Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Braindisorder
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 3
Location: Indonesia
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:09 am 
 

Hell'o :)
About 2 days ago my submission's band was rejected. Maybe I was doing mistakes or anything else that I didn't know. Look, I'm a newbie. This is my first posting. :D
Now I was try to complete information about the band. I hope I was right and still waiting approval from moderators.
Please check it.
Thanx

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:29 am 
 

Has your band actually released something physical, like a tape, CD, CDr, or DVD?

If not, please don't bother submitting. We need a band to have a physical release before they can be accepted - it's very clearly explained in the rules, if you care to read. :D

EDIT: Actually. Wait. I just noticed you were trying to submit a blacklisted band. Please see the rejection message and DON'T try that again.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
blackbloodraised
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:38 pm
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:30 am 
 

How do I add the line up and discography of a band?
If I do not I can not publish

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:47 am 
 

blackbloodraised wrote:
How do I add the line up and discography of a band?
If I do not I can not publish

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are you talking about a band draft, or a band you submitted that's already on the site?

To add a line-up:
Click the "Members" tab and click the "Edit" button on the right-hand side of the centre table.

To edit the discography:
Click the "Discography" tab and click the "Add" button on the right-hand side, in the same position as the button mentioned above.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Braindisorder
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 3
Location: Indonesia
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:49 am 
 

Yes, of course we have physical released, and I was fiiled the discography and photos too.
Am I wrong doing that?
Sorry, it's confusing me :(

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:39 am 
 

Braindisorder wrote:
Yes, of course we have physical released, and I was fiiled the discography and photos too.
Am I wrong doing that?
Sorry, it's confusing me :(

Okay, listen: At first, I didn't know what band you were referring to. So I had a look, because generally when a user doesn't know why a band was rejected, it's because they didn't provide the sort of proof that we're looking for.

Now, as it so happens, this band was already submitted by another user, and it was rejected/blacklisted because it was mostly crust/punk-based grindcore. You actually shouldn't have been able to submit that band in the first place... but because you used a different spelling ("Anak Setan" instead of "Anaksetan"), it wasn't blocked by the blacklist. So the reason I rejected your draft THIS time is for a different reason. Do you understand?
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Braindisorder
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 3
Location: Indonesia
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:08 am 
 

I understand, so what should I have to do?

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:26 am 
 

Delete the draft and forget about trying to submit the band.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:43 am 
 

ParoxysmXX: As Alhadis said, your dursting and the blacklisting are independent from each other. Obviously we don't bar bands entirely for one idiotic user. Even if said user is a member of the band.

ParoxysmXX wrote:
A band does not have to make metal and only metal to be considered a metal band.

To put this as accurately and comprehensibly as I can... your band is about as metal as Abba.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:44 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
To put this as accurately and comprehensibly as I can... your band is about as metal as Abba.

Ahem. I resent that. :violin:



... wait, I read that wrong. :D Nevermind.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
blackbloodraised
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:38 pm
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:38 pm 
 

The insertion of Legione in Metal Archives yet been rejected for the following reason:

"Highly suspicious rehearsal demo. I do not buy it!"

Could you explain why?
Legione have currently released the rehearsal tape, there is also a picture!

Grav

Top
 Profile  
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 1531
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:54 am 
 

Because it doesn't look convincing. What I saw was a cd-r with something scribbled on it and the track is untitled. Doesn't sound to me like a demo that you hand out or sell to people, it sounds more like a recorded sound check.

I've done dozens of those myself, but I don't consider them demos.
_________________
http://www.phidion.st
http://phidion.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/Phidion

Top
 Profile  
blackbloodraised
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:38 pm
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:25 pm 
 

First of all is not a CD-R but an a white rehearsal tape

Grav

Top
 Profile  
snavenai
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 2
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:54 am 
 

Hello,

I listen to a lot of other metal bands who are similarly chaotic and atonal (including some that are on Encyclopaedia Metallum, such as the early American Heritage albums and Behold the Arctopus).

