Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 am 
 

So i have this "problem" with you on this site: I uploaded the band of mine here, and i got the answer that the reason for the rejection was because it is not a physical release! Answer and then some questions to you:

Indeed it is not a physical release, since first of all its just released. Second it has no label and third no i have not made copies myself and i was not thinking to do so atleast not yet!

QUESTIONS:
-How do YOU know if i had a physical release OR NOT - THE FIRST time you rejected my upload?!
-What if i uploaded the image as it is on the computer?!
-What about other bands here that does not have physical releases?!
-What about when my first project was uploaded here(not by myself) 3 years ago, and he uploaded the picture for that DEMO TAPE without problem?! And it was even BEFORE i made 100 tape copies later aswell - without a label!!!
-What about bands that upload their albums, EPs etc ALSO BEFORE the date of the release, WITH the digital image and not by taking photographs of the physical release?
-So what you are saying to ME(the one who did this) is that i must pay to make a physical release BEFORE!(eventhough there is many cases here where there exists uploads of releases BEFORE the release!) even if it is only ONE copy for myself?!

At first i seriously thought you rejected the first time because of a very small cdcover image. Also that which is uploaded know cannot be any bigger with size smaller then 50kb. Just if i destroyed the quality and image totally.

I feel not treated FAIR with this, since i bet i can find bands right now who have uploaded digital images and NOT photographs OF the physical release! in fact i have only seen rather few with uploaded photographs of the physical release.

Please what is your answer to this?

Top
 Profile  
Vautour
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:05 am
Posts: 24
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:39 am 
 

MysticWoods wrote:
in fact i have only seen rather few with uploaded photographs of the physical release.



The picture of the actual physical release is not shown on the band's page in the Archives. It's basically only visible for the moderators when you try to add a band.

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:43 am 
 

Vautour wrote:
MysticWoods wrote:
in fact i have only seen rather few with uploaded photographs of the physical release.



The picture of the actual physical release is not shown on the band's page in the Archives. It's basically only visible for the moderators when you try to add a band.


So you say that aside fro muploading the digital image, i upload pictures of photographs taken of it? In that case where? I only saw ONE upload form for uploading the cdcover. And still i stand to the other things i wrote aswell, about taking pictures of a physical release and all that!

Top
 Profile  
Vautour
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:05 am
Posts: 24
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:49 am 
 

MysticWoods wrote:
Vautour wrote:

The picture of the actual physical release is not shown on the band's page in the Archives. It's basically only visible for the moderators when you try to add a band.


So you say that aside fro muploading the digital image, i upload pictures of photographs taken of it? In that case where? I only saw ONE upload form for uploading the cdcover. And still i stand to the other things i wrote aswell, about taking pictures of a physical release and all that!



You take a picture of the physical release (or scan it so that it can be seen well), then you upload the picture to for example http://imageshack.us/ and when you are on the "add a band" page, you paste the link into the "Submission notes:
(evidence of physical release, distribution, metalness, etc.)" section, together with links to some songs (YouTube, Soundcloud, whatever).

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6010
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:53 am 
 

CHAINS wrote:
What about Chains did you guys checked out the link i sent you?

It sounded like OK drone doom to me at first listen, so you can resubmit with the Soundcloud link included.

Vautour wrote:
Apart from that, I thought it was enough if one of a band's albums was "significantly metal". Soulfly were accepted because of their last album although all their other albums were "not metal enough", while Signal the Firing Squad released one album and two EPs in their "old (more metallish) style". I just think that that's kind of unfair. Thy Art Is Murder for example were also accepted because of their second release, while the first EP wasn't.

Well, the album you linked to wasn't exactly "significantly metal", but I thought if it was their only one/their style was consistently like this it's just about acceptable enough, although still borderline. If their newer album is less metal, though, then the whole thing kind of comes apart. Add to that that two mods disagree on the acceptability of the first album.

MysticWoods wrote:
Indeed it is not a physical release, since first of all its just released. Second it has no label and third no i have not made copies myself and i was not thinking to do so atleast not yet!

Then... why did you submit in the first place? :|

Quote:
-How do YOU know if i had a physical release OR NOT - THE FIRST time you rejected my upload?!

Because... you didn't provide any evidence for it in your submission? We didn't know, that's why it was rejected. Something I'm not getting here?

