Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:26 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
halfformedfetus wrote:
american beer is like sex on the beach- fucking near water

From now on I'd try to avoid topics you obviously have little real-life experience in ;) .

it was a joke man obviously its not like water! just having a bit of fun.....just sturring, and it worked

WWLD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:42 am 

Drinking on some Sierra Nevada Tumbler. Got some Magic Hat Hex in the fridge. Never tried it before. Hopefully it's as good as the picture on the bottle. Bring on the fall seasonals! Can't wait to get some Southern Tier Pumking. Also want to try Sam Adams' Fat Jack

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:21 am 

Marag wrote:
japc wrote:
Grimbergen

Sounds like the name of a black metal band

GrimandFrostbittenBeer.

WWLD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:17 am 

Hex by Magic Hat is pretty fucking good. Not high on alcohol content, but a good taste and good to sip on while working out in the yard. Also trying Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout for the first time. Good sipper. I could really appreciate this on a cold winter night.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:52 am 

Having this tonight, and it's relatively cold and blowing a fuckin' freezing gale outside...

This is a New Zealand brewery who make some tasty brews, with this one being no exception. It's a wonderfully, dark, bitter beer, with some slight burnt caramel and chocolate finish, giving it a beautiful full flavour. Lovely stuff.

My collection

Aztakea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:28 pm 

I love beer. All kinds. I prefer different sorts of IPA and so, but if I just wanna chill with my guitar or hang with some buds I often buy Pabst Blue Ribbon, Beck's or something in that manner. But the best beer I've ever tasted is a Swedish one called Oppigards Single Hop Ale, just phenomenal! I also like Samuel Adams quite a lot, Boston Lager or their ale dosen't matter that much.

I end this entry with a pricless quote from the brilliant Blue Velvet, said by Dennis Hopper's Frank Booth;

Heineken?! Fuck Heineken! Pabst Blue Ribbon! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT8lW73jexU

https://aztakea.bandcamp.com/releases

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:46 pm 

The swedes make some solid beer. I've still got an empty bottle of something awesomely called "HELL". I don't remember the taste but I remember that as opposed to most novelty beers (never buy "Satan", it's piss) it was surprisingly good.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Metalmeistermms
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:52 pm 

Love to drink some stronger beers and being from the Netherlands I'm blessed with some great beers which are available in about every supermarket:

Quadrupel, brewed by La Trappe
Gladiator, brewed by Gulpener
Het Kanon, brewed by Grolsch

Also beers from our neighbours in the south (Belgium) are quite brilliant (they probably are the best brewers in the world). I love stuff like Leffe, Maredsous, La Chouffe, Grimbergen etcetera. Also great beers to cook with; great for stews and stuff like that
Awaiting our reign

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:27 pm 

I've been a beer head for years but I don't think be tried many different beers apart from Sol, Corona, Pure Blonde and Carlton Draught, all of which are top fucking beers.

I've got a Dan Murphy's down the road which stocks a vast array of imports so going by what I listed there, I also like malt beer too so anyone wanna throw me a recommendation on a import I should try?

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:00 am 

Jackoroth wrote:
I also like malt beer

Malt beer, you say? Please tell us more, good sir.

Sinistrous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:04 pm 

I'm heading for the Killtown Deathfest next week in Copenhagen and as it is quite likely that I will drink a few beers, is there any Danish ones worth recommending? Tuborg and Carlsberg are not worth mentioning of course, but I distinctly remember Faxe being a worthy lager. Must have been, seeing as I still remember drinking the damn thing. I know of Jacobsen and Mikkeller, Harboe too, which somehow always reminds me of Neurosis and Jarboe, for some bizarre reason. Jacobsen's 0,75 L brown beers are a treat and not too pricy, considering our obscene prices for alcohol.

PhantomGreen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:05 pm 

Sitting at the bar tonight and they were stocking their newest brew Newcastle 'werewolf blood red ale' good God this is some nasty shit. Avoid at all costs, stick to the brown stuff.

mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:55 am 

Sinistrous wrote:
I'm heading for the Killtown Deathfest next week in Copenhagen and as it is quite likely that I will drink a few beers, is there any Danish ones worth recommending?

Well, there are plenty really, but hard to recommend anything since you give no clue as to what kind of things you are looking for. Mikkeller is quality as is Amager, Nørrebro, To Øl, Djævlebryg, Hornbeer. Thing is though, they're brewers with a slew of different beers with very different flavor profiles. Mikkeller's American Dream and Burger & Bun Lager as well as To Øl's Raid Beer should probably taste fairly well to someone who is more accustomed to pale lagers.

Sinistrous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:25 pm 

Well, I didn't have any particular style in mind, even though I am actually big fan of the british porters and stouts. Strong, robust ones are always preferred over lagers. Thanks in any case. I am quite intrigued about their hvidtøl, or white beer, which doesn't seem white at all. The local specialties are always interesting.

YsmirsBeard666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:20 pm 

I've been drinking Ciuc lately, it's a Romanian beer, probably as common here as Coors Light in America, quite cheap, but much better than the typical American cheap beer, much better than Coors, Bud, ect. I've also been drinking another Romanian beer, a black beer called Silva, quite good, quite bitter.

I've tried a Hobgoblin, apparently a Brit beer. I enjoyed it quite a bit, very bitter, very tasty.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:28 pm 

Under age drinking!!! :nono:

I'm broke so I'm being white trash these days, can't say that Colt 45 is that awful, it gets the job done!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:33 pm 

When I'm broke I drink "5,0" Pilsener, German standard quality beer for the price of 0,49 €/0,5 liters.
I do so since the legal beer drinking age of 16 years.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
:oh shit:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

YsmirsBeard666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:44 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Under age drinking!!! :nono:

I'm broke so I'm being white trash these days, can't say that Colt 45 is that awful, it gets the job done!

