Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BrianDarko
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:03 pm 

I have been producing alot of my friend's band's Music lately, and i thought it was pretty strange i don't have something of my own going. Although my music taste is a little strange, im sure some of you know it, and some of you might just figure out you like it!

It is very simple, if you know how to hook up a guitar up to your computer, or know how to record drums very well, And all you would have to do is record it. I can do everything else.

I have been producing for a while, so if you need any help whatsoever give me a shout. To record your drums, i recommend the old fashion way. This means setting your drums up a good 15 to 20 feet away from your cpu, and recording it while you play. you can even put a rag over your mic to make it sound a little better. Everyone knows how to use a mic to sing, so i wont go into it.
all you need to hook up your guitar and bass is a large to small adapter that looks like this

You yourself can put some amp effects on your recordings. I can also do that in crazy amounts. i have alot of programs for producing, so if you dont have a way to make your guitar sound evil and badass, i can do that for you. I will be the guy who produces our music. i can put all the tracks together, and make it sound badass.
i will also send you guys the files, and you can send them between you to jam along to it.

I can sing as well as play bass, but if you are a bass player, or a singer: no worries! this will be an open jam session, that anyone could join!

We can have as many guitarists/bassists/singers/drummers as we want! shit, we could even turn this into a big doom orchestra if we wanted to.

The music types i would like to play are: Doom, stoner, and drone Metal/Rock.
if you dont have a clue what this is, let me give you a few examples.

SKIP TO 0:50

Orange Goblin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16tvziZxBko

and the beginning riff of this song.

http://youtu.be/Vgn9QU60jcA

Please note we are not only going to be playing this kind of music, we can mix it up with anything we want to.
If you are interested please leave a comment, id love to hear you guys!

BUT DO NOTE: NO SCREAMY STUFF.

If you need any help whatsoever on this subject or any subject mentioned, PLEASE ppost a comment, and ill tell you whats up. this has been my job for about 4 years, so i know all the goods to start this up, and who knows! we could post this somewhere, and people will love it!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:06 pm 

Moving this to the Musicians forum. We have an active doom challenge, you might want to join.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=93271

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:50 pm 

pm sent

Violent_Possessor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:09 am 

This sounds awesome.

Reply to topic