Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Sanctium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:45 am 

Aha, figures

pastafarian
Liberalestest Hitler Jugend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:28 am 

This isnt metal but i want to know the artist/style of what kind of music this is.
Starting at 5:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aM8zHdJ ... plpp_video

BenBrucesAss
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:14 pm 

I need help identifying a cybergrind song. I believe the cover was of some humanoid like figure kneeling on a brown ground with buildings in the background. The ending of the song had that 'electronic buzzing' mixed with extremely fast drums and vocals (it sounded like an error message). Can anyone help me identify this song, because it's fucking incredible.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:18 pm 

All right, maybe someone can help me find this tune I've been curious about for a while. I guess the style would properly be considered "sludge". The song is slow, with a pretty powerful groove and rather bluesy riffs. The production is sort of cleaner than what I'm used to from this genre, and while the vocals are delivered in a biting rasp of sorts they're perfectly understandable and not the pained screams of, say, Eyehategod. The vocals do possess a certain charisma, from what I remember...almost a casual, sneering tone. I remember the lyrics seem to tell of some guy complaining about how it snows all the time, and how much he hates it "up here", and that he's going to "go back down south, to West Virginia", or something like that (although it snows a lot in West Virginia, so I dunno, maybe it was something else...)

Any ideas?
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:33 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
All right, maybe someone can help me find this tune I've been curious about for a while. I guess the style would properly be considered "sludge". The song is slow, with a pretty powerful groove and rather bluesy riffs. The production is sort of cleaner than what I'm used to from this genre, and while the vocals are delivered in a biting rasp of sorts they're perfectly understandable and not the pained screams of, say, Eyehategod. The vocals do possess a certain charisma, from what I remember...almost a casual, sneering tone. I remember the lyrics seem to tell of some guy complaining about how it snows all the time, and how much he hates it "up here", and that he's going to "go back down south, to West Virginia", or something like that (although it snows a lot in West Virginia, so I dunno, maybe it was something else...)

Any ideas?

I found it with the Advanced Search on MA based on your description of the lyrics - it's apparently Weedeater's "Monkey Junction".

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:10 am 

One of the youtube comments: "I was looking for bass, but it seems bass found me first" :lol:

extar
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:50 am 

Hey all,

This one has been bugging me for years. It was used in a Toyota Rav4 advert in the UK around 2002. Here's a clip of the advert (sorry about the Nic Cage trailer that follows :D):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M71gXzGHuc8#t=1m34s

Here's a sample of just the audio:

http://www.extarscube.com/general/rav4_music_clip.mp3

I'm really at a loss as to who this might be. I thought initially maybe King Diamond or Overkill, but I really have no idea. It sounds late eighties/early nineties. The advert was from 2002 so obviously it can't be anything after that.

Thanks!

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:59 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Abominatrix wrote:

Any ideas?

I found it with the Advanced Search on MA based on your description of the lyrics - it's apparently Weedeater's "Monkey Junction".

:) How silly of me not to have done that. THanks, that's definitely the one. Not quite as cool as I remembered, but pretty neat for what it is and certainly better than Bongzilla. Guess I'll check out their set at MDF 2013!
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

Ass4ssin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:54 pm 

Can an1 please tell me what does Mratnimiat means in Stalingrad(Sabaton)????

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:51 pm 

I'm looking for a death metal band (i thought they were either from Malta or Greece) from which i forgot the name, i found a song from them on Youtube but i remember that they had no full-lengths out at that moment... their style was comparable to that of Abysmal Torment and I think their name (which i though had about 3 to 4 words) included the word 'god' , but not sure,... I know it's a bit of a long shot but much appreciated if anyone can find this band's name...

edit: nvm, i just realised you can scroll through your own history of viewed youtube videos o_0

the band was called Murder Made God btw

kale100
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:06 am 

Not metal...perhaps the farthest thing from it, but here goes.

Back somewhere between 2006 and 2009 I was listening to the radio, and some song by the Chemical Brothers came on. I had no idea who they were, but my dad did. I tried finding it the other day, going through album after album on youtube, to no avail. This particular song sounded like it was made in the late 60s or 70s, didn't sound overly electronic like everything else of theirs...it reminded me of cheech and chong for some reason, and the main 'melody' I guess you could say consisted of like 4 notes, 2 were low pitched, followed by one slightly higher, and the last much higher (similar to the song played in the episode of Spongebob entitled "Krab-Borg")

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:54 am 

Well, this is a last resort... I didn't really want to come here with this but here I am and it's kind of a shot in the dark...I've been looking for this one song for, literally 20 years.

-It was an early speed/power metal band, or at the least, a heavier, more aggressive NWOBHM-style band. I don't know if all the bands songs were like this, this one definatly was.

