Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:29 am 

When I become a famous rapper. I'm going to perform for anyone who pays me the most, and be the first rapper ever to perform at the RNC. It won't be hypocritical either, because I'll be gettin paid, gettin paid.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:23 pm 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
Yahko wrote:
I find it kidna funny that Conservatives need to use songs that get denied again and again - isnt there enough Ted Nugent songs that they can use and he would be happy his song is used. Alice Cooper and Kid Rock follow the same right wing beliefs.

I dont see Democrats using Ted Nugent songs - I wonder why.....

How about good ol' Born in the USA?

A something something something BORN IN THE USA!

Perfect Conservative, patriotic song.

Being the Internetz and all, I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic. In the event you are serious, you should know that the song has a very negative history with Republicans (linky).

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:02 am 

PhantomGreen wrote:
Just to get this clear if I 'misinterpret' a song, that's copyright infringement?? Last time I checked artists revel in the idea of their music and lyrics being subjective, hence the 'art' part of it. So goddamm, next time I listen to a Hammers of Misfortune song, I better damn well be comprehending what Scalzi/Cobbett are trying to say, God forbid I create my own interpretation or I could risk being MA's next Cinerary.
You have the reading comprehension skills to rival an eight year-old. A slow eight year-old. Please try again.

Honestly though, if Paul Ryan is trying to seem "hip" with the "edgy" kids or something, he might as well go with something like this which at least doesn't run completely counter to the policies he's laid out. And honestly, I would probably have to vote for him just because he used Oingo Boingo for a campaign song.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 pm 

Earthcubed wrote:
Being the Internetz and all, I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic. In the event you are serious, you should know that the song has a very negative history with Republicans (linky).

Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

PhantomGreen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:26 pm 

Ribos wrote:
PhantomGreen wrote:
Just to get this clear if I 'misinterpret' a song, that's copyright infringement?? Last time I checked artists revel in the idea of their music and lyrics being subjective, hence the 'art' part of it. So goddamm, next time I listen to a Hammers of Misfortune song, I better damn well be comprehending what Scalzi/Cobbett are trying to say, God forbid I create my own interpretation or I could risk being MA's next Cinerary.
You have the reading comprehension skills to rival an eight year-old. A slow eight year-old. Please try again.

Well being that I'm from the Southern states of America that means I'm slightly ahead of the curve Right? They must be doin' somethin' right down here huh?

mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2