* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:44 am 

BottomFeeder1 wrote:
BottomFeeder1 wrote:
Haven't listened to much Six Feet Under in years since early teens but if you ask me I wish he head have beat tony or Trevor's(or whatever the fuck his name is) head in. Cattle Decap isn't death metal it's fucking gay. Animal rights? go back to emo, any one who thinks that that shit is Death Metal ( or metal for that matter) should leave the hall, they fuckin' suck. Way to go Barnes, should have used a hammer.

Finally someone who knows what they're talking about. Well said.

Did you legit just do that?

"Hello me, meet the real me!"

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:46 am 

I don't know who you people are that keep Six Feet Under popular, but you gotta stop. I can understand that for a few years after he left CC his new band would be popular by proxy, but having them play late-night slots at big festivals 15 years later? COME ON!! *GOB Bluth voice*

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:47 am 

@BottomFeeder1: Chris Barnes, is that you?

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:58 am 

BottomFeeder1 just went on a one-week chill-out period. That was incredibly lame. Chris Barnes lame.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:29 am 

matras wrote:
@BottomFeeder1: Chris Barnes, is that you?

:lol: Best comment in the whole thread

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:09 am 

too few witnesses to really conclude what happened if you ask me , although i do like both bands their latest albums, maybe both of them are jerks :D Brian Fair vs Phil Labonte all over again lol

And something doesn't make sense anyway, isn't it obvious that if Barnes really would have suckerpunched the guy after calling names on stage, that there's just no way that he could have gotten away with it that easily without any reaction from Ryan ? He probably woukd have get his asskicked by Travis, especially if he would be (and it is obvious that he probably was) baked in the backstage. How is it possible that he managed to escape so quickly and unharmed to his tourbus... Something's fishy about this !!

Last edited by Machine_Dead on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:18 am 

the_raytownian wrote:
Just heard about this on another board... Incredibly lame, even for Barnes.
I think all the weed has made him retarded.

Weed doesn't make people retarded. But if they already are then it doesn't help.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:42 am 

Xim wrote:
Weed doesn't make people retarded. But if they already are then it doesn't help.

My experience tells me otherwise.

Machine_Dead wrote:
And something doesn't make sense anyway, isn't it obvious that if Barnes really would have suckerpunched the guy after calling names on stage, that there's just no way that he could have gotten away with it that easily without any reaction from Ryan ? He probably woukd have get his asskicked by Travis, especially if he would be (and it is obvious that he probably was) baked in the backstage. How is it possible that he managed to escape so quickly and unharmed to his tourbus... Something's fishy about this !!

Well I'm not going to say I was there or anything, but Barnes apparently was verbally abusive towards CD's fans for leaving when CD finished, and tried to postpone the meet'n'greets to when CD played to "lure" people away. And I'm sure Travis didn't expect a brawl when he was going to talk about it with Barnes. Nothing weird with getting punched when you don't expect it.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 am 

Quote:

Your experience means nothing.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 am 

RedMisanthrope wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
So, on the one hand, we have a washed up underground "rockstar" who nowadays couldn't write a good song (or even growl properly) if his life depended on it, while on the other we have an insanely versatile and talented extreme vocalist who is the frontman of a very succesful death metal band who this very year released what might be their best album yet. Yeah, I guess it's clear who's side I'm on.

All signs point to Barnes being the douchebag, but talent really doesn't have anything to do with this.

I know. I was just pointing out how pathetic Barnes is. Dude sang in a couple of classic death metal records (not a big fan of CC, but they're important nonetheless) and now thinks he's the goddamn king of the underground. Lame.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:42 am 

MARSDUDE wrote:
Quote:

You're absolutely right. I should disregard my experience and listen more to a mouth-breather barely out of his teens. Thank you for your mindblowing (and dare I hazard a guess - weed influenced) wisdom.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:50 am 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/drama/cattle-decapitation-drop-off-six-feet-under-tour-after-vocalist-allegedly-sucker-punched-by-chris-barnes
I think the article pretty much does the title justice. In short, Cattle Decapitation has dropped off Six Feet under's Autumn Apocalypse tour after Barnes sucker punched travis from Cattle and fled to the safety of his tour bus...