In reply to the two criticisms -

1.) "This is just a chaotic mess of distortion" - That sounds like a personal opinion, which is ok, but all I can say is that I listen to a lot of similar bands, who are found in the metal section of record shops. I would have said the same thing about Burzum and Darkthrone when I was younger (who even recorded in their own homes on crackly tape recorders) but I love them now. They're both on Encyclopaedia Metallum.

2.) "...with no discernible metal riffs" - Well, the tunes were all written and move through structured sections, so the riffs are there - just with a lot of clashing notes. It's deliberately very hard music, but that was the point. It's also not that rare to have atonality in some metal genres, which are accepted.

If you need an example of a repeated metal riff, the song "Taste" starts with a build up of just one riff, to give the listener a long into before the harder stuff begins. It's a deliberately cliched doom metal riff, with the classic bend up to an augmented 4th, as popularized brilliantly by Black Sabbath.

Top
 Profile  
ParoxysmXX
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:10 am
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:51 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
ParoxysmXX: As Alhadis said, your dursting and the blacklisting are independent from each other. Obviously we don't bar bands entirely for one idiotic user. Even if said user is a member of the band.

ParoxysmXX wrote:
A band does not have to make metal and only metal to be considered a metal band.

To put this as accurately and comprehensibly as I can... your band is about as metal as Abba.


On the contrary, we're working on some highly metal material at the moment. We'll release it eventually, and then you'll have no choice but to accept us. We'll release something that's an "unambiguously metal album".

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:19 am 
 

snavenai wrote:
Hello,

I listen to a lot of other metal bands who are similarly chaotic and atonal (including some that are on Encyclopaedia Metallum, such as the early American Heritage albums and Behold the Arctopus).

In reply to the two criticisms - [..]

I agree with Morrigan. This is much closer to some noisy rock than it is to metal. The key word is metal riffs, not riffs per se. I couldn't find any, or at least not ones that play a fundamental role in your music. Same for that "deliberately cliched doom metal riff". You mean that random percussive motif revolving around two notes and a bend? I think you need to re-listen to Black Sabbath, sorry. To be perfectly frank, this sounds more like an attempt at playing metal without having much of a clue about it.

ParoxysmXX wrote:
On the contrary, we're working on some highly metal material at the moment. We'll release it eventually, and then you'll have no choice but to accept us. We'll release something that's an "unambiguously metal album".

Well, be that as it may, as of now the band is still unacceptable. Once that supposed metal album is completed and released physically you can post proof for its existence and samples from it in this thread and the band will be evaluated again. The troll odour is getting stronger and stronger with each post, though, and it looks as if you're deliberately trying to get on here, so us having "no choice but to accept [you]" couldn't be further from the truth.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 am 
 

blackbloodraised wrote:
First of all is not a CD-R but an a white rehearsal tape

Grav

How many copies are there? How are they being distributed? Can you take a picture of more than one copy visible?
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
blackbloodraised
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:38 pm
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:46 pm 
 

To Azmodes:

It 'a simple rehearsal tape that we recorded with the riffs and the drums of a new song.
It is not distributed by any distro or anything like that, as I told you it was made by us Legione.
What picture do you need?
It 'a simple white box handwritten by us

Grav

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:53 pm 
 

Distribution doesn't need to be by a label, of course. What I (and Porman) mean is, can people contact your band and obtain a copy? Do you give them away at concerts (if you play any)? We need some form of public circulation of the release. If you guys simply recorded it on one tape for your own purposes that's not enough. That's also why I was asking for a photo with more than one copy in it.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
blackbloodraised
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:38 pm
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:59 pm 
 

Ohhh yes, if anyone is interested can contact us.
This rehearsal is just the beginning, we are going to make an album within the next year and will be released only on LP for my label HOD Productions (Holocaust Of Dreams Productions).
I remind you that even with Orcrist started with just a simple reherasal given only to friends ....
If anyone is interested, the HOD is releasing Brisen "Shade Of Soul" on LP is in press...

Grav

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9624
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:14 pm 
 

That's fine, but even Orcrist would have been rejected if they had been submitted without a physical release available.