Hardly. The law isn't quite enforced here. Aren't you from Quebec? I thought that kind of thing is somewhat acceptable there. :P

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:04 pm 

I was sarcastic, I was acting like you were in the US anyway. 21+ is simply ridiculous.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

YsmirsBeard666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:14 pm 

Oh, doesn't translate well over the internet, as usual :lol:
Yeah, it is ridiculous in the States. I couldn't even step into a pub to have a soda or something. Tomorrow's my last day here, though, gonna miss this place.

PhantomGreen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:40 pm 

YsmirsBeard666 wrote:
Oh, doesn't translate well over the internet, as usual :lol:
Yeah, it is ridiculous in the States. I couldn't even step into a pub to have a soda or something. Tomorrow's my last day here, though, gonna miss this place.

Where are you headed?

And on the topic of cheap malts like colt .45 I'm definitely not one to judge, I've had plenty of Natty Ice nights, but these days I just can't stomach 'em, even Mickey's make my stomach turn. If I've got to be cheap i'll grab a 5th of 7.

mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat

YsmirsBeard666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:08 pm 

Going back to California :grumble:

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:08 am 

I've been jamming with some buddies I haven't seen in awhile and since we're all a little short on cash these days I decided to pick up a few 40ozers of Olde English 800 7.5% ABV. Unlike some other 40z Malt Liquors I have had, this one had the same bland taste till the (unusually decent) bitter end.

I am a huge fan of Stout beers in general as well as most Dark Ale and discovered that Stone recently brought back their version of the notorious Russian Imperial Stout, which I give a 9.5 out of 10, being the best beer I have had in awhile. I also had a Green Flash Double Stout Black Ale which was pretty damn good. Both of these lovely beers are brewed locally here in San Diego.

WWLD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:18 am 

I would say Steel Reserve is the best out of all that shit. Evil Eyes is fucking nasty. High ABV though. 9.0 or something like that

TheHeresySleep
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:25 am 

you guys have to order 'tennent's' beer. its an italian beer i think, i only saw them/drink while i was in italy so, look it up. tastes very malty and three or four of those bottles makes you light headed :D

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:34 am 

YsmirsBeard666 wrote:

Man, tell me about it. I can't get a damn pbr around here.

Indian Wells Brewing Co is descent, but I think I might be biased as I've gotten fairly used to it. Served literally everywhere here.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:12 am 

TWO WEEKS UNTIL DOGFISH RELEASES THE SEASONAL PUNKIN ALE.

Alread excited. My favorite season and my favorite seasonal beer. Om nom nom nom.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:16 pm 

I have a Pumking in my fridge. Expecting it to taste like pumpkin-flavored diabeetus.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:18 pm 

Yeah, the Pumking is crazy sweet, but it really is quite delicious. Easily the most spiced of the seasonals.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:42 pm 

You ever had Creme Brulee? :lol:

PostMetalActivist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:53 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
TWO WEEKS UNTIL DOGFISH RELEASES THE SEASONAL PUNKIN ALE.

Alread excited. My favorite season and my favorite seasonal beer. Om nom nom nom.

So damn good!

I can't wait, dogfish makes all my favorites.

YsmirsBeard666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:17 pm 

iAm wrote:
YsmirsBeard666 wrote:

Man, tell me about it. I can't get a damn pbr around here.

Like I have access 90% of the time to anything better than Coors/Bud Lite :P

WWLD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:49 am 

Creme Brulee by Southern Tier is fucking awesome! The type of beer you could stick a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream in and have a Creme Brulee float! I bought a 12 pack of Leinenkugel Oktoberfest the other night because I THOUGHT I didn't have a problem with Leine. Their Oktoberfest FUCKING SUCKS! Leaving that shit for when people come over and I don't want to get rid of my good shit. Drinking on some Harpoon Leviathan Imperial IPA right now. Fantastic stuff. Bottle describes it pretty well. First sip is kind of piney and fruity and it only gets better from there. Their regular IPA is great too but the ABV on this is a lot higher and the flavor is a lot more demanding. Makes you want more and more. Also had a couple Yellow Snow's by Rogue ,tonight. A good pale beer. The Harpoon Leviathan Imperial IPA is the way to go if you like IPAs and high ABV. 10%. Good shit. Good flavor.

WWLD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:51 am 

Has anybody tried the Schlafly Pumpkin or Sam Adams' Fat Jack?

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:44 am 

WWLD wrote:
Has anybody tried the Schlafly Pumpkin or Sam Adams' Fat Jack?

I bought a bottle of Fat Jack but haven't tried it yet. It's been in high 80/low 90s around me lately, not really the right weather for pumpkin beer in my mind, so I'm waiting a bit. Online reviews seem mostly favorable, though

WWLD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:57 am 

Drinking some Anchor Liberty Ale. Not sure how I feel about it. Has a weird, bitter, fruity taste to it. Like grapefruit or something. Not horrible. I'm sure like it more and more the more and more I drink it

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:06 am 

WWLD wrote:
Drinking some Anchor Liberty Ale. Not sure how I feel about it. Has a weird, bitter, fruity taste to it. Like grapefruit or something. Not horrible. I'm sure like it more and more the more and more I drink it

It's called hops.

WWLD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:40 am 

Man, I'm all about the IPAs. I know what hops are. Just not that fond of THIS particular one

WWLD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:43 am 

Or APA, as I guess Liberty is. I've licked the inside of a hop before. I recommend doing it if you're into hoppy beers, just make sure you have something to wash it away with after because it isn't very pleasant

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:20 am 

Anchor's Liberty Ale is a single hop one i.e. it only uses Cascade for bittering and aroma and Cascade is probably the most used hop in American-made IPAs and APAs.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 86  Next