Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:55 am 

I just realized that Necroticism got his name from the Carcass album of the same name.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:00 am 

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:04 am 

:lol: So far this page has been pure win. Also, nothing has better riffs than sadistic MikeyC.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Thashierthanthou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:41 am 

Metantoine wrote:

I'll put the trophy next to my 3st place medal.
Spoiler: show

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:06 am 

TimeCube, you've been officially dethroned.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 am 

Sadistic MikeyC were Sad Ex's inspiration...

Flying out for New Zealand tomorrow :hyper: cannot wait!! It's bloody hot as hell here (high thirties and pushing into 40+ deg cel tomorrow), will be glad for some cooler weather.

My collection

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 am 

darkeningday wrote:

"Destroying atheism has become so easy for me it literally doesnt require much effort anymore. I know my arguments inside and out so well that ever single thing an atheist says now im two-three steps ahead of. I havent't had anyone come close in a long time to even presenting a worthy challenge. Hopefully that person is out there. Maybe they are reading this message. My brain needs stiffer competition."

:nono:
Admittedly I am not an athiest, per se, but whomever this is is a tool of the highest degree. And from reading the comments on this persons page, he hasn't won a single argument.

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:33 am 

Looks like he might be a Poe... Always hard to tell though.

Nowhere near as crazy as Time Cube though, just standard fundie schlock.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 am 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:
my 3st place medal.
Thashierthanthou wrote:
3st

If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:10 am 

darkeningday wrote:

Ucch. Even Pantera has better riffs than this. :nono:

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:16 am 

I have an 80 gig iPod with about only 240 mb of free space, I can't figure out what to delete and I only listen to the same 6 albums over and over. If that ain't white people problems, I don't know what the hell is. Still, it's annoying.

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:47 am 

Just got back from seeing Dianno/Bailey here in Sydney. I have to say, Bailey put on one of the best shows I think I've ever seen, he absolutely killed it.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:50 am 

Anaal Nathrakh and winterfylleth tonight - should be awesome, except I'm warding off a migraine headache atm, and have work early tomorrow, and it's a 4-5 and a half hour rd trip depending on trains. Still gonna be brutal though! My dad and uncle are meeting me there which is cool

Cinerary wrote:
I have an 80 gig iPod with about only 240 mb of free space, I can't figure out what to delete and I only listen to the same 6 albums over and over. If that ain't white people problems, I don't know what the hell is. Still, it's annoying.

Until it got stolen I had a 120GB one which I had filled up, but I didn't like deleting things on it. Back then though I'd download all the time, but try to listen to as much of it as I could, so I guess it was worth having the music there, definitely listen to more than six albums. These days I don't download much unless I know I'll listen to it, but still ended up with nearly 350GB on my harddrive before it crashed (though my dad just told me he's fixed it)

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:05 pm 

Well....time for Sad Lilly Pad [Frog] stories. Opposite of BastardHead's Hour of Power!

Brought to you By AXE body spray. AXE: "Slice your way through Pussy!"

Went out for drinks with my best friend's girlfriend, who he legitimately loves (like has been talking marriage) and whilst smoking outside of the Big Hunt bar (if any of you find yourselves in this wonderful city of ours, I shall show you this surreal place) her sister calls and says she's throwing a party. So, away we go! We arrive there, many drinks are consumed, I meet many new people (some totally bro and excellent, others totally self-aware and douchey) and win several games of beer pong with a death cup (BECAUSE I'M FUCKING LEGIT AT BP BRO - COME AT ME). After a long night of cavorting and merriment, we decide to watch a movie dun, dun, DUN! and naturally, most people start going to bed. It was some god-awful horror movie, and were the only ones up.

Cut to the chase...burying the lead. We ended up making out quite a bit, starting to fool around...and had to physically stop from doing anything more several times, and it could've really easily turned into something else...and then literally slept together [NO SEX]. We both felt terrible and while things aren't awkward between us (this morning was quite pleasant), I find myself (as does she) in the shittiest, most cliche'd literary/movie trope there is...and I feel even more like a fuck than I normally do. Ugh.

The worst part is I don't want to ruin anything between them, or our friendship, or my friendship with my dude. I'm not even concerned if she tells him, I told her she could, I would take the brunt of his anger - but the worst thing is it would destroy him. I would be fucking crushed if we stopped being mates because of this, but feel way worse for how sad it would make him (clarity's sake, he lives back in Cleveland). Now, it's just got me wondering if she would've done this with anyone else, hell I even asked her the night of, both drunkenly speaking. She said no, and part of me really believes her. But, I don't know what to do. We both decided to bury it...but that's just gonna sit with me forever. Fucking, fuck, fuck. This is quite a pickle.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Last edited by PhilosophicalFrog on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:11 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog is just a normal MA poster. His best friend's girlfriend just wanted to have a fun night out on the town, but after having some drinks, she bit off way more than she could chew.

It's The Princess and The Froggy. Rated PG-13.
Rated PG-13 for sexual dialogue, language, a scene of violence, and hipster elements.

Obligatory Last FM Link

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:17 pm 

Now this Frog's in....some hot water

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:44 pm 

Philosophical fag?

:oh shit:

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:23 pm 

You're a horribly bad friend, dude. Not "truly, horribly bad" since you had the balls to stop before it got any further, but still horribly bad.

