Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Tonger_Bloedhiem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:02 pm 

Tonger_Bloedhiem wrote:
Why was The Blackest Grey (Netherlands) blacklisted?

http://www.myspace.com/theblackestgrey#!

Thanks.

Anyone?

inpitch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:12 pm 

So, but I have a full length (29:00), but dont have physical copies, but its on mediafire for downloads, haves 60 downloads.

in this link can u see the album
http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/album-gr ... l-en.html#

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:18 pm 

Please, read the rules on Valid Releases.

Metal Murph
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:34 pm 

Obviously I realized that Between the Buried and me has been blacklisted, and I am probably going to assume that it is because they have some "core" aspects. Yes that is true for their early albums, but they have been drifting away with those aspects with their last 3 albums, especially their latest one "The Parallax II: Future Sequence. In my personal opinion, at least for their more recent releases, I see them as crossover progressive death metal, like suicidal tendencies (except that it's crossover death, not crossover thrash), and progressive rock/metal "progresses" and incorporates a variety of sounds, such as soft rock, (which is something dream theater and opeth do and yet they are in the metal-archives), sometimes jazz fusion, emphasis on keyboards, and very complex song structures, and when you add death metal into it, you get bands like Opeth, Gojira, Between the Buried and Me just to name a few, and Between the Buried and Me make some of the most (if not the most) complex music in the world, and that's something that doesn't describe metalcore/deathcore. I am going to provide the song Telos and Astral Body, and review of the band with a summary of them, and if you still think it doesn't make the cut or already heard it and deemed it not metal, I would at least like a fair explanation as to why, because as far as I am concerned, if Underoath and As I lay Dying can be in this thing, I think Between the Buried and Me should definitely qualify.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_TafYAcd8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRbnY8EK4Ew

http://www.musicmight.com/artist/united ... ied+and+me

Last edited by Metal Murph on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TikrasTamsusNaktis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:07 pm 

Hey guys, I love how "digital" bands can be added now and so I found a band called Aylwin from the States. As I went to start to add them I got a message saying they have been blacklisted. I am wondering if this is a permanent thing or has that not been changed yet because this whole allowing bands with only digital downloads is a new thing. They have a demo and a split record on their bandcamp.

DomDomMCMG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 pm 

Okay since the Archives are now accepting bands with digital albums could Disfiguring the Goddess and Fallen Figure get removed from the blacklist?

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:33 pm 

DomDomMCMG wrote:
Disfiguring the Goddess

See the previous page of this thread. In short: no, predominantly deathcore/slam with too little death metal influence.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 pm 

TikrasTamsusNaktis wrote:
Hey guys, I love how "digital" bands can be added now and so I found a band called Aylwin from the States. As I went to start to add them I got a message saying they have been blacklisted. I am wondering if this is a permanent thing or has that not been changed yet because this whole allowing bands with only digital downloads is a new thing. They have a demo and a split record on their bandcamp.

It was deemed not metal enough, sorry.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:06 pm 

@Metal Murph
BTBAM was already reviewed (again) and deemed not metal. In fact, it's one of the bands we've given as a clear example of not acceptable. So, please, don't continue asking about them.

@DomDomMCMG
Fallen Figure were rejected for being primarily -core, so it wont be removed.

Metal Murph
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:22 am 

[quote="Derigin"]@Metal Murph
BTBAM was already reviewed (again) and deemed not metal. In fact, it's one of the bands we've given as a clear example of not acceptable. So, please, don't continue asking about them.

Ok (I assumed that was gonna be said), but like I also asked, can you at least tell me what makes in your mind not metal, I am not going to counter-attack your reason back, I am just curious, I may learn something from your perspective

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:40 am 

They're simply not considered metal by our standards. While I think they have some metal elements myself, it's not the main emphasis of the band, it's simply one of their influences. Do you need a 10 pages essay about it? Derigin could write one, but I certainly don't feel like doing it.

I'll also say: use the search function next time, I think it's like the 20th time BTBAM is brought up since the release of their last album. Our answers are gonna stay the same obviously and we're getting pretty annoyed by it.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Metal Murph
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 am 

Metantoine wrote:
They're simply not considered metal by our standards. While I think they have some metal elements myself, it's not the main emphasis of the band, it's simply one of their influences. Do you need a 10 pages essay about it? Derigin could write one, but I certainly don't feel like doing it.

I'll also say: use the search function next time, I think it's like the 20th time BTBAM is brought up since the release of their last album. Our answers are gonna stay the same obviously and we're getting pretty annoyed by it.

