Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
winterforest69
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:33 am 

androdion wrote:
This would be a great piece of info to have in the CD Matrix & Bootleg Help Thread, can you please repost it there?

winterforest69 wrote:
There is new bootleg Burzum Hvis Lyset Tar Oss.
Be careful!

Original matrix:

BOOTLEG matrix:
ImageImage

Also ifpi code on the disc + poor quality and thin paper of the inserts.

Last edited by winterforest69 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:55 pm 

ok here's my copy, it has both censored and uncensored covers too.
click for larger image [top only]

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:58 pm 

that Burzum Hvis Lyset Tar Oss bootleg/counterfeit is horrifyingly realistic :eek:

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:23 am 

dreadmeat wrote:

Thats the same CD I posted above as the EU Version (same Matrix number), the disc shows "Made in Austria". The US Version only has the gore artwork.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:16 am 

i actually didn't realise mine had both! i've been missing out for months ha ha :p

Autopsy - Mental funeral
was this ever originally released as a digipak? i thought they didn't exist in 1991?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120972290945 :scratch:

our page here says: Released in 1991 as a digipak without Retribution for the Dead.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:32 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
i actually didn't realise mine had both! i've been missing out for months ha ha :p

Autopsy - Mental funeral
was this ever originally released as a digipak? i thought they didn't exist in 1991?

our page here says: Released in 1991 as a digipak without Retribution for the Dead.

Weird...

I found out this while doing a Google search, and it matches the info on Musik-sammler.

Coincidently anyone knows when the digipak format was introduced?

Daemonlord
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:20 am 

I'd have guessed digipaks were only introduced in the mid-90s - I really couldn't tell you the oldest digipak I own though, can't say the thought has crossed my mind before - haha. Surely something like a digipak pressing of something would be a lot tougher (but not impossible) to bootleg than something in a jewel case. I can't think of any digipak pressings of things that are bootlegs off the top of my head anyhow.

https://www.instagram.com/daemonlord_ig/

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:48 am 

dreadmeat wrote:

Autopsy - Mental funeral

Yes, firstpress was a digipack which was available only a few days before the jewel case version. I got mine from a friend who bought it on release day.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:56 pm 

fark, really? that's out of it, i just assumed stuff was jewel-case-only back then.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:33 pm 

Sepultura's Arise was also released as digipack back then. That's probably the oldest digipack cd I have.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:21 pm 

The oldest I can remember in metal is Sacred Reich - The American Way which was available in 1990.

w_o_m
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:04 pm 

Asti78 wrote:
dreadmeat wrote:

Autopsy - Mental funeral

Yes, firstpress was a digipack which was available only a few days before the jewel case version. I got mine from a friend who bought it on release day.

Correct, i got that digi too

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:41 pm 

Does anyone know if Razorback and Repulse Records stuff has been bootlegged? I'm checking some interesting stuff from those labels but with the source being Lithuania I tend to be suspicious.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:47 pm 

androdion wrote:
Does anyone know if Razorback and Repulse Records stuff has been bootlegged? I'm checking some interesting stuff from those labels but with the source being Lithuania I tend to be suspicious.

ledotakas ?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:02 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
androdion wrote:

ledotakas ?

Actually it was a seller on Discogs, hence my worries.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:05 pm 

androdion wrote:
dreadmeat wrote:
ledotakas ?
androdion wrote:
Actually it was a seller on Discogs, hence my worries.
that's where that guy is, i got a bestial warlust cd from him a year ago.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:08 pm 

Oh shit, I just confirmed... the Discogs seller I was thinking about is actually from Latvia and not Lithuania. That's what I get from posting when I'm half-asleep. Any bad word on sellers/items from those "shores"?

StellarGraves
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:21 am 

Asti78 wrote:
dreadmeat wrote:

Thats the same CD I posted above as the EU Version (same Matrix number), the disc shows "Made in Austria". The US Version only has the gore artwork.

Wow, thank you guys for answering!

Mine will be the US version then, all song titles + B&W CD picture..
But I guess the previous owner has switched the inner tray for a clear one, Ill just take a black one from an old case of another band!

This copy is very close to my heart haha.. Ive signed the entire band on the back side of the booklet.

