Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Umiko96
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 2
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:30 pm 
 

Okay,got it. Thanks a lot, Morrigan!

Top
 Profile  
UnblackDeath77
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 12
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:39 am 
 

Why was Zao rejected by the Metal Archives? Yes, they DID start out as a hardcore punk band, BUT they are also helped craft the metalcore genre. I feel that if As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, and All That Remains are apart of the archives, then Zao should be too. I'll post a couple links to their songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjcTMtiHZio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzVPpFd4zGA

So what do you guys think?

Top
 Profile  
Opus
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:06 am
Posts: 1830
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:50 am 
 

What's wrong with being a hardcore band?
_________________
Do the words Heavy Metal mean anything to you other than buttcore, technical progressive assgrind or the like?
Dudemanguy wrote:
Opus is pretty much the latest and greatest

Top
 Profile  
kluseba
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:36 am
Posts: 123
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:08 am 
 

Why is the band Molllust blacklisted? I think a track like "Alptraum" is "metal" enough:

http://www.molllust.de/musik/

I've got the same question for Caladan Brood. You can listen to their stuff on here. Yes, it's more epic than metal but there are still enough black metal passages in my opinion.

http://www.facebook.com/caladanbroodofficial

Top
 Profile  
Opus
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:06 am
Posts: 1830
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:06 am 
 

kluseba wrote:
I think a track like "Alptraum" is "metal" enough

What about the other tracks? One "metal" track does not make a metal band.
How do you define "metal"? Anything with distorted guitars? It sounds like rock music to me.
_________________
Do the words Heavy Metal mean anything to you other than buttcore, technical progressive assgrind or the like?
Dudemanguy wrote:
Opus is pretty much the latest and greatest

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 867
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:07 am 
 

Opus wrote:
kluseba wrote:
I think a track like "Alptraum" is "metal" enough

What about the other tracks? One "metal" track does not make a metal band.
How do you define "metal"? Anything with distorted guitars? It sounds like rock music to me.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76277
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
kluseba
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:36 am
Posts: 123
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:47 pm 
 

I just listened to this Symphonic Metal song taken from a metal music compilation by an Extreme Metal magazine ("Legacy"), wanted to get some information about it on the MA and was surprised to see the band blacklisted. The guys from that magazine all seem to think it's metal and not simply rock music. MA seems to have inside informations about this brand new band and doesn't agree which is curious. Either the guys from the magazine or the one on MA has misjudged the band and that's why I wanted to get some opinions.

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5473
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:53 pm 
 

You know what's incredibly helpful? When you don't tell us what band you're talking about. And inside information? Wha??
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Job for a Cowboy - Sun Eater

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9802
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:59 pm 
 

oogboog wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76277

Holy shit, coming from you, this is gold. Shut the fuck up. Opus was right, anyway.

BastardHead wrote:
You know what's incredibly helpful? When you don't tell us what band you're talking about. And inside information? Wha??
I think he's still talking about Molllust, which indeed was limp-wristed opera rock. I don't care what some magazine said, we heard several samples on youtube and it wasn't predominantly metal. "inside informations", lol... -_-
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6095
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:07 pm 
 

kluseba wrote:
I've got the same question for Caladan Brood. You can listen to their stuff on here. Yes, it's more epic than metal but there are still enough black metal passages in my opinion.

http://www.facebook.com/caladanbroodofficial

The album is not out yet. It's scheduled for early next year. I assume it had to be blacklisted because people kept submitting it.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8965
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:12 pm 
 

I answered a question about Caladan Brood recently, please use 30 seconds of your time and search for the answers before asking.
_________________
BasqueStorm everywhere wrote:
LOL!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
UnblackDeath77
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 12
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:51 am 
 

Opus wrote:
What's wrong with being a hardcore band?

Nothing is wrong with it, but I think it might be why Zao isn't allowed into the archives.

Top
 Profile  
ViolentWind
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:35 am
Posts: 10
Location: India
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:52 am 
 

hi
can you tel me how to upload a band's photocopy of their released CD or tape, because some of my bands have been rejected without proof of their releases and metalness..............please anyone help me out and reply as soon as possible.. :( :( :grumble: :scratch: :scratch:

Top
 Profile  
Rob1
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:50 am
Posts: 438
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:28 am 
 

You can upload pictures on sites like imageshack and then post the link to those pictures here or in the submission notes.
If the band has songs on youtube you can post those links as well else you might want to upload the songs to a cloudservice where you can share it with others.

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Anthropophagus

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 2721
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:31 am 
 

UnblackDeath77 wrote:
Opus wrote:
What's wrong with being a hardcore band?

Nothing is wrong with it, but I think it might be why Zao isn't allowed into the archives.

Nothing is wrong with being a hardcore band, but why would you thing such a hardcore band belongs on a metal archive?

