Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:54 pm 

Thought this would be fun idea for a thread, see what other people have got signed. I'll start, but bear in mind I only have a camera on my blackberry, so any pictures are VERY low quality. I'm hoping to get a camera for christmas, so future acquistions should be photo'd better.

this is really difficult to make out, but it's eidolon by dark fortress, signed by four of the members. I only had a black sharpie pen, so it doesn't show up very well on it, but still really cool I think.

this is a little easier to make out, got all 6 members of dark fortress to sign this last night too, it's stab wounds on vinyl limited to 500 (and is my favourite album of all time). I got Morean to sign it even though he wasn't the singer on it, it was Azathoth.

Got this from Anneke Van Giersbergen's webstore, luckily managed to get this, was going to leave it until Christmas, so glad I got it when I did.

got these from her webstore at a different time, live in europe and in parallel by Anneke and Danny cavanagh, both signed by her.

the rest is lots of stuff I got signed by Anneke Van Giersbergen when I saw her in London in September. There's a few so I will put them all in spoilers from here down.

Spoiler: show

signed poster

boxset of all the gathering's material on century media records, will hopefully get the other members to sign it when I see them in January.

Everything is changing (some of the booklets are smudged as I handed them to sign outside of the jewel cases, and didn't realise the ink needed to dry.)

souvenirs by the gathering

in your room

ticket, got the two members of death letters, the support band, to sign it as well

a quite smudged copy of pure air.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has got signed, probably going to get jealous of what other people have got!

todesengel89
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:58 am 

Inquisition's Into the Infernal Regions... was supposed to catch them later this month but due to the anal singapore government, they got banned...

Sabbat's Sabbatrinity, got both the black and red editions signed at their gig earlier in the year.

Impiety's Ceremonial NecroChrist Redesecration reissue
Heavy Metal Tribune #007 feat. Paradise Lost, Rogga Johansson, Riti Occulti, Antin Graham & Nepente!

ancientorder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:22 am 

Last edited by ancientorder on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:22 pm 

Once out of my teens, I no longer felt the need for autographs, as they unnecessarily put musicians on a pedestal where they don't need to be. They are people just like the rest of us, but they may or may not happen to produce awesome music.

/one man's opinion

Desperta_Ferro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:07 pm 

I think it is to make your own copy more "unique", rather than to put musicians on a pedestal.

I have nothing signed :(

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:23 pm 

Spoiler: show

I never got my CD signed either. I bought it like this.

Only thing signed I own and somehow I managed to get it more scratched than any of my other CDs. It came shrink wrapped and I should have never opened it. It's not badly scratched but there's a descent amount of scuffs and hairline scratches on the bottom. In any case, I would opt for an entirely brand new CD, but this isn't going to be available to me again, I speculate.

Last edited by metaldiscussor666 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:24 pm 

I bought an edition of Lebensessenz's Tage Der Nostalgie handsigned by Newton. Not sure if it counts since I never "got" it signed, it was already there when I bought it. And I also never met him.

Wedge_Antilles
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:28 pm 

My copy of Macabre Eternal, signed by the members of Autopsy. I also have a vinyl copy of Seminal Vampires and Maggot Men signed by Chris Reifert and Danny Coralles.

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:10 am 

Desperta_Ferro wrote:
I think it is to make your own copy more "unique", rather than to put musicians on a pedestal.

I have nothing signed :(

Well, there are arguably many ways to do that, but none of them are worthwhile in my opinion or make the music, artwork, or lyrics any more "unique" or interesting. Anyways, I don't get it other than for what I stated in my aforementioned post, but I digress.

themortuus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:38 pm 

Got only a marduk signed dvd and arch enemy cd, have also the blackcrowned box signed by legion but can find it right now..

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:38 pm 

Bought this at the merch stand after the gig yesterday, and saw Mick and he signed it for me, as did one of the live musicians.

Last edited by Twin_guitar_attack on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlashyrkhMR101
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:53 pm 

Re-press of Evil Never Dies signed by Joel Grind in 2009 at their gig in Baltimore opening up for Satyricon.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:13 pm 

Twin_guitar_attack wrote:
Thought this would be fun idea for a thread, see what other people have got signed. I'll start, but bear in mind I only have a camera on my blackberry, so any pictures are VERY low quality. I'm hoping to get a camera for christmas, so future acquistions should be photo'd better.

I was going to post photos of my Enslaved signed t-shirt but... I used it to clean my car recently! LOL!

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:06 pm 

hahaha!

I'm mostly with the guy that said he didn't care about getting things signed, for the same reason.
That being said, when I saw Pantera in 2000 (I was 16) I got Dimebag to sign my shirt. I gave the shirt to an op-shop last year; in hindsight, I may have been able to sell it on ebay.

Paka01
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:53 pm 

I have some signed CDs (Accept, Opeth, Iron Maiden...) and show tickets (Voivod, Fates Warning), but they aren't here with me so I can't take photographs right now.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm 

Autographs are cool, but when I meet a band member I just talk to them about their music or tell them awesome show and stuff like that.

This is really the only notable signed LP I have:

Ogerz001
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:14 pm 

Found these at local stores. but Sold them off due to never listening to them (and poor sound quality on the pic disc). the rest of my current signed collection are mostly local bands and hardcore bands.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:47 pm 

Signed by Devin. <3
Hehe, foreskins.

InfernoxDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:58 am 

FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE
Shirt signed by the band, i went to get it framed.

Signed poster from the band

HOUR OF PENANCE
Signed shirt from the band

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:58 am 

A patch signed by David Vincent :bow: and Tim 'The Missile' Yeung (on Kreator/Morbid Angel/Nile european tour in november 2012 :drool: )

"You make it easy."

Reply to topic