Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SwampAsh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:45 am 

Read the first post, according to the email I got my band (Overlord) was rejected under the metalness category, for being 'stoner rock' - the lines are admittedly blurry, but I'd still consider us more of a classic heavy metal band (which is the category I entered us as on the website). EP is available for listening here:
(Track one does have much more of a stoner feel than the others so you may want to pick a different track when assessing if we are a metal band or not...)
overlord1.bandcamp.com

(hope that link isnt considered spamming, sorry if it is!)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:04 am 

Hm, it gets more metallic in the second half, but I have to agree with Porman. Sounds more on the groovy stoner rock side than it does on the metal one. My advice would be to resubmit when you have another release out with a less borderline sound.

Pretty decent stuff, btw.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36 am 

Yeah, it's good stuff alright, but I listened to more than the first track and the metal is pretty much non existent.

SwampAsh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:46 pm 

Fair enough, no worries - cheers anyway!

thatblackmetalchick
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:00 pm 

I submitted Wulfhook to be added a few days ago and it was rejected because there was no physical proof of their demo release. I own a copy myself and would like to resubmit the band. How do I resubmit and get that evidence to the archives? Would it be sufficient to just post a picture of the CD online somewhere?

First time submitting a band. Thanks for the help.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:02 pm 

thatblackmetalchick wrote:
Would it be sufficient to just post a picture of the CD online somewhere?

Yes, please do.

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:32 pm 

Ah it's me again, I have too many questions don't I? :) Well anyways, was curious about the Japanese band Exist Trace, who were previously rejected, and I think they actually do have a spot here, again under the gothic metal category. Could someone tell me what they think of these samples and if they're archives worthy? Here they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiUB9y2I2s4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C547hDR- ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vJCNIma ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EVzR0Eb ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpKcLVP3 ... re=related
------------------------------------------------------------------
Japanese Metal Forum

sakuzu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 pm 

deleted so you will be happy!

Last edited by sakuzu on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:01 pm 

That's not for you to say. Don't act like a moderator.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:05 pm 

sakuzu wrote:
I think they are gothic metal, but sound also like alternative-nu metal.

Despite this, I think they are "heavy enough" in my opinion

I already told you to lurk around a bit more before you start posting again. Now please don't mini-mod.

sakuzu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:25 pm 

What do you want??? I give only my opinion, it 's my right.
Obviously, you have the last word. If you don't want to other users express their opinion, just close the forum.
It's only a "discussion", an "exchange of views". Maybe you just be quiet only a little bit and don't give orders to other persons.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:30 pm 

This isn't a democracy, despite of what you might think. Bands can be brought up here and are then (re-)evaluated by the staff. You are not part of the staff and so your opinion on a band is irrelevant for this site and serves only to confuse users at worst. Check the thread I linked to. This doubles as a warning.

sakuzu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:43 pm 

Quote:
This isn't a democracy, despite of what you might think. Bands can be brought up here and are then evaluated by the staff. You are not part of the staff and so your opinion on a band is irrelevant for this site and serves only to confuse users at worst. Check the thread I linked to. This doubles as a warning.

First of all: I know perfectly this is not a democracy and you make decisions
Second thing: I don't think my opinion can confuse others: everyone has it's own opinion and nobody can be confused by a personal opinion (I don't write for a television news or for a newspaper).

But, if after that you will be happy, I'll delete my post, so nobody will "be confused" for my bad, bad words, and your life and everyone's life will go on harmonically and smoothly.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:53 pm 

This thread is simply for the users to ask about the bands and the staff to answer these questions, not for everyone to say their opinions, it's simpler like this, because no posts will get lost in a flood of confusing and polarised comments. You really seem to disrepect this simple policy and didn't bother to follow Azmodes' simple and polite recommendation.

Risenv0id
Bicycle pump

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:46 pm 

Still trying to show that Annorkoth is black metal and should be removed from the black list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB6DH89I_iU

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:49 pm 

Holy shit, it's Bicycle Pump Guy. I thought I'd never see you again.

Risenv0id
Bicycle pump

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:32 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Holy shit, it's Bicycle Pump Guy. I thought I'd never see you again.

