Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Synesthesia
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:28 pm 

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but was hoping maybe someone could offer some insight into my problems.

On September 16th (exactly 2 weeks ago), I won an Anaal Nathrakh LP on eBay and was really excited about it. I sent payment through PayPal the same day. I checked back a couple days later to see if the payment went through, and eBay still says the order is being processed through PayPal. So I checked on PayPal and it's giving me a message that the payment is unclaimed. I checked again 10 days later and was still getting all the same messages. So I sent the seller a message asking him what was going on and if there were any problems with my order. Another 4 days go by (eBay says sellers usually respond in 1 - 3 days) and I don't have any response from him and it's still saying my payment is being processed/unclaimed.

I've bought a lot of things from eBay before and have used PayPal a lot and have never had a problem. In fact, I used PayPal again a few days after this for The Omega Order and received my package promptly. I've ordered other things since then and all my payments have gone through and were accepted, so I don't think it's a problem with my bank or PayPal account. Is this just a scam? I'd be pretty devastated if it was, I was really looking forward to this album. Any suggestions on what I should do now?

J
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:19 pm 

The eBay/Paypal address of the seller is wrong or no longer valid. The reason it is unclaimed is because the seller has not received it. It's the same reason he has not responded to you.

Synesthesia
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:20 am 

Thanks for the reply. So does this mean I have no way of contacting him or for him to get my money?

Carpathianchrist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:21 pm 

You should be able to cancel your payment if it is still unclaimed.

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:06 pm 

The Reason is that guy didnt create a paypal account on that email. He must add one valid paypal to his ebay account and after that he changed it to other one. The question is why must he does it!!!?

Synesthesia
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:23 am 

I was really hoping it wouldn't come down to me canceling my order (I REALLY wanted this), but yeah, it looks like I might have to. Still no response from him and he doesn't seem to ever be able to accept my payment. Thanks anyway, at least I know what might have been the problem now.

Reply to topic