I did, I searched "Between the Buried and Me" and all that came up was just posts that had the words "the" "and" between", nothing about the band itself, and I am not asking for a 10 page essay, i just want to know what u would relate to them more as, like is it more related to hardcore, punk, whatever, as i said before, it may make more sense to me and i may have a change of an opinion (in some ways I am kind of seeing why you wouldn't call them metal, they don't have that raw, aggressive sound that metal bands have)

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 am 

I'm curious as to why the band I submitted (Angel Vivaldi) was rejected. My email notification tells me it's because they were considered "Djent," and don't mean to offend but I find that absolutely ridiculous. I understand that constant shredding over repetitive one-note chugging may be looped into that category, but that's not at all what the rhythm guitar is even doing. Throughout that entire Universal Language EP the rhythm guitars are still doing runs of scales on the low end of the neck and still playing melodies in a sort of post-thrash manner, and even though there are moments of breakdowns/slams or whatever you want to call them, they are in the minority when compared to the rest of the movements on the album. It's practically the equivalent of any generic deathcore band that throws in a few slams in their songs, except that this isn't deathcore (and as to why a form of progressive metal is being rejected from the archives is beyond me).

If I just happened to give a bad example of their sound then I'll be glad to give another one. If you have your minds ultimately made up on this then fine, but all I ask is just that you at least reconsider because I personally find this rejection on the terms of "Djent" to be a tad absurd, no offense.

gabrielwilde
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:01 am 

OK Original post is here... I'll wait for an answer...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95731

souvikpunk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:11 am 

please tell me why the band LOBOTOMICAL ABSTRACT TORTURE was rejected? its black metal with noise elements like gnaw their tongues, the reason for rejection given was 'its dark ambient,having blackened vocals and a guitar chord ringing throughout the music doesn't make it black metal..sorry' , cmon mods its black metal,it has drums too thorughout,please have a re-listen
www.reverbnation.com/lobotomicalabstracttorture

thank you \m/

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:38 am 

gabrielwilde wrote:
OK Original post is here... I'll wait for an answer...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95731

My answer is in the original rejection message: "Mostly ambient with some very minimal metal influence." And that's exactly what it was. Your original post is dishonest, as I said the metal influence was "very minimal", not non-existent. Still, it's not enough. The music is not driven by metal riffs. Read the rules again:

Quote:
First and foremost, for a band to be metal, it must have metal riffs. This point should be fairly straight-forward and obvious. Nevertheless, when it comes to some genres or styles, it's not always implied that the music is rooted in metal or is substantively comprised of metal riffs. FFor example, grindcore can either be rooted in punk (ex. Anal Cunt) or in death metal (ex. Nasum, Pig Destroyer, Agathocles); metalcore rooted in hardcore/-core (ex. Atreyu) or in metal (ex. The Red Chord); and so on. Such music can be borderline, but still be acceptable. Some bands have mostly chugging, fuzz, or noodling, with minor metal influences; this does not make these bands metal. The metal elements must outweigh the non-metal ones.

souvikpunk wrote:
please tell me why the band LOBOTOMICAL ABSTRACT TORTURE was rejected? its black metal with noise elements like gnaw their tongues, the reason for rejection given was 'its dark ambient,having blackened vocals and a guitar chord ringing throughout the music doesn't make it black metal..sorry' , cmon mods its black metal,it has drums too thorughout,please have a re-listen

See above, that paragraph applies to you too. Alhadis's decision was correct. This is nowhere near black metal. It's ambient keyboard with blastbeats and some almost inaudible fuzz. If you think this makes a band black metal, you need to educate yourself.
These are all black metal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M4jVQ_wKfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVEk8K6MnJo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_VJTblVJk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka3YQdNhRbk

All very different, and yet they have one thing common, which your band doesn't. Try to figure it out.

(I mean seriously, "it has drums throughout" = black metal now? :lol:)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Tonger_Bloedhiem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:53 am 

Attempt 3:

Thanks.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:08 am 

Tonger_Bloedhiem wrote:
Attempt 3:

Thanks.

Don't know why they were blacklisted, but upon a quick listening at myspace, I'd say it's because it's too borderline, rooted in modern hardcore/metalcore rather than metal. Also, does the band have a valid discography at all?

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:56 pm 

Why is the band Death Camp from the US black listed? They just put out a 7" and it's way more metal then their demo they had. I can provide photos and music clips as proof.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:58 pm 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
Why is the band Death Camp from the US black listed? They just put out a 7" and it's way more metal then their demo they had. I can provide photos and music clips as proof.

