Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metal Murph
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:24 pm 

Obviously I realized that Between the Buried and me has been blacklisted, and I am probably going to assume that it is because they have some "core" aspects. Yes that is true for their early albums, but they have been drifting away with those aspects with their last 3 albums, especially their latest one "The Parallax II: Future Sequence. In my personal opinion, at least for their more recent releases, I see them as progressive/death metal with some core elements, but not much, and progressive rock/metal "progresses" and incorporates a variety of sounds, such as soft rock, (which is something dream theater and opeth do and yet they are in the metal-archives), sometimes jazz fusion, emphasis on keyboards, and very complex song structures, and when you add death metal into it, you get bands like Opeth, Gojira, Between the Buried and Me just to name a few, and Between the Buried and Me make some of the most (if not the most) complex music in the world, and that's something that doesn't describe metalcore/deathcore. I am going to provide the song Telos from their new album and all of The Great Misdirect, and if you still think it doesn't make the cut or already heard it and deemed it not metal, I would at least like a fair explanation as to why, because as far as I am concerned, if Underoath can be in this thing (which shocks me), I think Between the Buried and Me should definitely qualify.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_TafYAcd8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu7V2MguKi4

ClaymanOnFire
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:44 pm 

Everything regarding blacklisted/rejected bands go in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64985&start=7080

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.