Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
metallikohermetiko
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:08 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:06 pm 
 

Hi, i was submitting a band called "Reactor", here's some proof of a physical release:

Code:
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/68018_388418577909677_1405086089_n.jpg


Thank you.

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Anthropophagus

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 2546
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:13 pm 
 

That doesn't really prove that it's a physical release, at least not definitively. All that is, is a digitally manufactured image of cover art and what could be an actual CD or simply the image of what the CD could look like. It would confirm to us that it's an actual CD if there was a photo of the CD in its case.

Top
 Profile  
metallikohermetiko
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:08 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:18 pm 
 

ok, i will upload a personal photo of the cd later

Top
 Profile  
hydralisca
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 am
Posts: 5
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:25 pm 
 

they have told me
"Has the EP been released physically, or not...? If not, PLEASE stop trying to submit - because we don't accept mp3-only bands!

but the EP of the band who i have upload are physically!!!! and ive upload the image front EP....
with whom must speak for making it understand?

Top
 Profile  
Uncolored
Death Metal Fundamentalist

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:19 am
Posts: 755
Location: Cagliari/Italy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:21 pm 
 

hydralisca wrote:
they have told me

with whom must speak for making it understand?


scrivi a me cosa vuoi fare. in italiano. grazie
_________________
Germaniac wrote:
Caller Of The Storms may be black, but he has an aryan heart.

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand

Top
 Profile  
Nucleus
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:39 am
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 am 
 

Hello,

why was "Estoner" rejected and blacklisted? I wasn't the one who submitted it first, so I don't see the official reason. Not metal enough?

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8773
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:39 am 
 

Yes, they were judged to be stoner rock.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
DreadlockMocio
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:57 am 
 

Why Ahna from Canada was rejected?? that's metal there are sludge and black parts, crust is only an influence...
- http://ahna.bandcamp.com/album/empire-2

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8773
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:15 am 
 

If they have a physical release it's because they were judged to be non-metal. Dude, you know the rules... I can't check the band right now, I'll do it later tonight.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 am 
 

DreadlockMocio wrote:
Why Ahna from Canada was rejected?? that's metal there are sludge and black parts, crust is only an influence...
- http://ahna.bandcamp.com/album/empire-2

DreadlockMocio, you already tried submitting this a couple days ago, and I rejected it for the very clear reason of it being crusty sludge.

Please don't come to this thread complaining about a moderator's decision, or else we'll end up having to gag you (like we did GraveWish).
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Phsphs
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:47 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Bulgaria
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:33 pm 
 

Recently, i wanted to add the Bulgarian band Overgame to the list in Metal Archives but it was rejected because moderators claimed that it was not metal enough. I added a link to their MySpace profile but now I realize it's not very actual. So i decided to post a link to some songs from the album here. Listen and judge!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2g7n9v

Top
 Profile  
DreadlockMocio
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:41 am 
 

Oh sorry, i will never do it again! I would like to ask something about a band that i don't know if submit or not because i don't know if it will be considered more metal or crust.. i'm talking about Alpinist from Germany, is this metal for you? I found them similiar to Nuclear Death Terror (listed here)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zuEtBl ... re=related
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXE3zkNy ... re=related
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgvPqOTK ... re=related
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS79oCH- ... re=related

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:56 am 
 

DreadlockMocio wrote:
Oh sorry, i will never do it again!

Actually, another moderator stated that Ahna was't completely unacceptable for the site, and I was perhaps too hasty with rejecting them.

I've taken them off the blacklist and you can resubmit them for reappraisal... but don't be too surprised if they're rejected again.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
dansmaccabre
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:11 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:32 am 
 

About Project Silence.

Here is couple songs from their album:

http://www.projectsilence.info/5%20Proj ... Keeper.mp3

http://www.projectsilence.info/3%20Proj ... eality.mp3

http://www.projectsilence.info/7%20Project%20Silence%20-%20Alone%20(Crushed%20by%20Your%20Lies).mp3

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:09 pm 
 

Alhadis wrote:
DreadlockMocio wrote:
Oh sorry, i will never do it again!

Actually, another moderator stated that Ahna was't completely unacceptable for the site, and I was perhaps too hasty with rejecting them.

I've taken them off the blacklist and you can resubmit them for reappraisal... but don't be too surprised if they're rejected again.

