Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:33 am 

rimbulaGRIND wrote:
And how could I forget Goratory's Orgasm Induced Diarrhea?!

fuck yeah! Goratory is one of the sickest
Brutal death bands out there i reckon!

shiduba
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:18 pm 

That 7 H. Target album is fucking awesome! I usually get bored to death by brutal death and slam but this one was a really fun listen!

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:41 am 

Incinerate - 'Anatomize' ....... that is all I`ve got.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJWSjY1b ... 1C2CC62E08

DARKZSOU7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:19 am 

Human Mincer - Degradation Paradox is another classic which has Phlegeton on vocals.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:15 am 

DARKZSOU7 wrote:
Human Mincer - Degradation Paradox is another classic which has Phlegeton on vocals.

Yeah i like what i've heard from Human Mincer.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:08 pm 

lennonlikesmetal wrote:
DARKZSOU7 wrote:

Agreed.

GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:25 pm 

lennonlikesmetal wrote:
DARKZSOU7 wrote:

It's alright, but it's definitely no Wormed. Anyway, anyone heading out to NJ Deathfest this year? Plenty of brutality & slamming, along with lots of garbage. The second night seems like it might be good though.

Edit: Also, new pre-prod stuff from Septycal Gorge, not sure if its been posted yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs2BUjcG3xM Sounds good, I just hope they don't go too far into Weedlies of Flesh territory.

SingLoco
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:22 pm 

I think the newest Terrordrome album "The Day of Sacrilege" is better than 99% of today's brutal death metal. I'm looking forward to the new Unfathomable Ruination, too.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:09 am 

GravityLapse wrote:
It's alright, but it's definitely no Wormed.

I like Human Mincer more than Wormed. Wormed is ok, but a bit too mechanical for my tastes.

svartetroner70
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:23 pm 

call me classic, but both Eaten Back to Life or Tomb of the Mutilated (Cannibal Corpse) are amazing!

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:05 am 

svartetroner70 wrote:
call me classic, but both Eaten Back to Life or Tomb of the Mutilated (Cannibal Corpse) are amazing!

I'll pay that.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:26 am 

svartetroner70 wrote:

??? I can sort of see why you'd call TotM brutal death, but EBtL? That seems more like a death/thrash album that anything else.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

necropsyalpha
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:05 am 

This would have to be my All time Fav Brutal Death Metal album
Severe Torture - Feasting on Blood -

for me its got all the catchyness a band could ever have and its got that early 90's appeal with a 2000+ production, clear bass and no guitar wankery and 0% filler
with the 2 bonus tracks its even better -

plus its got that early early 90's cannibal corpse rawness feel with the intrest of early suffocation somewhat more polished production

my 2nd fav would be prostitute disfigurement Descendants of Depravity

you guys know any recent albums as catchy or similar to these 2 albums?
songs that really stick with you?

necropsyalpha
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:06 am 

svartetroner70 wrote:

why no Butchered at Birth, that was their most brutal album IMO

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:57 am 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
svartetroner70 wrote:

??? I can sort of see why you'd call TotM brutal death, but EBtL? That seems more like a death/thrash album that anything else.

Your correct. Still a classic though.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:59 am 

necropsyalpha wrote:
svartetroner70 wrote:

why no Butchered at Birth, that was their most brutal album IMO

Certainly a ugly, dark album.

I'd say Tomb of the Mutilated is more brutal. They had a Suffocation vibe going on then.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:49 pm 

Both those Severe Torture and Prostitute Disfigurement are great. Both have a lot of melody woven into them which provides that catchy-ness to them, making many of the songs stand out. More identifiable and memorable. Sworn Vengeance is far and away my favorite Severe Torture album but all of their stuff is good.

As for bands like them, that's a tough one. Blood Red Throne comes to mind. I think less 'Brutal death' and more 'Death metal' when I think of them and bands I think of in a similar mold might include Aeon, Anata, or Insision. Vengeful. Of those, Insision is the only one I'd call brutal death, though Aeon could go either way, I suppose.

I'll give this some thought and see what I can come up with. That is kind of a sweet spot between death metal and brutal death which is interesting to consider.

GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:36 pm 

necropsyalpha wrote:

Birth Through Gore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhZGTYj7gMo

I would also say definitely both Saprogenic albums, the first one is slightly more brutal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqXIXeYB7Wk

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:41 am 

necropsyalpha wrote:

From last year, and somewhat overlooked then, but Detrimentum's Inhuman Disgrace is a really solid combination of brutality and melodicism. Not as balls-out as the aforementioned Saprogenic or as completely engaging as something like Anata, but still a great slab of dark, intense deathly goodness. Plus it has an atmosphere of total gloom and drear, which I chalk up to its U.K. origins.

Youtube isn't being very liberal with options here, and neither of these tracks is my favorite from the album, but really ID is strong from start to finish -- every song has some kind of memorable hook or quirk:
http://youtu.be/dJMzmRMllHk

http://youtu.be/VWf0t3wK1OE

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:28 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
necropsyalpha wrote:

From last year, and somewhat overlooked then, but Detrimentum's Inhuman Disgrace is a really solid combination of brutality and melodicism. Not as balls-out as the aforementioned Saprogenic or as completely engaging as something like Anata, but still a great slab of dark, intense deathly goodness. Plus it has an atmosphere of total gloom and drear, which I chalk up to its U.K. origins.