They are blacklisted for being hardcore. If they have something new out, please provide that proof you mentioned.

souvikpunk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:38 pm 

KRAYL has changed it's genre to raw black metal, please remove it from.blacklist please, heres the link of their new songs www.reverbnation.com/krayl
thank.you

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:52 pm 

Pr0nogo wrote:
Ovid's Withering (USA) sounds like symphonic death metal/deathcore to me. I'm not the biggest fan of their sound, but it seemed like they belonged on the encyclopaedia. Maybe they released a less-than-acceptable release earlier in their career?

Ostensibly, here's proof of metalness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8hHJc5XX1I

According to http://www.subliminalgroove.com/2012/12 ... available/, the CD that song comes from is out on the 24th. The reason I'm posting here is because I don't know if they're too djent-y/core-y (I'm on the fence myself).

Based on that song I would say no, not metal enough, borderline at best. If their earlier stuff was unacceptable then this isn't going to get them in. Once more songs from the new album are available for streaming (and it's out) then you can post links here again, if you want. A rule of thumb, however, is that if you're not sure yourself it's better to just leave it. ;)

souvikpunk wrote:
please remove the band KRAYL from the blacklist, its black metal now, heres the link of their songs http://www.reverbnation.com/krayl

No. I'd still consider this closer to noise than black metal, but maybe another mod wants to chip in? In any case, unless that new material is released in some acceptable form, it doesn't matter.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:57 pm 

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
I'm curious as to why the band I submitted (Angel Vivaldi) was rejected. My email notification tells me it's because they were considered "Djent," and don't mean to offend but I find that absolutely ridiculous. I understand that constant shredding over repetitive one-note chugging may be looped into that category, but that's not at all what the rhythm guitar is even doing. Throughout that entire Universal Language EP the rhythm guitars are still doing runs of scales on the low end of the neck and still playing melodies in a sort of post-thrash manner, and even though there are moments of breakdowns/slams or whatever you want to call them, they are in the minority when compared to the rest of the movements on the album. It's practically the equivalent of any generic deathcore band that throws in a few slams in their songs, except that this isn't deathcore (and as to why a form of progressive metal is being rejected from the archives is beyond me).

If I just happened to give a bad example of their sound then I'll be glad to give another one. If you have your minds ultimately made up on this then fine, but all I ask is just that you at least reconsider because I personally find this rejection on the terms of "Djent" to be a tad absurd, no offense.

I would agree with Derigin that this is not predominantly metal but based in non-metallic rhythmic chugging riffs and guitar wankery. Some riffs seem to aim a bit more towards a more varied proggy flavour, but no thrash or "post-thrash" (not happy with that ill-defined term...) that I can hear. Under the site's definition of metal riffs there are little to none to be found.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:07 am 

Azmodes wrote:
FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:

I would agree with Derigin that this is not predominantly metal but based in non-metallic rhythmic chugging riffs and guitar wankery. Some riffs seem to aim a bit more towards a more varied proggy flavour, but no thrash or "post-thrash" (not happy with that ill-defined term...) that I can hear. Under the site's definition of metal riffs there are little to none to be found.

Rather than argue, I think I will instead respectfully disagree because I know that no matter what I say I won't be able to convince you or other mods.

Although one thing I'd suggest is to add to the Rules & Guidelines a clear definition of what the moderators actually consider to be a metal riff. The only thing I see (unless there is another page somewhere that I haven't found) is the statement "First and foremost, for a band to be metal, it must have metal riffs. This point should be fairly straight-forward and obvious......" However the fact that cases like this still come up proves that not everybody grasps the concept. That statement proceeds to explain how genres can lead towards or away from metal, but it doesn't say much about what a "metal riff" is actually composed of (aside from saying "Some bands have mostly chugging, fuzz......"). I understand that it would be very time consuming and it would be a HUGE pain in the ass especially considering how much it can vary from subgenre to subgenre (black metal riffs are understandably different from doom or sludge metal, post-metal riffs are obviously different from death metal), but it could save a lot of future frustration in cases like this for both moderators and contributors because it will give contributors a clear vision of what they are looking for, because it seems like not all of them know what sort of measuring stick you use to define a "metal riff." Now I'm not telling you how to run your site, but I'm just saying it would be a good idea that could pay off later.