-Song would have come out around roughly 1982-84. I heard it 3 or 4 times on an old metal radio show circa spring 1984, if that helps.
-I couldnt quite make out the chorus, but it seemed to have a refrain similar to "cold steel breath" (Death?) and following the chorus, led into a somewhat flashy (albiet cheesy) finger-tapping guitar solo.
-Vocals were somewhat gruff, like Lemmy or possbily Tom Araya. However it was NOT Slayer or Motorhead, and I tried listening to various Killer (Belgium) songs from that time frame and couldnt find it either. Certainly not Celtic Frost or Hellhammer, or anyone "Big" like Anthrax or Metallica (I would have remembered if it was one of those bands!)
-I THINK I remember the song being live, although I'm not sure about that.

So, I dunno, I'm at a loss. I SHOULD know this band, but 20 years of searching, sifting through various youtube videos from that period and I'm kind of at a loss and just figured I'd throw it out there. If someone can find this song I'll buy em an e-sixpack.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:05 pm 

Let's make this plural - song(s).

I recently picked up the Bronze colored 2LP version of Burzum's Umskiptar album on Back on Black. Sides 1, 3 and 4 are correct. Side two is a misprint. Instead of having three songs like it should - it has four and is some sludge band.

I would love to know if this is part of the entire run (all colors? Just bronze?), or maybe just mine or a handful and it's something I've never heard - so I'm really curious who the band are on the disc.

Any clues?

Wrathbowne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:00 am 

Somebody please ID this song. If been looking for months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfGin-K3 ... plpp_video

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:06 am 

Wrathbowne wrote:
Somebody please ID this song. If been looking for months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfGin-K3 ... plpp_video

Someone already did on the YouTube comments: Cock and Ball Torture - Kamikaze Incest. I would never have guessed.

riot24
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:55 pm 

Could someone ID the song that starts at 00:34 Please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzWTHvSo1m8

J0
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:45 pm 

I found a one man mexican DSBM band a few months back and cant for the life of me remember the name. i've raked the depths of youtube with no avail.
It was pretty avant garde, the vocals consisted of weeping, genuine crying, standard DSBM shrieky stuff, and bits that sounded like a woman getting pleasured by a knife and enjoying it, only its a man.
The song structures where all over the shop, as i said, it was pretty avant garde. The knifey pleasure screams one just had a wierd ambient slighlty unsettleing, relatively quiet drone.
Can anybody shed any light on this please? it was completely insane and i want to listen to it again... and maybe have a chuckle while i do.

cheers

gigel2006
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:51 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MvBLOoS1oQ
Starts at 0:16. Plays throughout the video. It's been bugging me so much, and hopefully someone recognizes it.
Cheers.

Velmu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:42 pm 

First a little warning, video is one of those "youtube poops" which includes lots of earrape and insane effects etc. so better put down volume before watching if youre not fan of youtube poops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWiDI46JtEU&t=1m47s

What songs/bands plays at 1:47 - 2:07, second one is Vital Remains but im more interested in that which comes after it, that one at 2:02 - 2:07?

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:28 pm 

Velmu wrote:
First a little warning, video is one of those "youtube poops" which includes lots of earrape and insane effects etc. so better put down volume before watching if youre not fan of youtube poops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWiDI46JtEU&t=1m47s

What songs/bands plays at 1:47 - 2:07, second one is Vital Remains but im more interested in that which comes after it, that one at 2:02 - 2:07?

It would be far easier to pm the maker and ask. That said, I thought that YTP was well done.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:18 pm 

Velmu wrote:
that one at 2:02 - 2:07?

Viraemia - "Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation"

Velmu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:35 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Velmu wrote:
that one at 2:02 - 2:07?

Viraemia - "Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation"

Many thanks to you!

I would ask from maker what music plays at which part, but problem is that usually YTP:s includes lots of different music and tiny parts of them and people always ask those in comments and floods authors mailbox with questions regarding songs used in YTP.

iriki
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:54 pm 

I saw this Dream Theater concert live, I don't know what song is played in the beggining to make fun of Labrie, and it disturbes me A LOT since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvZftefGQ_Y

Which song is it? Can anyone appease my soul?

):

iriki
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:41 am 

I got it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IATz8ZVTALo&t=1m03s

I can die in peace now :D

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:22 pm 

Can anyone help me out with this? I was browsing at my local extreme metal store and the owner played a record that I've been trying to find. All I can say about it was that there was an intro with a cover of the Phantasm theme, much like the one in Left Hand Path.

I later asked what the name of the band was, which he said was something along the lines of Tormentor (I don't remember specifically but it was very death/thrashy with solos). This was a while after I heard the Phanasm theme though, so he may have switched records by the time I asked. Searching the various Tormentors hasn't helped me, so I'm thinking it wasn't that after all.

Phantasm theme covered/sampled in the intro. Help!

EDIT: Never mind, found it (good old IMDB). It was the hungarian black/thrash band Tormentor.

Diamonds_and_Rust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:31 am 

and the track probably was taken from the album Anno Domini

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:36 am 

Diamonds_and_Rust wrote:
and the track probably was taken from the album Anno Domini

Indeed. I looked into them...had no idea this band had a cult following.