Youtube isn't being very liberal with options here, and neither of these tracks is my favorite from the album, but really ID is strong from start to finish -- every song has some kind of memorable hook or quirk:
http://youtu.be/dJMzmRMllHk

http://youtu.be/VWf0t3wK1OE

I want to thank you for the rec of Detrimentum. Good stuff and I'd never heard them before. After hearing Inhuman Disgrace, I'll be looking up the rest of their discography.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:42 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
I want to thank you for the rec of Detrimentum. Good stuff and I'd never heard them before. After hearing Inhuman Disgrace, I'll be looking up the rest of their discography.

Since you were the one who brought up Chordotomy, whose album became one of my faves of the year, we'll call it even. :beer:

This whole thread has been a goldmine, as my exposure to brutal death pretty much went no further than Suffocation and a few Unique Leader bands from like a decade ago. So thanks to Horus666 too for starting it!

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:55 pm 

Speaking of 7 H. Target...

"‎7 H.TARGET are finished writing for their new album. "0.00 Apocalypse" - coming 2012-2013!
Recording album will begin on October 13"

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:37 pm 

7 H. Target= really stoked on that.

Anyone get the new Pathology record?

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:42 pm 

deicidefan wrote:
7 H. Target= really stoked on that.

Anyone get the new Pathology record?

Yes. It's excellent. :)

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:59 pm 

defeated sanity - psalms of the moribund, cryptopsy - none so vile, skinless - trample the weak, hurtle the dead. I guess i'm not a huge brutal death metal fan. That's all I can think of atm.

Last edited by metaldiscussor666 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:20 pm 

When browsing distro catalogs, god knows how many great bands I've scanned right past, thanks to a generic name or album title. Thankfully that didn't happen with Dominion, a Swedish duo right in front of my face on Unique Leader. Like my last rec of Detrimentum, they're not in the same league of brutality that a lot of this thread covers, but, also like Detrimentum, they craft memorable riffs, piece together interesting songs, and throw a sonic curveball at the listener every once in a while -- always appreciated in this subgenre.

This is "The Endless", opening track from their only album, Born God and Aware. It's got your standard "American death metal by way of Scandinavia" sound, cf. Insision, Aeon, latter day Zyklon, but man, everything feels twisted around and mutated. I have no idea what guitar technique creates either that hideously awesome scraping, squealing sound used in the chorus, and first heard at 1:53, or whatever he's doing to solo after the three and a half minute mark, but on top of the already deadly corrosive production job, these unanticipated musical ideas just make my day.
:evil:

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:57 am 

What's up with cartoon scientists on Bdm albums these days?

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:47 pm 

Poisonfume wrote:
What's up with cartoon scientists on Bdm albums these days?

Pathology's is a hat tip to Re-Animator (Jeffrey Combs), I believe. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089885/

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:17 am 

He's like the Eddie of brutal death.

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

SladeCraven
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:18 pm 

Tomb of the Mutilated for me. The vocals tend to be a bit bland at times, but I feel the overall feel of the album is spot on.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am 

Dysentery's newest release, Infernal Devastation is pretty good if you like the slammy, chugfest type "brutal" death metal. I've never been able to grasp why so many people here love Pathology, I've seen them live and they're nothing to rave about.... just very boring, like a bland sandwich topped with meh sauce.

GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:14 pm 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
I've never been able to grasp why so many people here love Pathology, I've seen them live and they're nothing to rave about.... just very boring, like a bland sandwich topped with meh sauce.

Agree totally, complete middle of the road band that randomly happened to get popular, most likely cause they signed to Victory.

Anyway, here's something unexpected, Unfathomable Ruination. They've had their EP freely available on their bandcamp for awhile, and its good but it didn't make much of an impression. Anyway, they just released their debut on Sevared, and it sounds fucking fantastic. It really reminds me of Visceral Throne alot; a brutal foundation with plenty of variation (and solos!). Anyway, you can stream/buy the whole thing here.

http://unfathomableruination.bandcamp.c ... al-entropy

Also, someone really needs to update Sevared's website. Fuck.

SingLoco
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:02 pm 

^ Listening to that now, and it sounds really tight. Not so unexpected for me as I've been anticipating the new Unfathomable Urination for a while now, lol. So far, it's been an intense listen, noticing high level musicianship, as well as some wild guitar solos. Also, the samples are really well incorporated. The Urine flows very well, that it does. Another good Sevared release was Serocs - Oneirology, I'd recommend checking that out as well.
Spoiler: show

0kill
Patron Saint of Burglary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 pm 

I've always been a Mortician guy, so I'd say Chainsaw Dismemberment. I like my horror movies samples and absurdly fuzzy downtuned bass, yo.

- John Calvin.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:11 am 

I didn't find the new Pathology all that great. It was okay, but it hasn't compelled more listens.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

percepticide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:58 am 

I am really digging Incurso- Spawn Of Possession

Abominable Putridity's new album also is surprisingly fun.

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:42 pm 

My favorites is probably Planisphærium and Chapters of Repugnance.. not big on brutal death, it quickly gets boring to me, but those two albums kick amazing amounts of ass!

Edit: Add to that list Nile's debut, awesome album.
Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

ApparatusUnearth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:35 pm 

I don't listen to much brutal death, but I'm a big fan of Defeated Sanity, particularly Chapters of Repugnance. Can someone hook me up with some BDM like that with good production? (I consider Chapters to have good production)

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:53 pm 

^^ Apostles of Inexpression by Vomit the Soul. Not as technical as Defeated Sanity. However, like Defeated Sanity, they were/are one of the few bands capable of actually coming up with creative slam riffs.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:08 pm 

I was actually really impressed by the new Pathology, I found the other albums kinda meh but the new album reminded me of Broken Hope, which is a very good thing.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next