Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dr_Keloid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:22 am 

Metantoine wrote:
I'm sure she will be more than be pleased to read these comments, gentlemen. If you have nothing to say, just don't post, ok?

*shuts up*

(Pr0nogo, that wasn't on at all.)

Sedomza
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:54 am 

Rob1 wrote:
Morrigan being a gentleman should need some extensive surgery I guess! ;)

Should I ask where is the gentlebitch?

Morrigan, fuck off yourself.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:51 pm 

You were already banned for blacklist evasion, and now you pull this. What exactly did you expect? Moron.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Sedomza
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:37 pm 

For what reason now is Leben banned and on the blacklist?

Here is the distribution of the tape and I added also proof photos of the tape. Why you won't accept that the tape is released?
http://www.bleichmondtonschmiede.de/ind ... 3&Itemid=4

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:08 pm 

Someone's... dense? To reiterate:

1) You got banned for blacklist evasion, so we are entitled to reject anything you submit, even if it were Iron Maiden itself. Just sayin'.
2) Even if 1) were not true, your initial submission was garbage. Your photos looked too easy to fake and were not convincing.
3) To remedy to that, what did you do to show you were in good faith? Take better pictures? No, you send a lying report claiming that someone else had bought the tape, as part of your "evidence", when this "someone else" was, in fact, you. Registering another account and pretending to be someone else is called sock-puppetry, and it's not just a bannable offense, it's an insta-ban.
4) You then kept on registering more accounts and retried to sneak the band in the queue. Now you're including better evidence, which you should have done in the first place, but because of 1) and 3), you are shown to be a liar and untrustworthy, so even if the tape IS legit (and it might very well be), we can't trust you with the time of day.
5) A tape limited to only 21 copies is a dodgy release anyway, I'm not sure I'd accept it if it's the band's only release.

It's quite amazing that you engage in blacklist evasion AND sock puppetry, and yet still wonder what you did wrong. "Thick as a castle wall".

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm 

Haha, oops. I deleted my post since yours was more detailed :D

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:10 pm 

Haha, yours was more succinct to be honest. Damn, I'm turning into Derigin. :D

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Sedomza
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:18 pm 

And now, you still think I fight on my fourth account just to add a fucking fake band?! Nope. The link attached should open your eyes. If you ban me; ok. But if you put Leben on the blacklist; not ok. If you believe or not, the tape is released.

I do not get it. Of course I am on my fourth account if I get banned within 15 minutes after registration and doing NOTHING. And I have the right for it on my side, dear Moderators. I have added all informations & links needed to add a band.

Leben released "In die Ferne, in die Stille" on the 21th of December 2012. There are 21 regular and 3 promo tapes around. Deal with it.

AND:
There are alot of bands on MA with releases under the 20 limitations. So, in the rules it means: physical release + metalness. Both of that is here available.

If you don't got it: it will be released later on 300 vinyls.

Sedomza
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:26 pm 

Fucking kiddies in this archive. Absolutely childish circumstances.

Fuck off you ignorant fucks.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:28 pm 

Quote:
if I get banned within 15 minutes after registration and doing NOTHING

Uh yeah, we insta-ban ban evaders... duh.

Quote:
If you don't got it: it will be released later on 300 vinyls.
Then someone else might resubmit it later. It won't be you. Go away now.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:43 am 

ViolentWind wrote:
hi....
why were my bands rejected, when i have submitted the photocopies of their CDs and tapes as well as sound samples taken from you-tube and myspace................please tell me what else to include in the submission notes.... :( :scratch: :brick: :brick: :annoyed: :annoyed:

One of the ones I rejected had what appeared to be a digital mock-up of what the CD and case would look like. That wasn't a real photograph, but something digitally made.

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:28 pm 

Ovid's Withering (USA) sounds like symphonic death metal/deathcore to me. I'm not the biggest fan of their sound, but it seemed like they belonged on the encyclopaedia. Maybe they released a less-than-acceptable release earlier in their career?

Ostensibly, here's proof of metalness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8hHJc5XX1I

According to http://www.subliminalgroove.com/2012/12 ... available/, the CD that song comes from is out on the 24th. The reason I'm posting here is because I don't know if they're too djent-y/core-y (I'm on the fence myself).

souvikpunk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:28 pm 

please remove the band KRAYL from the blacklist, its black metal now, heres the link of their songs www.reverbnation.com/krayl

Asche
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:10 pm 

Good evening.