Haha, indeed. My pleasure.

namor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:44 am 

Greetings, my band VIRGIN'S RAPE was rejected. I have released a compilation of old demos on cd-r format and this stuff will be available through "SKULL FUCKING METAL DISTRO" from Canada. Please, let me know where i can send a promo pack to you?, i don't like to send links to youtube, mp3 downloable shit as a proof. Thanks in advance.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:59 am 

Well, you could just give us pictures of the physical release, and that'd work.

But, in case you insist sending a promo pack, I'm also from Mexico.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:03 pm 

Do we all get a promo pack? :D

namor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 pm 

Ok OPSIUSCATO, contactame para enviarte el promo. Yo estoy en el D.F. y soy el fundador de FUNEREAL MOON.

ALHADIS, YEAH, IF YOU WANT IT I CAN SEND IT TO YOU. SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:03 pm 

namor wrote:
Greetings, my band VIRGIN'S RAPE was rejected. I have released a compilation of old demos on cd-r format and this stuff will be available through "SKULL FUCKING METAL DISTRO" from Canada. Please, let me know where i can send a promo pack to you?, i don't like to send links to youtube, mp3 downloable shit as a proof. Thanks in advance.

We like to discuss the bands between us, even if you don't like it, it would be preferable to give us mp3 links. Of course, with a pic of the release.

namor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:18 pm 

Ok, this is a link to "FUNEREAL MOON" official web site(http://funerealmoonhell.webs.com/virginsrape.htm) and here you can find the info. related to "VIRGIN'S RAPE" (cover artwork and 1 song of the album). Thanks for all.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:00 pm 

I'll inform you once the promo gets here, namor. Feel free to resubmit once I post it arrived.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

a_toenail
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:15 pm 

My submission got rejected citing that it was already in the database...but I don't see it. Not sure how that's even possible. Can someone double-check please?

Thanks

a_toenail
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:19 pm 

Ok, nevermind. I guess a bandmate did it, but it doesn't show up in the search...weird.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:24 pm 

Sutratma, added by GraveWish, a site regular.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:28 am 

I'd like to bring up Cripple Bastards (blacklisted Italian Hategrind). Now I'm not disagreeing that they are more punk-grind than metal-grind, but I think they could be considered for the site under "place within the metal community".

I realize that that clause is used in side-project discussions, but after digging up info while filling in split-album line-ups, I realized that Cripple Bastards are featured on no less than 10 splits with other MA-approved bands (you can see a list on the founding member's artist page - http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/G ... ard/449868). That's more material than nearly half the bands featured on the site have in their entire catalouge (including all but like 5 of the 21,767 Black Metal bands currently listed on the site.)

It's unorthodox, I know, but CB could easily be one of those "arbitrary" additions to the site, and could really use a second glance.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

woody1993
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:34 am 

I've used the search function, and I couldn't find anything about this band on this topic.
So here goes nothing.
I was looking for the band dope and i know you don't accept bands like rammstein and industrial metal like that,
but dope isn't the industrial band with a lot of electro in it. is it just the genre?
So my question: why is dope blacklisted as a band?

thanks

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:44 pm 

woody1993 wrote:
I've used the search function, and I couldn't find anything about this band on this topic.
So here goes nothing.
I was looking for the band dope and i know you don't accept bands like rammstein and industrial metal like that,
but dope isn't the industrial band with a lot of electro in it. is it just the genre?

thanks

Are you talking about the nu-metal Dope or is there a different Dope you are looking for? If so, could you provide some links to the music you are referring to? Your post is a little vague on this.

woody1993
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:05 pm 

Ribos wrote:
woody1993 wrote:
So here goes nothing.

thanks

Are you talking about the nu-metal Dope or is there a different Dope you are looking for? If so, could you provide some links to the music you are referring to? Your post is a little vague on this.

I was talking about dope, with Edsel dope as frontman, And yeah if you consider it nu-metal, then my question is answered.
But I for sure don't think of it as nu-metal, it has almost non of the caracteristics that are connected to nu- metal...

Greets

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:09 pm 

Blacklist note says "mallcore", and I can pretty confidently stand behind that assessment from what I remember. Unless a drastic change has happened some point within the last 12 years, they're gonna stay off.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:32 pm 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
I'd like to bring up Cripple Bastards (blacklisted Italian Hategrind). Now I'm not disagreeing that they are more punk-grind than metal-grind, but I think they could be considered for the site under "place within the metal community".

