Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:15 am 

Can anybody with experience in EZdrummer tell me how to record MIDI files you made yourself when they're loaded into the plugin? The DAW I'm using is Mixcraft 6 and the MIDI file I'm trying to record is a drum track I made in Rhythm Rascal.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Goran
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:01 am 

What do you mean, record files you've made yourself?
You just want to play them back using EZ?

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:14 am 

What I'm trying to do is to get the playback of the MIDI file recorded to the grid in Mixcraft with the EZdrummer sounds, as whenever I do the normal drag and drop of the file itself it won't let me sound replace the MIDI hits with the drum sounds from EZdrummer, only the very limited and not accurate at all Acoustica drum sounds; this mainly affects the cymbals, as Mixcraft itself only has one crash cymbal option and it never work the way I want it to. Whenever I have EZdrummer open and hit record, it'll loop back to the start of the part, play as normal, and the timeline will move along as if it's being recorded, but it never records. Ever.

deplo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:19 am 

I kinda understand what you're trying to do, here's what I do:

I write the drum beats on guitar pro, export them to a MIDI file, move it to the EZdrummer MIDI folder in the root directory, open EZdrummer on a mixing program which is Sony Acid, load the MIDI file on the drum machine (there's a special button for your MIDI folder) and then: either just play the new (realistic) drum sound or simply drag and drop the MIDI file from the EZdrummer MIDI list to the mix area of Sony Acid, I then render the track as a wave file and that's it!

Hope that helps.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:41 pm 

Yeah, that didn't work. Just created a WAVE file of the midi sounds.

Also, for added context, I write the drum parts in Rhythm Rascal and save as midi there.

Reply to topic