Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am
Posts: 3484
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 pm 
 

I look at it this way. I don't like the band, but I can give them a chance to improve; and thus it's a shame that one of their core members died before this could happen, especially at 28.
_________________
Oddeye wrote:
bug_man wrote:
a whole planet, made out of satan


That. Is. METAL!

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2214
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:05 pm 
 

This is sad, especially because Mitch was so young. 28 is too soon to go. I don't even know what Suicide Silence sounds like aside from their debut album and older EPs. Even then, that was a while ago. Never cared for the music, but that doesn't mean this death is less tragic.

What's sadder is I've seen on more than one forum of discussion people make remarks like "Boohoo, Mitch is dead, now I won't be able to yell insults at his band anymore" or "Not so tragic, Suicide Silence sucked and now they don't have to bother me anymore"... To all of those people: Fuck you.

Let's say Fred Durst dies. I'm sure there will be more posts like the ones I mentioned above. There is no doubt in my mind that Limp Bizkit sucks, but if Fred Durst were to die it would still be a tragedy. But not everyone would think that way, because they see Fred Durst and Limp Bizkit as an enemy of metal... I've seen Suicide Silence called an enemy of metal. But labeling these musicians as enemies of metal is incorrect and leads to losing sight of reality.

I admit to being guilty of celebrating death, when it was revealed that Osama Bin Laden was killed. I was like "Fuck yeah! 'MERICA!!!" Countless people celebrated the death of Saddam Hussein and Adolf Hitler. But these people were all enemies in a much more different and much more tangible way than Mitch, Fred or any musician for that matter. Art, no matter how contradictory to ones views, shouldn't be considered an enemy.
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19216
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:17 pm 
 

Nhor wrote:
EDIT: I've also noticed that MA has softened up tenfold in the last, well, very long time. I remember posts from Morrigan like "Please stop submitting -core bands. Thanks." Now it's essentially like the way Blacks got freedom in America, and if you laugh at a band for being dime-a-dozen deathcore that you're being childish or how can anyone take you seriously.


You're such a fucking tool. Yeah 'cause this thread isn't about anything else but laughing at silly deathcore bands...please...I'm sure you think you're real tough and everything, real cool because you don't like bands that other people like, but get over yourself.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: The Nun

Top
 Profile  
deathsane
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:10 pm
Posts: 83
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:26 pm 
 

Goatfangs wrote:
There is no doubt in my mind that Limp Bizkit sucks, but if Fred Durst were to die it would still be a tragedy

Not every death is a tragedy. I mean, yeah, it's stupid as fuck to post shit like you mentioned about the deceased in most cases, but do you really care that much if some random famous person dies? Even the deaths of my favorite musicians would hardly constitute something worth calling a tragedy to me. Yeah, it sucks, but life goes on and it goes on virtually unchanged from the way it went on before at that. Just semantics, really, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that Fred Durst's death wouldn't be a tragedy to me. I wouldn't cry. I wouldn't be happy about it either. I wouldn't care.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9713
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:46 pm 
 

(Disclaimer: I hate this band and I hate their music style, probably more than you can imagine.)

But here's a word of warning: anyone coming here to gloat about someone's death, and posting obviously inflammatory comments, is on seriously thin ice. Consider yourselves officially warned for trolling, as well as for being just plain dickheads. You are happy a dude is dead? At least have the decency to keep your misguided happiness to yourself.


That said, everyone should realize that these idiots are a tiny minority of this thread.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
MEGANICK89
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:15 pm
Posts: 94
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm 
 

It's a shame the guy died and I feel the most sorry for his family and especially his 5 year old daughter.

At the same time, the guy was an idiot for drinking and driving and speeding down the highway in a motorcycle. In any case it's sad, but this dude should have known better and thankfully he didn't take someone else with him.

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5402
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:57 pm 
 

MEGANICK89 wrote:
It's a shame the guy died and I feel the most sorry for his family and especially his 5 year old daughter.

At the same time, the guy was an idiot for drinking and driving and speeding down the highway in a motorcycle. In any case it's sad, but this dude should have known better and thankfully he didn't take someone else with him.


If you can point out where any reports said he was drinking and speeding, that'd be great. That's all speculation right now, which sucks because we're either going to see a ton of foot-in-mouth disease if he was clean and it was just a legit accident and a ton of smug "told ya so"s if he wasn't.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: JERKING THE CIRCLE IV: Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know

Top
 Profile  
MEGANICK89
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:15 pm
Posts: 94
Location: Cleveland, OH
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:05 pm 
 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=181724

I read this. His wife begged him not to leave the house because he was drinking, but he did...and then the rest happened. I mean, it's not an exact report, but I'll take her word for it.

