Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:17 am 

Wormed is finally releasing their follow-up to "Planisphærium", "Exodromos" will be released early 2013!

I'm excited about this, I loved Planisphærium, but their latest single didn't do much for me. What made Planisphærium so great for me, was mostly the production, fitted the sound perfectly imo.

Anyone else excited? This is shaping up to be a good year for BDM, at least for me, first Defeated Sanity, now Wormed!

http://www.facebook.com/wormed

Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:49 am 

Sweet news. They had an EP in between right? I thought they had lost their way. Ok not sure but I'm looking forward to this release. Planisphærium was and still is brutal!

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 pm 

They had a two-track single in between, but yeah.

Last.fm

Charlo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:47 pm 

Planisphaerium was a monstrously brutal album, and if this album just stays true to their sound, it will blow everybody out the water. Hopefully they don't make the production too glossy and leave the unsteady/grimy feeling of the first album intact. 7 H.Target should be releasing an album next year as well, meaning that 2013 will be an awesome year for progressive-minded brutal death.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:25 pm 

Radular.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:43 pm 

I prefer the production of the single, the riffs were a bit too hard to make out on Planisphærium

Shadoeking
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:21 pm 

About fucking time. I am getting this.

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 pm 

Bout fuckin time! I don't know what's wrong with you guys. The single (EP?) Was great. It had slightly cleaner production but it was still brutal as fuck. Can't wait to hear the sophomore album for this one. Topping their debut will be tough.

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:02 am 

Indeed, hope we get a taste of the album before it's released!

Last.fm

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:35 am 

Very recently got into Wormed; I don't listen to brutal death metal but their first full length is spectacular. Glad to hear theres another one coming + the artwork posted in the OP looks great.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:59 am 

I was trying to figure out the meaning of the album title. After some googling, 'dromos' is either a passage entrance...and is musical scales (according to the Greeks). So it's either 'Outer-Passage' or 'Outside the musical scales'. Hmm.

Can't wait to see the track listing on this new album...they could be as abstract as 'Voxel Mitosis' from Planisphærium.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:15 am 

Can't wait for this. "Planisphærium" is one of my favourite albums at the moment; I only got into Wormed this year after discovering that I actually quite like brutal death metal (on occasion, anyway), and I must say it blows me away every time I listen to it.

luxul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:47 pm 

Yeah, their single ruled quite a bit. Definitely hope they stay with that sound. Brutally crushing stuff. Can't wait.

Grapist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:47 pm 

I'm just interested in seeing where they go from here, as I felt the drumming on the single was a bit straight-forward. Anytime I show Planisphærium to even nonmetal-heads it leaves a hell of an impression, so here's to hoping they can keep that momentum up.

Grimsby
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:03 pm 

I'm excited! I prefer the album but like the EP as well...curious what they come up with.

kvomelik
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:23 pm 

Grapist wrote:
I'm just interested in seeing where they go from here, as I felt the drumming on the single was a bit straight-forward. Anytime I show Planisphærium to even nonmetal-heads it leaves a hell of an impression, so here's to hoping they can keep that momentum up.

I agree, hope the drumming is more like Planisphaerium. There's reason to be optimistic about it: Phlegeton was the drummer on the EP, and they have a new drummer now. Search Wormed Riky on YouTube, there's an official video of him there and he looks more interesting. Really excited about this!

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:12 pm 

loling at "STILL ON EARTH?" Will check this out, I'm down for some interplanetary tech-slam
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

Hymnofwolves
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:29 pm 

a track from the upcoming album has been uploaded.
http://www.wormed.net

To be released on March 26th.
I'm looking forward to this!

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 pm 

Holyballs, that was good. I loved the guitar tone and the guitar work.
https://soundcloud.com/user6602093/wormed-nucleon

theoctavarius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:01 pm 

shouvince wrote:
Holyballs, that was good. I loved the guitar tone and the guitar work.
https://soundcloud.com/user6602093/wormed-nucleon

Not sure what to think of this. There's nothing offensive about it; it was just... there, playing in the background.

Maybe Katalepsy has already spoiled me.
Was du geschlagen
zu Gott wird es dich tragen!

-Gustav Mahler

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:02 pm 

I actually liked that much more than I thought I would. The drums sound thunderous, as opposed to the weird ones of the first album. That will probably annoy those who found that charming or novel. The vocals sound less ridiculously low and also have much more power, while the riffs are a hundred times more intelligible, and I would even say better. I went from being pretty indifferent to this band, to being curious about this album.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:47 pm 

Ehhh, this is good but I'd still consider it a disappointment. It needs the really raw, strange guitar tone that they used on the debut, and the riffs aren't as outright weird either. I miss the low frog vocals, too; the vocals in place now are pretty much my least favourite as far as pig squeals go.

That being said, while it's understandably a lot more modern, it's not a complete flop. Coherent sense of songwriting, nice atmosphere, pretty groovy for a song otherwise quite spastic in its tempo...at this point they basically remind me of a superficially "spacier" Guttural Secrete. I dunno, this might have to grow on me a bit more, but either way I'll like it a lot but not as much as the debut.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:46 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
That being said, while it's understandably a lot more modern, it's not a complete flop. Coherent sense of songwriting, nice atmosphere, pretty groovy for a song otherwise quite spastic in its tempo...at this point they basically remind me of a superficially "spacier" Guttural Secrete. I dunno, this might have to grow on me a bit more, but either way I'll like it a lot but not as much as the debut.