I tried to submit the band "Leben" from Germany. I saw there was some problems. But as I read the rules they say that a band needs

1. A physical release
2. Metalness

To be accepted in the Archives. Well, this band has both of it I would mean. Not a high amount of copies were made but it is physical + official though and it is distributed by the german label Bleichmond Tonschmiede. I saw another bands on the Archives like Kall Ensamhet of which band the first demo first were released on 22 cdrs and two months later on 25 tapes but it were accepted a few days after the demo was released firstly.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ka ... row/343362

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:14 pm 

We're not accepting "Leben." Give up and move on.

Asche
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:16 pm 

Derigin wrote:
We're not accepting "Leben." Give up and move on.

Why?

I mean it is Metal and has a physical release..

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:19 pm 

Goodbye Sedomza.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:16 pm 

This guy is so unfathomably stupid, he doesn't even realize that we aren't stupid and won't know he's the same guy. It's so unbelievable that it's almost awesome.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 am 

What is the reason Bathtub Shitter, Japanese Grindcore bands is blacklisted?
Has anybody listened to them? I have two of their releases "Early Yeah(S)" and "Skate Of Bulgaria" 5" bin. They are heavy, fast Grindcore with a few Death Metal slow parts, that is on the metal side of grind not the punk side of grind.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:24 am 

RazorDick wrote:
They are heavy, fast Grindcore with a few Death Metal slow parts, that is on the metal side of grind not the punk side of grind.

Sorry dude, seems like some mods disagree. :p

Morrigan wrote:
This guy is so unfathomably stupid, he doesn't even realize that we aren't stupid and won't know he's the same guy. It's so unbelievable that it's almost awesome.

Image!!

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 am 

Alright then, I just thought that Bathtub Shitter deserves a second listen.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:16 am 

http://www.metal-observer.com/articles. ... =1&id=9793

Here is a review for Bathtub Shitter "Dance Hall Grind" where they are called Death Metal and recommended to Cannibal Corpse fans.
And here is some more reviews

http://www.riproaringshitstormrecords.b ... hall-grind

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:29 am 

Heh, man, when you have the mod who loves (seriously loves) grindcore tell you it's not the acceptable type of grindcore, he's probably right. Having listened, I agree with him there.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:30 am 

Guilty as charged. :D

And yeah, sorry dude, but just because a band is likened to death metal by a reviewer or label, doesn't always mean it's an accurate assessment...

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:32 am 

Ok. Sorry for the hassle. Thank you for your time.

elfstone321
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 am 

hi,

Everlasting Sorrow from syria can be unblacklisted now since the new rule about digital?? here is a link
http://everlastingsorrowofficial.bandca ... s-we-dwell

hope this help you

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:55 am 

Trying to add Disfiguring the Goddess in light of the new digital rule. I know Sleeper was ruled as not metal enough, but I specifically remember a mod saying that the previous album Circle of Nine was metal enough, and that DtG could be added if it was released physically. Can we get the band off the blacklist? This site is missing out on one of the best and most creative slam bands out there!
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:15 am 

TheExodusAttack wrote:
Trying to add Disfiguring the Goddess in light of the new digital rule. I know Sleeper was ruled as not metal enough, but I specifically remember a mod saying that the previous album Circle of Nine was metal enough, and that DtG could be added if it was released physically. Can we get the band off the blacklist? This site is missing out on one of the best and most creative slam bands out there!

Yeah, erm... about that. It seems like a few other mods disagreed with my assessment of the album (which, looking back in hindsight, I can see actually IS more deathcore than death metal... <_<). So it was an inaccurate assessment on my behalf, I apologise.

The most metallic of the band's discography lies in their earlier demos, all of which are scattered across maddeningly ambiguous "demos", and were later compiled into one shoddy compilation. So yeah, that still does't qualify as a full-length, dude; the rule is that demos are out, even if there's a bunch of them. This is one of those things.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:29 am 

elfstone321 wrote:
hi,

Everlasting Sorrow from syria can be unblacklisted now since the new rule about digital?? here is a link
http://everlastingsorrowofficial.bandca ... s-we-dwell

hope this help you

A 4 song demo/EP is not acceptable, sorry.

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:29 am 

Alhadis wrote:
TheExodusAttack wrote:

Yeah, erm... about that. It seems like a few other mods disagreed with my assessment of the album (which, looking back in hindsight, I can see actually IS more deathcore than death metal... <_<). So it was an inaccurate assessment on my behalf, I apologise.

