Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:13 am 

@infinitenexus That's a weird and idiotic way of celebrating something. Not funny. Not edgy. Douchebag.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:19 am 

What is it about Carcass that makes people on this site say really retarded shit?

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:21 am 

Not sure the homeless man would like it, he would probably try to beat your ass and it would be well deserved.

Christ, guys. Come on.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:26 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
The missing link between Necroticism and Heartwork, eh?

Interesting. I'm not a big fan of Heartwork (although I like it), but Necroticism is probably my favourite after Symphonies of Sickness. It has potential.

Quote:
Steer will be doing back-ups, and “it’s more along the lines of how I envisioned him backing me up on Heartwork.

Now that's good news. I always loved Bill's vocals and was disappointed they weren't used at all in Heartwork, even more when I learned he was supposed to.

Quote:
Also, (hopefully) Ken [Owen] will make an appearance—we just need to tidy a few loose ends before the mix.”

Wondering how that will turn up. Obviously he can't compare with his past playing anymore, I just hope we'll see a glimpse of his style. But it's definitely something that makes me doubt the album a bit, Ken was an integral part of the sound...

And who cares about Amott? I'm really curious how important he was on Necroticism, and knowing how killer some riffs of Symphonies are, we all know the true Carcass guitarist is Bill. If the new dude is just for the shows, I think it can only help that Amott isn't in the band anymore, particularly since it's been some time he wrote anything good in Arch Enemy. I hope it won't be too melodic.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:40 pm 

Subrick wrote:
What is it about Carcass that makes people on this site say really retarded shit?
Metantoine wrote:
Not sure the homeless man would like it, he would probably try to beat your ass and it would be well deserved.

Christ, guys. Come on.
matras wrote:
@infinitenexus That's a weird and idiotic way of celebrating something. Not funny. Not edgy. Douchebag.

You guys already missed the worst line of this thread.
OzzyApu wrote:
Poisonfume wrote:
Othe bright side, a brain haemorrhage is the most metal thing that can happen to a goregrind musician.

:durr:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:44 pm 

I saw that. I didn't comment on it because it was literally too stupid for my brain to process.

Civil
I'm not sexist, I have binders full of women friends!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm 

Bill said it's full of blast beats and brutal riffs, and nothing like Swansong.

It's funny to see people complaining about Colin Richardson just because he recorded bands they don't like. And pretty sad too. As if one's personal taste indicated how good he is. He is a professional producer, he works with rock music, much like many of you people are professionals working in your jobs. So, if a project comes by he takes it and, I think, does his best to favor the musicians. Usually that's how it works when you are a professional in any field.

Not to mention, as someone has pointed out already, he recorded all the other Carcass albuns, save from Reek if I'm not mistaken. So if you don't like him you probably never liked Carcass anyway.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:33 pm 

People seem to have forgotten that some of Colin Richardson's first albums he produced/mixed and mastered were Carcass's early stuff.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:58 pm 

I'll give it a listen, hoping for a Heartwork/Swansong sound. (I still can't believe "Blood Splattered Banner" was an unreleased Swansong track. wtf were they thinking?!)

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:14 am 

Civil wrote:

"This new album is our fastest, heaviest stuff to date!"

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:28 am 

I actually liked Swansong. Ok, sometimes it was a bit plodding and some bits were not particularly exciting, but I thought it was very listenable. There were some rockin' tracks I thought.

Eh_Timeghoul
Be gentle, I was... Born This Way

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:40 am 

Subrick wrote:

the real question is when did this site pucker up it's asshole and turn into a PC cunt? jesus, this thread was eye opening....and not about Carcass in any way (well kinda, no Reek love-even by the band? fuck off!)

boo hoo bad jokes, i c'mon mean.....really? holy fuck.....if that's bad then how the fuck do you people listen to this music, at all?

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:56 am 

Oh it's not that they're saying vile stuff. It's that they're saying vile stuff that's mighty retarded at the same time. It's like a less funny version of whenever Dave Mustaine opens his mouth about...well, everything.

