Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
splyu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:13 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
Wait, a thrash band, a heavy metal band, and a death / doom band? What kind of line-up is this?

Yeah, three metal bands. Weird.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:21 pm 

You totally understood what Ozzy meant, don't be a jerk. There's a lot of these kind of diverse tours going on, but usually it fits, like the Decibel tour or the Opeth/Mastodon/Ghost tour. This tour is weird, but it will be cool anyway.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:54 pm 

I don't think the line up is weird. Sure, it's not all thrash but Kreator and Accept are both old school German bands and I imagine they've toured together in the past, and the members are probably friends, makes sense to me. It's not as though Swallow the Sun is that out there either, I've definitely seen much stranger opening bands.

uglijimus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:57 pm 

Razakel wrote:
I just realized that I fly back home the day after the Vancouver show. What a god damned piss off. And would you believe the last time Kreator came by I was also out of town. I've also been to Wacken twice and I expected them to be added to at least one of those bills but I guess I'm just destined not to see them :(

don't let that stop you. You must see them eventually.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:01 pm 

Trust me, they're one of the few remaining bands on my "need to see" list. I'm sure they've got a good few more years in them so I'll most definitely get an opportunity eventually. I'll be hitting up two European festivals next summer so my fingers will remain crossed. Still, always better to see a headlining show in an intimate environment.

uglijimus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:09 pm 

I saw them in Detroit last year at a relatively small place. It was much better than I expected as I consider myself a casual Kreator fan.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:36 pm 

MercyfulKing wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:

Exactly.

I was a teenager when 'Balls to the Wall' came out an that's the one song of theirs that was ever any good and that was almost 30 years ago. I have no interest in seeing Accept and I love Kreator. What's so wrong about that? (Nothing.)

Go check out Restless and Wild and then report back to me, capice?

I highly doubt listening to that suddenly makes me a huge fan of a hard rock/heavy metal band I never liked. You may as well be recommending Coldplay.

Erisgaroth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:01 am 

At least there are Texas dates. Kinda curious to see Kreator and Accept in the same day.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:23 am 

Hahahahahaha, after all my bitching about not being able to go to this... it turns out I fucked up the months! I thought the show was in August, rather than September! I see no conflicts anymore. May 10th can now be known as "Make Fun of Razakel Because he's a Dumbass" day ;)

MercyfulKing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:42 am 

Misfit74 wrote:

I highly doubt listening to that suddenly makes me a huge fan of a hard rock/heavy metal band I never liked. You may as well be recommending Coldplay.

:boo:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm 

Whoever compares Accept to Coldplay needs to GTFO this site. Now.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:30 pm 

Razakel wrote:
May 10th can now be known as "Make Fun of Razakel Because he's a Dumbass" day ;)

I thought that was every day? :???:

Odovacar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:14 pm 

I'll definitely try my best to make the Tempe show.

Xornobog
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:48 am 

Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please let Kreator play something from earlier on.

DestruicaoMetalica
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:16 pm 

Hoping for a lot of Russian Roulette and Coma of Souls, the latter seeming much more likely than the former, although I'm sure no matter what they play this will be a great show. So fucking stoked for this.

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:44 am 

I am wondering if anyone caught the show in Denver last night?

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 am 

No, but I saw them in Kansas City a couple days ago. Both were good, but not great. Accept wasn't as flashy as they were at MDF (not that I blame them, KC isn't nearly as much stimulation) but they did play quite a few of their odd songs in addition to the expected classics. Kreator played "Flag of Hate" which is all anyone really cared about and it was good, but their guitar was way underpowered. Someone fell asleep in the booth or something. The sound for their entire set was bottom heavy and too quiet. Rather disappointing. Overall, quite enjoyable, but a flawed presentation from both bands.

jgarci12
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 am 

Hastein45 wrote:

I did.

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:15 pm 

jgarci12 wrote:
Hastein45 wrote:

I did.

What did you think of the performances and did you happen to participate in the moshing?

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:27 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
No, but I saw them in Kansas City a couple days ago. Both were good, but not great. Accept wasn't as flashy as they were at MDF (not that I blame them, KC isn't nearly as much stimulation) but they did play quite a few of their odd songs in addition to the expected classics. Kreator played "Flag of Hate" which is all anyone really cared about and it was good, but their guitar was way underpowered. Someone fell asleep in the booth or something. The sound for their entire set was bottom heavy and too quiet. Rather disappointing. Overall, quite enjoyable, but a flawed presentation from both bands.

I agree mostly with what you said. I thought all of the bands were good but not great. Accept is a high energy band, especially the guitarist; which I liked. I am not in love with their music though and their guitarist made a few blatant errors. I like those big toms the drummer had. Kreator had very little crowd involvement though. They pretty much just played all the way through except near the end, when he demanded a mosh-pit be formed and sometimes there were hand claps. There was quite a bit of moshing out here in Denver. I don`t know how that guy fell asleep, I found all of their sets to be REAL fucking loud. Good for you for going. I am always glad to hear about someone going out and supporting the bands.

jgarci12
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:36 pm 

Hastein45 wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

I agree mostly with what you said. I thought all of the bands were good but not great. Accept is a high energy band, especially the guitarist; which I liked. I am not in love with their music though and their guitarist made a few blatant errors. I like those big toms the drummer had. Kreator had very little crowd involvement though. They pretty much just played all the way through except near the end, when he demanded a mosh-pit be formed and sometimes there were hand claps. There was quite a bit of moshing out here in Denver. I don`t know how that guy fell asleep, I found all of their sets to be REAL fucking loud. Good for you for going. I am always glad to hear about someone going out and supporting the bands.

I loved it. I wasn't in the pit but the edge of it hit me a few times. I was in the very front right against the railing, more towards the side of the stage.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:55 pm 

That's about right about Kreator. A bit by-the-numbers. The hand claps. Not bad, but could have been much better.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:59 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:

Hum????

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:20 am 

Oh right. It was a different band who was at MDF. Disregard ^

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:03 pm 

jgarci12 wrote:
I loved it. I wasn't in the pit but the edge of it hit me a few times. I was in the very front right against the railing, more towards the side of the stage.

I was around the pit for most the night and in it for awhile as well. Did you happen to see that guy get his eyebrow busted open or those guys almost get into it?

jgarci12
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:26 pm 

Hastein45 wrote:
jgarci12 wrote:

I was around the pit for most the night and in it for awhile as well. Did you happen to see that guy get his eyebrow busted open or those guys almost get into it?

I missed that.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2