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:08 am 

StellarGraves wrote:
But I guess the previous owner has switched the inner tray for a clear one, Ill just take a black one from an old case of another band!

That's very resourceful, I have some digipaks with plenty of broken plastic and though of doing that.

svartetroner70
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:33 am 

Quote:

I must correct this information because it is false. Both versions are original and genuine, but obviously were manufactured in different MPO factory.

I am not sure if you are well aware about MPO, SONOPRESS, DURECO to name a few, these CD manufacturers had several pressing plants in Netherland, Belgium, France, German, Austria…
So don’t count all cds were pressed in the same factory with the same machine, and therefore, may exist different versions of the same release.

I am a huge Burzum collector since the 90s, i am proud to have every LP and CD manufactured of this band
I have also both versions of Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and both were purchased the same year they were released (back in 1994) so I consider both as genuine and original.

About IFPI code, please learn more about what means Ifpi here: http://www.ifpi.org
So in fact, Ifpi is the only guarantee that any cd with Ifpi was legally manufactured and it is original and genuine.

We can say that NOT all first press contains ifpi, but ALL CD with ifpi are original and legally manufactured. The mission of ifpi is: Safeguard the rights of record producers

Bootlegs can not contain IFPI code!!

Therefore, both Burzum Cds are original and genuine.

Here you have just some examples: ROTTING CHRIST "Thy Mighty Contract" and BARATHRUM "Eerie".
Look at the Rotting Christ photos, both cds are original, genuine and first press. As the Burzum CD, I purchased both Rotting Christ versions the same year they were released back in the 90`s but both have different matrix, even a minimal difference in the printed side of the cd (look at GEMA - SACEM):

VERSION WITHOUT IFPI CODE:

VERSION WITH IFPI CODE:

Does it means one of them is bootleg just because hasn’t the same matrix than the other? NO!
Both of them were released the same year, so both of them are original first press, but both of them were manufactured in different pressing plant. That’s all.

Look at the Barathrum photos, in this case both has the same printed side, and the same matrix, but one of them has ifpi, and the other not.

VERSION WITHOUT IFPI CODE:

VERSION WITH IFPI CODE:

Does it means one of them is bootleg, just because one of them contains ifpi and the other not? NO!

Don't try to make this comparative with your Heavy Metal cds, like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Scorpions, AC/DC, Black Sabbath....the international labels like EMI, ATLANTIC, SONY...manufactured their cds in hundreds countries, or Do you think there is only one version of "THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST", or "BACK IN BLACK"? no way. There is as many versions as probably countries in this planet.
The German version, the French version, the US version, the Dutch version....and each of them have different matrix and different Ifpi.

In conclusion, not all cds circulating are orignal (unfortunately) but NOT everything with different matrix like your own copy is bootleg.

Remember that, the bootleg will never contain the Ifpi code. So, in this case, both Burzum cd are original, first press and genuine.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:52 am 

svartetroner70 wrote:
Quote:

I must correct this information because it is false. Both versions are original and genuine, but obviously were manufactured in different MPO factory.

Hate to break it to you but the same pressing is defined exactly by the plant where it's made and by its matrix. Having another matrix means exactly that, that it is a different pressing.

svartetroner70 wrote:
I am not sure if you are well aware about MPO, SONOPRESS, DURECO to name a few, these CD manufacturers had several pressing plants in Netherland, Belgium, France, German, Austria…
So don’t count all cds were pressed in the same factory with the same machine, and therefore, may exist different versions of the same release.

Same pressing, same matrix, same release. Different versions for different countries are different presses, like a press for EU and another for NA.

svartetroner70 wrote:
So in fact, Ifpi is the only guarantee that any cd with Ifpi was legally manufactured and it is original and genuine.

We can say that NOT all first press contains ifpi, but ALL CD with ifpi are original and legally manufactured. The mission of ifpi is: Safeguard the rights of record producers

IPFI codes were only introduced back in 1994, everything pressed before that has no IPFI codes. Maybe you should do some reading...

svartetroner70 wrote:
Bootlegs can not contain IFPI code!!

Oh really? Since when?

svartetroner70 wrote:
Therefore, both Burzum Cds are original and genuine.

