Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
AblackanatioN
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:02 pm 

From Hells Headbangers site:

HELLS HEADBANGERS officially confirms that underground legends DECEASED will release their next (7th!) full-length album through the label. Set for release later on in 2013 through HELLS HEADBANGERS on both CD and LP formats, the next DECEASED album will be titled Ghostly White and shall feature the following tracklisting:

Tracklisting for DECEASED's Ghostly White
1) The Shivers
2) In A Quiet Town
3) Mr's Allardyce
4) The Germ Of Distorted Lore
5) To Serve The Insane
6) Poor Jessica's Drifted Away
7) A Palpitation's Warning
Founding frontman King Fowley had the following to say about DECEASED's forthcoming Ghostly White: "This record will be a very produced musical journey that will capture the complete morbid side of DECEASED. If we do what we are setting out to do, it will ooze of dark melody without forgetting the rough aggressive edges and catchiness in the songwriting that we've kept in our sound since day one. There will be a complete haunting aura throughout the record! A few songs will be lengthy tracks, including a 15-minute ride. Fitting interludes will lock in the actual tracks, and little jolts of madness will also rear their ugly heads from time to time. This is a musical adventure we've been waiting to take, and now's the time. Get out your woolen overcoats, the funeral is about to begin...."

DECEASED were formed in Arlington, Virginia in 1985 and have stood the test of time as one of the most unique and enduring underground metal bands around, with a sound that honors both classic death metal and traditional heavy metal alike. The first band to sign with Relapse Records, DECEASED released a stream of classic albums during the '90s for the label, culminating in 2000's Supernatural Addiction. During the Noughties, the band would release a prolific string of splits and compilations as well as two more celebrated albums, with their last one - 2011's Surreal Overdose - being entirely self-released on CD. Although Ghostly White will mark the first brand-new DECEASED studio effort to see release through HELLS HEADBANGERS, the band's relationship with the label stretches back to the past decade, as HELLS HEADBANGERS has licensed many DECEASED releases on vinyl, including the aforementioned Surreal Overdose on LP.

I for one am extremely excited about this release, this band can do no wrong in my opinion. I was just listening to "The Blueprints for Madness" today and decided to check up on the band. I had no idea that they just signed with Hells Headbangers, great move on their part. What are your guys thoughts on the upcoming album, the signing to a new label, really anything related to the band?

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:11 am 

I love their mixture of death and melodic heavy metal, definitely one of the most innovative bands I've heard in old school death metal from the states. I've only scratched the surface with their stuff but each album I hear its a wonder why it took me so long to get into their stuff.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 am 

I hope it's better than blueprints for madness...that album is mostly unbearable.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:04 am 

I find your lack of faith disturbing... all Deceased is exceptional.

MaelstromMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:16 am 

Great news! Deceased never fails to deliver and after the six year wait for Surreal Overdose, I'm glad to see they've got a new one lined up so quickly.

rabidmadman wrote:
I hope it's better than blueprints for madness...that album is mostly unbearable.

o_O Blueprints was 18 years ago and their sound has progressed a lot since, why would you expect this to sound anything like it?

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:06 am 

Blueprints is a legendary album. Yes the orignal mix was a little weird, King Fowley goes into great length on how the band had too much artist freedom to tweak the mix, due to self producing and the formula came out a little off. However, the songs on Blueprints are nothing but awesome. Creek of the Dead, Island of the Unknown, The Triangle, Into the Bizarre all perfrect death thrash. If you have or have only heard the the orignal press try looking for the Thrash Corner Re-issue or the one on Shreiks From The Hearse. The sound has been cleaned up by the band and it's a definite improvement.

Anyway if Ghostly White is half as good as Surreal Overdose is, this will be "The Album" for me in 2013.

Up the Tombstones Image

AblackanatioN
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 pm 

Blueprints was actually the first album that I heard from this band. At first I was a little put off because I came in expecting more traditional guttural death metal vocals. But after numerous listens, the vocal style grew on me and so did the album. I actually consider it one of their less accessible albums, not even because of the production (I own the Thrash Corner version, haven't heard the original mix) but just because of how bizarre the album sounds. King Fowley mentions in the liner notes that he was big into ELP at the time, and I think it shows in how the songs are constructed, odd time signatures, keyboards, etc.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:06 pm 

rabidmadman wrote:

I hope the next Behemoth sounds better than From the Pagan Vastlands!

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
I hope the next Behemoth sounds better than From the Pagan Vastlands!

:lol:

I'm really looking forward to this album. I know that King is dedicated to his craft, and he wouldn't release an album he thought was sub-par. They've been consistently great since at least 'Fearless Undead Machines', and I'd be willing to say that 'Luck of the Corpse' and 'The Blueprints for Madness' were great albums too. But starting with 'Fearless...' they've been unstoppable.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:28 pm 

Interesting how King Fowley's been writing more "progressive" songs as Deceased's career has rolled on. Granted, longer song lengths are by no means foreign to their catalog, but a 15-minute monster isn't something I would have expected as this point. Still, there's a balance in their mixture of death, thrash, and traditional heavy metal that gives them a handful of directions to take an epic like that. Like others, I too am glad they're getting back at it again this quickly in spite of more bandmember changes but then again, it's been pretty much a revolving door over the years. Is that a fair assessment?

I only have Surreal Overdose and the Supernatural Addiction/Behind the Mourner's Veil compilation and am keen on getting the rest of their studio albums, but I've also seen that some have been given the remix/remaster treatment as well. Can anyone give any insight as to how they compare with the originals and which are worth tracking down?

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Shadoeking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:39 pm 

All Deceased is awesome. I am looking forward to this.

metalistkrieg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:53 pm 

Cool beans. Fuckin loved Surreal Overdose looking forward to this one.

Reply to topic