* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:40 am 

First Announcement:

Quote:

You’ve been waiting for the first announcement for a long time and today, we’re finally revealing the first bands that will play at the hellfest 2013! …this is rather a foretaste that should satisfy the most of you for a few weeks. We still know some fellas are hudge music gluttons and this first list won’t satisfy their hunger… .But, don’t be afraid, you won’t wait for too long this time. We‘ll complete this announcement with new bands (and not minor ones!) before the Xmas period! On December 19th, you should receive a new flood of bands which should allow you to end this year with a great smile!

KISS (exclusive French date and first headliner announced!)
TWISTED SISTER
ACCEPT
KORN
STONESOUR
VOLBEAT
DOWN
AVANTASIA
SICK OF IT ALL
BAD RELIGION
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE

THE ACACIA STRAIN
ANTI FLAG
ARCH ENEMY
ATARI TEENAGE RIOT
AURA NOIR
BLACK SPIDERS
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME
CANDLEMASS
CARPATHIAN FOREST
COAL CHAMBER
CONVERGE
CRADLE OF FILTH
CRYPTOPSY
DANKO JONES
FOR TODAY
GOD SEED
HAEMORRHAGE
HARDCORE SUPERSTAR
HEAVEN'S BASEMENT
IHSAHN
KARMA TO BURN
KRISIUN
LEPROUS
MARDUK
MASS HYSTERIA
MY SLEEPING KARMA
NACHTMYSTIUM
NEGATIVE APPROACH
PARKWAY DRIVE
PUNISH YOURSELF
ROTTING CHRIST
RED FANG
SENSER
SKINDRED
SPIRITUAL BEGGARS
TERROR
TESTAMENT
THE SWORD
TRUCKFIGHTERS

But pay attention to this: today’s special offer will be the last one, and when it will be over, the only thing left will be the 3 day ticket full price! Of course, this is before offering you the possibility to buy a daily ticket when the last bands, as well as the full running order, will be revealed, probably in February.
You can trust us guys, you know this program is being prepared by fans for other fans, as every year! You can still count on a selection of more than 160 bands representing the best of all current and extreme scenes, but also some great legendary federative headliners.
So take care guys, see ya in 3 weeks for a great new toxic announcement!
http://www.digitick.com/hellfest-2013-p ... 09655.html

Last edited by BasqueStorm on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:44 am 

korn are not dead yet?

there are some decent bands there though

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:57 am 

Worst lineup they've had so far. Every year so far I've been DESPERATE to go, and now I'm in the position where I might be able to afford it, this looks pretty shit.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:03 am 

SatanicPotato wrote:
korn are not dead yet?
there are some decent bands there though

They DEFINITELY should! LOL!

Twin_guitar_attack wrote:
Worst lineup they've had so far. Every year so far I've been DESPERATE to go, and now I'm in the position where I might be able to afford it, this looks pretty shit.

I agree but... let's wait for more bands!

MegaMal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:35 am 

You can't really comment on the line up being shit when there's still about 100 bands to be announced :roll:

Violent_Possessor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:24 am 

And I thought MDF was bad this year...

Negative Approach is playing though... Very weird.

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:48 am 

I agree but... let's wait for more bands![/quote]

True, there are more to come, but this is still weak for a first announcement. No bands screaming at me that I have to see them, whereas last year was incredible, then again I didn't follow the announcements. But Sunn O))), alcest, anaal nathrakh, nasum, within temptation, girlschool, obituary, megadeth etc, all better than pretty much all the bands announced so far this year, at least IMO.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:27 pm 

HAHA! That's fucking awful, especially compared to previous years. Who was in charge of booking headliners :lol:

Oh well, I'm stoked on hitting up Brutal Assault next year. Carpathian Forest is basically the only band there that I'd completely lose my shit for, and they're already confirmed for BA as well.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:22 pm 

Moved to the right forum. And yeah, shit headliners.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:02 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Moved to the right forum. And yeah, shit headliners.