I agree with Porman and I don't think your rehearsal tape with one untitled track is a legit release. Please wait until you have your LP available before resubmitting.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
blackbloodraised
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:38 pm
Posts: 46
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:52 pm 
 

This is really bad

Grav

Top
 Profile  
snavenai
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:25 am
Posts: 2
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:18 pm 
 

You haven't addressed that I pointed out other bands who have been accepted to E.M., who are also noise based. There's a precedent.

Re. the comment: "I think you need to re-listen to Black Sabbath, sorry. To be perfectly frank, this sounds more like an attempt at playing metal without having much of a clue about it."

I thought EM was supposed to be an archive of metal, not only metal that a clique of people like? This is a personal opinion (which is fine for yourself and I respect) but not as a rule for a serious archive. I've listened to metal my whole life and love it, but having to copy another band exactly seems a bit like saying you can only be metal if you wear black. We've moved on since then, as have other bands who are already accepted by EM.

Also, I'm of course not trying to sound like Black Sabbath - I was just pointing out an example of some obviously metal riff construction, as you asked me for it. Do metal riffs all have to be complex as well? This fitting in with the clique stuff all seems a little hipster doesn't ti?

Top
 Profile  
Nagaarum
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 6:31 am
Posts: 11
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:42 pm 
 

Hi Admins!
Nagaarum (Hungary) was rejected once, because of the lack of physical format.
The CD-s are ready, and soon I (and a litle distro in Hungary) will release all the albums.
Evidence:
http://nagaarum.com/megjelent.php
Find photos.
Could you be so kind that revoke the band from the blacklist? :-)

Top
 Profile  
oogboog
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 866
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:27 pm 
 

Why did the Egyptian band Sand Aura get blacklisted? Lack of metalness? Physical release?

It looks like CD can be bought through the band's home page:
http://sandaura.yolasite.com/
_________________
wrath of poo wrote:
but not sub-genes of death metal ( like grindcore and black metal).

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9624
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:59 pm 
 

snavenai wrote:
You haven't addressed that I pointed out other bands who have been accepted to E.M., who are also noise based. There's a precedent.

Probably because this stupid fallacy is posted all the time and we're sick of it? Precedent is meaningless. If there are unacceptable bands on this site, report them and we'll delete them. They do NOT mean that a similarly unacceptable band will be accepted. Jesus fucking christ how many times do we have to say this?

Quote:
I thought EM was supposed to be an archive of metal, not only metal that a clique of people like? This is a personal opinion (which is fine for yourself and I respect) but not as a rule for a serious archive. I've listened to metal my whole life and love it, but having to copy another band exactly seems a bit like saying you can only be metal if you wear black. We've moved on since then, as have other bands who are already accepted by EM.

Also, I'm of course not trying to sound like Black Sabbath - I was just pointing out an example of some obviously metal riff construction, as you asked me for it. Do metal riffs all have to be complex as well? This fitting in with the clique stuff all seems a little hipster doesn't ti?

Derp. No. This isn't about cliques. Otherwise we wouldn't have over 80k bands listed of all genres. We rejected your band because it has pretty much nothing in common with how metal (of any kind) actually sounds. You might think that to be metal all you need are distorted guitars and pounded drums, but we don't work like that here.

Edit: oh, regarding his comment about Black Sabbath, it was in response to your "cliché doom metal riff", where you show that you have no clue as to what doom metal riffs sound like.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:16 pm 
 

To add a bit to Morrigan's response....

snavenai wrote:
Re. the comment: "I think you need to re-listen to Black Sabbath, sorry. To be perfectly frank, this sounds more like an attempt at playing metal without having much of a clue about it."

I thought EM was supposed to be an archive of metal, not only metal that a clique of people like? This is a personal opinion (which is fine for yourself and I respect) but not as a rule for a serious archive. I've listened to metal my whole life and love it, but having to copy another band exactly seems a bit like saying you can only be metal if you wear black. We've moved on since then, as have other bands who are already accepted by EM.

First of all, it's not like that's the only thing I wrote in response to your original post. Second of all, while that last bit also reflected my honest opinion about your music's quality, it isn't a "I don't like it, so rejected" but clearly (if you had posted it in context) a "I don't think it's metal, so rejected". And yes, it's my personal opinion/assessment; what else do you want me to tell you in my capacity as a moderator? It's also your personal opinion that the music is metal. And you can keep on having that opinion, that's perfectly fine, but this site does not share it.

