Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:07 am 

Did anyone else not receive their stuff yet from the Stormspell Black friday sale a week ago, the guy isn't located too far from where I live and I'm sure the amount of orders he received was substantial. But its been a while and I still haven't got anything, what about anyone else?

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:55 am 

As this thread was locked previously, so per recommendation I'm moving it here. I found Opeth's last.fm page in the following state this morning.

The Shoutbox:

Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:58 am 

:lol:

Those comments. It's worse than youtube.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 am 

Okay. Right. Very creative.

ANUS wrote:
Calling Opeth gay is an insult to homosexuals

I think if your humor sensibility is worse than ANUS' you need to reconsider some things. (@d999: The "you" is plural here)

Though I have to admit that its sheer stupidity is somewhat amusing.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 am 

That's fucking childish, my god.

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:07 am 

It is very childish, yes. But as inhumanist said: the sheer stupidity is amusing. It looks like the troll doesn't exactly aprroves of Opeth's new style.... did he hack their page or something like that? Keep in mind that I don't know anything about Last.fm.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:19 am 

You can just upload them, the shown one is the one with the most votes.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:22 am 

Ah, I see. Well, negative 200 points for the one who uploaded and all who liked it then.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:32 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
It is very childish, yes. But as inhumanist said: the sheer stupidity is amusing. It looks like the troll doesn't exactly aprroves of Opeth's new style.... did he hack their page or something like that? Keep in mind that I don't know anything about Last.fm.

There are a few Java exploits I know of which could do such a thing, but this looks more like a group effort. Probably the work of a /mu/ raid.

doomster999

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:38 am 

iAm wrote:
There are a few Java exploits I know of which could do such a thing, but this looks more like a group effort. Probably the work of a /mu/ raid.

Yes, definitely. There was a troll group called Kroegerian Brotherhood on last.fm. Apparently it's banned now.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

doomster999

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:43 am 

You guys should listen to some parody songs made by the trolls. It seems they are very professional. :-D

All songs with lyrics are available here:
Official Akerstache channel on youtube

For instance this is a parody of Windowpane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZHnZTt ... ature=plcp

Last.fm

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:07 am 

Just got raped on fees while buying a ticket to see my bloody valentine in March. £25 face value, £4 booking fee, £5.15 delivery fee and £1.50 ticket insurance. Couldn't really afford it, but didn't want it to sell out

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 am 

Veracs wrote:
Did anyone else not receive their stuff yet from the Stormspell Black friday sale a week ago, the guy isn't located too far from where I live and I'm sure the amount of orders he received was substantial. But its been a while and I still haven't got anything, what about anyone else?

I haven't yet, but I'm in Canada, so I'm not expecting them for a while. I do know of one other person who ordered and he got his this week (he's in the US).

I would just give it time because he received an insane number of orders and it's nearing Christmas so the mail is slower. Also, if you ordered the new Air Raid or Rocka Rollas (both of which are killer), they would be shipped on December 4 instead of sometime earlier.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:18 am 

Just found this clip of Blaze Bayley and Doro Pesch singing Fear of the Dark, backed up by an orchestra. I think the joy in me might have produced a small aneurysm.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:20 pm 

There was a similar cover thing a month ago or so with Deathspell Omega's SMRC. The cover was some dude shitting in the woods and said "Si Latrina Requires, Circumspice" instead. I giggled a bit.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:25 pm 

Spiner202 wrote:
Veracs wrote:

I haven't yet, but I'm in Canada, so I'm not expecting them for a while. I do know of one other person who ordered and he got his this week (he's in the US).

I would just give it time because he received an insane number of orders and it's nearing Christmas so the mail is slower. Also, if you ordered the new Air Raid or Rocka Rollas (both of which are killer), they would be shipped on December 4 instead of sometime earlier.

Sounds good. I've never ordered with him before, so I didn't know what to expect. I hope they come in!

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:56 pm 

I never liked Sabaton, but Napero's review of Carolus Rex really makes me want to check 'em out again. However, the other positive reviews haven't made me want to do that. Does that mean I'm highly susceptible to authority?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:32 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:

Before Heritage, Opeth was a raw bestial black metal band.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:47 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
I never liked Sabaton, but Napero's review of Carolus Rex really makes me want to check 'em out again. However, the other positive reviews haven't made me want to do that. Does that mean I'm highly susceptible to authority?

No. You're susceptible to propaganda, ranting, and maybe illogical storylines.

Thank you, anyway.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:22 pm 

Yeah I did the same thing, wound up not liking it too much. Though again it shows how good Nappy is at what he does.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:49 pm 

That's not a surprise; what I intended to say, but failed to do because I got distracted due to reasons and beer and history lessons, was that my liking of the album is a personal thing related to good memories of live gigs, the endearing Swedish character of the whole, my kids adoring the album, and the historical context. Please remember that there are two power metal bands I enjoy: Sabaton and Iron Savior. The rest is crap.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 pm 

So Pseudogod kicks a whole lot of ass. Um...yeah. That's all I got for right this minute.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:07 pm 

What happened to the sold listings feature on ebay?