Also, Reek I'm not big on for one reason: the god-fucking-awful production sound. I know it was late 80s grindcore, but that really doesn't excuse the record from sounding like someone freakishly mixed a wet fart and the fuzz from the end of a VHS tape. At least the band themselves have said that Reek's production quality was utter crap.

Civil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:03 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
Civil wrote:

"This new album is our fastest, heaviest stuff to date!"

Haha he didnt' say that. I meet him sometimes in London, that's how I know. He just said it's not a stoner metal or rock grind album, it's back to old Carcass basically, with new ideas thrown in for sure, but it's proper death metal/grind again, that's what he meant. :-)

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:59 pm 

Eh_Timeghoul wrote:
Subrick wrote:

the real question is when did this site pucker up it's asshole and turn into a PC cunt? jesus, this thread was eye opening....and not about Carcass in any way (well kinda, no Reek love-even by the band? fuck off!)

boo hoo bad jokes, i c'mon mean.....really? holy fuck.....if that's bad then how the fuck do you people listen to this music, at all?

Exactly. If you people don't like an off-color joke, then just move on instead of crying about it. You'd think people who like songs such as "entrails ripped from a virgin's cunt" wouldn't be so sensitive.

More importantly, any more updates on this album?

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:27 am 

Well the difference is that death metal lyrics are fictional and escapistic. Your comments, on the other hand, shows a really retarded attitude and though you say they are meant as jokes (and yeah, I think you can joke about just anything) it takes something that you seem to lack to pull that off: tact and intelligence and maturity.

And if you think that I'm a "PC-Cunt" for calling you out as immature knuckle-draggers with the IQ that matches the content of a pod of peas, then ask yourselves the question: am I joking? And if that's so, is it funny? If not, why?

Edited for typo.

Last edited by matras on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:23 am 

matras wrote:
immature knuckle-draggers with the EQ that matches the content of a pod of peas

equalizer?

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:41 pm 

So my admittingly bad joke is a horrible thing, but you seem to think it's perfectly okay to directly insult me. The sheer stupidity of this all just makes me laugh.

Enough. Shut up and move on. Let's focus on what's important here. Carcass.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:44 pm 

joppek wrote:
matras wrote:
immature knuckle-draggers with the EQ that matches the content of a pod of peas

equalizer?

I hear peas need more treble.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:21 pm 

Hey! Keep your panties on little butterfly! I was just kidding! Just a joke! Wasn't it funny?

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:24 pm 

I wasn't very excited about this news until I read that Bill Steer will be doing backing vocals and that their new drummer is the guy from Aborted, not to mention that bit about it sounding like the missing link between 'Necroticism' and 'Heartwork'. I don't really mind Michael Amott being absent, since I hate (nearly all) Arch Enemy. I'm confident that Bill Steer will come up with some good riffs, and Carcass'll deliver a solid album. *fingers crossed*

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:40 pm 

Early, pre-Angela Arch Enemy is genuinely great. The first few Angela records are good for the most part, but they started having gas pains around Rise of the Tyrant. They acquired food poisoning and shit the entire bed many times over with Khaos Legions, their descent into "Lazy ass band who has a big breasted singer riding on the notoriety of said breasts" complete.

Civil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:42 pm 

It's gonna be good folks. Don't worry. :-)

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:54 pm 

It's gonna be bad but I won't care.

This band released some of the greatest grind ever but there is no real hope for them to change their minds and return to that style. Their approach to heavy metal is fucking horrible imo.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Civil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:45 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
It's gonna be bad but I won't care.

This band released some of the greatest grind ever but there is no real hope for them to change their minds and return to that style. Their approach to heavy metal is fucking horrible imo.

How can you be so sure of what it is going to sound like?

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:51 pm 

I'm sure it won't "sound" like any of their first three albums. Why should it?