Quote:
-What if i uploaded the image as it is on the computer?!

Not sure what you mean, but a digital image of the cover is obviously not proof for a physical release.

Quote:
-What about other bands here that does not have physical releases?!

There are no such bands here, and if there are (mistakes can happen), feel free to report them.

Quote:
-What about when my first project was uploaded here(not by myself) 3 years ago, and he uploaded the picture for that DEMO TAPE without problem?! And it was even BEFORE i made 100 tape copies later aswell - without a label!!!

As I said, mistakes can happen, perhaps the mod thought the tape was already out based on the photos. I have no idea as I'm not psychic. That's not really relevant to your case right now anyway.

Quote:
-What about bands that upload their albums, EPs etc ALSO BEFORE the date of the release, WITH the digital image and not by taking photographs of the physical release?

A band must have a physical, already released album in order to get accepted. I don't know what you're getting at with this exactly, but such a band would get rejected.

Quote:
-So what you are saying to ME(the one who did this) is that i must pay to make a physical release BEFORE!(eventhough there is many cases here where there exists uploads of releases BEFORE the release!) even if it is only ONE copy for myself?!

What? We need a publicly available, physical release. Simple. What is so outlandish about that? If you see albums added to bands that aren't released yet it's because they have another, physical release already out. Upcoming albums can be added to such bands if artwork, tracklist and release date are known and confirmed by an official source.

Quote:
I feel not treated FAIR with this, since i bet i can find bands right now who have uploaded digital images and NOT photographs OF the physical release! in fact i have only seen rather few with uploaded photographs of the physical release.

How about you take care of your own submission before whining about others? As Vautour said, proof of physical release is not readily visible for normal users once the band has been accepted, it goes into the submission notes upon submission. Once you see a band approved here you can be sure that it was reviewed in regards to the physical release rule and the evidence included considered, no matter how the actual entry may look to a normal user. I don't know the band you're talking about, it was rejected by another mod, but if you have something physically out, take pictures of a couple of copies and include those as evidence. If it isn't out already or if you only have one copy for now(?) or if it's only digital, then don't submit.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3620
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:59 am 
 

I believe it was Fulgurius who rejected his first attempt, and it was me who rejected it the second time giving him the routine run-down on what exactly he needs to provide by way of a physical release.

MysticWoods, this encyclopaedia's purpose is to document every physical, lasting metal RELEASE that's been openly distributed in the world. Not to document the existence of every metal BAND. So, sorry if you feel indignant because you haven't produced physical releases, but rules are rules. To us, a bunch of mp3s isn't a release.

And your release has to be by no means expensive and professional (though that's always a damn nice thing to have). Pressing a bunch of 50 CDrs yourself with DIY covers is fine - and probably not at all that much of a hit to your wallet.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
bloodyripper
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 am
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:00 am 
 

Hi , may I know why this band is rejected?

I think they sound heavy enough although there are some clean vocals here and there...same with bands such as The Agonists...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxRLhN_F ... ata_player

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:10 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Not sure what you mean, but a digital image of the cover is obviously not proof for a physical release.


I meant that what if i uploaded the digital and did not bother to upload any photographs.

Azmodes wrote:
If it isn't out already or if you only have one copy for now(?) or if it's only digital, then don't submit.


So hypothetically. You say i must make MANY copies? ONE is not enough? And how would you know if i have 1 or 50 then? Also there is no reason to make 50 copies now aswell!...not to mention that...

Also i think i can find MANY such uploads here(that does not have physical releases or 50! copies at minimum!, but wont bother to look into it now.

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:17 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
I believe it was Fulgurius who rejected his first attempt, and it was me who rejected it the second time giving him the routine run-down on what exactly he needs to provide by way of a physical release.

MysticWoods, this encyclopaedia's purpose is to document every physical, lasting metal RELEASE that's been openly distributed in the world. Not to document the existence of every metal BAND. So, sorry if you feel indignant because you haven't produced physical releases, but rules are rules. To us, a bunch of mp3s isn't a release.

And your release has to be by no means expensive and professional (though that's always a damn nice thing to have). Pressing a bunch of 50 CDrs yourself with DIY covers is fine - and probably not at all that much of a hit to your wallet.