Top
 Profile  
UnblackDeath77
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 12
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:51 pm 
 

Zao is now a metalcore band and a very early one at that. They became part of that scene before it became a crapfest. As I said, if As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage and All That Remains can be on the website, Zao should definitely be.

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1413
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:23 pm 
 

As we have said before, comparing band N with bands X, Y, and Z won't help band N to be accepted if said band doesn't cut it. Period.
_________________
Uncolored, on being a ladies' man wrote:
The best pickup line will always be, "Hey, my dick died... can I bury it in your ass?"
Uncolored, on the age of another user wrote:
He's fucking older than me!

Top
 Profile  
Rob1
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:50 am
Posts: 438
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:31 pm 
 

Do you know how hard that rule is to understand by people who don't want to understand it? ;)

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1413
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:34 pm 
 

Yeah, I know, dude. Pity.
_________________
Uncolored, on being a ladies' man wrote:
The best pickup line will always be, "Hey, my dick died... can I bury it in your ass?"
Uncolored, on the age of another user wrote:
He's fucking older than me!

Top
 Profile  
UnblackDeath77
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 12
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:52 pm 
 

OpsiusCato wrote:
As we have said before, comparing band N with bands X, Y, and Z won't help band N to be accepted if said band doesn't cut it. Period.

So with the examples I have shown, the band doesn't sound metal by any means? I'm comparing because they are in the same genre and have similarities.

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1413
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:25 pm 
 

UnblackDeath77 wrote:
So with the examples I have shown, the band doesn't sound metal by any means? I'm comparing because they are in the same genre and have similarities.


I did not bother to listen to the band. It was previously mentioned as a hardcore band by another moderator, and I trust blindly in our team. I was solely stressing the fact that comparing the band you are talking about with other bands in here will not get it accepted. Pointing it out to you so you wouldn't waste time using that argument.
_________________
Uncolored, on being a ladies' man wrote:
The best pickup line will always be, "Hey, my dick died... can I bury it in your ass?"
Uncolored, on the age of another user wrote:
He's fucking older than me!

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3627
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:43 pm 
 

UnblackDeath77 wrote:
I'm comparing because they are in the same genre and have similarities.

The reason why the "compare band X with band Y" thing never works (aside from the fact bands are assessed individually) is that it's all too easy to compare the non-metallic elements of an unacceptable band with those of an accepted band. E.g., Meshuggah's later stuff obviously wouldn't be considered metallic enough for the Metal Archives, but they're here because their seminal albums were thrash metal. After they spawned the "djent" cancer, other bands like Periphery and Vildhjarta followed suite and now play a style many fans consider to be pioneered by Meshuggah.

So can you see now why we ignore people who point fingers and ask "But you accepted Meshuggah, why not Periphery?!"...? :p

Also, it's a similar principle for djent as it is for metalcore. Metalcore is, by definition, an amalgamation of metal and hardcore - so it can mean metallic hardcore, or metal with hardcore influences. Bear in mind we only accept the latter.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
UnblackDeath77
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 12
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:56 pm 
 

Alhadis wrote:
UnblackDeath77 wrote:
I'm comparing because they are in the same genre and have similarities.

The reason why the "compare band X with band Y" thing never works (aside from the fact bands are assessed individually) is that it's all too easy to compare the non-metallic elements of an unacceptable band with those of an accepted band. E.g., Meshuggah's later stuff obviously wouldn't be considered metallic enough for the Metal Archives, but they're here because their seminal albums were thrash metal. After they spawned the "djent" cancer, other bands like Periphery and Vildhjarta followed suite and now play a style many fans consider to be pioneered by Meshuggah.

So can you see now why we ignore people who point fingers and ask "But you accepted Meshuggah, why not Periphery?!"...? :p

Also, it's a similar principle for djent as it is for metalcore. Metalcore is, by definition, an amalgamation of metal and hardcore - so it can mean metallic hardcore, or metal with hardcore influences. Bear in mind we only accept the latter.

But they are definitely metal with hardcore influences. The admins are here also admit that they DO make mistakes. There is no sense in being blissfully ignorant. All I ask is for opinions on their style from 98' on up.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3627
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:06 pm 
 

Quote:
All I ask is for opinions on their style from 98' on up.

So you want my opinion on this? I still say it's predominantly hardcore. Yes it's borderline metallic, but bear in mind we're not going to accept a band who starts off unmetallic and then later weans its way into a more metal direction based on a few "iffy" releases. Bands like Soulfly were only accepted based on something as drastically different from their usual formula as this, because albums leading up to that still held too many similarities to the style they were known (and blacklisted) for.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
UnblackDeath77
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 12
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:15 pm 
 

Alhadis wrote:
Quote:
All I ask is for opinions on their style from 98' on up.

So you want my opinion on this? I still say it's predominantly hardcore. Yes it's borderline metallic, but bear in mind we're not going to accept a band who starts off unmetallic and then later weans its way into a more metal direction based on a few "iffy" releases. Bands like Soulfly were only accepted based on something as drastically different from their usual formula as this, because albums leading up to that still held too many similarities to the style they were known (and blacklisted) for.