Your logic eludes me...

svartetroner70 wrote:
Here you have just some examples: ROTTING CHRIST "Thy Mighty Contract" and BARATHRUM "Eerie".
Look at the Rotting Christ photos, both cds are original, genuine and first press. As the Burzum CD, I purchased both Rotting Christ versions the same year they were released back in the 90`s but both have different matrix, even a minimal difference in the printed side of the cd (look at GEMA - SACEM).

Does it means one of them is bootleg just because hasn’t the same matrix than the other? NO!
Both of them were released the same year, so both of them are original first press, but both of them were manufactured in different pressing plant. That’s all.

For once you got it right, GEMA = German author's rights association and SACEM is the French equivalent. Different pressings of the first press, forgive me redundancy, hence different matrices. Well, duh!

You're a bit uninformed if you think that you can find endless different pressings for OOP stuff when most of them where pressed for EU alone, while other where just for EU and NA. That means that for many many albums only one or two first pressings exist, hence only one or two matrices, not a gazillion of them like you imply. And the info on Burzum is that there are those X versions with Y matrices, everything else is a damn bootleg. Or wouldn't Burzum be one of the most bootlegged bands ever!

Daemonlord
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:13 pm 

I've seen bootlegs with IFPI codes, but to be fair, they're usually really badly done (for example, the IFPI is written in the same font as the matrix code - pretty terrible).

https://www.instagram.com/daemonlord_ig/

Recordcollector
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:14 pm 

N/A

Last edited by Recordcollector on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:25 pm 

svartetroner70, your post was a dangerous mix of misinformation and preaching to the choir.

LifeDemise
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:39 pm 

Got a bunch of CDs years ago but I think these two specific CDs are bootlegs.

http://i.imgur.com/cJT6H.jpg <-- large image and file size

Left CD = Cemetary ‎An Evil Shade Of Grey

I own a few Black Mark albums and the ones I have are "BMP BMCD xx" but for this CD, the font looks dodgy.

Right CD = Eternal Tears Of Sorrow Vilda Mannu

Like Black Mark, I also own a few Spinefarm CDs with the majority of them with a matrix style similar to "DADC Austria A01001" etc. I also think the font and style on this one is dodgy too, though this one says it's made in Finland instead of Austria.

CHONGeYeD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:56 pm 

Ok i need help for this on. In the late 1990s, i bought Donor-Triangle Of The Lost. My copy is not released on Mausoleum Records 1992, but released by Transplantation Records In cooperation with Displeased Records. The problem i am having is i can not find any information on this release. I do believe it is official and may have been released by the band, as the liner notes in the booklet make it seem that way. I have tracked it down to being released in 1992/1993 with 00019 Displeased records. Matrix is 0000019 P+O-12319-A1 04-92. Cd has same tracks as the Mausoleum release. Any help on this cd is much appreciated.

svartetroner70
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:08 pm 

Quote:
Ok i need help for this on. In the late 1990s, i bought Donor-Triangle Of The Lost. My copy is not released on Mausoleum Records 1992, but released by Transplantation Records In cooperation with Displeased Records. The problem i am having is i can not find any information on this release. I do believe it is official and may have been released by the band, as the liner notes in the booklet make it seem that way. I have tracked it down to being released in 1992/1993 with 00019 Displeased records. Matrix is 0000019 P+O-12319-A1 04-92. Cd has same tracks as the Mausoleum release. Any help on this cd is much appreciated.

if your cd has matrix 0000019 P+O-12319-A1 04-92, it means it was released in April 1992 by MPO (P+O= MPO) so your cd is original and genuine.

CHONGeYeD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:52 pm 

Thank you for the help, i am clearing out a bunch of cds after collecting for 25 years. I may be posting a bunch of help questions in here as a lot of stuff i have is fairly rare and has been bought by me years ago.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:09 pm 

CHONGeYeD wrote:
Thank you for the help, i am clearing out a bunch of cds after collecting for 25 years. I may be posting a bunch of help questions in here as a lot of stuff i have is fairly rare and has been bought by me years ago.

If you've purchased them back in the day then they should be the real deal. Massive bootlegging is a much more recent problem.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:10 pm 

svartetroner70 wrote:
Quote:

if your cd has matrix 0000019 P+O-12319-A1 04-92, it means it was released in April 1992 by MPO (P+O= MPO) so your cd is original and genuine.

