Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:29 pm 

Yeah, Williams has done some good stuff. Terry Gilliam really crafted a gem with the Fisher King though. It is one of the few movies Williams is in where I feel he doesn't steal the show (for better or for worse) with his madness. Jeff Bridges did a great job in it, too. As did Mercedes Reuhl.

Star-Gazer
Trust and you'll be trusted

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:04 pm 

Puppet Master (1989) 3.5/5 {*}
An eclectic group of psychics are joined at an old hotel for the burial of their former colleague. None of the gathered knew the totality of the project the now dead guy was working on. Soon automated "toys" start killing the guests and the evilness of their dead(?) boss is revealed. Part "old dark house", part gore (green blood ala Evil Dead), and part comedy, this does have a few jarring moments mixed with the silliness of it all.

Puppet Master II (1991) 3/5
A couple years after the incidents at the hotel, a group a psychics explore the building and grounds to look for an explanation of the earlier horrifying scene. One of the surviving psychics from the first film has been locked in an insane asylum and is assumed to the perpetrator of the ghastly horrors. The new group pf psychics start to drop off in much the same fashion as the first set. Not as good as the initial film of the series, but some good stuff like the introduction of Torch!

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:46 am 

I've tried to like The Fisher King, as it's the kind of film I tend to enjoy; I want to like it, if that makes sense. But... I just couldn't find an emotional connection there. Williams' performance leaves me cold, and Bridges annoys me after a while; I'm not quite sure why this particular movie just doesn't work for me.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:59 am 

I loved it because of the inherent Arthurian references, as I saw the movie long after reading de Troyes' stories. The Red Knight was just great!

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:51 pm 

Saw The Hobbit because a new movie theater near my house opened up and that happened to be playing. I'm not really a fantasy genre guy and I have no connection at all to LOTR. Never saw the movies, never read the books. The Hobbit seems a little confused - is it trying to be light hearted fare? It has a lot of moments suggesting that because of the way it moves. Then, 3 minutes later, decapitated heads are rolling around. As far as the story itself, I got into Game of Thrones through the HBO show and all I can do is constantly compare the two in my mind. I know this is a bad thing to do because The Hobbit is really a children's book and isn't intended to have the complexity that GoT does, but I can't help it. It is there in my mind. Where are the women and have any of the characters in this film ever gotten laid? Don't any of the characters have more complex motivations for what they're doing? I also can't remember the lead Elf's name because I hear the "Oakenshield" and immediately print in my mind that his name is Paul Oakenfold. That's my fault, not the movie's. Not sure I'll see parts 2 and 3 unless there is absolutely nothing else in the theater to see when they're out.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:19 pm 

You have an odd notion of elves :lol:
Dwarf*
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:23 pm 

godsonsafari wrote:
I also can't remember the lead Elf's name because I hear the "Oakenshield" and immediately print in my mind that his name is Paul Oakenfold.

:lol: Man, that absolutely makes my day.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:46 am 

The Ides of March: Politics is in these days, but unfortunately instead of focusing on real politics, it's once again a scandal, a cover-up and drama in moments instead of the actual behind the things. It's well-written and well-performed, but all in all, feels like a workhorse instead of something inspired.

The Girl Can't Help It: Jayne Mansfield vehicle that become a rock sensation. Great music, good performances from the bands and performers - as a film though? Dated, very much so. The humor doesn't work in this day and age anymore and a lot of it is based on Mansfield's looks and figure and the reaction it causes in men, which seems pretty crass in this day and age. Fun in the way that it is ridiculous and stupid. But yeah, excellent music - simplistic film.

Pandorum: If I'd known before hand that Paul W.S. Anderson was involved, I would've skipped it. That man can ruin anything. It's a pretty interesting concept though certainly not very creative. These kinds of things have been done before - we all know the significant ones - but I was inkling for something sci-fi so this was ideal. At least in the beginning. Turned to a lot of dumb action with weird invaders as horror creatures and the exposition was a bit flimsy. Some good parts in the middle with the myths that have been created, but not worth one's time in the end.

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:15 pm 

You know you're a metalhead if you read this:

Quote:
...about half an hour of the start of "Zero Dark Thirty" consists of scenes of a bloodied al Qaeda detainee strung to the ceiling with ropes who is beaten; forced to wear a dog collar while crawling around attached to a leash; stripped naked in the presence of a female CIA officer; blasted with heavy metal music so he is deprived of sleep; forced to endure multiple crude waterboardings; and locked into a coffin-like wooden crate.