This thread is PURE gold!

godsonsafari wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQin6rnTzYQ
Because we should be reminded at least once a year.

Did someone see saw the Satyricon DVD where Satyr drives a Porsche Boxter too?!?
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Sa ... ovie/11609

Lame, lame, lame!

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:16 am 

I doubt Chris even left a mark. A middle aged scrawny pothead isn't going to break a jaw or anything.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:25 pm 

Pot and some peoples brain chemistry just don't work. The feelings of extreme paranoia and feelings of being disrespected by others and then violently lashing out; I have witnessed this first hand. Usually ends up with stoned guy on the floor bleeding.

The old misnomer pot makes everyone mellow is disapproven by good ol' Chris Barnes.

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:01 pm 

I already hated Chris Barnes, so this just reinforces my beliefs.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:09 pm 

Well, at least for the Reading show, there is still a reason to go to the Six Feet Under show.

Cattle Decapitation is doing a show in Reading this Sunday. Anyone with a ticket to Six Feet Under on Thursday can get a ticket to the Sunday show for free. I think the door price on Sunday is cheap. It's a relief because I still get to see Cattle Decapitation this week!

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Hellrisen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:33 pm 

matras wrote:
MARSDUDE wrote:

You're absolutely right. I should disregard my experience and listen more to a mouth-breather barely out of his teens. Thank you for your mindblowing (and dare I hazard a guess - weed influenced) wisdom.

STUPID AMERIKAN U KNOW NOTHING IM FROM EUROPE

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:10 am 

Whatever benefits weed has, it evidently doesn't help to formulate decent arguments for its legalization - at least from people like Barnes. Christ, what an embarrassing interview.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:34 am 

yeah, because all pot heads HAVE to be high all the time. I should know, I'm high as hell right now and the one thing Marihuana does to me most is make me pussy punch people in the throat and then run and cower in my tour bus. It's a helluva drug, don't tell your brother about it...

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:03 am 

Hanging around lots of stoners serves as an effective deterrent, because they all wind up the same way after a while: lazy, obnoxious, unmotivated, and fucking pathetic.

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:38 am 

yeah, because all pot heads HAVE to be high all the time. I should know, I'm high as hell right now and the one thing Marihuana does to me most is make me pussy punch people in the throat and then run and cower in my tour bus. It's a helluva drug, don't tell your brother about it...

the paranoia stays after the high leaves, as do most of the more annoying symptoms of being a stoner: laziness, lack of motivation, forgetfulness, etc etc

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:42 am 

OneSizeFitzpatrick, there is no stoner hate here but Chris definitely fits the bill when it comes to paranoid stoners who lashes out DB style. Too many examples of that with him. All I was saying is that in a world of bad unpredictable asshole drunks, stoners are always portrayed as the peace loving kumbaya crowd. Not so I have seen too many stoners start shit due to their stupid paranoia. Are stoners as unpredictable as drunks? It's probably 60/40.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:25 am 

Turner wrote:

the paranoia stays after the high leaves, as do most of the more annoying symptoms of being a stoner: laziness, lack of motivation, forgetfulness, etc etc

Let's get back on track, this thread is not about weed or how lame stoners are.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:47 am 

There's statements from both parts now that the initial hubbub have passed.

Chris Barnes:
http://www.theprp.com/2012/11/07/news/s ... avis-ryan/

Travis Ryan:
http://www.theprp.com/2012/11/07/news/c ... -vocalist/

I know which one I think makes more sense.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:02 am 

Travis' story sounds, without a shadow of a doubt, much more believable. Dude even admits that he indeed got pissed at Barnes (and really, can you blame him?).

I was actually thinking about buying SFU's last record, as it surprisingly turned out to be quite good, but after this I have no plans to give Barnes any of my money or support. Fuck you man. Fuck you, your shitty attitude, and your supremely crappy dreadlocks.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:56 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Let's get back on track, this thread is not about weed or how lame stoners are.

Yeah, its about hating Chris Barnes :|

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 am 

I think all of this can be solved by Six Feet Under and Danzig touring together.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:23 am 

ld50 wrote:
I think all of this can be solved by Six Feet Under and Danzig touring together.

