Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Axalcathu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:46 pm 

According to their statement on facebook, all instruments and vocals are recorded. Also AETERNUS gonna play on KARMOYGEDDON Fest ANd INFERNO Festival next year. All details here http://www.facebook.com/Aeternusofficial?ref=ts&fref=ts

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:22 pm 

yep saw that myself earlier.
was about time.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:22 am 

Here's to hoping it's worth a damn. It's been six years since the last one so one can always hope, but only the title track on HeXaeon was any good so I'm not holding my breath.

Axalcathu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:05 am 

I've heard excerts of this, it sounds fast and brutal,something reminds me Ascension Of Terror, it was a great album! For those who still dream about returning to Beyond The Wandering Moon and And So The Night Became - forget about this, evolution works for all!

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:01 pm 

Evolution doesn't work for all silly. Aeternus are by no means bad nowadays but their best records will always be those first two lps, and that is from a fan.

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:07 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
Evolution doesn't work for all silly. Aeternus are by no means bad nowadays but their best records will always be those first two lps, and that is from a fan.

I have to agree with this but I will definitely be getting this album. I still like a lot of what they did post 1999.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:11 am 

Axalcathu wrote:
I've heard excerts of this, it sounds fast and brutal,something reminds me Ascension Of Terror, it was a great album! For those who still dream about returning to Beyond The Wandering Moon and And So The Night Became - forget about this, evolution works for all!

I don't imagine they'll be able to re-capture that magic, just hoping that they'd produce something that I'd actually want to listen. By your description it sounds too bad though. On their later albums it's the slow and atmospheric that they've done better, rather than the fast and brutal. Also, evolution doesn't work out for all, only the fittest.

Axalcathu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:26 pm 

MacMoney wrote:
Axalcathu wrote:

I don't imagine they'll be able to re-capture that magic, just hoping that they'd produce something that I'd actually want to listen. By your description it sounds too bad though. On their later albums it's the slow and atmospheric that they've done better, rather than the fast and brutal. Also, evolution doesn't work out for all, only the fittest.

Let's wait for release, I've heard only two 15-second excerts)) Hope, all of us, fans of Aeternus, gonna be satisfied with new album. You may check out these excerts on their youtube and myspace pages.

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:19 pm 

i actually quite like their last few albums. Hexaeon was not as good as a darker monument though.

Axalcathu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm 

A Darker Monument was a very monolithic stuff, sounded like a concrete wall. HeXaeon sounds differently, more like a fusion of styles.

Metalmeistermms
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:59 pm 

About time indeed!

I actually think that Shadows of Old and Ascension of Terror are their best works (even beating the first two records). Darker Monument was decent, but Hexaeon didn't really do much for me. Hopefully they'll be able to turn out another great album. Furthermore I really hope this one gets picked up by a decent label and that they get enough support to do a proper tour. Does anyone know who's going to bring out the new album?
Awaiting our reign

Axalcathu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:03 am 

Dark Essence/Karisma, same label which issued HeXaeon. Also they managed TAAKE, HELHEIM and others. According to last news, AETERNUS are planning to make tour in Germany on February. Lucky Germans!

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:09 am 

It would be awesome to see Aeternus come to the USA in support of this album. I'm not surprised to see them touring Europe, though.

Axalcathu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:42 pm 

Aeternus announced their German tour (February 2013) and performed new session bassist http://www.facebook.com/Aeternusofficial

orionmetalhead wrote:
It would be awesome to see Aeternus come to the USA in support of this album. I'm not surprised to see them touring Europe, though.

But their last tour has been 6 years ago)))

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:48 pm 

im happy i saw most of their gig june last year where they played just material from the first 2 albums.

Axalcathu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:27 pm 

You're lucky! Now I'm looking for this event http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater This will be glorious return!

Axalcathu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:19 pm 

So, last news - mastering and artwork for a new album is complete. Waiting for a date of issue!

Reply to topic