At this point, at least two moderators are in agreement that the band does not fulfill our guidelines. (and that's putting it rather diplomatically, btw) If you record something new, release it on a physical medium and think it warrants reevaluation, you can post it here, but for now the case is closed.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:46 pm 
 

Nagaarum wrote:
Hi Admins!
Nagaarum (Hungary) was rejected once, because of the lack of physical format.
The CD-s are ready, and soon I (and a litle distro in Hungary) will release all the albums.
Evidence:
http://nagaarum.com/megjelent.php
Find photos.
Could you be so kind that revoke the band from the blacklist? :-)

Not quite, it was rejected because the music is mostly dark ambient and your more metallic releases were digital. "Lombotómia" is pure ambient from what I can hear (it's also described as such on your website). We need a physical METAL release. "Oort" (1 & 2) have doom metal elements, but they're a) not what I'd call predominant and b) both albums are digital anyway. So no, the band will stay on the blacklist.

oogboog wrote:
Why did the Egyptian band Sand Aura get blacklisted? Lack of metalness? Physical release?

It looks like CD can be bought through the band's home page:
http://sandaura.yolasite.com/

Can be submitted now.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Anthropophagus

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 2546
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:38 pm 
 

Morrigan wrote:
snavenai wrote:
You haven't addressed that I pointed out other bands who have been accepted to E.M., who are also noise based. There's a precedent.

Probably because this stupid fallacy is posted all the time and we're sick of it? Precedent is meaningless. If there are unacceptable bands on this site, report them and we'll delete them. They do NOT mean that a similarly unacceptable band will be accepted. Jesus fucking christ how many times do we have to say this?

In support of Morrigan, I will elaborate on a little philosophical problem with "precedence" based upon comparing a band (let's say, Band X) that is not on the archives with the music of another (Band Y) that is. Let's say that Band Y is not a clear-cut example of a band that has stayed predominantly metal for their career, but does have some clear and apparent metal albums (or at least how we define metal, which is based on the idea of the music having metal riffs). Out of this, we could say that Band Y has some predominantly metal albums, but also has some non-metal albums, OR, the band may even play metal music throughout their discography, but with some influences from non-metal sources (punk, or -core, or rock, or ambient, or folk, or noise, etc.). In any case, Band Y - which is on the Archives - has an eclectic range of musical styles in its discography, and ones you can pinpoint as being "influential" to their metal sound, or as being distinctly non-metal albums.

Keeping with that same analogy, let's say a user comes along and suggests that Band X belongs in the Archives because Band Y exists on the Archives, or because their band sounds awfully similar, or maybe both. What's entirely possible - and is true in this case - is that what the user hears as similar between both bands is mainly the non-metal properties of both bands' music, overlooking the exact reason we accepted Band Y in the first place. It is rather like saying both Band X and both Band Y have these things, Apples and Oranges, with Apples being "metal riffs" and Oranges being "everything else." Ignoring the fact that you can't compare Apples with Oranges (since that's impractical) or Apples with Apples (when little to no metal riffs exist within Band X's musical career), you're stuck comparing Oranges with Oranges, and in most cases this arises because you compare what you want to compare. It makes the job of trying to judge a music's sound rather disingenuous and not very encyclopedic.

It's for this reason, among others certainly, that we tend to prefer to judge bands on their own merits, without relying on the argument, "but they sound just like this other band that is on the Archives!" It doesn't make us buy your argument, because your argument is based on facetious grounds. The best you can do is what both Morrigan noted (rather frankly) and what Azmodes suggest (in a formally apparent manner), and that is to show us the metal riffs of your band on its own terms. We're tired of this musical fruit box of comparison and precedence.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9624
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:54 pm 
 