Haha that would be awesome to watch. Flaring ego sucker punch battle royal. I'm going to have to go with Danzig doing the ass beating though. Chris wouldn't stand a chance.

enigmatech
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:30 am 

I guess touring can be very stressful, just like the stories of the Destruction guy attacking Tom Angelripper, the Benediction guys getting in a fist-fight with Dismember, Danzig getting his ass kicked by that hardcore punk guy, Geoff Tate being a douchebag to everybody, etc.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:35 am 

Stress is no excuse to punch someone in the face with barely any provocation though.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:45 am 

enigmatech wrote:
The Benediction guys getting in a fist-fight with Dismember.

That's a new one, never heard that before. Sounds interesting who won? hehe

enigmatech
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:39 pm 

Delta_Wing wrote:
enigmatech wrote:
The Benediction guys getting in a fist-fight with Dismember.

That's a new one, never heard that before. Sounds interesting who won? hehe

Not sure, but I'd imagine Benediction, because if you look at the band pictures in the booklet to "Like an Everflowing Stream", you'll notice that none of the members look particularly strong, :lol:. Here is an excerpt from an interview where Ingram talks about it:

Quote:
ALI “THE METALLIAN”: I recently asked Fred Estby of Dismember to give me their side of the scuffle involving your bands. What is your side of the story?

DAVE INGRAM: Two weeks before we were going to tour with them they call and make demands like double-headlining et cetra. We explained that they can’t have everything they want. We had organized the tour, paid for the bus, posters et cetra. Then they said they would not do it; we were left with a big bill. We were angry and there was a scuffle when we ran into them in Denmark. It’s all sorted out now.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:55 pm 

I couldn't care less about either band, but it's obvious Barnes is the one who's full of shit. He claims he didn't punch the guy at all, but in the same interview he says the other dude was lying on the floor and that he left because "he didn't want to pursue anymore violence". :lol: Not only that but he made tweets about "tofu eaters getting their asses kicked in a fight" (which he later deleted). What a lying douche.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:59 pm 

This just further cements what everyone by now already knows - Chris Barnes is a fucking douchebag. He's like the Paul Di'Anno of death metal, except a way bigger asshole. Seth Putnam said it best.

Varth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:06 pm 

"Hes got a big bus to pay for, roadies (one even told one of us he was Chris’ bodyguard?)"

now that would be a hilarious docu-drama-comedy right there

Ceald Hraew
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:35 pm 

That guy is insane. He should just give up metal and go play brutal raggaecore or something. On the other hand, Travis shouldn’t have become too pissed because of a vegetarian joke. Or does he think not eating meat puts him above any criticism possible?

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:44 pm 

Ceald Hraew wrote:
That guy is insane. He should just give up metal and go play brutal raggaecore or something. On the other hand, Travis shouldn’t have become too pissed because of a vegetarian joke. Or does he think not eating meat puts him above any criticism possible?

Well vegetarians put up with a lot worse things than that on a regular basis, so I think it was how it was done, and not the actual issue. And heckling the fans who left when SFU played. And trying to sabotage the attendance with his meet'n'greet etc etc.
Just what I've gathered from the whole thing.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:45 pm 

I think it goes beyond the joke about vegetarians. Don't know about you, but I wouldn't disrespect a band who agreed to tour with me after I insisted on having them open for my band. It's a thing of principles, really. Besides, it's clear there was quite a bit of a malicious intent behind the joke itself. Barnes is no stranger to stirring shit between him and other musicians.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:09 pm 

Just a random note: I see no point in cracking jokes about vegetarians on stage. You're there to play. Shut up and play.

I don't like Cattle Decapitation, but if what this guy is saying is true, I'm glad they did what they did, because I would've done the same thing. If my band was the one bringing most of the people to the shows, and selling the most t-shirts, and Chris Barnes acted that way to me, I would've dropped off, too. "Good luck finishing this tour by yourself", pretty much. That's so dumb. Chris Barnes is an idiot. How was the guy on the ground if no punches were thrown? I never trusted any of the stories Seth Putnam told, but after all of this, I really think his Chris Barnes story could've been very true.

Varth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:07 pm 

It has to be, punched in the back of the head, ran to the bus immediately, the exact story behind Chris Barnes is A Fucking Pussy many many years ago

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next