Any source for your thesis here? There are lots of CDs with P+O in their matrix without any detailed hint where the CD has been manufactured, also all MPO CDs I can remember have MPO spelled in the Matrix.

CHONGeYeD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:44 pm 

androdion wrote:
CHONGeYeD wrote:

If you've purchased them back in the day then they should be the real deal. Massive bootlegging is a much more recent problem.

Yep, but i just could not find any info on this release by Donor. All i could find was info on the Mausoleum release.
some liner notes from 8 page booklet Middle of book has 2 pages of the band in live shots. Third to last page has all the thanks to friends and family. Second to last page Donor thank all the Bands and magazine s that have help them.
Contact info
Kerkstraat 7
1511 EA Oostzaan Holland
and
Donor Germany
Oliver Jung
In Der Dille 42
4709 Bergkamen/Runthe

Liner notes by band and Displeased Records
"This Cd is to replace all the worn out tapes Donor's audience bought at gigs, and to enable even more people to listen to the band's musical vision."

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:50 pm 

Well, info seems to be rather scarce. Only Musik-sammler shows info on that Displeased edition, with the CAT# being the first part of the matrix (D 0000019) but nothing else. Google also doesn't give anything.

CHONGeYeD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:53 pm 

androdion wrote:
Well, info seems to be rather scarce. Only Musik-sammler shows info on that Displeased edition, with the CAT# being the first part of the matrix (D 0000019) but nothing else. Google also doesn't give anything.

Yep i have tried everywhere with no luck at all.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:45 pm 

if matrix info can be copied then ifpi codes can be copied too
svartetroner70 are you selling any cds?

svartetroner70
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:51 pm 

Quote:
if matrix info can be copied then ifpi codes can be copied too

Wrong!, you can not force a pressing machine with a concrete IFPI code to stamp another different IFPI. All pressing machines will stamp always his own ifpi, they can not stamp other.

Quote:
svartetroner70 are you selling any cds?

At the moment i want to keep my entire collection, so I don't sell any of my stuff :)

svartetroner70
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:26 pm 

Quote:
androdion wrote:Hate to break it to you but the same pressing is defined exactly by the plant where it's made and by its matrix. Having another matrix means exactly that, that it is a different pressing.

Olá androdion
???? Did you read my topic properly? I am not sure, because we are saying just the same.
Both Burzum cd has the same matrix, one with ifpi, the other without it, so both were manufactured in different pressing plant. But it does not means one of them is bootleg.

Like the BARATHRUM "Eerie" CD, both versions has the same matrix, but one of them contain ifpi, the other version does not contains it. So both were manufactured in different pressing plant but both Barathrum CD are original first press. Did you ignore the photos? they are the best proof of my argue.

Quote:
Same pressing, same matrix, same release. Different versions for different countries are different presses, like a press for EU and another for NA.

And Does it means that (for example) the US or the French version of any CD is not first press, or is not original or is not genuine??

Again, look at the Barathrum example, obviously, both Barathrum CD were manufactured in different pressing plant, but both has the same matrix, and one of them with Ifpi. So your thesis is wrong. It's a fact that:

DIFFERENT VERSIONS may contain the SAME MATRIX (as the Barathrum case)
DIFFERENT VERSIONS may be also original first press (as the Rotting Christ case)

Quote:
IPFI codes were only introduced back in 1994, everything pressed before that has no IPFI codes. Maybe you should do some reading...

Sorry, but its you who should to do some reading. Ifpi were introduced before 1994.
Otherwise how you can explain that one version of ROTTING CHRIST "Thy mighty contract" CD released in 1993 by Osmose Prod. contains ifpi code?

More examples. I have the 3 of the 4 different original first press versions of BOLT THROWER "Real Of Chaos" ( I miss the US version ), the 3 versions released in 1989 contains ifpi code. So how you can explain that?