Thanks, Metantoine.
I didn't know about this subforum.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 am 

Quote:
But pay attention to this: today’s special offer will be the last one, and when it will be over, the only thing left will be the 3 day ticket full price! Of course, this is before offering you the possibility to buy a daily ticket when the last bands, as well as the full running order, will be revealed, probably in February.
You can trust us guys, you know this program is being prepared by fans for other fans, as every year! You can still count on a selection of more than 160 bands representing the best of all current and extreme scenes, but also some great legendary federative headliners.
So take care guys, see ya in 3 weeks for a great new toxic announcement!
http://www.digitick.com/hellfest-2013-p ... 09655.html

Fuck! That was FAST!

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:15 pm 

MegaMal wrote:
You can't really comment on the line up being shit when there's still about 100 bands to be announced :roll:

When you know Kiss are headlining one night, and that almost all semi-headliners are shit, there's not much hope to see the good bands for more than 40 minutes. Seriously, the lineup really sucks. There's not a single band in there that I REALLY want to see. There's quite a few bands everyone already saw (and they aren't particularly exciting maybe except Accept) and most of the good ones are in that category. Candlemass and Aura Noir are probably the only bands I'd REALLY want to see.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:21 pm 

What the hell kind of jumbled ass line up is that? Where do they come off putting the likes of Coal Chamber and Korn with even the washed up like Arch Enemy or guys like Accept and Candlemass?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:13 am 

Kiss
Korn
Stone Sour
Bullet for my Valentine
Atari Teenage Riot
Coal Chamber
Danko Jones
For Today
Hardcore Superstar
Parkway Drive
Skindred

... and ROTTING CHRIST.

Who the fuck is in charged of booking?
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:03 am 

Hey dude, be open minded!! (that's what the frenchies keep on saying on the forum...)

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 am 

The French Open Minded Brigade, eh? Let's see how shitty the Heavy Mtl 2013 will be! At least Hellfest has decent non headliners bands.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:09 am 

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
Hey dude, be open minded!! (that's what the frenchies keep on saying on the forum...)

Tell that to the Nachtmystium and Rotting Christ fans if they make fun of the Korn fans. I think that the diversification is a bit too broad for some people's liking.

skwid79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:52 pm 

Some of these bands are good, some flat out suck. Id say Bad Religion is the best one in there.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:02 pm 

oogboog wrote:
Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:

Tell that to the Nachtmystium and Rotting Christ fans if they make fun of the Korn fans. I think that the diversification is a bit too broad for some people's liking.

:)

Leaving all purist and elitist sentiments aside, I think it's great for the KISS fan (hypothetical example of the not-so-informed heavymetal/rock fan) to explore the underground and extreme bands on the line-up. It'll also be great for bands like RC and Nachtmystium to expand their fan base.

...but of course, not so great for extreme music fans, coz apart from a handful of bands, the rest of the line up is pretty shit.

Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:10 pm 

The thing with Kiss, is they have no place in an extreme metal fest. A big portion of their fans couldn't be bothered by the other bands, and you really don't need to attend a festival to see them. It's a waste of a good headliner. It's just for the fun of having Kiss in your festival.

Vikare
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:55 am 

This is the first announcement. Last year, the line-up wasn't looking to appealing for the extreme/underground metal tyrants until after the holidays when bands like Pentagram and Necros Christos began appearing.

Correct me if I'm misinformed, but I'm almost positive that the second announcement upped the ante last time around. And the festival itself was AWESOME.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:34 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:

I agree but... let's wait for more bands!

Second Announcement:

http://www.hellfest.fr/

Quote:

As promised, here is the second announcement of 34 more bands, in addition to the first 50 names :
ZZ TOP

HELLOWEEN - SAXON - KREATOR - IMMORTAL - AT THE GATES - NEUROSIS

3 DOORS DOWN - ABSU - AMORPHIS - ASPHYX - CAPTAIN CLEANOFF - CEREMONIAL OATH - CLUTCH - DARK FUNERAL - DEAD CONGREGATION - EAGLE TWIN - EQUILIBRIUM - EVOKEN - HOODED MENACE - GHOST - INQUISITION - KAMPFAR - KORPIKLAANI - MUSTASCH - MY DYING BRIDE - PAPA ROACH - PRIMORDIAL - SSS - SINISTER - THE GHOST INSIDE - TYR - UNCLE ACID AND THE DEADBEATS - WINTERSUN - WITCHCRAFT
so that’s 84 bands (with previous announcement), but don’t forget, 75 news ones will be announced very soon, including some new headliners !!