And the first thing that pops into your head is, I wonder what music it was? :)

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:57 pm 

Unbreakable - 3.75/5

An M. Night Shyamalan movie I actually liked? I guess all those people who said this was his best were right, because this movie, despite some boring parts and some goofy camera angles, is actually quite bleak and atmospheric, with a pretty original, cool storyline and some solid acting. I have to say this suffers simply from being a Shyamalan film as I just never find his stories all that arresting, and his style doesn't really gel with me as far as an emotional reaction goes, but here he composes what is probably his strongest film. There are some dead spots, and I can't say I am in love with the directing and camera choices he makes - holding on shots way too long, too many silly gimmicky moments like seeing a whole scene reflected in a TV screen...it's just not always great. But the unique, personal and subtle atmosphere and feel this movie has, along with strong performances from Willis and Jackson, make Unbreakable worth watching.

Rare Exports - 2.5/5

This could have been good, but seriously, less than 90 minutes with large spots of boring nothingness doesn't really make for a very appetizing film...mostly I just didn't care about these characters, didn't find it as funny or original as apparently some critics did - it's mostly just a rip off of The Thing with a way stupider premise - and I was just waiting for it to end. I can't say there's much wrong with this, but there's not much right either.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:51 pm 

Convenient you mention Rare Exports. I was JUST watching it and was bored as fuck, trying to determine wether I should finish it.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Call_From_The_Tower
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:50 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Rare Exports - 2.5/5

This could have been good, but seriously, less than 90 minutes with large spots of boring nothingness doesn't really make for a very appetizing film...mostly I just didn't care about these characters, didn't find it as funny or original as apparently some critics did - it's mostly just a rip off of The Thing with a way stupider premise - and I was just waiting for it to end. I can't say there's much wrong with this, but there's not much right either.

I actually just watched this the other day because I remembered seeing the trailer way back and thinking it looked great in a terrible, Finnish kind of way. And yeah, there really is a lot wrong with it. It's largely terrible for most of the film, but my god, that ending. Just...so, so many moral problems going on there and I really couldn't tell if they were on purpose or just weird and Finnish.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:33 am 

So, just finished watching Splice. Good, unique movie for today's standards, but also extremely creepy and disturbing in quite a few ways. It borrowed a bit from Alien's sexual overtones, but played them up in both such a human and monstrous way that, for moments, my brain was alternating between "hey, this is rather sexy" and "FUCK'S SAKE WHAT AM I THINKING?!"

Still, cool movie.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:58 am 

Splice was fucking horrible, but Cube and especially Cypher were pretty good for their straight-to-dvd budgets.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:03 am 

Hulu Plus has like 90% of the Criterion collection...oh my god. what should I watch? i'm alone all day tomorrow and don't leave for Cleveland until Sunday....so, I can watch like ten movies....

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:12 am 

There's a shitload of films in that, bro. But just off the top of my head you should watch Antichrist, Being John Malkovitch, and Easy Rider. You really can't go wrong with Easy Rider.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:23 am 

Unbreakable is the best adaptation of comics unto the real world, if you know what I mean.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:06 am 

Kveldulfr wrote:
Unbreakable is the best adaptation of comics unto the real world, if you know what I mean.

Sin City would like to have a few words with you.

Though Unbreakable was great in its own right.....
darkeningday wrote:
Splice was fucking horrible (...)

Disagree. The acting was rock solid, and the pacing was amazingly well done, you could easily follow Dren's (the creature) evolution as a character. Actually, I think it was the first time when I felt that a creature in a horror movie was an actual, fleshed out character instead of a mindlessly destructive force of nature. Plus, all of the stabs that the movie gives at stuff such as parenthood and unprotected sex (which I only fully realized after the movie ended) are quite fascinating on their own.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:15 pm 

The main problem with Splice that I remember is that the main characters are very stupid and unlikable. The movie should have had us on their side so we'd be sympathetic to their plight, and had their experiment get out of hand through a series of understandable mistakes, rather than a bunch of really stupid decisions. Instead they give us the guy, who is greedy for fame/money to the point of being stupid, and the woman, who has serious psychological issues to the point of being totally irrational. Their experiment gets out of hand because they keep making fucking idiotic decisions that anyone in the audience could guess would be a bad idea, even without knowing it's a horror movie and things will obviously get out of hand. Honestly I think the concept had potential, and the actors weren't terrible or anything, but it just turned out really stupid. Also I thought the ending was rather weak; 'monster rape' is one of the cheapest horror gross-outs there is, because it's so unimaginative and manipulative.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:41 pm 