Tony and I agreed that the band is acceptable. DreadlockMocio, just resubmit and we'll approve it.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
TheWho
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 1:59 am
Posts: 5
Location: Bangladesh
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:08 pm 
 

Heyy guys,

My band Auflader's profile was rejected because it failed to meet your requirements. Well to be honest, we released our first single online on youtube long before the 'V/A compilation' came out (you can check the dates). But later, we got this deal from the compilation, and its then that we re-released it as a part of the V/A album under a local label. So, in that case it falls under 'self-release' as well. So, are you going to allow the profile if we mention the release as a 'self-release'? Hope you do, and allow us to be a part of this honorable site.

Thanks.

\,,/

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1337
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:20 pm 
 

Well... The thing is that you must have a physical, tangible release already avaliable and out there to be accepted. Various artists compilations are not accepted though, so, no matter how physical it is, if your only "non-VA-comp" release is a digital single, then it's not enough. Feel free to come back when you have a physical release on your own.
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on being his birthday wrote:
Today is King of Underground's come to earth anniversary, now apologize for your miscreant behaviour!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:13 am 
 

dansmaccabre wrote:

Regardless of the music, the album appears to be digital-only. Can you provide proof that there is a physical release as well?

Phsphs wrote:
Recently, i wanted to add the Bulgarian band Overgame to the list in Metal Archives but it was rejected because moderators claimed that it was not metal enough. I added a link to their MySpace profile but now I realize it's not very actual. So i decided to post a link to some songs from the album here. Listen and judge!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2g7n9v

Removed from the blacklist. Resubmit, but please include that link.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Zed4711
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:34 am
Posts: 7
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:05 am 
 

Hi, I was wondering about the band Æþelruna(formerly Adalruna).
I trid to submit & it was rejected, I believe this was because it was believed to be more dark ambient than black metal, but I've looked at the new releases & they seem to be quite metal.
Anyway here are some samples for clarification.

http://soundcloud.com/tracks/search?q=% ... 3%BEelruna
_________________
_____________________________________________________________________________
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sons-of-Surtur/214219135270077
I am LVPINE
http://www.svn-okklt.com/
Great music, great philosophy

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 am 
 

Zed4711 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering about the band Æþelruna(formerly Adalruna).
I trid to submit & it was rejected, I believe this was because it was believed to be more dark ambient than black metal, but I've looked at the new releases & they seem to be quite metal.
Anyway here are some samples for clarification.

http://soundcloud.com/tracks/search?q=% ... 3%BEelruna

I don't know which of those songs are supposed to be from a new release (nevermind that you didn't provide proof for this release being physical anyway), but they all still sound more like ambient than black metal.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
metallikohermetiko
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:08 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Argentina
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:41 am 
 

Sorry for the delay, here there are some personal pics from the band Reactor:

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/ZKi69.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/A7kMj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jOG90.jpg

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:47 am 
 

metallikohermetiko wrote:
Sorry for the delay, here there are some personal pics from the band Reactor:

Code:
http://i.imgur.com/ZKi69.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/A7kMj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jOG90.jpg

Resubmit.

EDIT: And approved.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Phsphs
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:47 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Bulgaria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:44 pm 
 

Hi,
Recently, i wanted to add the Bulgarian band Overgame to the list in Metal Archives but it was rejected because moderators claimed that it was not metal enough. I added a link to their MySpace profile but now I realize it's not very actual. So i decided to post a link to some songs from the album here. Listen and judge!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2g7n9v

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:56 pm 
 

Phsphs wrote:
Hi,
Recently, i wanted to add the Bulgarian band Overgame to the list in Metal Archives but it was rejected because moderators claimed that it was not metal enough. I added a link to their MySpace profile but now I realize it's not very actual. So i decided to post a link to some songs from the album here. Listen and judge!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2g7n9v

I already answered you.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Phsphs
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:47 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Bulgaria
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:53 pm 
 

O.K. thank you

Top
 Profile  
DreadlockMocio
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:33 am 
 

Quote:
Tony and I agreed that the band is acceptable. DreadlockMocio, just resubmit and we'll approve it.

That's okay!! i just wait to have less than 5 bands in the queue and i'll resubmit!

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:03 am 
 

DreadlockMocio wrote:
That's okay!! i just wait to have less than 5 bands in the queue and i'll resubmit!

Feel free to resubmit now. ;)
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 am 
 

OscarZulu wrote:
Long-time lurker here. I use m-a all the time. Even got the Android app--thanks!

England's Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell is blacklisted. Are they not metal enough? The Shovell is similar to the stoner metal band, Axxicorn, and they're listed. I can see the argument for and against The Shovell, but I think they make a good enough case to be included in the metal-archives.


http://youtu.be/B0tKsIhMpFs --a bit of a long intro, which picks up at 2:15

http://axxicorn.bandcamp.com/album/war-of-the-giants

If not, I get it.