Well at least you considered it. I guess I could see where you're coming from.

Top
 Profile  
ViolentWind
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:35 am
Posts: 10
Location: India
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:35 am 
 

Thanx Rob1, i owe you alot :hyper: :headbang:

Top
 Profile  
ViolentWind
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:35 am
Posts: 10
Location: India
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:08 am 
 

HELLO.......
Does anyone of you have any IDEA about the Ragnarock Festival 2004 and so on till 2010, I mean where can we get those DVDs of full concert, they're not provided in any site for purchasing......I've been looking for two, three years, and now I'm so desperate......pleases anyone having any idea, reply ASAP and tell me what to DOOOoo.......... :scratch: :cry: :( :brick:

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3627
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:10 am 
 

What the hell...

Dude, try one of these forums. This is a thread for appealing about rejected/blacklisted bands, not asking for missing releases. Image
viewforum.php?f=1
viewforum.php?f=6
viewforum.php?f=19
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
ViolentWind
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:35 am
Posts: 10
Location: India
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:21 am 
 

i know that its about rejected bands etc etc, but i was wondering if i could get some answers from here, so was just crying for some help... :argue: :thumbsup: :beer:

Top
 Profile  
ViolentWind
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:35 am
Posts: 10
Location: India
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:32 am 
 

METALCORE, HARDCORE, & NU METAL should be banned in this planet....... :tongue: :lol: :evil: :finger: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :-D

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6095
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:36 am 
 

ViolentWind, don't post if you don't have anything worthwhile to say. The thread title is quite clear as to what this is about. Thanks.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
ViolentWind
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:35 am
Posts: 10
Location: India
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:23 am 
 

got it, azmodes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer: :)

Top
 Profile  
Sedomza
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:50 pm
Posts: 26
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:09 pm 
 

The band wasn't rejected or something else but is in the queue since 14th of december now: Leben.
I have added all informations about their first full-length which was released this month by the band itself on tape, I added much proof-photos, links to samples, links to sources etc etc.

What exactly is the problem with that?

Thank you.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9802
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:58 pm 
 

Sedomza wrote:
The band wasn't rejected or something else but is in the queue since 14th of december now: Leben.
I have added all informations about their first full-length which was released this month by the band itself on tape, I added much proof-photos, links to samples, links to sources etc etc.

What exactly is the problem with that?

Thank you.

Because everything about your "proofs" look fake as shit?

Also, this: http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/409313

Fuck off.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Sedomza
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:50 pm
Posts: 26
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:39 pm 
 

Morrigan wrote:
Sedomza wrote:
The band wasn't rejected or something else but is in the queue since 14th of december now: Leben.
I have added all informations about their first full-length which was released this month by the band itself on tape, I added much proof-photos, links to samples, links to sources etc etc.

What exactly is the problem with that?

Thank you.

Because everything about your "proofs" look fake as shit?

Also, this: http://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/409313

Fuck off.

Come on, please. Where is the gentleman?

You don't really think that this is a fake? The tape is physically released and I gave you proof photos of the tapes. I cannot understand why someone now think that this is a fake. Why I should do this?! ^^ Leben released their first album on tape this december and the whole shit will be released later on vinyl. But the album is already released on 21 tapes. If you think I print just for fun tape cover on exclusive paper and make pictures of this I can't really understand yoir point of view. You can ask also the label that helped for the tapes: bleichmond@gmx.de

Another sample is also on youtube: tip in " Leben - II (Sample)

And there are various people around whose already own this cassette.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9802
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:07 pm 
 

Because that tape picture is easy as hell to fake, and because you lied about "some guy" buying that tape when that guy was clearly you, so now that you're a proven liar we can't take anything you say at face value.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Iron1
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 am
Posts: 73
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:56 am 
 

For the recently rejected "Scab" submission:

1. Releases
Gross Infection - 1994
Return to the Black - 1995
Feast of Souls - 1995

2. Metalness

https://soundcloud.com/iron1/scab-in-si ... d-in-death
https://soundcloud.com/iron1/scab-despair

3. Evidence

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a55 ... ca091b.jpg
_________________
So heavy if you breathe it your lungs will collapse.
IRON1

Top
 Profile  
Dr_Keloid
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:10 pm
Posts: 87
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:30 am 
 

Sedomza wrote:
Where is the gentleman?

Why are you asking her?

Top
 Profile  
Rob1
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:50 am
Posts: 438
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:05 am 
 

Morrigan being a gentleman should need some extensive surgery I guess! ;)

Top
 Profile  
Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:20 am
Posts: 85
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:29 pm 
 

I'm sure Cattle Decapitation will be more than happy to offer her the operation - gratis, even!
_________________
-Pr0nogo
Pronogo@hotmail.com

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179 ... 301  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dr_Keloid and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group