Like every year... it's getting better!
Another great year of the great fest!
Enjoy Christmas and happy new year to all!

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:06 am 

Wow. Definitely an improvement from the already announced list of bands.

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:11 pm 

Good announcement. Will hold off on the bloodstock/Hellfest decision for a while yet then.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:02 pm 

3 Doors Down :-P :-P But yeah, plenty of good stuff and still plenty of bands left to be announced!

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:19 pm 

Weird fest but some sick bands. Inquisition and Captain Cleanoff and Dead Congregation. Hellyeah (not the band though)

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:47 am 

Metantoine wrote:
3 Doors Down :-P :-P

Haha. They sure stick out like a sore thumb!

katatonia47
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:36 pm 

They really shouldn't have 3 Doors Down written directly at the start of the announcement, I almost had a fucking heart attack.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:56 pm 

If there was ever a festival lineup that perfectly displays cognitive dissonance on the part of the bookers, this is it.

katatonia47 wrote:
They really shouldn't have 3 Doors Down written directly at the start of the announcement, I almost had a fucking heart attack.

Yeah, my eyes widened significantly when I saw their name. I seriously thought they were broken up by now. I'd say they've got no business on this festival, but then again that can be said for about half the band on the lineup.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

sabbathfan4993
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:58 pm 

Welp, with one announcement this turned from being something I was laughing at to something I would kill to go to. At The Gates, Kreator, Immortal, Asphyx, Equilibrium, Sinister, and Evoken in one festival would be amazing.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:10 am 

Seriously, how many of the people commenting here have actually gone to Hellfest?! The extreme metal bands mixed with pretty much everything across the board is and has always been an integral part of the festival's identity. Hellfest has a stage for death/grind, one for black/pagan/viking, one for doom/stoner/sludge, one for hc/punk/drone and two main stages for the bigger and more commercial bands, although thrash/heavy bands also play there. So I ask, what's the surprise with having some non-metallic mainstream artists billed? It's actually a regular thing there.

The second announcement definitely improved the bill and it will become better when the final announcements are made, it's always like that and you always end up with almost too many good shows to see because the schedules are normally flawless. So it's bound to be again a great line-up in the end.

On a personal notice though I'm not very excited because I've seen most of the billed bands and the remaining ones that I haven't seen yet can be counted with one hand. So unless they put out some more names I haven't seen before I'll probably pass.

Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:04 pm 

I've been to Hellfest in 2008, and while they were always eccelctic, maybe not as much as this. I saw Venom, Morbid Angel, Motorhead, Carcass, Slayer, Calavera Conspiracy (ie. Sepultura) headline. Those are the types of headliners a metal festival should have. Not Kiss, Twisted Sister, Guns and Roses like they are doing lately, bands which anyone can easily see outside a festival if they want to. The other high billed bands were much better though, still there's a couple of good ones this year. The thing with Hellfest is that they manage to bring some good big metal bands, the less big ones, cult bands metal or not, from various horizons. But what's the deal with Stonesour, Bullet for my Valentine? The shitty bands were really kept to a minimum before. Now it seems most of the worthwhile bands will be playing in the tents.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 am 

That's probably part of the new logistics there. Now that they have six stages they've done a complete reorganizing of where bands from each genre play. I think that Hellfest was never a "metal festival" per se, more like a festival dedicated to extreme music with some commercial acts. Hardcore bands for instance have always been on big numbers there.

I've attended the festival for the past three years and while some of the more extreme bands would play on the main stages this last edition moved all of them to the tents. Well, all apart from the thrash bands which still play on the main stages. It's probably a way of making their vision of a festival for everyone more functional and have the main stages used primarily for the bigger names, metal or not. I actually have no problem with them doing it because I still usually have more shows to attend than the body can handle. What's wrong if they're all in the tents then? At least that implies walking less between stages. :)

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:28 pm 

androdion wrote:
The second announcement definitely improved the bill and it will become better when the final announcements are made, it's always like that and you always end up with almost too many good shows to see because the schedules are normally flawless. So it's bound to be again a great line-up in the end.

I think we'll start getting our tickets.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:16 pm 

Final Announcement!

http://www.hellfest.fr/687-hellfest-201 ... nce-finale

Quote:
You thought the main part of the #HELLFEST threat had been revealed, well you were wrong because we are proud to announce the confirmation of the legendary DEF LEPPARD on Clisson’s lands. A big come back in France after 17 years of absence.

