Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Aadil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:51 am 

"That" one song is On the Shores of Ithaka by Quo Vadis.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:10 am 

Black Sabbath's Die Young is one song that gets me moving. Just a catchy metal song and a longtime favourite of mine. Never get tired of it. Black Sabbath was a driving force back then.

Also Bathory's One Rode to Asa Bay. Propably everyone here knows it. I get shivers when listening to it. Actually I get shivers just by thinking about it.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:32 am 

ScandalfTheShite wrote:
Black Sabbath's Die Young is one song that gets me moving. Just a catchy metal song and a longtime favourite of mine. Never get tired of it. Black Sabbath was a driving force back then.

Also Bathory's One Rode to Asa Bay. Propably everyone here knows it. I get shivers when listening to it. Actually I get shivers just by thinking about it.

Heaven and Hell and most of Dio's work definitely has the potential of starting some serious head banging.

Gorefest - State of Mind is another, but I just love singing that song especially around intolerant assholes.

Classy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:20 am 

A steady one for me has been "Stripped, Raped, and Strangled" by Cannibal Corpse. It is the absolute worst for me in the car. When the opening hits I immediately shoot the crazy eyes at the fortunate (or unfortunate) person in the vehicle next to me to give them a fair warning of what they're about to witness, and then proceed with the headbanging and growling along.

Lately, another one has been "The Morrigan" by Darkest Era. Although the song experience is completely different from Cannibal, I consider it one of "those" songs because I find myself bellowing along with the lyrics entirely too loud without even stopping to think of who or what my audience may be.

Life Eternal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:50 pm 

Hmm I'd say it's Breeding Death by Bloodbath. It makes me get off my chair and headbang/sing like an idiot haha
Also Windir's 1184/Likferd.

Psytopsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:10 pm 

Since getting my Baphomet CD today, almost all my posts will be based on them lol. Valley Of The Dead is that one song that can get me going. The intro with the simple but effective bassline and the equally simple but heavy riffing is great. Bolt Thrower's The Killchain is another one. You can't listen to that main riff and not completely stop what you're doing and start at least bobbing your head.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:18 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
For me that'd have to be Alice in Chains' We Die Young. I simply can't help myself from lip-synching to it and playing air guitar whenever I listen to it, at least in a subtle way. It's that catchy.

10000000% agreed. I don't think I'll ever tire of this song

I can't really think of many that fit this category. Maybe Type O Negative's "Christian Woman"
also not metal, but Die Toten Hosen's "Hier kommt Alex" gets me going without fail every time.

SleightOfVickonomy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:30 am 

Right now it happens to be Death SS' "Black Mummy"!
:-D :headbang:

Kenosiar
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:46 am 

I usually turn on my stereo at 6:00 in the morning, it's better than coffee to start the day and go to school, If I am really sleepy I put an album from Hypocrisy, No tomorrow and Weed out the week are two songs that I can't hear without doing headbanging.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:29 am 

Kenosiar wrote:
I usually turn on my stereo at 6:00 in the morning, it's better than coffee to start the day and go to school, If I am really sleepy I put an album from Hypocrisy, No tomorrow and Weed out the week are two songs that I can't hear without doing headbanging.

Gotta love hypocrisy! im a huge fan cant wait until they tour Aus in Jan

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:38 am 

For me at the moment is Me Against the World by Lizzy Borden

suleiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:33 am 

SYL - Detox : what am i doing here ??! what is this place !

Crimson Glory : Azrael ...i try to scream aloing knowing fuk well not me or anyone else living will ever hit those notes again

Crimson Glory : Masque of Red Death ....ditto

Obliveon : Devil In My Eyes ....air drums...guitar..vocals frenzy entails

Aetherial
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:46 am 

At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul. Just tooo fucking good! :np:

FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:46 pm 

I have a few of these but my personal favourite would have to be Strapping Young Lad's 'Shitstorm'.

~Guest 69485
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:19 pm 

"Home of Once Brave" by Bathory has the power to stop me in my tracks every time, especially after the emotional buildup of the preceding "Song to Hall Up High". The music feels so vast and Quorthon's vocal lines are impossible to resist. If that song is playing, it's gonna be loud and if there's a beer nearby, it's getting raised and drunk.

Another one is "Into the Crypts of Rays" by Celtic Frost. This one is sure to get me to polish up my air guitar chops and put me on a huge Tom Warrior rampage, for days, maybe weeks at a time. Playing this song after not listening to Celtic Frost for a while is like the moment an alcoholic falls off the wagon and starts the next morning with a shot of whiskey instead of a pot of coffee.
You know how it is... hitting "play" turns into hitting "repeat all" and as soon you know it, your passed out covered in Morbid Tales, stinking of To Mega Therion and your head is pounding with Apocalyptic Raids. You know it's really bad when your caught with Cold Lake in a paper bag. Time for an intervention.

HydroDrone
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:12 am 

Easy, for me it's Satan's fall - Mercyful Fate, no matter how many times i hear it, it's still insanely awesome with so many great moments, and driving with the windows down and doin this line will never get old :

" Is this satan's fall ? No it's satan's CALLLLLLLLLL!!!"

Punishing
Delicious Penis Connoisseur

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:42 am 

"Satan's Fall" RULES!
That and "Egypt" and "Into The Coven" and "A Dangerous Meeting"!

"They're gonna get themselves killed!"

Last edited by Punishing on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:52 am 

Umbersun wrote:
"Home of Once Brave" by Bathory has the power to stop me in my tracks every time, especially after the emotional buildup of the preceding "Song to Hall Up High". The music feels so vast and Quorthon's vocal lines are impossible to resist. If that song is playing, it's gonna be loud and if there's a beer nearby, it's getting raised and drunk.

Another one is "Into the Crypts of Rays" by Celtic Frost. This one is sure to get me to polish up my air guitar chops and put me on a huge Tom Warrior rampage, for days, maybe weeks at a time. Playing this song after not listening to Celtic Frost for a while is like the moment an alcoholic falls off the wagon and starts the next morning with a shot of whiskey instead of a pot of coffee.
You know how it is... hitting "play" turns into hitting "repeat all" and as soon you know it, your passed out covered in Morbid Tales, stinking of To Mega Therion and your head is pounding with Apocalyptic Raids. You know it's really bad when your caught with Cold Lake in a paper bag. Time for an intervention.

Not gonna add my own because THIS WHOLE FUCKING post has made me grin like a maniac, with the smile of those who know. Fuckin' outstanding, and yes, been there many a time...

My collection

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2