More examples, the original first press of R.D.P "Brasil" CD released by Roadracer in 1989 contains ifpi code

More examples, the original first press of R.D.P "Anarkophobia" CD released by Roadracer in 1991 in the DURECO Dutch pressing plant with matrix DURECO [01] RO 9326-2 contains ifpi code

More examples, the 2nd press (but 1rst press in CD) of TIAMAT "Sumerian Cry" CD released by Metalcore in 1990 contains Ifpi code

More examples, the first press (I have the German version) of OVERKILL "I hear Black" released by Atlantic in 1993 contains ifpi code

Do you need more? I do not think so.

So, definitely, Ipfi code was not introduced in 1994. To be honest, I don't know the exact year, but the oldest CD I have found in my collection with Ipfi code is from 1989.

Quote:
You're a bit uninformed if you think that you can find endless different pressings for OOP stuff when most of them where pressed for EU alone, while other where just for EU and NA. That means that for many many albums only one or two first pressings exist, hence only one or two matrices, not a gazillion of them like you imply.

So I am a bit uniformed, just because I have proof of all what I wrote? I don’t think so.

No, I can’t find endless different pressing for OOP, but anybody can find THOUSANDS CD/LP made, with more than one or two different first press as you argue. Examples:

6 different versions of DEATH “Scream Bloody Gore” LP were manufactured in 1987
11 different versions of IRON MAIDEN “Poweslave” CD were manufactured in 1984 (4 German versions, 2 Dutch versions, 2 US versions, 1 Italian versions, 1 UK version, 1 Brazilian version)
24 different versions of IRON MAIDEN “Poweslave” LP were manufactured in 1984
17 different versions of IRON MAIDEN “Fear of the Dark” CD were manufactured in 1992
3 different versions of BENEDICTION “Subconscious Terror” CD were manufactured in 1990.
8 different versions of BENEDICTION “Subconscious Terror” LP were manufactured in 1990
9 different versions of SLAYER “Seasons in the Abyss” CD were manufactured in 1990.
7 different versions of SATYRICON “Dark Medieval time” CD were manufactured in 1993
5 different versions of SATYRICON “The Nemesis Divina” CD were manufactured in 1996

etc, etc, etc….

In all these examples, all versions were manufactured at the same time, so we must consider all of them as first press and genuine.

So please don’t try to be ironic or sarcastic with me. I have almost 4 decades collecting music, but as my time collecting music is a proof of nothing, yourself can search the information about all what I wrote is truth.

Obrigado!

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:37 pm 

i hope you're not just going by the dates on the rear cover or the disc though, a repress that was made after 1993/1994 [ifpi introduction] of an album that came out in 1985 will most likely have ifpi codes but the date will still say 1985.
a reissue will have the date it was reissued, but probably the original date too

(C)1985
(P)1985
(P)2012

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:44 pm 

svartetroner70 wrote:
androdion wrote:

Sorry, but its you who should to do some reading. Ifpi were introduced before 1994.

No, read on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFPI#Phonogram_anti-piracy. 1994.

svartetroner70 wrote:
Otherwise how you can explain that one version of ROTTING CHRIST "Thy mighty contract" CD released in 1993 by Osmose Prod. contains ifpi code?

More examples. I have the 3 of the 4 different original first press versions of BOLT THROWER "Real Of Chaos" ( I miss the US version ), the 3 versions released in 1989 contains ifpi code. So how you can explain that?

In a word: represses. Those tend to come with the original date as the cover and back cover are tipically unchanged.

svartetroner70 wrote:
So, definitely, Ipfi code was not introduced in 1994. To be honest, I don't know the exact year, but the oldest CD I have found in my collection with Ipfi code is from 1989.

I took the time to check on discogs.com the CDs you listed as having the SID codes. None of the original 1st CD presses has a SID code there. Ok, it can be because people not always want to spend the time to enter the codes in the database, but what about http://www.discogs.com/Ratos-De-Por%C3% ... se/1011853 that explicitly says it doesn't have SID codes?

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 pm 

I'm always worried that an out of print CD i'm buying is a bootleg. I have a copy of protector a shedding of skin. It looks legit but how can I know when I bought it off ebay for 10 bucks plus shipping. Supposedly a first press and it has the catalog number on the inner ring of the CD. That probably means it's an original right?

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:53 pm 

put up some scans and photos man :thumbsup:

and an original out of print cd for $10? the catalogue number in the matrix would actually be a warning sign for me....
hard to tell without seeing it.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 65  Next