And why should we stop to a simple wave when we can offer a true cataclysm of decibels.
Indeed, here come the names of all the news bands EUROPE, MORBID ANGEL, NOFX, BELPHEGOR, HELL MILITIA, HIGH ON FIRE, LORDI, MASTERS OF REALITY, P.O.D, PRONG, TREPONEM PAL and VEKTOR. Here comes the 156 bands* confirmed for this #HELLFEST 2013. Once again, a new edition that will make the experts happy, curious, passionate or neophyte. Thanx again for your trust, and we’ll meet you again in a few week for more surprises! (*on 159).

3 DOORS DOWN, 7 WEEKS, ABSU, ACCEPT, A DAY TO REMEMBER, AGNOSTIC FRONT, AMORPHIS, ANTI FLAG, ARCH ENEMY, ASKING ALEXANDRIA, ASPHYX, AT THE GATES, ATARI TEENAGE RIOT, ATTENTAT ROCK, AUDREY HORNE, AURA NOIR, AVANTASIA, BAD RELIGION, BANE, BELPHEGOR, BERRI TXARRAK, BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME, BLACK BREATH, BLACK COBRA, BLACK PYRAMID, BLACK SPIDERS, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, BURY YOUR DEAD, BUZZCOCKS, CANDLEMASS, CAPTAIN CLEANOFF, CARPATHIAN FOREST, CEREMONIAL OATH, CLUTCH, COAL CHAMBER, COCKNEY REJECTS, CONVERGE, CRADLE OF FILTH, CRYPTOPSY, CULT OF LUNA, DANKO JONES, DANZIG, DARK FUNERAL, DEAD CONGRAGATION, DEEZ NUTS, DEF LEPPARD, DOWN, DR LIVING DEAD, EAGLE TWIN, EQUILIBRIUM, ERYN NON DAE, EUROPE, EVOKEN, FINNTROLL, GALLOWS, GHOST, GOD SEED, GRAVEYARD, HAEMORRHAGE, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, HEATHEN, HEAVEN'S BASEMENT, HELL MILITIA, HELLOWEEN, HELLYEAH, HIGH OF FIRE, HOODED MENACE, HYPOCRISY, IHSAHN, IMMORTAL, INQUISITION, JUSTINE ,KAMPFAR, KARMA TO BURN, KISS, KISSIN DYNAMITE, KOLDBRANN, KORN, KORPIKLAANI, KREATOR, KRISIUN, KROKUS, LE BAL DES ENRAGES, LEPROUS, LORDI, MANILLA ROAD, MARDUK, MASS HYSTERIA, MASTERS OF REALITY, MISANTHROPE, MISERY INDEX, MONSTROSITY, MOONSPELL ,MORBID ANGEL, MUSTASCH, MY DYING BRIDE, MY SLEEPING KARMA, NACHTMYSTIUM, NEGATIVE APPROACH, NEUROSIS, NOFX, PAPA ROACH, PALLBEARER, PARKWAY DRIVE, PIG DESTROYER, P.O.D, PRIMORDIAL, PROCESSION, PRONG, PUNISH YOURSELF, RED FANG, RETOX, RIVERSIDE, ROTTING CHRIST, SAXON, SENSER, SETH, SICK OF IT ALL, SINISTER, SIX FEET UNDER, SKINDRED, SLEEP, SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, SSS (SHORT SHARP SHOCK), STLLE VOLK, STONE SOUR, SURTR, SWANS, SYMPHONY X, T.A.N.K, TERROR, TESTAMENT, THE ACACIA STRAIN, THE ARRS, THE CASUALTIES, THE DECLINE, THE GHOST INSIDE, THE GREAT OLD ONES, THE OLD DEAD TREE, THE SECRET, THE SWORD, THE TOYDOLLS, TREPONEM PAL, TRUCKFIGHTERS, TWISTED SISTER, TYR, UNCLE ACID AND THE DEADBEATS, VEKTOR, VERA CRUZ, VOIVOD, VOLBEAT, WALTARI, WHITESNAKE, WINTERSUN, WITCHCRAFT, ZZ TOP, + 3 BANDS

http://www.hellfest.fr/artistes

Reply to topic