So i understand now your point. Although i dont fount it reasonable with ME making at minimum 50 copies!!! just to myself! Remember im at no label, and i am no shopseller either. What is DIY anyway - and how do you know my economic situation?!

Top
 Profile  
Helvede
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:28 pm
Posts: 1427
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:26 am 
 

MysticWoods wrote:
So i have this "problem" with you on this site: I uploaded the band of mine here, and i got the answer that the reason for the rejection was because it is not a physical release! Answer and then some questions to you:

Indeed it is not a physical release, since first of all its just released. Second it has no label and third no i have not made copies myself and i was not thinking to do so atleast not yet!


- Basically what you're saying here is that your band currently doesn't meet the citerias given in the site rules. That is, no physical copies of the release.

MysticWoods wrote:
QUESTIONS:
-How do YOU know if i had a physical release OR NOT - THE FIRST time you rejected my upload?!


We don't. That's the problem, you didn't give sufficient enough information. Remember that the burden of proving and convincing us that your band fits the criteria and belongs on Metal Archives is solely YOURS. If you fail to do so, don't be suprised to experience a quick rejection.

MysticWoods wrote:
-What if i uploaded the image as it is on the computer?!


- That's not proof enough. You'll still have to prove there is a physical release. This is no problem with established bands with extensive (physical) discographies, but for debuting bands, we need more. This could be a link to a distro, shop or someone who reviewed the album. Or as mentioned above, take a convincing picture, upload it to an imagehost, and include it in your bandsubmission.


MysticWoods wrote:
-What about other bands here that does not have physical releases?!


- We don't accept bands without any physical releases. We strive to avoid any, which is a hard task. If you know of any such bands here, please report them.

MysticWoods wrote:
-What about when my first project was uploaded here(not by myself) 3 years ago, and he uploaded the picture for that DEMO TAPE without problem?! And it was even BEFORE i made 100 tape copies later aswell - without a label!!!


- Not sure what you mean. A band doesn't have to be on a label to be in the archives. If that was the case, probably more than half of the 80.000 bands here should be deleted.


MysticWoods wrote:
-What about bands that upload their albums, EPs etc ALSO BEFORE the date of the release, WITH the digital image and not by taking photographs of the physical release?


- We do our best to avoid these. This is described in site rules too. Most of these are rejected if there is no evidence to back them up. Those we accpet usually have additional proof, like I wrote above. That is links to further proofs like distros, mailorder, labels, shops, reviews etc.

MysticWoods wrote:
-So what you are saying to ME(the one who did this) is that i must pay to make a physical release BEFORE!(eventhough there is many cases here where there exists uploads of releases BEFORE the release!) even if it is only ONE copy for myself?!


Exactly. Your band has not been treated different than any other band submission. Let me repeat agan, it is YOUR job to make sure your bandsubmission fits the citeria. Please show some bands here that does not fit the citeria, since you're claiming we have tons of those.

MysticWoods wrote:
I feel not treated FAIR with this, since i bet i can find bands right now who have uploaded digital images and NOT photographs OF the physical release! in fact i have only seen rather few with uploaded photographs of the physical release.

- Please, show us what you got. Show us those bands. Though, let me remind you that any additional information in bandsubmissions, when the band is still in the bandqueue, is not visible to the 'public'. Only us - the moderators - see this information/evidence, because we're the only one who have to act on that information.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3620
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 am 
 

MysticWoods wrote:
So hypothetically. You say i must make MANY copies? ONE is not enough? And how would you know if i have 1 or 50 then? Also there is no reason to make 50 copies now aswell!...not to mention that...

How would we know if you have 1 or 50? Well, in your case, you'd be taking a photograph of every copy you have on hand, since you're now in a position where you appear very determined to get onto the site. We won't just accept you burning 5 CDrs without covers and going "HERE YOU ARE! LOOK, PHYSICAL PROOF, SEE?!". We've had people trying that enough times before...

MysticWoods wrote:
Also i think i can find MANY such uploads here(that does not have physical releases or 50! copies at minimum!, but wont bother to look into it now.

By all means, please do. If you're willing to help us weed out bands that were wrongly accepted, then you'll be doing the entire staff a favour. :p Mind you, every band that's accepted on this site was accepted because the submitter provided convincing proof of a real, physical, lasting release.