That said, I've been in the same situation before, and it truly sucks. Good thing is that after beating you up and being in non-speaking terms for about four months, the girl will do something worse to him, and after their breakup your friend will come back and tell you "nah, it was her fault and she wasn't worth it. Let's go drinking, since I've missed you" or something along those lines. Just keep your head up and stay calm.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Last edited by OpsiusCato on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:24 pm 

What are some bands that have members that have dreadlocks? No need to mention Chris Barnes or any nu-metal band.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:27 pm 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
What are some bands that have members that have dreadlocks? No need to mention Chris Barnes or any nu-metal band.

Bad Brains, Shadows Fall, and just about every reggae or calypso group on the planet.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:27 pm 

Shadows Fall is the obvious answer

Karyn Crisis had some too, as did Twelve Tribes' vocalist

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:49 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog can't help it if women throw themselves at him. He starts talking about the novel he's been writing at starbucks about the failing love story between a woman torn about wether to stay with her man or follow her dreams and a man who dreams of the ocean and their panties spontaneously combust.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Thashierthanthou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:57 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:
Thashierthanthou wrote:
my 3st place medal.
Thashierthanthou wrote:
3st

In the spoiler was this image that some reason wasn't showing up.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:00 pm 

:lol:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:28 pm 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20561615

Just dropping this here, because I want one.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:42 pm 

"I'll do it with minimal casualties to the indigenous. I'll drive 'em out with gas first. It'll be humane. More or less."

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:59 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20561615

Just dropping this here, because I want one.

I doubt I could pilot one of those while maintaining safety for the outside environment since I'd just have a shit-eating grin on my face the entire time.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:03 pm 

Since the last week or so I've been realising how a hard time I have committing myself to things. I'm 19 now and even though it's something to be ashamed of I suppose, I just can't help it. When it comes to school I always do the things that I have to do at the very last moment, although I often manage to pull this off decently which means I end up with decent grades. Commitment also influences my guitar playing. Instead of practicing different things for a total of 45 minutes I often end up playing own shit for 2 hours straight. :lol: I guess I'll slowly have to change myself when it comes to this.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:40 pm 

xThe__Wizard wrote:

Amorphis singer Tomi Joutsen has very long dreads. Terrence Hobbs of Suffo has smaller dreads.

In Flames singer... Oh right, you said no nu metal. Besides he has probably cut those off by now. The last thing I saw about him was his shirt that said [LINK]IN FLAMES.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:44 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Since the last week or so I've been realising how a hard time I have committing myself to things. I'm 19 now and even though it's something to be ashamed of I suppose, I just can't help it. When it comes to school I always do the things that I have to do at the very last moment, although I often manage to pull this off decently which means I end up with decent grades. Commitment also influences my guitar playing. Instead of practicing different things for a total of 45 minutes I often end up playing own shit for 2 hours straight. :lol: I guess I'll slowly have to change myself when it comes to this.

Tell me about it.... I'm working on a 15 page geography/history essay right now. And while it's pretty easy, I always get distracted by literally everything. Mostly by music and drumming, but also by completely random things. Like a bird in the back garden.... Atleast the essay is about something interesting. Namely the Australian immigration waves. I'll probably find myself in a couple of weeks frantically trying to piece this thing together.... Ah well, it always worked out that way.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:50 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Under_Starmere wrote:
Wormphlegm's Tomb of the Ancient King definitely has a lot on this conversation. Way better riffs, production values, and especially vocals.

:???: :???: :???: :???:
How is a Finnish funeral doom metal band relevant to ... orchid mantises?

Everything dude.

My orchid mantises love funeral doom.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:55 pm 

I finished high school today. It feels like.....

It feels like there's something I forgot to do.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:56 pm 

Speaking of Joutsen...Any time I get pre-concert jitters (I do vocals) I watch a few videos of Amorphis playing live. That guy is a fucking BEAST.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:01 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:

Last year I forgot to take my gym clothes out of my locker..... I'm pretty sure I created a species of planet killing mutant bacteria.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:08 pm 

Nah, it's not about that type of thing. I mean..... Do you ever get the feeling that you have some kind of unfinished business? That's what I'm talking about. Can't put my finger on what it is though.....

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:45 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:

Returned Library books? My parents are cleaning out my room while I'm at uni, they've found some from the school I was at from the ages of 4-8. Hate to think what the debts would be if they were normal library books. :p

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:57 pm 

So I'm going to see Neil Young tonight with my folks. I'm incredibly excited for this, he's one of my favorite musicians of all time and who knows how much longer he'll be touring.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

FlaPack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:58 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Went out for drinks with my best friend's girlfriend . . . But, I don't know what to do. We both decided to bury it...but that's just gonna sit with me forever. Fucking, fuck, fuck. This is quite a pickle.

My best friend, his long time girlfriend (5 years) and I planned an end of the summer, last hurrah before back to the books sort of vacation to the Bahamas circa 2000. Friend decides to drop out of college and move back home and "oh, by the way, I can't make it to the islands next week." Seriously, who does that? Long story short, a girl, a guy, sharing a hotel room and a couple gallons of rum on a tropical island. It was kind of inevitable. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Longer story short, 9 years married, 2 kids and he's still my best friend (yeah, there was a couple of years of intense weirdness there but small price to pay right, especially when he's paying most of it, yeah I'm a dick).

Moral of the story: your insipid and tardy bro-yalty just cost you your happy ending. Might as well give up now and go find your chair at the end of the bar. And you can go ahead and start looking for a liver donor while you're at it. It's inevitable.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:06 pm 

So while I was going through Vsauce's DONGS on YouTube, and I came across this site called The Dialectizer. I translated the whole board into a moronic language, and presto! the board written in a moronic way.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:07 pm 

I think Frog just needs his friend to secretly be into cuckoldry.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 698, 699, 700, 701, 702, 703, 704 ... 827  Next