In terms of Angel Vivaldi, I'll just keep them saved to my drafts so I can have my own go-to page for a bit of info.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:18 am 

Problem is, that definition was left purposefully ambiguous because it really can be a bit difficult to define in the traditional sense of "defining." It is possible to go into the idiosyncrasies of musical theory and notation, and try to define a "metal riff" that way. And, don't get me wrong, some have and those definitions can end up being beautiful sources of awe-inspiring logic. But the problem with music (and this is music in general, not just metal) is that understanding it is a thing that is often acquired by experience, not by learning it by the book. My best suggestion to you is that, if you want to have a definition of "metal riff" (as could be best understood for the purposes of this site), listen to the what we've accepted. Find the commonalities - the ties that bind - particularly in the way that the artists' play their instruments (notably the guitar). I'm certain you will pick up on it.

souvikpunk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:34 am 

souvikpunk wrote:
please remove the band KRAYL from the blacklist, its black metal now, heres the link of their songs http://www.reverbnation.com/krayl

No. I'd still consider this closer to noise than black metal, but maybe another mod wants to chip in? In any case, unless that new material is released in some acceptable form, it doesn't matter.[/quote]

ok i would ask u to remove it from blacklist after it releases on some physical format ok,thnks but please take a re-listen if possible after it releases,or please ask another mod to listen to it if possible,i think its black metal,it has noise elements i agree :) hailz,thnk you

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:46 am 

Derigin wrote:
Problem is, that definition was left purposefully ambiguous because it really can be a bit difficult to define in the traditional sense of "defining." It is possible to go into the idiosyncrasies of musical theory and notation, and try to define a "metal riff" that way. And, don't get me wrong, some have and those definitions can end up being beautiful sources of awe-inspiring logic. But the problem with music (and this is music in general, not just metal) is that understanding it is a thing that is often acquired by experience, not by learning it by the book. My best suggestion to you is that, if you want to have a definition of "metal riff" (as could be best understood for the purposes of this site), listen to the what we've accepted. Find the commonalities - the ties that bind - particularly in the way that the artists' play their instruments (notably the guitar). I'm certain you will pick up on it.

I can see what you mean, and myself being a musician of 10 years and a multi-instrumentalist of almost 7 I agree completely that you can't just learn about music from a book or by words, but it must be experienced. I'm almost 19 - still pretty young - and even for my age group I still know a lot more about the genre than a lot of older people, and my perspective is much broader than a lot of people, but when you compare to someone in their 30s or 40s that remembers the uprising of Norwegian Black Metal (I was only born in the tail end of it in 1994), I've still got a long way to go, even if I have been listening to it for almost 8 years. My perspective will indeed probably change in 10 years, or maybe even in 5.

This still seems like it could be a bit opinionated though, in which case arguing about genres is inevitable and will still be pointless. For example, I personally find the rejection of Djent (ugh I don't even like saying that word. It's so stupid. I've always called it Math Metal, or just another form of progressive metal) to be a bit strange, along with some Metalcore bands and some Hardcore (considering it's a punk/metal fusion) and Tool too (a few others also but to highlight all of them isn't the purpose of what I'm trying to say), but in some time my perspective may change and who knows maybe I will see it your way. And, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter or not as to whether or not these bands are accepted in the archives; there are other sites on the internet where you can search up random bands and find info about them. I just think the reason why some people argue about it on this and end up getting butthurt is because this one in particular is just really goddamn convenient.

Sorry I think I ranted a bit more than was necessary. I'd still recommend at least a little write-up, but only if the moderators want to deal with less complaints. I'll let them decide.

anomiepsyops
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:07 am 

so my band SASQUATCH AGNOSTIC has been rejected as being not metal enough but it is clearly a death metal influenced grindcore project and does not deviate much further then Napalm Death or Repulsion and both of them are listed just fine. We are virtually identical to Anal Cunt and they are listed as well. So what gives?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:25 am 

anomiepsyops wrote:
We are virtually identical to Anal Cunt and they are listed as well. So what gives?

You might wanna double-check that. :lol:

Quote:
and does not deviate much further then Napalm Death or Repulsion and both of them are listed just fine.

Actually, both bands have several releases that would be considered more punk-influenced grindcore than metal. So yeah, if you happen to be comparing your band to those releases, it's a moot argument.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:09 am 

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
Although one thing I'd suggest is to add to the Rules & Guidelines a clear definition of what the moderators actually consider to be a metal riff.

That's rather impossible to do, or at least, I don't know the right words for it. All I can tell you is the "I know it when I hear it". I realize that may not convince you, but there's not much else I can say.

Quote:
In terms of Angel Vivaldi, I'll just keep them saved to my drafts so I can have my own go-to page for a bit of info.

Hem... Just FYI, a purge script is planned for old, unsubmitted drafts (probably have a 6+ months parameter but still) to avoid cluttering the database.

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
some Hardcore (considering it's a punk/metal fusion)

Nitpick: that would be thrash, not hardcore. Hardcore is just a more "extreme" version of punk.

