Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:16 pm 

So i'm debating on getting a head unit with aux in and I immediately thought about using my car stereo as a guitar amp. Anyone ever try using a pod with their car stereo? Imagine taking your mom grocery shopping. You drop her off and when she comes back, you are standing on top of your car, shredding your nuts off.

Or instead of having an amp on stage, you have your car there. Can't get any more retarded than that.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:52 pm 

Are you writing the third Bill & Ted movie? If not, you should be.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:56 pm 

No. excellent adventure and bogus journey are too awesome... but what he wrote would fit into the current stock of hollywood writing for remakes and sequels of older classics.... complete shit.

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:39 pm 

Dude, I take the above as a compliment. Unlike the vast majority of the board, I'd sell out with pride. Fuck musical integrity when you can walk home with a few million dollars and buy all the records and gear that you need for your blackened funeral doom band. Seriously, I will now pitch my ideas to hollywood and contribute to the making Bill & Ted 3. I will donate a nice percentage of my earnings to MA.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:58 pm 

lol. I didn't say anything about selling out or anything about pride. I'm all about getting paid. If I had known about it at the time they were looking for a drummer I would've went and played for 3 doors down since they lived in the same town as I. money is great.

So did you know I was in a blackened funeral doom band or was that a lucky guess?

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:06 pm 

Hah, I was just going by the general Internet metal musician stereotype. Would have been cool if you played in 3 doors down. If i ever am in the position to play in an awful yet very popular band, I will. Once I'm happy with the amount of $$ that I accruied, I will randomly leave the band and insult and simultaneously thank all of my fans for paying off my college loans :)

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:58 pm 

I would keep playing with them and make all the money i can milk it from. All my music I create for myself anyway and if anyone enjoys listening to and wants to buy copies all the better cause I made em for me first.

And yea I actually worked with the sister of the drummer they picked up. That's how I found out they needed one cause they had always been a 3 piece with the singer drumming as well and the record label said....no you up front.. find someone else to drum. never was a fan to the like 10 years prior of them playing kryptonite to bars around the coast... still aint a fan.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:10 pm 

Since most car speakers are intended to not project out of the car, and to direct most of the sound inside the car, I don't think this would be very effective. Stock car stereos generally have fairly small speakers, and they're certainly not ideal for guitar. Finally, I don't think I could find a comfortable way to play guitar while sitting in a car.

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:51 pm 

I disagree with you. I have 6 x 9's all around :) As for playing the thing?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:10 am 

lol good god.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:03 am 

rabidmadman, what the hell are you talking about?

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm 

What I'm talking about is taking one of these:

and plugging it into my car stereo. Throw an hm-2 in the mix and you have some nice mobile amplification. I will arrive to job interviews extra early and jam out in the parking lot fully clad in interviewing attire. The HR reps will be bound to prioritize my interview.

Although I hate line6, their POD's are pretty cool. Personally my daily amp is an ampeg vh140c. If I could install that in place of my heater/ac controls, I would.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:01 pm 

I'm going to need to procure some adapters (1/8" to RCA), but I'm thinking about trying this with my laptop/mbox and maybe a distortion pedal.

It seems like such a dumb idea, I don't think it's going to sound good, but I'm just not sure. Not going to lose anything by trying it out, because it seems like it could be fun. I have used a power inverter to play through an amp in the back of a truck.

Reply to topic