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5402
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:24 pm 
 

Well she didn't explicitly say he was drinking, but yeah that's pretty clear to me.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: JERKING THE CIRCLE IV: Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2214
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:47 pm 
 

deathsane wrote:
Not every death is a tragedy. I mean, yeah, it's stupid as fuck to post shit like you mentioned about the deceased in most cases, but do you really care that much if some random famous person dies?


Perhaps not to me personally. I'm not really affected by the death of Mitch Lucker. But it's a fact that many people are, especially his friends and family.

Or take Amy Winehouse for example... pop star, controversial figure, music I didn't care about. When she died... not a single fuck was given by me. However, if you look at it from an objective point of view, it's a case of a mother and father losing their daughter. Many musicians paid their respects and wrote songs in tribute to her.

Or Ronnie James Dio. It may be the case that everyone who visits this forum would prefer the music of Dio over the music of Amy Winehouse. It certainly is for me. When he passed away, it affected me as much as a close friend dying. Yet the only direct interaction I ever had from Dio was seeing him in concert (with Heaven and Hell) and him throwing me the horns. I was toward the front, banging my head like I always do, among a crowd that largely consisted of older people who couldn't whip their necks to such extent. So perhaps the death of Mitch Lucker wasn't tragic in every point of view, like the death of Dio wasn't tragic to a child in India who never heard "western music".
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
dystopia4
Veteran

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:47 pm
Posts: 3547
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:03 pm 
 

I've never heard a Suicide Silence song, but my roommate likes them and he told me about his death. Really sucks that he had a daughter who is now without a father.
_________________
http://ifthisishellthenimlucky.blogspot.ca/

Top
 Profile  
the_raytownian
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:09 am
Posts: 2292
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:41 pm 
 

Reginald wrote:
It's not that sad, really. There is a rather obvious bright side to this.

There's nothing terribly bright in this post, though.

I never really had an "issue" with this band, despite not being a fan. It's pretty embarrassing to know people here are as hateful as you, though.

I know literally nothing about this band's members. I wasn't a fan of their music. It doesn't mean this is somehow "good" for anything.
Stop being such a try-hard misanthrope on the innernette. :thumbsdown:
_________________
Disgrace to the corpse of Metal Archives!
Discogs | Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
iAm
Wastelander

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 5630
Location: West of the Duwamish due South of the Sound
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:51 pm 
 

the_raytownian wrote:
I know literally nothing about this band's members. I wasn't a fan of their music. It doesn't mean this is somehow "good" for anything.

Well, I saw them a couple times and he's always come off as a self righteous prick. I don't know him personally though.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
If the U.N. flew a bunch of C130's over Syria and rained down boxes of Thin Mints, they'd be standing in a giant circle hand-in-hand singing like goddamn Whoville residents within an hour.

I hate music

Top
 Profile  
the_raytownian
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:09 am
Posts: 2292
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:54 pm 
 

I'm not sure how being a self-righteous prick means it's somehow good for anyone here (much less his family) that he died this way.
Point is, trying to be Mr. Seth Putnam Jr. 14-year-old bad ass little boy on the internet by making fun of people dying is incredibly lame...



...and I like Seth Putnam, even.
_________________
Disgrace to the corpse of Metal Archives!
Discogs | Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
iAm
Wastelander

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:18 am
Posts: 5630
Location: West of the Duwamish due South of the Sound
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:57 pm 
 

Well if he comes off as pretty arrogant, well that just means it's hard to feel emotion for his death. Quite frankly, I don't feel one way or the other. Sucks for his family but if he was a dick to his fans I could care less.
_________________
iamntbatman wrote:
If the U.N. flew a bunch of C130's over Syria and rained down boxes of Thin Mints, they'd be standing in a giant circle hand-in-hand singing like goddamn Whoville residents within an hour.

I hate music

Top
 Profile  
the_raytownian
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:09 am
Posts: 2292
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:17 pm 
 

Honestly, I don't care that much either. It's not really my point.

My point is it's lame to act like this is somehow a blessing because you think you're such a funny, badass motherfucker in front of the keyboard (talking about mr. "bright side" here, not you).