Basic Instinct: An overrated thriller that is basically an excuse for a bunch of sex scenes and Sharon Stone being super hot and seductive. No amount of suspension of disbelief could make me go along with the series of events that happened, the pacing was shit, it wasn't a ''smart'' thriller but tried painfully hard to be, and Michael Douglas' character was a complete moron that it was impossible to feel anything for. Without the charisma of the two leads, I would have turned it off. It's the kind of movie I would have creamed myself over if I was 14.

The English Patient: An epic film (in length as well as scope). Superb acting, great visuals and scenery, engaging plot, and sweeping soundtrack. My only problem with it was
Colin Firth's character barely gets any real development. As such, it's hard to believe that he would go mad with rage and crash his plane into Ralf Fiennes' settlement with his wife on board.

Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:17 pm 

The Big Lebowski - 9/10.

Ho-Ly-Shit. I was laughing from begenning to end with this movie. It was funny and so unique as far as films I've seen. Everyone in this pulled out a stellar performance, and this cast has fucking Tara Reid in it (then again, she's playing a blond whore, so she's not really challenging herself). You also know a movie is great when you can quote problebly 90% of the dialogue in humor.

"It's down there somewhere, let me take another look!"
"Clearly, your not a golfer."
"Shut the fuck up Donney."
"Man, I had a rough night, and I hate the fucking eagles, man."
"You said it man, no one fucks with the Jesus."

The only reason it didn't get a full perfect score was because sometimes it was hard to fallow with so many storylines and characters. Still, this was so much fun to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing it agian.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:20 pm 

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels was ass. I can now *finally* declare Guy Ritchie one of the worst director's alive today.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:27 pm 

It deserves a 10, Aurone. You fuckin' nihilist. But this will become clear with further viewing.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:19 pm 

@Aurone: Well part of the concept of "comedy of errors" to emphatise with the confusion of the protagonist(s) who are thrown into absurd situations. The Big Lebowski does this well because the confusion doesn't degenerate into randomness and everything kinda makes sense in the end (so your negative point is none) while it still manages to deliver a satisfying portrayal of the beautifully conceived characters. 10/10 would be an overstatement for a movie that is more cult than brilliance though.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Star-Gazer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:35 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Hulu Plus has like 90% of the Criterion collection...oh my god. what should I watch? i'm alone all day tomorrow and don't leave for Cleveland until Sunday....so, I can watch like ten movies....

Brazil
General Idi Amin Dada
Eyes Without a Face
This is Spinal Tap
Seven Samurai
Equinox
Being John Malkovich

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:42 pm 

Star-Gazer wrote:
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:

Brazil

Yup.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:07 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
Kveldulfr wrote:

Sin City would like to have a few words with you.

Though Unbreakable was great in its own right.....

Well, Sin City was almost replying the exact comic into the screen, but I was refering to the context of comics in a real life situation, not picking up a comic and successfully translate it into a movie, which is what Sin City did flawlessly (I even got it in blu-ray).

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:21 am 

Yeah the last twenty minutes or so of Unbreakable were very good. They were dramatic in a downbeat way, not at all like the overblown nature of a lot of other superhero films.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:30 am 

failsafeman wrote:
The main problem with Splice that I remember is that the main characters are very stupid and unlikable. The movie should have had us on their side so we'd be sympathetic to their plight, and had their experiment get out of hand through a series of understandable mistakes, rather than a bunch of really stupid decisions. Instead they give us the guy, who is greedy for fame/money to the point of being stupid, and the woman, who has serious psychological issues to the point of being totally irrational. Their experiment gets out of hand because they keep making fucking idiotic decisions that anyone in the audience could guess would be a bad idea, even without knowing it's a horror movie and things will obviously get out of hand. Honestly I think the concept had potential, and the actors weren't terrible or anything, but it just turned out really stupid. Also I thought the ending was rather weak; 'monster rape' is one of the cheapest horror gross-outs there is, because it's so unimaginative and manipulative.