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
So Pseudogod kicks a whole lot of ass. Um...yeah. That's all I got for right this minute.

Yep. There's a new 7" listed in SSP's upcoming releases.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:41 pm 

Napero wrote:
That's not a surprise; what I intended to say, but failed to do because I got distracted due to reasons and beer and history lessons, was that my liking of the album is a personal thing related to good memories of live gigs, the endearing Swedish character of the whole, my kids adoring the album, and the historical context. Please remember that there are two power metal bands I enjoy: Sabaton and Iron Savior. The rest is crap.

You're an odd fellow, Nappy. Personally, I find there are loads of bands who I enjoy in a live setting who also end up being rather tedious when listening to their studio stuff (Testament is as good an example as any here). As such I'd never give them a high rating for a studio release. For a better example, Sick of it All are great fun live and I'd recommend seeing them live to most fans of loud, angry music... but a studio album of theirs would bore me to tears. As a side-note: Sabaton always struck me as Grave Digger's younger, retarded brother. Needless to say I'm not a fan. You did admit that they were kinda crappy in the review, though, right? :P

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:48 pm 

Numerator_41 wrote:
Under_Starmere wrote:

Yep. There's a new 7" listed in SSP's upcoming releases.

Sounds dudeical... only what's up with them releasing all these scattered one/two/three-track offerings? Seems like it'd be better to just collect such things into a smaller number of EPs. ...I guess it's good for more consistent visibility if you're not that prolific, but speaking personally, I'm a lot more apt to actually check out a release if there are a significant amount of tracks on it. Small releases tend to fall through the cracks.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:21 pm 

D....dudeical? :scratch:

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:21 pm 

Just came back from Chile
10/10 country would visit again

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:24 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
D....dudeical? :scratch:

Yeah, what :|

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:36 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Sounds dudeical... only what's up with them releasing all these scattered one/two/three-track offerings? Seems like it'd be better to just collect such things into a smaller number of EPs. ...I guess it's good for more consistent visibility if you're not that prolific, but speaking personally, I'm a lot more apt to actually check out a release if there are a significant amount of tracks on it. Small releases tend to fall through the cracks.

The only one I really had a problem with was that fucking split 12" with Morbosidad. One song from each band clocking in at like seven minutes total...was a 12" really necessary?

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:20 pm 

Well, this page has been pure fail.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:50 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Well, this page has been pure fail.

Your mom is pure fail.

OH HO HO ZIIIIIIIIING.

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:37 pm 

I... I think I'm going insane, anyone else see a post by sortalikeadream a minute ago?
Anybody else have problems listening to certain shit they like?
Disfear and Dismember are badass, but I can't get through two songs of the albums I got by them, as soon as the opener is over it's like "damn that kicked so much ass... wait theres... 11 more tracks!!! Fuck me this is too long, *turns on Sunn O)))*"

Maybe its a Swedish thing.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:55 pm 

Your not. He moved it to the video game thread.
edit: Considering I live in an apartment with no basement, you could be.

Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 am 

So, I was browsing the net, and realised Lacrimosa released a new album... I'm just kind of curious how everyone feels about them, since many (MANY) metalheads I know dislike them. They are called Lacrimoda (something like Lacri-fashion, which of course doesn't come up right in English) due to all the pseudo gothic girls that listen to them... Whatever, I still like them, and consider them a very solid band. And I don't know, this might deserve it's own thread, but why make a fuzz of this??? :lol:

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:04 am 

So Tyranny is Wormphlegm, eh? Thank goodness iTunes is here to check my non-related-bands-investigating ass with recommendations and make me remember to hear things. Definitely one of the better chance discoveries in recent times... I love the way these guys work their vocal production, in both projects. Thus far Tyranny seems to live up far better to what Catacombs promised (and subsequently utterly failed) to deliver.

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:10 am 

I always hate when I figure out five bands I love all share a member, especially when I only found three of them recently.
Fucking Stormcrow, not telling me their guitarist fucked shit up hard in Brainoil.
And Behold The Arctopus, not telling me Colin is just THE baddest motherfucker alive.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:12 am 

I enjoy Tyranny. The way the guitars are produced give them a weird sort of ambient feel. I can't think of many other funeral doom bands like that.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:17 am 

Yeah...I've been on a significant doom kick recently and am more than gratified to be able to throw a new addition as massive as this onto the programme.

...Hold on, why do we have no Cthulhu smiley? THIS WILL NOT STAND.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:28 am 

I've been on a doom roll as well but more Iommi-inspired doom. Of late, I just got into Church of Misery. What a band. Your thoughts on CoM?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 705, 706, 707, 708, 709, 710, 711 ... 827  Next