Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:02 am 

I'm pretty sure the standard operating procedure is that it'll take as long as it takes (keep in mind how many the queue no doubt has) and asking about it will make mods postpone it even further (didn't somebody just do that a page or so back?).

/e nvm, reading the past pages of this thread, there's no indication of punishing people who ask about it. I swear I saw it somewhere...

BastardHead
Magic Mike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:31 pm 

Unless the particular mod is feeling spiteful, you won't be ignored unless you're being especially persistent, generally. We don't have a policy on "you can only mod when you're in a good mood", so if I'm having a shitty day and you ask my why your review hasn't been judged yet, you're just asking for me to take your impatient ass around to the back of the shed. Generally, just don't do it, especially since you can see whether it's been handled or not in V2 as opposed to the constant miscommunications in V1 thanks to people not turning on email notifications.

Also that post was several months old you responded to...

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:09 pm 

Well, see, I don't read. This can make applying for mod-ship and writing reviews quite ironic.

The thread was set to 'new posts' for me, and I'd read stuff in here before, so I didn't think to check the date.

Medrix
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:31 pm 

My review got rejected. I won't complain, because the reason I was given was understandable. I just want to know if it's acceptable to add what was reportedly missing to the existing review and resubmit it?

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:44 pm 

Medrix wrote:
My review got rejected. I won't complain, because the reason I was given was understandable. I just want to know if it's acceptable to add what was reportedly missing to the existing review and resubmit it?

Of course. That's what the rejection notices are for.

Medrix
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 am 

Napero wrote:
Of course. That's what the rejection notices are for.

Groovy.

Homer_Nava
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:25 am 

Writing reviews for Metal Archives is a kind of challenge for me, it makes me to improve my english and clarify my ideas, this is very important to me because I love both Metal and english language, no problem if my reviews are rejected, I have to make a big effort.
Homer

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:48 am 

Homer, you could start by not using capital letters in genres. They are not proper nouns, and that "Metal" looks goofy. "English", on the other hand, is a proper noun and needs a capital E.

Svarec
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:49 pm 

How long does it take to have a review checked out and accepted/denied?

BastardHead
Magic Mike

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:02 pm 

Could be anywhere from ten seconds to ten weeks, the general rule of thumb is that the more well known/reviewed the release is, the longer it's going to take for us to pass judgment on it, simply because we don't look forward to reading the ten squillionth review for Sabbath, Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Death, Wintersun, et cetera. The trick is to always be patient, because it's literally impossible for us to overlook one or forget it entirely, it will be dealt with.

EDIT: Your review was in the queue for a whopping nine minutes before you asked. Sometimes we'll let the impatient ones sit out of spite, I get the feeling you're about to learn that firsthand.

Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 242333 subjects

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:15 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
EDIT: Your review was in the queue for a whopping nine minutes before you asked. Sometimes we'll let the impatient ones sit out of spite, I get the feeling you're about to learn that firsthand.

Wow! Must be a record! Congratulations! And yes, this album already has 22 reviews, pretty boring to read to be honest.

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:03 pm 

What's the prob with his post? All he did was just ask how long it takes, he didn't sound impatient about it... is there something wrong with him just being curious about the average wait time?

Svarec
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:31 am 

As Smalley said, I'm not impatient, I was just curious about the average time, take it easy... :) I don't care whether it's going to take ten seconds, ten days or ten weeks, it's not so important to me. And I'm realistic, my review doesn't stand very good chance to be accepted.

Azmodes
Dweller of the Styrian Depths

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:34 am 

Agreed, he was just asking, not complaining. Take it easy, guys.

Last.fm | Collection

redstar2112
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:04 pm 

I was in the middle of review I was working on for over an hour, about to head to bed, then I send it and I'm logged out, it's lost. I don't understand, is this a common problem or is this a first time? I was already signed in and wrote a few reviews before it and they were fine.

Also, my review of 2112 was rejected and there was an error which didn't tell me why it was rejected. I'm assuming it was when I called kids today pathetic for not being able to listen to a record in it's entirety. Or when I said A Passage To Bangkok was about getting high and buying drugs from foreign countries. That's what it was about. Alex Lifeson was even shown pretending to smoke a joint in concert.

I'm not a "kid" by the way. I had all the cassettes as a kid. I had The Ultimate Sin signed by drummer Randy Castillo. Had all Dio's stuff all Sabbath, Dokken, Mr. Big, Crue and AC/DC.

Last edited by redstar2112 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metantoine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 pm 

It was rejected because it didn't have musical description, sorry if I didn't write a novel explaining it, I was too frustrated with the shitty useless introduction. You also described 4 tracks with like one sentence.

Also, use Word, notepad or whatever to write your reviews, problem solved.

redstar2112
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:04 pm 

Well so sorry to waste your time, but you don't have to be such an ass about it. I didn't ask for a novel so back the hell off.

redstar2112
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:13 pm 

If you kick me off the site I don't want you to think you won something I really don't give a damn.

MutantClannfear
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:12 pm 

Come on, both of you calm down. Tony, stop hazing the poor noobs... :(

Under_Starmere wrote:
I keep hoping the later bosses won't all feature their ass as their strategic target area. Doesn't exactly resound in consonance with the mythic nature of the game, hacking huge butts.

Metantoine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:52 pm 

But but but he gave a 50% to one of my favorite albums! We took it to PM and all is good, I'm sorry if I've been a meanie, we get so many shitty stuff in the queues!

dystopia4
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:02 pm 

So there will be no crushing with the bare hands today?

redstar2112
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:45 pm 

He's Canadian and I'm Just a Gigolo, life goes on without me.

Buckwheatjones
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:47 am 

I just had a quick question about reviews... I'm new to this site and had two reviews rejected for a certain reason. I'm trying to learn from what I did wrong and maybe write a new review for a different album in a week or two. Could any moderators (or anyone) just let me know if for some reason my review is still not up to par and I have another review rejected, would I be at risk of having my account banned?

Diamhea
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:04 am 

Buckwheatjones wrote:
I just had a quick question about reviews... I'm new to this site and had two reviews rejected for a certain reason. I'm trying to learn from what I did wrong and maybe write a new review for a different album in a week or two. Could any moderators (or anyone) just let me know if for some reason my review is still not up to par and I have another review rejected, would I be at risk of having my account banned?

If you want feedback and advice to help get your reviews up to par, post one of your recently rejected ones in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16487

I am not a mod, but I have never heard of anybody getting banned for submitting below-par reviews. Intentionally spamming the review queue with pure garbage and trolling is one thing, but i am certain this isn't the case regarding yourself.

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

Buckwheatjones
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:17 am 

Thank you.

BastardHead
Magic Mike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:03 pm 

The only way somebody could ever be banned for being a shitty reviewer is if they consistently resubmit the same review without ever making the changes we ask/suggest. As long as you're making an effort (which you clearly are), you're in no danger.

Buckwheatjones
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:05 pm 

Okay thank you!

Buckwheatjones
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:06 pm 

I appreciate you getting back to me as soon as you did