Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:04 pm 

Suppose someone owns an album in a certain format (ex. CD) and they'd like to own it in another, such as vinyl ... with the current format of the site, one can only list a release in one category at any given time, and although trivial, I believe that allowing releases in multiple categories at the same time would be a worthy update to the site.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 pm 

I agree. I wanted to mention it the other day, I forgot :/ Good call. When a album is in my trade list, it's still in my collection. It doesn't make any sense to remove it from there. We'll see what's the consensus about that.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:03 am 

The collection feature will no doubt be updated when we support multiple album formats. For now, though, no changes are planned.

Metantoine wrote:
I agree. I wanted to mention it the other day, I forgot :/ Good call. When a album is in my trade list, it's still in my collection. It doesn't make any sense to remove it from there. We'll see what's the consensus about that.

That's not at all what he's talking about... and uh what is the problem, albums in your trade list still show up in your collection, it just has a checkmark on it... hell all the items in my collections are trade-only: http://www.metal-archives.com/collections/Morrigan

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:09 am 

Uh, nevermind. I was looking at my collection while I was logged in, it works differently.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:00 am 

Morrigan wrote:
The collection feature will no doubt be updated when we support multiple album formats.
That'll be interesting, multiple album formats ...

Metantoine wrote:
Uh, nevermind. I was looking at my collection while I was logged in, it works differently.
Yeah, "My Collection" does appear differently than simply clicking on the collection of another user (or viewing your own by clicking your name).

Reply to topic