I realize that that clause is used in side-project discussions, but after digging up info while filling in split-album line-ups, I realized that Cripple Bastards are featured on no less than 10 splits with other MA-approved bands (you can see a list on the founding member's artist page - http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/G ... ard/449868). That's more material than nearly half the bands featured on the site have in their entire catalouge (including all but like 5 of the 21,767 Black Metal bands currently listed on the site.)

It's unorthodox, I know, but CB could easily be one of those "arbitrary" additions to the site, and could really use a second glance.

That's an interesting point, but they have done twice as many splits with bands that are not on the archives. In my experience, they're pretty much separated from the metal scene, and the only metalheads who pay attention to them are those who are also into hardcore punk and PV/grind stuff. To make a rash generalization, if they played MDF, you would see a few hundred of the thousands of people watching them, and it would mostly be crusties, not metalheads. I don't think anyone would associate them or their listeners with metal, despite these splits. Adding my two cents because I have a bit of perspective to offer from being involved with punk/hc/grind outside of metal, and summoning OneRodeToAsaBay for insider expertise.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:23 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
That's an interesting point, but they have done twice as many splits with bands that are not on the archives. In my experience, they're pretty much separated from the metal scene, and the only metalheads who pay attention to them are those who are also into hardcore punk and PV/grind stuff. To make a rash generalization, if they played MDF, you would see a few hundred of the thousands of people watching them, and it would mostly be crusties, not metalheads. I don't think anyone would associate them or their listeners with metal, despite these splits. Adding my two cents because I have a bit of perspective to offer from being involved with punk/hc/grind outside of metal, and summoning OneRodeToAsaBay for insider expertise.

Not gonna argue there, the metal band splits are a minority of sorts in their discography, but they still do have some presence. The whole point of the exception bands is that they are not normal metal bands that are typically added, which is why they are discussed in this fashion. I'd like to hear AsaBay's opinion (honestly didn't know he was still around) but I can fully understand if they are left on theblacklist.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

irionman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:02 am 

Just curious as to why Boreal (united states) is blacklisted. The cassette, The Battle Of VOSAD, is a nice atmospheric black metal piece. http://www.discogs.com/Boreal-The-Battl ... se/2666428

Just listen to the song Sleepless Night. (I put it on the discogs page for anyone to hear)

MaXPoWeR81
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:25 pm 

Quote:
Sorry MaXPoWeR81, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Flamestrike (Italy), for the following reason:

Please read our rules about the physical release; the music might be acceptable for the site, but there is no evidence of a physical release. If this band has indeed released anything on a physical medium AND you can show us proof, you can resubmit it again.

The demo "Unholy March / Enslaved By The Steel" was recorded in our studio and is available on CD support self-producted. The tracks are ALSO available online, not ONLY.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:34 pm 

Can you provide proof it was released; a photo of the release, a place where it is sold, etc.?

sakuzu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:10 am 

I've noticed that Matenrou Opera are blacklisted. Recently, band D had a second chance ad it was approved, so I'm asking a second chance for Matenrou Opera for this reasons:

- http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mat ... 3540351582
That is the profile I've already done: how can you see in the complete lineup, Matenrou Opera is formed by members of other heavy metal band of Japan (here the source: http://visualkei.wikia.com/wiki/%E6%91% ... %A9#Lineup)

- The sound is Symphonic metal with power metal tunes:
* Please, listen the samples entirely for listen the power metal fast riffs parts in some songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGmEeT_iyGk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k85jX7ANMlM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLld5PTzMc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZJKdsUH9c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr9az6 ... re=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4HDvoS6-F8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDXSzyE ... re=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb-N_SP ... re=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDfZHpn ... 76DDF10EF9

They are also pretty known in Japanese scene

Thank you for you attention!

InsightOut
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:33 pm 

I have to argue that black winter is really established in greece and one of the biggest acts in the greek periphery... Also one of the very basic members who was in the debut album and up to last year is from Raging Storm and the ex drummer of Denial Price one of the Very First greek heavy metal bands and Last issue of Metal Hammer lists it in a tribute to the most influential bands around.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:54 pm 

Their MA page says Greece, so, what's your point?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 541  Next