Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:15 am 

Today, this was posted on Warlord's official fan page, from the admin, Phoebus Dokos:

[WO] A couple of months ago we promised you some big news for 12.12.12. Well 12.12.12 is finally here! Some of you wondered if we would be announcing the release of the new album. Some of you wondered if we would be announcing additional live dates. And others settled for additional 'sound bites' from the new album. You wondered, speculated, and asked us about a myriad of things. As you all know we have been hard at work recording Warlord's first studio album in 10 years. You also know that in "early" 2013 you will hear the new Warlord album when it is released. What you did NOT KNOW, however, is that you will not just be getting ONE new album in 2013, but instead THREE! Yes THREE! (1) The new Warlord album, 8 songs/55 minutes, (2) A double CD live album + BluRay disc (in high definition video AND audio) from the shows in Germany and Greece this April 2013 (to include a 'bonus' "Behind the Scenes" special), and (3) A re-release of "Rising out of the Ashes" with "full keyboard orchestration and choirs." This re-release will include the Japanese bonus track "Lost and Lonely Days" along with "one additional song" recorded by Bill, Mark, and Joacim, which was previously unreleased. To mark this 12.12.12. announcement we are making available the first item of merchandise from the coming Warlord "store" -- a replica of the "1984 CLASSIC WARLORD SHIRT." (A photo of the shirt will be uploaded in the coming days along with an announcement for orders). Finally, we would like to say that for "too long" Warlord fans have lived in a "dry and thirsty" land, where there was not enough Warlord music and not enough Warlord merchandise. This is all about to change. We have worked hard this past year and will continue to do so in the future to provide you, "the Warlord fan," with music, video, and merchandise to last for years to come.

And later, Bill Tsamis had this to say:

I do want to make one clarification regarding this 12.12.12 announcement. This IN NO WAY constitutes the surprises that we have in store for you. The new album has many surprises that you could not even imagine or dream of - we want to surprise the hell out of you guys!!! Great surprises on the new album!!! The whole live thing is full of surprises as well - I won't say more. The "Rising out of the Ashes" announcement -- well, just imagine a massive epic sound (afforded by keyboards and virtual instruments) . . . so that isn't a surprise anymore because we announced it and because you can "imagine" how it will sound, but it will definitely be a super-pleasant surprise when you hear it. Again, though . . . this 12.12.12 announcement IN NO WAY CONSTITUTES OR WAS INTENDED TO MAKE YOU THINK 'WELL, NOW WARLORD HAS REVEALED EVERYTHING.' Nope !!! In fact, what me and one other person are working on right now practically constitutes a "conspiracy" on the whole heavy metal scene . . . I assure you -- you will be "shocked." Only me an that other person know about this . . . and the other person isn't Phoebus or Mark or anyone you would guess. They'll be shocked too !!!

The Warlord Battle Choir: http://www.facebook.com/groups/warlordbattlechoir/

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:31 am 

Hmm.

Manilla Road/Warlord/Dark Quarterer/Cirith Ungol tour? With added guests Isen Torr? Tony Taylor faked his death?

I'm not expecting anything less at this point.
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 am 

^If only such a tour would happen, it would be great for Manilla road to open up maybe with another vocalist. I'm glad they finally decided to flood the market with lots of goodies, especially since their older stuff is a pain in the ass to find. Tsamis really seems to care for the massive gulf of time that has elapsed since they released their weak new album with that moron from Hammerfall. Hopefully, it isn't out of the question for a tour of the US, with maybe a few dates where they play some Lordian Guard songs and the entirety of and and Cannons of Destruction . I adore this band and their newest album will definitely be one of the best heavy metal albums of the year, everything else can settle for second

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:36 am 

Veracs wrote:
^If only such a tour would happen, it would be great for Manilla road to open up maybe with another vocalist. I'm glad they finally decided to flood the market with lots of goodies, especially since their older stuff is a pain in the ass to find. Tsamis really seems to care for the massive gulf of time that has elapsed since they released their weak new album with that moron from Hammerfall. Hopefully, it isn't out of the question for a tour of the US, with maybe a few dates where they play some Lordian Guard songs and the entirety of and and Cannons of Destruction . I adore this band and their newest album will definitely be one of the best heavy metal albums of the year, everything else can settle for second

I actually really like Rising Out of the Ashes. What do you think about how they're now re-releasing it with keyboards and orchestrations newly put in?

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:39 am 

Its going to be great as long as the moron from Hammerfall isn't involved, is it a reissue or a complete re-recording of the album from scratch? I think its great keyboards and orchestration are a key aspect of Warlord's sound, and any chance to hear their classic songs redone is always good enough for me.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:43 am 

Veracs wrote:
Its going to be great as long as the moron from Hammerfall isn't involved, is it a reissue or a complete re-recording of the album from scratch? I think its great keyboards and orchestration are a key aspect of Warlord's sound, and any chance to hear their classic songs redone is always good enough for me.

They didn't mention anything about rerecording anything, just adding in the keys/orchestrations/choirs. So, I THINK the guitars/bass/drums/vocals are going to be what was already released. But I am not sure.

monkseatcheese
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:00 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
Manilla Road/Warlord/Dark Quarterer/Cirith Ungol

this is what my dreams are made of, just started listening to dark quarterer 6 months ago FUCKING INCREDIBLE. if this happened i would have no more reason to live

logged on first time in years just to say this

Reply to topic