Spoilers much? :-P
Anyway, I thought that the characters were believable enough to carry the film and engage the audience in their decision-making; I thought that I understood their motivations well enough to see why they acted as they did. I don't see why characters should be likeable and act in a way that exonerates them for a film to be successful, especially when it - in my view, anyway - was trying to offer a version of the Frankenstein/'mad scientist' trope. The film seemed to reference the conventions of that kind of narrative while cleverly playing with them here and there, and/or taking them to limits many movies of that type shy away from. The ending, especially, was pretty stunning in that regard -
honestly, I haven't seen that many other scenes of 'monster rape' (or rape generally) that are this explicit and intimate in quasi-mainstream cinema; and the key thing is that it's a 'son' raping his 'mother' - I was taken aback that the film actually goes that far. And, to top that off, there's that one unbelievably creepy, shockingly well-conceived and timed line: when she asks her 'son' what he wants, he answers his mother: "Inside you." That Oedipus-gone-haywire scene alone, in my view, is hardly unimaginative; it's perturbing, dark, unexpected, and yet fits into the plot.

Also, I know the conversation's moved on now, but I just wanted to agree: yes, Unbreakable is good (and certainly Shyamalan's best); and, yeah, watch Brazil. Always watch Brazil.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:42 pm 

The Toxic Avenger - :lol: What can I even say about this movie? I'm a newcomer to Troma, having only seen Class of Nuke 'Em High before this one. I'm guessing you have to be a certain kind of person to appreciate these movies, and fortunately, I seem to be one. This movie's a total riot. Lighthearted yet gory as can be, it recalls the early movies of Peter Jackson, as well as the first two Evil Dead movies (though not nearly ask dark, of course). Troma definitely goes for the gross-outs as often as possible, and even though I'm no gore-hound, when a movie is this damn funny, I'll take it. I'd love to see The Toxic Avenger vs. Batman. Toxie would mop the floor with him! :wink:

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:42 pm 

Calusari wrote:
Spoilers much? :-P

Yes, I'm sure all the people who've never seen a horror movie before are very annoyed that I spoiled that things end up going wrong with their science experiment. :p

Calusari wrote:
Anyway, I thought that the characters were believable enough to carry the film and engage the audience in their decision-making; I thought that I understood their motivations well enough to see why they acted as they did. I don't see why characters should be likeable and act in a way that exonerates them for a film to be successful, especially when it - in my view, anyway - was trying to offer a version of the Frankenstein/'mad scientist' trope.

It's not characters in general - it's characters in this type of horror movie specifically that need to be sympathetic. The reason is quite simple; the audience has to want good things to happen to the characters, to want them to escape a shitty fate, in order for the threat of that shitty fate to actually create decent tension. In Splice I thought both of the main characters were dumbasses who totally deserved whatever awful crap was going to happen to them, so I didn't care when things inevitably started going bad. In Frankenstein both the monster and the doctor himself are quite sympathetic. In Cronenberg's remake of the fly, another classic "mad scientist" movie, Jeff Goldblum's character is very likeable and sympathetic, and the decision to use himself as a test subject seems rash at the time but not totally idiotic (plus he's drunk and stressed out over his sudden publicity), which makes his deterioration all the more poignant/terrifying.

Calusari wrote:
The film seemed to reference the conventions of that kind of narrative while cleverly playing with them here and there, and/or taking them to limits many movies of that type shy away from. The ending, especially, was pretty stunning in that regard -
honestly, I haven't seen that many other scenes of 'monster rape' (or rape generally) that are this explicit and intimate in quasi-mainstream cinema; and the key thing is that it's a 'son' raping his 'mother' - I was taken aback that the film actually goes that far. And, to top that off, there's that one unbelievably creepy, shockingly well-conceived and timed line: when she asks her 'son' what he wants, he answers his mother: "Inside you." That Oedipus-gone-haywire scene alone, in my view, is hardly unimaginative; it's perturbing, dark, unexpected, and yet fits into the plot.

It's just rape in general is so often used in movies (and literature, too) as a cheap ploy to gross out audiences because it's a pretty gruesome thing that many people have a visceral reaction to seeing. It takes no imagination; they could show a rape scene between two characters we'd never seen before with zero buildup and it would still gross people out just because of the real life implications. It would have been way more interesting if it had been consensual, as the with the Adrian Brody character. That also adds kind of a gender essentialist vibe to the whole thing, where the man wants to bone the sexy girl monster while the woman just gets raped by the scary guy monster. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one; I think the concept had potential, and I agree that Oedipus-gone-wrong idea could have worked very well, but it was squandered by crappy presentation.