MysticWoods wrote:
So i understand now your point. Although i dont agree with ME making at minimum 50 copies!!! just to myself! Remember im at no label, and i am no shopseller either. What is DIY anyway - and how do you know my economic situation?!

DIY stands for "Do It Yourself". Basically, something you'd put together in an office, rather than a print-shop. :p
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:41 am 
 

-What about when my first project was uploaded here(not by myself) 3 years ago, and he uploaded the picture for that DEMO TAPE without problem?! And it was even BEFORE i made 100 tape copies later aswell - without a label!!!
Helvede wrote:
- Not sure what you mean. A band doesn't have to be on a label to be in the archives. If that was the case, probably more than half of the 80.000 bands here should be deleted.


I KNOW a band does not have to be on a label - (to be on this site)! That would be even more ridiculous for you as a site. What i just said was that i made 100 copies and that without a label. I was just making this point.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3620
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:44 am 
 

MysticWoods wrote:
-What about when my first project was uploaded here(not by myself) 3 years ago, and he uploaded the picture for that DEMO TAPE without problem?! And it was even BEFORE i made 100 tape copies later aswell - without a label!!!

Hey, you know what? I've got no idea what band you're even referring to. How about you provide us with the NAME of the project so one of us can go and search the forums for you and maybe find you an answer? Or... you know, you could always try doing that yourself. ;) Did you think to?

If a user managed to submit that project when you hadn't even pressed any copies of the tape yourself, then it was an obvious mistake on whatever mod approved the band.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
How would we know if you have 1 or 50? Well, in your case, you'd be taking a photograph of every copy you have on hand, since you're now in a position where you appear very determined to get onto the site. We won't just accept you burning 5 CDrs without covers and going "HERE YOU ARE! LOOK, PHYSICAL PROOF, SEE?!". We've had people trying that enough times before...


-In my case?! Why in my case. Oh nevermind! It got suspucious when you said "photo of EVERY copy i would have". If i would be determined to get into this site, i would not contineuing to write here right at this point to MAKE my point! You had people tried so much to be uploade here? I feel so sad and see how pointless that would be for them!
-There is no POINT for me to spend money on 49 xerox cdr just to be uploaded here. That would be WASTED money!!! And so i dont think this is the case here. As i said i would find many such uploads on this site!
-Are you personally making money out of this somehow, with 50 cdrs?! Or what?


Last edited by MysticWoods on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:53 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
MysticWoods wrote:
-What about when my first project was uploaded here(not by myself) 3 years ago, and he uploaded the picture for that DEMO TAPE without problem?! And it was even BEFORE i made 100 tape copies later aswell - without a label!!!

Hey, you know what? I've got no idea what band you're even referring to. How about you provide us with the NAME of the project so one of us can go and search the forums for you and maybe find you an answer? Or... you know, you could always try doing that yourself. ;) Did you think to?

If a user managed to submit that project when you hadn't even pressed any copies of the tape yourself, then it was an obvious mistake on whatever mod approved the band.


Either a misstake(and what a MISSTAKE that was :D) or either not. Meaning that i actually had released the tapes or something like that, and he had photograph proof. I dont remember...


Last edited by MysticWoods on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5241
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 am 
 

There are times when you just can't help admire the patience of the staff.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3620
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 am 
 

MysticWoods wrote:
-There is no reason for me to spend money on 49 xerox cdr just to be uploaded here!!! And so is not the case. As i said i would find many such uplaods!

Then don't. If you're not serious enough about your project to distribute your music properly, don't bother submitting.

MysticWoods wrote:
-In my case?! Why in my case. Oh nevermind! It got suspucious when you said "photo of EVERY copy i would have". If i would be determined to get into this site, i would not contineuing to write here right at this point to MAKE my point! You had people tried so much to be uploade here? I feel so sad and see how pointless that would be for them!

Well, you'd be damn surprised what kind of lengths we've had people go to just to get bogus bands into the site. We've even had one guy try and create a fake label with bullshit web-pages that were "selling" his band's "tapes". So yeah, pardon us if our suspicions elevate. Especially when the submitter of a band is the band themselves.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
jarvino
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 am
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 am 
 

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/10/09/fu ... ood-bands/

FULGORA review from well respected website.

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:14 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
Then don't. If you're not serious enough about your project to distribute your music properly, don't bother submitting.