After some internal discussion it was decided that they are metal enough. Page can be found here.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
ThorsAngel
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:21 am
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 am 
 

Hi, few days ago I saw the band Impuration (http://www.facebook.com/impuration) here in the archives but somehow they got deleted, I can't find them anymore through search or not even in the country list "Turkey". Why are they deleted? Did you find out afterwards that they are not "metal" enough for the archives or what was the reason?

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 am 
 

ThorsAngel wrote:
Hi, few days ago I saw the band Impuration (http://www.facebook.com/impuration) here in the archives but somehow they got deleted, I can't find them anymore through search or not even in the country list "Turkey". Why are they deleted? Did you find out afterwards that they are not "metal" enough for the archives or what was the reason?

I remember there was something wrong with their physical release, something dubious. Unfortunately I can't recall what it was exactly. I think something about it not having been released yet. Do you have proof to the contrary?

My deletion note says "dubious PR, better wait until more info comes up".
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
ThorsAngel
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:21 am
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:10 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
ThorsAngel wrote:
Hi, few days ago I saw the band Impuration (http://www.facebook.com/impuration) here in the archives but somehow they got deleted, I can't find them anymore through search or not even in the country list "Turkey". Why are they deleted? Did you find out afterwards that they are not "metal" enough for the archives or what was the reason?

I remember there was something wrong with their physical release, something dubious. Unfortunately I can't recall what it was exactly. I think something about it not having been released yet. Do you have proof to the contrary?

My deletion note says "dubious PR, better wait until more info comes up".


As far as I know there was a picture of the CD in their release data, and there was some info that it was self-released. I don't know I didn't see a self-released copy myself but the label "Ars Funebris Records" seems to be releasing it these days on CD http://www.facebook.com/impuration/post ... 0441321867

I hope you didn't blacklist the band. If the CD gets finally released, I'd like to add them again. Cheers ;)

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:17 am 
 

No, I didn't blacklist it. When the issue is cleared up I can simply restore the deleted entry.

I can't find proof for the supposed self-release either and there's only mention about it going to be released in October on their FB wall, nothing that it has been released and can be ordered. I also can't find the CD in Ars Funebris' online store.

I'll contact the band about it.

EDIT: Their response:
Quote:
Hails!!!

Thanks for your question.

Yeah, it will be released as CD format by Ars Funebris Records in November. We've planned to release in October, but the layout design works delayed.

However South American label Bestial Desecration Records will release it as tape format on next days.

Regards...
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9620
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 pm 
 

Phsphs wrote:
Recently, i wanted to add the Bulgarian band Overgame to the list in Metal Archives but it was rejected because moderators claimed that it was not metal enough. I added a link to their MySpace profile but now I realize it's not very actual. So i decided to post a link to some songs from the album here. Listen and judge!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2g7n9v

Except the Myspace contains the same songs from the same album... it's not "outdated" at all, it's the same shit, they only have one album. Your Sendspace link just contains additional songs from the same album, that's all. And guess what, they're still radio-friendly alt-rock peppered with some Black Album-lite riffs that last for a few seconds before going back to Evanescence territory.

Azmodes un-blacklisted them from good faith due to your misleading post that the Myspace contained songs from a previous era of the band when it wasn't even true. You're just wasting our time now. Don't do that again.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Tot_alVital
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:53 pm
Posts: 107
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:43 am 
 

Question.

Why is Germ (AUS) on the blacklist and Grey Waters (who clearly is declared as ` Depressive Rock `) accepted on Metal-Archives? Tim Yatras is active in both bands and both bands are also under the flag of Eisenwald Tonschmiede. I remembered long ago a moderator told me, that Grey Waters was accepted because

1. there are persons active in which are also active in Metal-bands and -projects
2. the band is in contract with a label which distributes worldwide

So, now I ask myself, why shouldn`t accepted Germ? Just because Tim Yatras goes here a more and more avantgarde way (but still very related to Black Metal and AT LEAST Metal)?
For in my opinion (and certainly not only in my opinion) Germ is very much more Metal than Grey Waters (inherently this is declared as `Depressive Rock`; where is here "the oh so beloved magic word `Metal`" ? And the next is `Progressive Pop` ?). And I think it would be an addendum that absolutely should not be missed, not only due the fact, that just this person namely Tim Yatras is a very important and game-changing individual for the call it `scene` or `Metal` but also therefore he`s active (or was active) in various other bands apparent on metal-archives.
_________________
WANTLIST:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94949&p=2175316#p2175316

TRADE / FOR SALE:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=94310&p=2160991#p2160991

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:56 am 
 

@Germ/Grey Waters: I'll quote Nightgaunt on this:
Nightgaunt wrote:
Grey Waters was created and released an album while Yatras was still involved with at least one of the bands he is most well-known for (that being Woods of Desolation, itself widely seen as a continuation of Austere). Germ, which is younger (at least as a recording entity), it seems was the band he moved onto after leaving WoD, ruling the latter band out as a factor for making an admission based on the SP rule. Label considerations (e.g. that both are on Eisenwald Tonschmiede) would be secondary/subservient to this basic foundational criterion, meaning that you've posed a false dichotomy in that sense.