Star-Gazer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:25 pm 

The Frighteners (1996) 4.5/5 {*}
I have no idea why it has taken me so long to to see this one, its like the total epitome of what I love! A hilarious horror-themed film directed by Peter Jackson who is responsible for two of my other all-time favs, Dead Alive and King Kong. This was laugh-out-loud funny with a rather sick story and a nice twist. A real life psychic uses his abilities to hustle clients but happens upon a terror killing from beyond the grave. Man I'm dumb for having put off watching this for so long.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) 4/5 {*}
Beautifully shot, much in the same style as the LOTR series. I saw the regular version, so I dont have anything to add about the new super high def. Nice to see people reprising their roles (even a few who I dont recall being in The Hobbit, actually). I dont know how Azog, the Brown wizard, and Galadriel got such a large role in this film, Azog's to almost almost to cartoonish effect. I had a few other problems with the story as well, but cannot honestly remember if I am recalling the book or the cartoon, so I'll let it go. The film really left me wanting more much as Fellowship of the Ring did upon initial viewing.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:20 pm 

I'm planning on seeing The Hobbit soon. Really should be worth the hype I suppose. Considering I liked LOTR, I'll probably like this one too.

I know the Asian woman with black hair infront of her face that acts like a zombie is a part of Asian folklore, but how many films actually don't feature one of these? :lol: I'm currently watching A.P.T and I've got no idea how often I've seen these kind of figures already.

Star-Gazer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:37 am 

C.H.U.D. (1984) 3/5 {*}
Tramps, streetpeople, vagrants, bums, drifters, hobos, urchins, ragamuffins, and other assorted displaced persons start to disappear, especially those which have chosen to live underground (ala the mutants in New New York). When the wife of a high-ranking police officer goes missing, the investigation into the multiple disappearances becomes a focus of the police force. With cover-ups at the highest level, the true reason behind the missing persons remains secret until the cannibalistic monsters become more brazen above ground. Of course, this being the 80s, the reason the monsters were created was through mishandled nuclear waste. Decent for the budget, watch with Street Trash, Slime City, I Was a Teenage Zombie, Deadbeat at Dawn, Combat Shock, and Brain Damage.

C.H.U.D. II: Bud the C.H.U.D. (1989) 4/5 {*}
A totally different style and mood from the first in the series. This takes place as the C.H.U.D. program is being shut down. A C.H.U.D. escapes and is found by a pair of high school A&P students. It gets reanimated and hilarity ensues. The military is searching for their missing property while the students hope to cash in on their discovery and a zombie outbreak begins. Damn good stuff, really captures what the 80s-early 90s comedy-horror films had going for them. I put this on par with Frankenhooker, Return of the Living Dead, or Night of the Creeps. Some GREAT dialogue here including a very cool anti-broccoli joke. Robert Vaughn and Bianca Jagger star in this. Cool stuff!

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:48 am 

Man, you always watch movies I want to watch before me. Keep it up!

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:53 pm 

I'd rather pump bolts into my eye sockets from an airpowered nailgun than sit through the latest Tarantino spunk-fest.

This Django will most certainly remain chained, at least from me (and hopefully other non-idiots).

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:04 pm 

Well, I thought darkeningday was a decent person for about a month or so. But there he goes ruining it :p

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:09 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Well, I thought darkeningday was a decent person for about a month or so. But there he goes ruining it :p

Yeah. I wanted to see it today, but for some reason we get the dubbed version before the original version... So tomorrow evening I'll be seeing this bitch. Unfortunately I'm not as much of a spaghetti western snob than I should, but I'll enjoy this for sure. And I watched the trailer yesterday, and DiCaprio looks genuinely good (or interesting) for once. He truly looks like a dick.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:20 pm 

I'll be seeing it this week with a friend. I'm seeing Les Misérables in an hour with my sister. Never read the book or even fully know what it's about but I've heard good things so who knows.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:38 pm 

The one you're seeing is a film adaptation of the off-broadway musical with the hideous Amanda Seyfried :-P .

The musical wasn't all that bad, if I recall correctly. Except for that horrible Susan Boyle song. :ugh:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374, 375 ... 818  Next