This is NOT a distribute site. Ah, Or maybe it is?! Or more exact - a benefit site. Paying a sum for some cdrs to be uploaded! It is basically the same thing in THAT way yes! If i would distribute my stuff i would make copies and send them to people, labels ect, as any other person. Are you btw AWARE of that labels these days dont accept PROMOcds tapes etc?! I think not. Are you aware of that many labels usually accept quick clips nowadays of Youtube, Soundcloud or similiar - to listen to instead? I think not. I would also considering making the EP available for downloading at some blog or something - which in my case is also the purpose!

Alhadis wrote:
Well, you'd be damn surprised what kind of lengths we've had people go to just to get bogus bands into the site. We've even had one guy try and create a fake label with bullshit web-pages that were "selling" his band's "tapes". So yeah, pardon us if our suspicions elevate. Especially when the submitter of a band is the band themselves.


:D hehehe. As i said. A very very stupid person would do that. This is not a distribute site in any way and neither any site in any similiar way for doing something like that. I hardly believe YOU. It got suspicious when you told me to take a photograph IN MY CASE(you have something against me or what) of e v e ry cdr! Imagen how that would look :D! I personally come in here for some quick info, since this is also the first result at google usually when searching bands.

"So yeah, pardon us if our suspicions elevate. Especially when the submitter of a band is the band themselves". Eee..Yes i am the man behind this project yes. As mostly many other NEW bands do. Bands that have been around many years sure cmay be uploaded by nonmembers of each band.


Last edited by MysticWoods on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3620
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:15 am 
 

Metal Sucks... well-respected?? :lol: Oh dear, that raised a chuckle.

In that article you linked to, the author wrote:
Stream Fulgora’s “Risen” below. It and a song called “Artifice” will appear on a 7″ that should be out later this year;

Keywords: will appear. A band needs a release that's already available. You can submit the band once the 7" is out.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3620
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:20 am 
 

MysticWoods wrote:
"So yeah, pardon us if our suspicions elevate. Especially when the submitter of a band is the band themselves". Eee..Yes i am the man behind this project yes. As mostly many other NEW bands do. Bands that have been around many years sure can be uploaded by nonmembers of respective band.

Sure, but when they're complaining about having to show something physical, we switch on our "extra cautious" switch.
(That's a metaphor, BTW, there actually isn't a switch that we flip that changes our state-of-mind).

Now, from everything you're saying, it's clear that you don't want to press music physically. That's fine. Don't come here and complain when we tell you - in black-and-white, what the rules are. There's plenty of bands - if not hundreds - that've recorded music that's metal and haven't bothered releasing anything physical yet.

And your music isn't being distributed through this site. You're responsible for distributing your own music, either through social networking sites or eCommerce stores.

MysticWoods wrote:
:D hehehe. As i said. A very very stupid person would do that. This is not a distribute site in any way and neither any site in any similiar way for doing something like that. I hardly believe YOU. It got suspicious when you told me to take a photograph IN MY CASE(you have something against me or what) of e v e ry cdr! Imagen how that would look :D! I personally come in here for some quick info, since this is also the first result at google usually when searching bands.

The photograph isn't supposed to be displayed on the actual band page, it's included in the submission notes, which is readable by moderators only. :facepalm: People visiting a band's page from Google or whatever won't see the submission stuff. Have you even bothered reading our rules...? Do you even lift?
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:21 am 
 

droneriot wrote:
There are times when you just can't help admire the patience of the staff.


I dont think their rules, are well thought. So think again about their patience.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3620
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:23 am 
 

MysticWoods wrote:
I dont think their rules, are well thought. So think again about their patience.

Our rules are VERY well-thought out, thank you very much. Just because you don't agree with them, doesn't give you a right to accuse us for being slack.

It's your own fault if you haven't even bothered reading them, though.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6010
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:23 am 
 

MysticWoods, since you seem to have no intention of abiding by our rules could you please give it a rest? You don't take your project seriously enough to produce a publicly available, physical release, so we won't accept it. This is going nowhere, after having been given very clear answers by multiple members of the staff, you are now just arguing for arguing's sake. You might not agree with our rules, good, that's your right, no one is forcing you to do anything, but it is pointless to rant about it here. Stop posting about this now, thanks.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
The photograph isn't supposed to be displayed on the actual band page, it's included in the submission notes, which is readable by moderators only. :facepalm: People visiting a band's page from Google or whatever won't see the submission stuff. Have you even bothered reading our rules...? Do you even lift?