The most metallic of the band's discography lies in their earlier demos, all of which are scattered across maddeningly ambiguous "demos", and were later compiled into one shoddy compilation. So yeah, that still does't qualify as a full-length, dude; the rule is that demos are out, even if there's a bunch of them. This is one of those things.

ugh seriously? Yes the band has deathcore influence but I'd wager they have a lot more to do with death metal than hardcore... Disfiguring the Goddess is not a hardcore band in the slightest. Most of the midpaced/chugging they do has a lot more to do with Devourment than Hatebreed.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:32 am 

TheExodusAttack wrote:
ugh seriously? Yes the band has deathcore influence but I'd wager they have a lot more to do with death metal than hardcore... Disfiguring the Goddess is not a hardcore band in the slightest. The midpaced/chugging they do has a lot more to do with Devourment than Hatebreed.

You're comparing it from the wrong angle. A band like Suicide Silence is chug-laden riffless deathcore, and Disfiguring the Goddess, despite their metallic elements, bear too many similarities with deathcore for the site to deem them acceptable.

If it's any consolation, I personally beg to differ, but the decision's been made by the other mods. So, sorry.

Milk_Man22
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:59 am 

Hi,

I tried adding my band "I Now Walk Into The Wild" and was rejected the first time around because I didn't have proof of a release. So I created a photobucket account to upload photos. Moderator 'Porman' rejected it saying quite sarcastically and cynically quote "Now what exactly are blurry pictures supposed to prove??". Admittedly the pictures weren't of the highest quality but I got around to posting two new high quality pictures displaying the album work, the CD case, the CD itself and the booklet.

http://s1358.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... e/library/

I fail to see why the pictures I recently uploaded were not to the moderator's liking, based on the rules I read it covers everything it needed to show proof of a release. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I understand and adhere to being polite whenever posting on the site, but Porman's sarcastic remark left a bitter taste in my mouth, just thought I should let you guys know.

Milk_Man22

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:37 am 

Well, he was right the first time (and he did remove the sarcastic quip the second time, and it was fairly mild, no need to get offended, please understand working the band queue tends to fray on our patience ^^), but the problem is that you resubmitted without doing any changes. You might have added new pics on your Photobucket link, but mods have no way of knowing that from the modification history, so he might not have seen it. A better way to do things is to add the links to the better photos in the Submission notes, that way we can see your new evidence right away.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:52 am 

Milk_Man22 wrote:
Hi,

Moderator 'Porman' rejected it saying quite sarcastically and cynically quote "Now what exactly are blurry pictures supposed to prove??". Admittedly the pictures weren't of the highest quality but I got around to posting two new high quality pictures displaying the album work, the CD case, the CD itself and the booklet.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was merely asking you a question. What would you make of that picture if you were in my place? Do you honestly feel it's a good picture? Can you say it shows what it is?

Pessipath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:23 am 

I recently submitted the band "Infant Annihilator" and it was rejected for not having a physical release. As of now they do, physical cd's as well as digital albums distributed by Total Deathcore. The Palpable Leprosy of Pollution is the new CD. I attempted to resubmit only to discover that the band was blacklisted. Why?

souvikpunk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:09 am 

please remove the band KRAYL from blacklist,its black metal now ,heres the link of the songs
www.reverbnation.com/krayl
thank you \m/

Milk_Man22
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:12 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Well, he was right the first time (and he did remove the sarcastic quip the second time, and it was fairly mild, no need to get offended, please understand working the band queue tends to fray on our patience ^^), but the problem is that you resubmitted without doing any changes. You might have added new pics on your Photobucket link, but mods have no way of knowing that from the modification history, so he might not have seen it. A better way to do things is to add the links to the better photos in the Submission notes, that way we can see your new evidence right away.

Resubmitted it with updated link to photobucket album and updated submission notes. Let's hope the fourth time's the charm :P

inpitch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:35 am 

Please, remove my band named Inpitch from black list, its a serious bands, dont have phisical releases for financial reasons to definitely make the copies, but soon this will be resolved, I'm doing a split with another black metal band, and soon leave copies of splits, meanwhile, have the songs from youtube, etc ... and revebnation .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm96xErlSME

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 pm 

When you have a valid release, then we will remove it.

inpitch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:32 pm 

Thank you, I Will inform here, when I make a valid release!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 541  Next