Thank you for respectfully disagreeing, by the way.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:03 am 

just wondering about the legitimacy of Azoic? i know in the digital rules it says it shouldnt be a mediafire link or similar, but azoic only have that and it is official as mentioned by them in multiple places. it seems one of the ain reasons it cant be a mediafire link is because it can be too easily faked but in this case it is validated in multiple places.

www.facebook.com/azoicofficial
www.soundcloud.com/azoic-official

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:21 am 

Gore__Grinder wrote:
it seems one of the ain reasons it cant be a mediafire link is because it can be too easily faked but in this case it is validated in multiple places.

Erh, no... that isn't the case at all. The reason we don't allow Mediafire links (or links hosted by any file-sharing service) is that once the file is deleted, the album is effectively wiped. This can happen if the band purposefully takes it down for whatever reason, or if the band's account is suspended because they've also been sharing illegal content or whatever.

The rules state it must be available to download from a "permanent" music vendor. Such examples include iTunes and Bandcamp, which're probably the two most common cases.

Smurphy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:21 am 

Bent Sea have been blacklisted, why?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 am 

Smurphy wrote:
Bent Sea have been blacklisted, why?

Oh, that... yeah, erh, that's probably a vestige from when they were still a digital-only band (and obviously long before the new rules took place). Somebody's already submitted them though (since the band was previously blacklisted as being from Belgium, they submitted them as International... which, mind you, they should've, since it was a global collaboration after all).

clintdarkness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:41 am 

My band submission was rejected due to not having a "valid" release. The band is Mourning Wolf and the release is the Elmhaven Demo which is on bandcamp for name your own price. With your new rules of digital online distribution I feel the requirement was met. It is a 2 song, 18 minute demo that was recorded in a REAL studio and not just some bedroom or basement. The entire album is completely organic. I am officially disputing your claim.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:45 am 

Sorry, that's still too short to get a band accepted based on a digital demo hosted on Bandcamp alone.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:06 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
Although one thing I'd suggest is to add to the Rules & Guidelines a clear definition of what the moderators actually consider to be a metal riff.

That's rather impossible to do, or at least, I don't know the right words for it. All I can tell you is the "I know it when I hear it". I realize that may not convince you, but there's not much else I can say.

Quote:

Hem... Just FYI, a purge script is planned for old, unsubmitted drafts (probably have a 6+ months parameter but still) to avoid cluttering the database.

FLIPPITYFLOOP wrote:
some Hardcore (considering it's a punk/metal fusion)

Nitpick: that would be thrash, not hardcore. Hardcore is just a more "extreme" version of punk.

Thank you for respectfully disagreeing, by the way.

-Impossible, no, but a challenge and a royal pain in the ass yes. It's ultimately up to you guys though.

-I see.... oh well I could still refer to the sites I used as references for my draft

-I understand. At least I was sort of in the right ballpark

-And you are quite welcome.

clintdarkness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:17 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Sorry, that's still too short to get a band accepted based on a digital demo hosted on Bandcamp alone.

I guess I am unsure as to what this actually means? Too short??

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:23 pm 

clintdarkness wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

I guess I am unsure as to what this actually means? Too short??

From the rules:
Quote:
Length of material: The album must be a full-length. There is no hard-defined cut-off, as that would be arbitrary: a good guideline, however, would be roughly 30 minutes of original material. This is to avoid the kind of bands that have a lazy "promo single", or a "3 song EP", of which 2 are covers, for instance. Expect moderator discretion for evaluating this. An EP may be accepted depending on the situation. Two EPs are better than one, for sure.

LMTCSupport
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:45 pm 

Hi, I noticed Parkway Drive and I Killed The Prom Queen are blacklisted here for being "hardcore with metallic overtones". But, as I this decisions are not definitive, since Soulfly and Devildriver got accepted here for publishing metal albums. If some mod has listened to Atlas there's no particular difference between works of bands like All That Remains, yet-named-Devildriver, Stigma and other bands who are here.
I Killed The Prom Queen are not so distant from bands like Slowmotion Apocalypse and As I Lay Dying in sounds - just listen to some of their songs like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JtOSM62E04 or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZvVvSFCZ-Y and then compare it to these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLXbca-3e64 who instead of IKTPQ are in the archives.
Keep in mind: I'm NOT saying mods MUST ACCEPT them, but asking if there's some chance for them to being here and why they are rejected in favour of other similar bands. I totally understand Atreyu, Hatebreed, Oceano, Bullet for My Valentine, but I sincerely don't see a clear reason why the other two bands named after are X rejected.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 541  Next