It's perfectly okay to feel indifferent... It's childish and lame to make jokes about it, though. Especially when it's over someone not being "trve metulzzz".
_________________
Disgrace to the corpse of Metal Archives!
Discogs | Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Necroghast
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:43 pm
Posts: 508
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:36 pm 
 

Infidelamsterdam made a good video about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9esrDGxr ... re=g-all-u

Top
 Profile  
Marag
Veteran

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 2660
Location: down there where chaos prevails
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:50 pm 
 

the_raytownian wrote:
Point is, trying to be Mr. Seth Putnam Jr. 14-year-old bad ass little boy on the internet by making fun of people dying is incredibly lame...


Making fun of Putnam is ok though

Top
 Profile  
the_raytownian
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:09 am
Posts: 2292
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:03 pm 
 

Marag wrote:
the_raytownian wrote:
Point is, trying to be Mr. Seth Putnam Jr. 14-year-old bad ass little boy on the internet by making fun of people dying is incredibly lame...


Making fun of Putnam is ok though


Are you insinuating I've suggested that with my post, or just saying that because you believe it to be true?

Why does everyone here seem to think there's some hidden meaning in everything I say lately? Jeez... Does everything need to be dissected to fuck in order to be comprehended here?

If it's the former, that wasn't even an insult regarding his death (how'd you get that from it?!), much less directly related to him ("Seth Putnam Jr." meaning all the kids who discovered AxCx on P2P apps back in the day and suddenly thought they could be edgy and funny by becoming bad, unsubtle imitations of him and starting all those countless, horrible bedroom grind bands that used to be so prevalent). Secondly, I even said I like the guy... I considered him to be something of a modern Andy Kaufman, actually... only one who was addicted to hard drugs that totally fucked him up emotionally/psychologically.

If it's the later, well, I don't really care... Do you expect me to get upset just because I'm a fan of Seth? Because I have a signed, numbered print of him getting a blowjob? I won't. Especially because I'll know you're only doing it to try to get my goat... He's been dead for a hot minute now. It bums me out, but I'm over it... The reason the guy posting about the SS singer is lame as fuck is because it happened, like, fucking yesterday or something... and because he's only celebrating it out of some stupid sense of his death being a blessing to "TRVE METUL" or something (how gay). Like it has any relevance to Metal in the slightest.
_________________
Disgrace to the corpse of Metal Archives!
Discogs | Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Marag
Veteran

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 2660
Location: down there where chaos prevails
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:17 pm 
 

??
Your post confuses me. I have no idea what you are talking about dude. I was just making a joke

Top
 Profile  
the_raytownian
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:09 am
Posts: 2292
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:28 pm 
 

I'm saying, I don't know what you were suggesting with that joke... I guess I'm the dumb one.
So break it down for me.
_________________
Disgrace to the corpse of Metal Archives!
Discogs | Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Marag
Veteran

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 2660
Location: down there where chaos prevails
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:49 pm 
 

it's just a dumbass joke, don't waste your time thinking about it

Top
 Profile  
EmeraldEdge9832
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:01 pm
Posts: 174
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:09 pm 
 

Empyreal wrote:
You're such a fucking tool. Yeah 'cause this thread isn't about anything else but laughing at silly deathcore bands...please...I'm sure you think you're real tough and everything, real cool because you don't like bands that other people like, but get over yourself.

I bet you think that everything you post is 100% correct.

Top
 Profile  
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Posts: 19216
Location: Where the dead rule the night
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:18 pm 
 

EmeraldEdge9832 wrote:
Empyreal wrote:
You're such a fucking tool. Yeah 'cause this thread isn't about anything else but laughing at silly deathcore bands...please...I'm sure you think you're real tough and everything, real cool because you don't like bands that other people like, but get over yourself.

I bet you think that everything you post is 100% correct.


Basically.
_________________
Cinema Freaks latest reviews: The Nun

Top
 Profile  
mirages
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:31 pm
Posts: 33
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:42 pm 
 

I wonder were SS will go after this

Top
 Profile  
the_raytownian
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:09 am
Posts: 2292
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:58 pm 
 

Marag wrote:
it's just a dumbass joke, don't waste your time thinking about it


There has to be a discernible punchline for a joke, really. :\
I just can't read your tone to even discern what the punchline is... Frankly, I am just curious because "IDGI".

But you're right, it's not exactly important to the thread.
_________________
Disgrace to the corpse of Metal Archives!
Discogs | Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
skull_king
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 36
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:13 am 
 

Not a life changing thing, but it's like the death of Ryan Dunn, sad and it sucks
_________________
I am the Skull King

Top
 Profile  
Caj1
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:33 am
Posts: 25
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:49 am 
 

I never cared for them or their music, but it's still sad that this happened. I feel bad for his daughter and even feel bad for the fans. I know I'd be distraught if one of my favorite bands' vocalist died.


