Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
solacium
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:02 am 

Why this search engine is not capable to give me all the list of the old classic bands & the old school metal bands ? Why those old school bands are not classified as old school ? Please do that, there are more people to come if you guys can add categories or search engine that can able to give old school bands list would be so awesome ! I have checked, this site even got the most rare bands that you hardly can find on youtube....

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:10 am 

"old school" is an ill-/undefined, elastic and subjective term with many potential meanings. There's no way we could really meaningfully incorporate it into the database.

You can, however, use the advanced search function to search for artists with a specific year of formation or a specific release date range of albums.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:14 am 

Also, regarding newer bands that play old-school styles, you can always check the "Similar Artists" tab of older bands to see if there's more recent bands that're identified as being similar.

solacium
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:01 am 

I only come here for the band's correct locations & country that's all . I do get all the old school names all around the world but the problem is it doesn't make life easy. So if you did make this site to make life easy better do it properly why i have to discover old school bands from so many sources why i cant get one source & get the whole entire treasure of OS bands or OSM ??

At least I get metal bands lists from wiki, sorted alphabetically & beautifully categorized by countries (with the flag wow) & genres lmao which is extremely helpful specially for young metalheads around the world. ..... this is a metal archive it should have high level or detailed categories of metal bands by yrs, countries, genres & style obviously not searching by names then why i need to search here i can search that & get info from anywhere. I only use this site to get the band's correct location & country that's all , that's it ! Old School as a term is very very important for metalheads & obviously you are not gonna write only the word 'old school 'you need to defined it properly such as old school death metal bands or classic death metal bands , old school black metal bands or in short OSM , OSDM , OSBM etc etc

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:07 am 

We do have complete band lists by genre, letter and country. Not too hard to miss, they're right on the main page, in the lower left corner.

solacium
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:36 am 

ok thats it OSM in the category make it bit different better than wiki plzzz more advanced more super high power category ahhhhh forget it ........anyways its ok i wish i had osm website :( only osm lists ahhhhhhhh damn :'(

Thank you for your kind help, I appreciate it :'(

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:44 am 

Sorry that I'm here but twenty years later the term "old-school" will be using for bands that formed in 90-s/00-s, so that list of "old-school" bands will be growing and growing. For me 90's Pantera is old-school because I'm young and for those who was born in 70-s old-school is Metallica, Maiden and Priest, who was born in 50-s - Deep Purple, Black Sabbath etc. etc. That term is really about time and very subjective.

solacium
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:16 am 

Guys why i never tried the advanced search where i can still search bands, putting yrs like 1980 to 1990 & then select any normal genre or main genre not the sub-genre & get all the old school stuff wow i didn't know that i just tried it now & yeah i had to read the entire search rules as well & oh my god its even precise when i add country along with yr & main genre that's awesome wow why the hell i didn't try it damn man thanks im saved :D now im gonna bookmark it & straight away go for it \m/ thanks man once again now its unbelievably helpful awesome !!

solacium
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:48 am 

ok calm down

to me metal means the 80s & 90s that's my era we grow up with it after that era metal became something that i don't really understand lol xD ......now a days there are new bands ( & there will be more new bands ) who are or will have old school influence or style in their music that means more true to material & less technico mixing remixing & frog noise from a guitar & way too much djents frog stuff most of the bands use ...... ehem ehem when we say classic we say opera , instrumental, chorus, blues, jazz but when it comes about rock n roll its classic but its classic rock n roll u see through time to time there will be changes & crazy genres so i don't think 80s 90s metal won't be identified as a classic style because it is classic & it will be because that was the era metal actually born so obviously most metalfreaks will call those bands from that particular time old school bands or classic metal because it is classic & it did born on that particular era & will always be remembered as classic I believe :D

anyways its ok now i know how to trickily use the advanced search engine so that's just ok no problem with that im good with it.....

thanks man its all good now i got the trick now so for me its heaven its better than anything .....cheers :D \m/

p.s i wish i could put some rare bands never had time to sit down & do it :(
im still a mallcore kid :'(

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.