Yeah, coherent was the word I was looking for too. Parts of the song reminded of early (albeit faster) Cryptopsy to a certain extent. Anyway, becoming suddenly more accessible doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a bad thing. But I fear that they'll lose their somewhat 'esoteric' tag.

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 pm 

shouvince wrote:
MalignantThrone wrote:

Yeah, coherent was the word I was looking for too. Parts of the song reminded of early (albeit faster) Cryptopsy to a certain extent. Anyway, becoming suddenly more accessible doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a bad thing. But I fear that they'll lose their somewhat 'esoteric' tag.

Depends, if they deliver another "Pulses in Rhombus Forms" and keep it accessible, then that would truly be something.

But by nature, Wormed isn't an accessible band. I don't feel like better production has anything to do with their accessibility (cleaner sounding blast beats and pig squealing are still blast beats and pig squealing). I can really appreciate them cleaning up their sound. With this release, the only way they'll satisfy the metal community at large is deliver another Planesphaerium, which is no small task for a band.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:26 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Ehhh, this is good but I'd still consider it a disappointment. It needs the really raw, strange guitar tone that they used on the debut, and the riffs aren't as outright weird either. I miss the low frog vocals, too; the vocals in place now are pretty much my least favourite as far as pig squeals go.

I pretty much agree with this. I miss the almost inhuman vocals, and that shatteringly monstrous guitar tone. I don't dislike the new song, it just doesn't blow me away immediately, as pretty much every song on the debut did. I listened to Planisphaerium again just to see whether I was remembering it correctly, and that made the difference clearer to me - the new track is appealing, but not really startling, something (as someone else noted above) capable of being background noise; with the older tracks, however, I was, stunned right away, despite my familiarity with the sound - I couldn't help sitting bolt upright and just gaping in wonder at Geodesic Dome. I'm finding it hard to concentrate on writing this comment with the debut playing right now - it's one of those albums that just draws me in completely.

Having said that, though, I don't think that one track is enough to be indicative of the new album overall - the new sound does have the potential for great things, it just depends on what they do with it; given Wormed's previous output, I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. 'Nucleon' is a good song - if it turns out to be the weakest track on the album, then 'Exodromos' will surely be a worthy addition to the band's discography; though, if it's an example of the best the new record has to offer, I think I'd be rather disappointed. Ah, well; we'll see.

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:53 pm 

New track "Nucleon" is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e74WLXdG ... e=youtu.be

Last.fm

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:09 pm 

Z0MBIE wrote:

Damn you! I thought it was another new track before within milliseconds my eyes fell on 'Nucleon'. It was already posted and has been discussed in the above posts. Check >_>

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:47 pm 

Wow shit, I have no idea how I overlooked that, haha, I'm so sorry shouvince!

Last.fm

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 pm 

Shit is fucking dope.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:54 pm 

Beats the hell out of a lot of stuff, but is clearly below the likes of new Katalepsy and Defeated Sanity.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:59 pm 

Keen on it! Me and my housemate bonded a lot on wormed and defeated sanity.. Gonna be a good yaer in terms of "that small amount of brutal DM that I actually like" for sure. Now we just need new Enmity :)

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:43 am 

caspian wrote:
Keen on it! Me and my housemate bonded a lot on wormed and defeated sanity.. Gonna be a good yaer in terms of "that small amount of brutal DM that I actually like" for sure. Now we just need new Enmity :)

Ooh, new Emnity is coming out?

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:27 am 

New track sounds good. I didn't like the debut so for this to sound different is pleasant to my ears.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:10 am 

Misfit74 wrote:
Ooh, new Emnity is coming out?

I seriously doubt it. The band hasn't had an online presence in over five years, they have no Facebook and I'm pretty sure they have no Myspace either. As far as I'm aware, the members aren't involved in any other musical projects. I think it's safe to say that Enmity is dead, as much as that saddens me to say. They managed to make one absolutely timeless album before disappearing, at least.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:46 am 

Nah no new enmity, just saying it'd be nice is all :)

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:59 pm 

:( Enmity

I wonder if Sepsism will do something new this year? For some reason I associate the bands together. Anyway, Sepsism rules and a new one from them would be excellent. They haven't released an album since '09.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:59 pm 

New Wormed track called 'The Nonlocality Trilemma'.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2013/ ... =fb&cc=fmp

Going by their always abstruse song titles, this fits right in...but musically, it didn't do much for me. It was very modern sounding. Sigh.

morfumax
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:40 pm 

No complaints at all, this track is refreshing and wormed.

androiddream
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 pm 

Thanks for the news. I absolutely love this band. Along with Defeated Sanity and Disgorge, Wormed is one of my latest discoveries that I can't stop listening to. I hope the new album is as well-produced as their debut.

Oddeye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:06 pm 

Just listened to Nucleon and it's actually quite doped. Gonna have to check this band out!

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next