also a Post black metal project.

To prove that these songs have indeed been released, you can check the label Zwaertgevegt, check 'Releases' and then click on release 046: Melancholie - Verlangen. The coverart on the tape/physical release differs from the coverart used in the video, as the album was initially to be released as a CD, this has now become a tape release. It was released limited to 66 copies. A link to the Zwaertgevegt site: http://www.zwaertgevegt.blogspot.nl/

To prove that the songs on youtube posted by myself (as Melancholie is my project) are the same as the songs listed on the Zwaertgevegt site: the label Zwaertgevegt also posted the album sampler on youtube, first showing the tape coverart and then the same video I made for the album sampler. this video can be found via the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qNWf7Fz ... gQ&index=2 Again, the sampler starts with an ambient sample but later in the video you will hear Metal samples playing.

I hope, that after people have carefully read this post and viewed the evidence for Melancholie's 'metalness', that Melancholie will be approved in the archives. If still some pieces of the puzzle are missing, I would gladly like to hear it. To everyone that read this entire post: I thank you for your time and patience!

Kind regards, Robbert van Rumund ( I hope I posted it on the right page now :P)

Top
 Profile  
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 1513
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:38 am 
 

darXcore wrote:
The other mod said Hatriot was blacklisted, so can't that functionality, in the absence of a dedicated one (hint, hint...), be used to lock a band until their proper/valid debut comes out and save contributers' time?


Usually, it's not necessary to blacklist a band. But I see your point. The recent change of rules (we now accept digital bands) will probably bring up a lot of bands that were previously blacklisted because they were digital only.

But the overall purpose of blacklisting bands isn't to prevent users for that reason, it would result in hundreds of bands being blacklisted merely by existing.
_________________
http://www.phidion.st
http://phidion.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/Phidion

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5804
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:03 pm 
 

sibraa6 wrote:
I don't understand why "Vixenta" was blacklisted, apparently it says...

"This band was previously rejected for the following reason:

Largely ambient. Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum. Please read (or re-read) our rules next time to see what qualifies as metal."

I quite disagree, I don't see it as "largely" ambient and I don't think anyone else would.

Other material is metal, but the examples I gave were poor and didn't show that off very well, am I able to resubmit with other songs for examples?

This is all old material we have and the newest stuff is much more suited, which is why I moreso added it, so I think a blacklist is unnecessary, and we should have the chance to re-add ourselves in the future even.

Well, can you post those songs you think are more metal here? Keep in mind that we need a valid release that is predominantly metal, not just some unreleased songs here and there.

firinghuman wrote:
Stories of a dark soul published the first demo through schattenreich promotions

you can check the physical release of "blutige pfade" here :

http://www.schattenreichpromotions.de.vu if you click on the "sortiment" page in the top menu, there is also the release date "04.01.2012"

for prove of metalness, please listen to this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT9Z-9rxOMM

or this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT9Z-9rxOMM

I hope I gave you the information needed, to accept Stories of a dark soul

Resubmit with those links included and there shouldn't be a problem.

thrasher988 wrote:
Hi,
my submission for Dreariness was rejected with the reason of "Shoegaze", but this project is Depressive black metal. Actually I can't submit the band again, is in the blacklist, but there was an error, please listen some songs, is DSBM and not Shoegaze.

No error, it was judged not metal enough by our standards. Please accept our decision.

HeathenmetalleR wrote:
*Melancholie*

I'm not hearing much metal in that first song, it sounds predominantly ambient to me, even after the intro. There are guitars, but they are not playing anything resembling metal riffs. From what I hear, they are used in such a manner as to create ambiance. Same for the sampler. Sorry, no.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
darXcore
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:17 am
Posts: 13
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:11 pm 
 

Porman wrote:
Usually, it's not necessary to blacklist a band. But I see your point. The recent change of rules (we now accept digital bands) will probably bring up a lot of bands that were previously blacklisted because they were digital only.

But the overall purpose of blacklisting bands isn't to prevent users for that reason, it would result in hundreds of bands being blacklisted merely by existing.
I see, so basically until a band's valid debut is actually out, no matter if it's been announced and/or advanced/promo'd, and especially on its release date it's way more likely submission efforts will go to waste, like my two, and there's nothing which can be done moderation side, definitely not good and surely not the way to have new data in a timely fashion, guess I'll stick to corrections and updates from now on, at least until a better process or tech solution is implemented.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5804
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 pm 
 

dale crover wrote:
Quote:
Sorry dale crover, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Nippercreep (France), for the following reason:

Punk. Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum. Please read (or re-read) our rules next time to see what qualifies as metal.


Sorry, but listen the Nippercreep's album "Test" : http://www.archive.org/download/Nippercreep-Test/Nippercreep-Test.zip
Tell me if you always think it's a Punk band?

Hm, not exactly sure. The blacklist note says "Punk with slight Thrash leanings", I guess that's as good a description as any. I'm hearing heavy punk/grungy rock; mixing in some metal in places, yes, but not what we would consider a metal band. It's a bit of a tricky case, but I'd agree with the rejecting mod.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 288  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group