Also, for those of you who seem to think it's the funniest thing in the world, remember that just because he was in a deathcore band doesn't mean that he deserved to die. Grow the fuck up and stop trying to be edgy; you only display how immature you are when you act like this.
_________________
All the crap I listen to, add me or don't.
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 am
Posts: 10819
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:50 am 
 

Saw this on a Facebook group:

SUICIDE SILENCE Frontman Was Drunk At Time Of Fatal Crash Says Wife

Mitch Lucker's wife says that she begged the frontman not to leave the house before he got on his cherished Harley Davidson motorcycle which led to road accident taking his life on Halloween.
Lucker was seriously injured and was treated at the scene by paramedics. He died shortly after 6 a.m. on Thursday at UC Irvine Medical Center.

"He was an alcoholic, and it's a been a big battle," Mitch's widow, Jolie Carmadella stated. "I tried to stop him. I was in front of him begging him not to leave the house. Begging him. 'Just seriously, for us, don't leave.' And he did. And this is what happened.

"It's a wake-up call. He was an amazing man. He was a wonderful father and a great husband. And now he's gonna miss out on watching Kenadee [daughter] grow, because he decided to drink and ride.

"Just don't. Just think before you guys do something stupid. Please learn from this. Please."
_________________
My collection

Top
 Profile  
CorpseFister
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:07 pm
Posts: 1967
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:52 am 
 

Yeah, drunk driving is awful. Really shitty, I feel bad for his daughter and wife. Hopefully some fans of the band for feel affected by this (especially the younger ones) learn from his death and don't make the same mistake.

Top
 Profile  
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 am
Posts: 10819
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:01 am 
 

Totally. A guy I knew from school is paralysed from sober motorcycling. Being drunk on a motorcycle is a great way to become a statistic like Mitch.
_________________
My collection

Top
 Profile  
Caj1
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:33 am
Posts: 25
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:04 am 
 

Speaking of drunk motorcycling, I'm going to say that Mitch brought it on himself at least somewhat, but it's still a damned shame when something like this happens.

On another note, my dad used to ride his motorcycle drunk all the time. It nearly killed him. If he hadn't been wearing his helmet when he crashed, his head would have been nothing but a 100-yard-long red streak on the pavement.
_________________
All the crap I listen to, add me or don't.
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
halfformedfetus
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:12 am
Posts: 420
Location: the Matrix
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:48 am 
 

I have never heard Suicide Silence, but sad he died i hope his friends and family are ok, i wonder if the band with split up now

Top
 Profile  
Caj1
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:33 am
Posts: 25
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:58 am 
 

As much as I hate Suicide Silence and bands of their ilk, I kind of hope they manage to soldier on.
_________________
All the crap I listen to, add me or don't.
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
DarthVenom
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:56 am
Posts: 611
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:14 am 
 

I really don't say this first sentence to be disrespectful to the dead, but drunk driving is one of the most irresponsible things you can do. I was leafing through the booklet of Savatage - Handful Of Rain the other day, and was reminded that it was a drunk driver who took Criss Oliva's life. Whether you kill yourself or someone else by driving under the influence, it's still terrible, because if somebody dies, then that somebody is leaving behind family that will never heal, projects that will never see completion, et cetera. It feels to me like putting up a sudden wall in front of everything that could have been. Mr. Lucker apparently had a problem with the bottle, but he was young, and if this hadn't happened, he might have been able to defeat his personal demons down the road.

The band has a pretty big following, even if I never understood the appeal. I hope that at least a few of their fans take this to heart and never step behind the wheel drunk.

Top
 Profile  
Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 380
Location: Buried somewhere....
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:31 am 
 

mirages wrote:
I wonder were SS will go after this

Probably the same thing any other band will usually do when when their band member dies.
_________________
My Blog!

Top
 Profile  
Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:04 pm
Posts: 1330
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:08 am 
 

VoidApostle wrote:
I don't understand people rejoicing that Suicide Silence might disband. If you despise something that much, couldn't you just, you know... not listen to it...? I'm not a fan of their music either, but I completely forgot about their existence until I saw this thread.
Well...you beat me to it.

