Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
mad_submarine
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:30 pm 

Well, I didn't want to start a thread for this, but as I happen to read more and more awful reviews..

I think that moderators (or whoever approves the reviews) should pay more attention to what they approve. Because there is a hell of terribly written reviews, what I mean is - gramatically incorrect, a lot of spelling mistakes.. I know that nobody is flawless and two or three mistakes in a review are okay, but there really are very badly written stuff on this site. I have seen mistakes even in my own writings that were published that contained many mistakes.. and there are older reviews (like 7-8 years old) that contain several words and absolutely no description..

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:33 pm 

Older reviews are generally not as good as newer ones, merely because the standards weren't as high or weren't enforced. I'm pretty sure that a lot of the mods here pay close attention to the reviews currently in the queue. Sometimes people slip up, because even moderators are only human, but in the end they do a pretty good job.

I'd suggest posting specific reviews that you found extremely bad in this thread.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:38 pm 

Yep, that's a very useless thread and I find it insulting that you say we should pay more attention (because things are different from 8 years ago). As one of the most active review mods, I do pay attention and I know the others are doing the same thing.

If you want us to delete some reviews, use this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4153 it was created for that purpose. There's 70 000 reviews on the site, of course some are still from the early days of the site and they don't fit the standards of today.

Thanks Pronogo.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.