Honestly now, some of you missunderstand some of my posts. Now english is not my first language but lets make it clear again:
I KNOW THAT THE PHOTOGRAPHS ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO THE STAFF AND NOT THE ACTUAL PAGE! I would not even mind if the photograph of the physical release would show the cdcover instead of the digital!

The weird thing is you told me IN MY CASE to take a photograph of every cdr! I understand your point, although it is NOT making a logical sense - and neither do i think every band here did that yo uare saying to me! That is my point!


Last edited by MysticWoods on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3620
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 am 
 

MysticWoods wrote:
The weird thing is you told me IN MY CASE to take a photograph of every cdr! I understand your point, although it is NOT making a logical sense - and neither do i think every band here did that yo uare saying to me! That is my point!

Yes, a single photograph of every single copy so it's clear you haven't just burnt one or two copies to fool us mods. Is that so hard to grasp?

And no, not every submitter has to show that many copies in their submission notes. But when the evidence is shady, and we suspect the submitter is hell-bent on bending the rules or sneaking dubious evidence under our noses, sometimes we request evidence that's very clear and obvious from a user... like a photograph of fifty CDs, or something. :facepalm: Hell, now I regret bringing that up in my original reply.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
jarvino
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:05 am
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:33 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
Metal Sucks... well-respected?? :lol: Oh dear, that raised a chuckle.

In that article you linked to, the author wrote:
Stream Fulgora’s “Risen” below. It and a song called “Artifice” will appear on a 7″ that should be out later this year;

Keywords: will appear. A band needs a release that's already available. You can submit the band once the 7" is out.


No thanks

Top
 Profile  
Helvede
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:28 pm
Posts: 1427
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:39 am 
 

MysticWoods wrote:
The weird thing is you told me IN MY CASE to take a photograph of every cdr! I understand your point, although it is NOT making a logical sense - and neither do i think every band here did that yo uare saying to me! That is my point!


A picture like this is rather convincing:

http://www.sadomator.com/skr/images/nd-002.jpg

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:44 am 
 

Helvede wrote:
MysticWoods wrote:
The weird thing is you told me IN MY CASE to take a photograph of every cdr! I understand your point, although it is NOT making a logical sense - and neither do i think every band here did that yo uare saying to me! That is my point!


A picture like this is rather convincing:

http://www.sadomator.com/skr/images/nd-002.jpg


As i see and as i said: Suspicious suspicuous suspicious i am. Alhadis says minimum is 50 copies and to take photograph of each one, and you are showing a picture with some tapes - with 14 copies included.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3620
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:48 am 
 

MysticWoods, Azmodes told you to quit posting about this. You're beating around the bush and ranting for the sake of ranting. Just stop posting, or we'll show you the door.

Also, there is NO SET MINIMUM for how many copies need to be photographed! Again, you're taking my words WAY out of context. But I'm not going to try and explain myself all over again, because that'll just give you incentive to keep posting about this, which we're all telling you to QUIT DOING.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
MysticWoods
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:01 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
MysticWoods, Azmodes told you to quit posting about this. You're beating around the bush and ranting for the sake of ranting. Just stop posting, or we'll show you the door.

Also, there is NO SET MINIMUM for how many copies need to be photographed! Again, you're taking my words WAY out of context. But I'm not going to try and explain myself all over again, because that'll just give you incentive to keep posting about this, which we're all telling you to QUIT DOING.


I just did quotes from quoting me, not new posts about the subject.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3620
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:05 am 
 

Okay, you see the button underneath the textbox below, the one that says "submit"? Yes?

I want you to stop pressing it. Okay? THIS CASE IS CLOSED.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5402
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:57 am 
 

Vautour wrote:
I don't mean to offend anyone, but I just don't hear that "djenty -core focus". I've been a fan of the band for quite a while and have listened to both of their albums dozens of times, and while I have to agree that there are some more breakdown-focused songs on the second album, I still think that the songs generally are dominated by blastbeat speed and tremolo riffs, which are then slowed down for the breakdowns. Therefore, the death metal/deathgrind aspect is the main aspect of their music in my opinion.


