Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Rasc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:30 pm 

I have an experimental solo project with releases through medium-sized labels (one of these that make pro tape, pro CD-R and sometimes CD and vinyl releases and have countless releases but cannot be considered big). The project has some knowledge in the Brazilian underground scene, but not much more than that.

Well, it happened that I contacted a huge grindcore band, a very important one, that I'm pretty sure most of you know. The split is ready, but we'd like to release it on pressed CD, not simple duplicated CDs, professional ones. Since it's a very famous grindcore band and an experimental project that's not debuting, I don't think it's necessary for me to spend a fortune and leave it unlabeled while I have some material acceptable for a CD label.

I don't intend to get money, just not to spend a lot. How should I search for labels? Are there any labels recommendable to me?

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:25 pm 

First contact the labels who have release your stuff before, chances are if they are already supportive they may be able to release it, or forward it to label who may be suited to do so.

If that does not work, ask the band you are split with if they know any labels who may be interested in releasing this CD.

Chances are if your band has a name that has released through labels, especially medium sized ones that have released pro CD and CD-r, tape, and vinyl releases then you probably have some fanbase. And if the grindcore band you're splitting with is actually huge (i'm assuming based on this nature you're splitting with a name around the popularity Agathocles, Unholy Grave, Malignant Tumour, or even slightly lesser known bands with lots of output like Archagathus, Selfmadegod, Gorgonized Dorks, Seven Minutes of Nasua, Necrocannibalist Vomitorium, Sete Star Sept?) there should be somebody out there willing to release it.

Rasc
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:43 pm 

It's of the nature of these first you said. Is it worthy to contact the labels of the splitting band?

Reply to topic