(this was in response to another mod, but serendipitously it fits perfectly as an answer here)

So it would seem that while Grey Waters was a side-project, Germ now is more along the lines of a main project. Germ was also found not metal, by the way.

You may disagree, but be advised that we are currently in the process of reviewing the side-projects and exceptions currently listed on the site. We'd like to move away from the mechanistic approach we took to it in the past towards a more case-by-case reviewing process where relevance, listenership and "side-project-ness" are the main considerations. Until we have that sorted out, users are -as written in the rules, actually- discouraged from submitting any SPs they think might have a place here. This clause has been way overused and bent in the past.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Tot_alVital
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:53 pm
Posts: 107
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:05 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
@Germ/Grey Waters: I'll quote Nightgaunt on this:
Nightgaunt wrote:
Grey Waters was created and released an album while Yatras was still involved with at least one of the bands he is most well-known for (that being Woods of Desolation, itself widely seen as a continuation of Austere). Germ, which is younger (at least as a recording entity), it seems was the band he moved onto after leaving WoD, ruling the latter band out as a factor for making an admission based on the SP rule. Label considerations (e.g. that both are on Eisenwald Tonschmiede) would be secondary/subservient to this basic foundational criterion, meaning that you've posed a false dichotomy in that sense.

(this was in response to another mod, but serendipitously it fits perfectly as an answer here)

So it would seem that while Grey Waters was a side-project, Germ now is more along the lines of a main project. Germ was also found not metal, by the way.

You may disagree, but be advised that we are currently in the process of reviewing the side-projects and exceptions currently listed on the site. We'd like to move away from the mechanistic approach we took to it in the past towards a more case-by-case reviewing process where relevance, listenership and "side-project-ness" are the main considerations. Until we have that sorted out, users are -as written in the rules, actually- discouraged from submitting any SPs they think might have a place here. This clause has been way overused and bent in the past.


But it is still Metal, in other case you should remove bands like Blacklodge etc.
_________________
WANTLIST:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94949&p=2175316#p2175316

TRADE / FOR SALE:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=94310&p=2160991#p2160991

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:16 am 
 

What I'm hearing on Youtube doesn't sound like metal at all. Atmospheric rock with various overtones.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Tot_alVital
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:53 pm
Posts: 107
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:31 am 
 

This is your point of view.


This is the point of view of much others:

http://www.stormbringer.at/reviews.php?id=7742

http://www.schwermetall.ch/cdkritiken/kritik4024.php

http://avantgarde-metal.com/content/reviews2.php?id=679

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/51509/Germ-Wish/

http://www.metal.de/black-metal/review/germ/49673-wish/


...this list could get much longer.

As you see, everywhere is it mentioned as Metal. Metal at least. Only which subgenre, above that one can argue.
_________________
WANTLIST:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94949&p=2175316#p2175316

TRADE / FOR SALE:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=94310&p=2160991#p2160991

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:46 am 
 

Of course it's my point of view. And others are entitled to theirs. But this site doesn't concern itself with opinions voiced on other sites. We're not run by Allmusic or Wikipedia or financed by some webzine, the site is privately owned and run and the owners/staff reserve their right to be the judge for accepting or rejecting bands based on their points of view alone.

I can see from some more samples that there are certainly influences from black metal. Some of the drumming and the occasional vocals, but as far as this site mainly defines what it considers to be metal enough it is lacking, i.e. in terms of metal riffs. The music sounds predominantly ambient/electronic/rock, the metal touches are not the foundation, more another minor ingredient for the whole thing.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Tot_alVital
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:53 pm
Posts: 107
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:32 am 
 

I understand that sometimes Metal-Archives is an encyclopaedia run by subjective, blinkered horses. I forgive you.

(This is my point of view and I do not assume responsibility for what my fingers tipped above.)
_________________
WANTLIST:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94949&p=2175316#p2175316

TRADE / FOR SALE:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=94310&p=2160991#p2160991

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169 ... 293  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group