Apart from that, I thought it was enough if one of a band's albums was "significantly metal". Soulfly were accepted because of their last album although all their other albums were "not metal enough", while Signal the Firing Squad released one album and two EPs in their "old (more metallish) style". I just think that that's kind of unfair. Thy Art Is Murder for example were also accepted because of their second release, while the first EP wasn't.


I realize this has been addressed already, but just in case it got lost in the Mystic Woods fiasco, I'd like to bring it up one more time. There are indeed tech death parts of the music, moreso in Earth Harvest than Abnegate, but it isn't the focus of the music. When there's not a tremolo riff or tech noodling, the music is being driven on late-era Meshuggah style "bow now na- nana- nana-na NOOWWW da na- nana" style djent riffs and brutal (yet high tempo) hardcore/deathcore breakdowns. It is like this on both albums, and if you forced me to quantify the influence, I'd say no more than 1/3 of the music is actually metal based on either album. If one of those two albums had been much more tech death based than djentcore based, I would have vouched for their addition. Unfortunately it wasn't even close to the majority of the content on either album, sorry.

Now this is kind of a tangential topic but I feel like a lot of users get confused by this (not you specifically) and it's partially relevant so I'd like to address it really quickly. The majority of Meshuggah's catalog is not acceptable by MA standards. They're here for their early stuff, which was definitively based in some form of metal, before the whole djent thing took off. Djent only recently became a huge thing (surprising to me that it took years before floods of bands started ripping off this massively popular one, honestly) and thus why there's a lot of confusion on the site. It really stems from the fact that some people consider djent to be a subsect of metal, whereas others consider it its own thing. This site does not consider it to be a metal genre, which makes sense because the metallic sensibilities of riff writing are simply not there. Being low and heavy doesn't make you metal, just ask Slipknot. This is why there's no Periphery or Vildjharta or other bands like that on here. Now with that said, I feel this style is what takes up a majority of the non-breakdown sections in Signal the Firing Squad's two albums, hence why I agree with their blacklisting.

As a mod I spend more time in the review queue than the band queue, but I pop my head in occasionally because one of the few things I am good at is judging which side of the line most -core bands fall on.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: JERKING THE CIRCLE IV: Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9712
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:27 pm 
 

jarvino wrote:
Alhadis wrote:
Metal Sucks... well-respected?? :lol: Oh dear, that raised a chuckle.
*snip quote*
Keywords: will appear. A band needs a release that's already available. You can submit the band once the 7" is out.


No thanks

Okay then. Who the fuck cares.
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
DreadlockMocio
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:20 pm 
 

What about this blacklisted band? for me this is a sort of Progressive/Post-Metal with no hardcore vocals and more prog metal than djent (only a few djent parts are present in some songs), for me they're ok, nothing more metal than Meshuggah and more metal than -core, but sure, it's an opinion.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wit6zgu0 ... ure=g-vrec

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8852
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:26 pm 
 

Nope, it's gonna stay blacklisted. No metal riffs there.
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 6010
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:26 pm 
 

DreadlockMocio wrote:
What about this blacklisted band? for me this is a sort of Progressive/Post-Metal with no hardcore vocals and more prog metal than djent (only a few djent parts are present in some songs), for me they're ok, nothing more metal than Meshuggah and more metal than -core, but sure, it's an opinion.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wit6zgu0 ... ure=g-vrec

Nowhere near ok.
_________________
Junge.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
nekurat
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:16 pm
Posts: 8
Location: France
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:16 am 
 

Why the band Mhönos can't be registered?
3 records are avalaible, released by 3 labels. The band play drone/black metal
Proof : http://youtu.be/98yja-RO0Ug
http://mhonos.free.fr

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3620
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:01 am 
 

nekurat wrote:
Why the band Mhönos can't be registered?

Ambient-based drone.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Rejzor
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:39 am
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:37 am 
 

Hey guys.

I was going to update the band that was rejected earlier with a picture of the physical demo. However, when clicking resubmit there is no chance to complete the previous application with pictures, which I think is a feature that should be added. Anyway, here is a link to the pic:
http://carnalagony.com/onewebmedia/demo.jpg

I hope this is enough.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 297  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group