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:39 pm 

I guess I'm one of the only lucky guys here who actually enjoys all eras of Carcass. Well, I've actually never checked out Swansong, but I love Heartwork and of course all the early shit. That being the case, I'd be surprised if this new album isn't directly up my alley :)

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:11 pm 

Erotetic wrote:
I'll give it a listen, hoping for a Heartwork/Swansong sound. (I still can't believe "Blood Splattered Banner" was an unreleased Swansong track. wtf were they thinking?!)

I agree. I really like the first 5 songs on (1996) Carcass - Wake Up And Smell The Carcass.

Civil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:45 pm 

It's not going to sound like Swansong much. Neither Bill or Jeff like that album all that much. They don't hate it, but they want/are playing death metal and grindcore again.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:53 pm 

I can actually see the band getting a bit faster than they were on Necroticism and Heartwork since they have a more speedy drummer now.

kalervon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:01 am 

As much as I think that Amott lost it with Arch Enemy (and after he did recycle some old Carcass riffs with them in the early 2000s either out of sheer laziness or in order to cash-in on nostalgia), I don't think that Walker and Steer can come up with another Necroticism or Heartwork by themselves. It was the combination of Amott's "commercial" sound with their (+Owen's) grindcore songwriting, in good balance, which created the sound and shaped the songs on these two records.

I can't imagine either Walker/Steer recording a new grindcore album à la Symphonies of Sicknes. And if they did, would it be sincere? Two men in their mid-40s doing this kind of music after a 23 years hiatus of playing other genres?! Unlike other bands like Napalm Death which never stopped playing extreme metal and never completely evacuated their early sound for more than a few consecutive years.

If it's like any of the old stuff, I'll believe it was engineered just to exploit nostalgia and acquire a new generation of fans. If it's of a different genre I'll assume it's been made with passion but I may not necessary like it. So I'm pessimistic all the way, but nevertheless curious.

Stabwound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:56 pm 

So what's the news on this album? Are they having trouble finding a label? I noticed Earache has been uploading the Pathologist's Report documentary to their youtube channel over the past month. Come on, give them a deal.

logan6511
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:19 pm 

I hope is more in the likes of Heartwork, since M.Ammott is part of it I believe thats where they would be going with it. At this point anything else would probably be less successful...at least in the US.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:16 pm 

logan6511 wrote:
I hope is more in the likes of Heartwork, since M.Ammott is part of it I believe thats where they would be going with it. At this point anything else would probably be less successful...at least in the US.

Except he isn't part of the reunion anymore. The band currently consists of Bill, Jeff, and Daniel Wilding.

Being "successful" in the States doesn't mean anything, certainly not to a band like Carcass whose name and legacy alone drives interest to them on a worldwide scale.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

red_blood_inside
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:30 pm 

Just hope they do something good, I love their work with a few exceptions (swansong and some early unlistenable shit), on the other hand, I hope they don´t do as Morbid Angel did...
Not hearsay but the will of man

Conservationism
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:07 am 

The Carcass guys have low self-esteem issues, so once they got good at their instruments, they drifted toward showing off. I don't know if the world needs another Heartwork, which was kind of a boring album if you think about it.

AuditaTremendi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:51 am 

I don't need a new Carcass album. The last good one was "Necroticism..." the 2 after that are horrible. That's not Carcass anymore.
Same goes for all those once great bands who released great stuff early on and then discovered that they were sounding "immature". Yuurgh.
Tiamat,Paradise Lost,Morgoth,Pestilence,Gorefest,The Gathering,you name it. If you change your style so drastically,please change your bandname as well.

Conservationism
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 am 

AuditaTremendi wrote:
If you change your style so drastically, please change your bandname as well.

I think this is always good advice. That way, you don't burn your existing fans and mislead those who like your new material into thinking your older material is for them also.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:47 pm 

Finally some people that talk some sense. Totally agree with name change.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:13 pm 

If a band does that and stops playing old songs live as a result, I don't want it.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next