To simplify what Derigin said: it's like saying a band should be accepted because it sounds like Def Leppard or Soulfly. Def Leppard's debut is NWOBHM but the rest of their discography is pop rock, and Soulfly's latest release is groove metal but the rest is nu-metal. So yeah, you can see why this argument falls flat on its face.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Nagaarum
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 6:31 am
Posts: 11
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:09 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Nagaarum wrote:
Hi Admins!
Nagaarum (Hungary) was rejected once, because of the lack of physical format.
The CD-s are ready, and soon I (and a litle distro in Hungary) will release all the albums.
Evidence:
http://nagaarum.com/megjelent.php
Find photos.
Could you be so kind that revoke the band from the blacklist? :-)

Not quite, it was rejected because the music is mostly dark ambient and your more metallic releases were digital. "Lombotómia" is pure ambient from what I can hear (it's also described as such on your website). We need a physical METAL release. "Oort" (1 & 2) have doom metal elements, but they're a) not what I'd call predominant and b) both albums are digital anyway. So no, the band will stay on the blacklist.


Ok, thans for the answer!
But what about this band: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/K%C3%A1tai_Tam%C3%A1s/74491?
Fully ambient stuff even so it has MA page...

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9624
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:16 am 
 

...Holy crap. :durr:
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Rob1
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:50 am
Posts: 438
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:07 am 
 

Calm Down Morrigan! Don't get upset. Some people just have the brain capacity of a Musquito although their head is as big as an Elephant's!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 am 
 

Nagaarum wrote:
But what about this band: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/K%C3%A1tai_Tam%C3%A1s/74491?
Fully ambient stuff even so it has MA page...

We accept a small number of non-metal either as side-projects or other selected exception. These are judged based on their renown, place and impact in the metal community, meaning that they're usually projects by well-known musicians or otherwise reasonably popular bands with a big listenership in the "metal scene".

As previously detailed, we don't judge bands by way of comparison with accepted ones (especially non-metal exceptions) and -most importantly- this clause doesn't apply to your case in the slightest anyway.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
domusjanas
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:03 pm 
 

Hi. I tryied to upload a band called MaterDea. forum says: "Warning: a band called "MaterDea" (Italy) has been blacklisted! "
May I know why?
Thanks very much.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9624
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:32 pm 
 

It doesn't say the reason (must have been blacklisted a long time ago), but a very brief peek at the Reverbnation page indicate that they don't seem very metal....
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Nagaarum
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 6:31 am
Posts: 11
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:15 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Nagaarum wrote:
But what about this band: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/K%C3%A1tai_Tam%C3%A1s/74491?
Fully ambient stuff even so it has MA page...

We accept a small number of non-metal either as side-projects or other selected exception. These are judged based on their renown, place and impact in the metal community, meaning that they're usually projects by well-known musicians or otherwise reasonably popular bands with a big listenership in the "metal scene".

As previously detailed, we don't judge bands by way of comparison with accepted ones (especially non-metal exceptions) and -most importantly- this clause doesn't apply to your case in the slightest anyway.

I see... thanks!
This problem is partly understandable. But I have really metal band too. Look at this:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/GuilThee/97329
I have one of the founder members of the GuilThee. There are a lot of article about us in Hungary (pressed in Hungarian Metal Hammer too). Of course we are not famous as Tamás Kátai of Thy Catafalque... If the reason is this, I comprehend it.
Sorry for my peasant English style... :-S

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:33 am 
 

Yeah, no offense, but that isn't enough for our purposes. Our site would be filled with thousands of obscure non-metal side-projects if we went down that road.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
DreadlockMocio
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:12 pm 
 

Hi!! i would like to ask why the band "So Hideous" (formerly known as So Hideous... My Love) was blacklisted from the site. They Sound like Deafheaven with symphonic influences
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5hjK5b ... re=related
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v18hun9e ... re=related

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1342
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:23 pm 
 

DreadlockMocio wrote:
Hi!! i would like to ask why the band "So Hideous" (formerly known as So Hideous... My Love) was blacklisted from the site. They Sound like Deafheaven with symphonic influences
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z5hjK5b ... re=related
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v18hun9e ... re=related


According to the blacklist it's Shoegaze. The non-metallic kind.
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on being his birthday wrote:
Today is King of Underground's come to earth anniversary, now apologize for your miscreant behaviour!

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172 ... 293  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group