Here's what I wrote on my Facebook that day:

"Suicide Silence and all that other shit is so awful, it's not even funny. But those who are praising this guy's death really need to grow up. Just because the music sucks doesn't mean he deserved to die. Get a life. And those who are whining and crying about his death, you can shut up, too. You act like you went fishing with the guy last week. I bet you've never lost someone close to you in your life."

After a brief discussion through comments with friends, I commented this:

"I could give a shit less about that band and all that other deathcore garbage. I don't even know what he played in the band. I got the same kind of feeling when the guy from Lamb of God went to jail. Everyone said, "He should stay in jail. Blah blah blah, then I won't have to listen to his music anymore." Well, if you didn't listen to his music when he was a free man, what damn bit of difference does it make?"

I think I was most frustrated seeing so many people claim they were in tears over his death, and how much they'll miss him, as if they knew him personally. Meanwhile, I had a friend (and a REAL underground musician) pass away that day, three years prior.
_________________
My black metal band:
www.facebook.com/OfficialOakmoon

Top
 Profile  
Opus
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:06 am
Posts: 1800
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:34 am 
 

Are you all mourning his death because he was known. I never listened to the band, and I didnt even know the name of the dude, so why on earth should I be sad about his death? How many unknown 28 year olds died today? How many of you care about them?

For everyone who enjoyed the band, or had some sort of relation to this person, participating in this thread is fine.
Everyone else saying "rip fellow human being, look at me how big of a man I am", why?
_________________
Do the words Heavy Metal mean anything to you other than buttcore, technical progressive assgrind or the like?
Dudemanguy wrote:
Opus is pretty much the latest and greatest

Top
 Profile  
Riffs
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:48 am
Posts: 908
Location: Montréal, Québec
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:30 pm 
 

Opus wrote:
For everyone who enjoyed the band, or had some sort of relation to this person, participating in this thread is fine.
Everyone else saying "rip fellow human being, look at me how big of a man I am", why?


So, it's OK to participate if we care about the band, but not if we care about a fellow human being?

""I'm a badass devoid of compassion, look at me how big of a man I am"
_________________
mjollnir wrote:
Noble Beast's debut album is way beyond MOST of what Priest did in the 80s.

Top
 Profile  
Napero
GedankenPanzer

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:16 pm
Posts: 8537
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 pm 
 

The first thought I had when I found out that he died in a motorcycle crash was literally "drugs, alcohol, or simply douchebag horseplay in traffic?" It does minimize the pity I feel for the guy that it was booze.

However... I wonder how long it will take many of you to realize how idiotic, juvenile, and retardedly toughguy-wannabe it sounds when you claim to rejoice in someone's death because you happen to dislike his band's music? I've said it before, and many sane people on this thread have implied it, but actually hating a band hard enough to say you are happy someone died means you've paid attention to the band, listened to their music, actively engaged in discussions about them, and generally spent your time not liking them. That's retarded. If "atheism" is a "religion" in the same sense as "not collecting stamps" is a "hobby", then "disliking a band enough to publicly rejoice on a band member's death" is "disliking the band in the same sense as listening to them anyway and making an actual effort to display that dislike to people who are not interested in the least on your opinion, and perhaps scoring some imaginary scene points or toughguy street cred in the process". That means the band is a sore tooth that the tongue can't help probing to you, something you can't disregard and let go, and that eats away your credibility. Grow up, grow pubic hair, and act like an adult; it seems too much like an effort to hide a guilty pleasure this way.

Let the guy rest in piece, no matter how bad music he made, and understand that there still are people who will mourn him, and who will be heavily affected by his untimely death; and that calls for some respect, or at the very least shutting the fuck up, unless you are an uncivilized savage who considers farting loudly in a dinner table a form of higher art. There are standards set by the civilization, and if you insult a dead person based on something as superficial as his band's music, you need to be bitchslapped quite a few times; I like to think that the MA is above this kind of moronic behaviour, and if it isn't, it might be time to prune the branches of this fruit tree a bit.

And yes, I did personally think that he got what he deserved; that's the most desirable result of drunken driving, getting yourself killed instead of ending someone else's life. But that's something I would not be mentioning here as my only opinion, but rather as a tiny footnote, had I felt like posting for some other reason. Respect the dead; you will definitely be one of them sooner than you'd like.

And with this, it's time to close this thread and let the silliness be buried by the sands of time. Every now and then we get threads that are far from the most glorious moments of the MA's history, and this particular one is one of those.
_________________
Chest wounds suck (when properly inflicted).
-Butch-

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Zelkiiro and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group