Lollercoaster
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:48 am 

Ok, I've been searching for this song for years and years now, with little luck.

This was a while ago, so it was probably released no later than 2005.

I first heard it on the college radio station 107.7 at central connecticut state university.

This particular station played predominantly metal. Especially gothic metal bands like My dying bride, Draconian, Flowing tears, Type-O negative, dimmu borgir, cradle of filth. Also other kinds of bands including Falkenbach, Chimaira, novembers doom, blind guardian, gates of ishtar, kamelot, strapping young lad, and occasionally opeth and in flames. I've skimmed through virtually every gothic metal band at least twice, and haven't found it yet.

However, it didn't sound very much like metal.

I don't remember the melody or the lyrics of the song very well. I only remember how awesome it was.

I think the vocalist was male, and the singing was clean. It wasn't dark, gloomy, or doomish, but rather joyful. His voice was soft, sounded a bit like Jonas Renkse (particular on "Day" by Katatonia), Helen Vogt (especially like "Ballad of a Lonely god" from Razorbliss), and maybe a bit like clean Akerfeldt.

The instrumental that stood out the most was the guitar. It was mostly clean strumming. Like the vocals it sounded very "ethereal".

Then another song... Same radio station. The title was something like "We're all crazy". The phrase was said in the lyrics. The vocals where distorted. It had a really cool and insane sounding bass part.

That's all the details I could remember now. Hopefully it will help.

Cheers

Last edited by Lollercoaster on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
panzerhund
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:34 pm 

Hey there, can someone please help me to identify this song? I don't have any info about that, that's why on the vid you'll see no info about it...

I don't have any idea what language is that... someone told me it was french... another bloke told me that was basque but that doesn't sound like basque...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUjf0 ... detailpage

thanks in advance.

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 am 

It's "Esprits des Bois" from the album Hantaoma by Stille Volk. You're welcome. :)

whecks
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:52 pm 

OK, I hate to re-ask/spam the board again, but...
I still can't find the artist for this song (sorry about the stupid video).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bSds_ay39U

I've translated the lyrics below (I think).

Here's the part that's driving me nuts: NONE of the lyrics come up in Google--for anything! Virtually impossible? Yep. Agreed...but its the case.

Lyrics
=======

where this path goes
we do not know.
we've been lost
all this time.

face these labels
they put on you
and don't believe
all their lies.

can anyone help me?
is anyone out there?

we have a road to choose.
we've had a point to prove
for so long.

is there something to help me see?
is there something out there
that can help me breathe?
help me breathe?

can anyone help me?
is anyone out there?

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:31 pm 

In Szron's "Permafrost" there's a secondary theme, a kind of ringing guitar hook, used a few times throughout the song but most frequently during the last minute or so. I am certain I've heard this exact melody before -- same timbre, same tempo, same cadence, like it was cut and pasted into this song -- and it's driving me nuts that I can't locate its origin. So far all I know is that isn't the little guitar fill used at the end of each riff in Darkthrone's "Quintessence," which was my initial suspicion. It sounds like something a pagan or pagan black metal band would use. I was thinking Kampfar, and as their only album in my possession is Kvass, I'm currently going through that. If this resonates immediately with anyone, however, by all means let me know -- please n' thank ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ4rRJxl ... age#t=416s

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:41 am 

^ I was totally thinking Darkthrone (late 90's), Kampfar (Skogkledde...) or Satyricon (two first albums).

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:02 am 

Helvede wrote:
^ I was totally thinking Darkthrone (late 90's), Kampfar (Skogkledde...) or Satyricon (two first albums).

Ha, good call on the Satyricon, thanks. While I can't say I've found exactly the thing I was looking for, I can safely say, after going through some of my Satyricon, Gorgoroth, and Taake discs, that the melodic figure from that Szron song is pretty much all over Norwegian black metal (at the least), owing I guess to the "medieval" folk influence. I'm sure I've heard it so much over the years that it has become imprinted on my brain. Now that I'm conscious of it, I expect to hear it even more frequently.

kale100 wrote:
Not metal...perhaps the farthest thing from it, but here goes.

Back somewhere between 2006 and 2009 I was listening to the radio, and some song by the Chemical Brothers came on. I had no idea who they were, but my dad did. I tried finding it the other day, going through album after album on youtube, to no avail. This particular song sounded like it was made in the late 60s or 70s, didn't sound overly electronic like everything else of theirs...it reminded me of cheech and chong for some reason, and the main 'melody' I guess you could say consisted of like 4 notes, 2 were low pitched, followed by one slightly higher, and the last much higher (similar to the song played in the episode of Spongebob entitled "Krab-Borg")

This is a flailing long shot, but strictly based on the way you described the melody, you're not thinking of Orbital's "The Box," are you? It's not quite like what you said, but ... similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWi_7QST ... age#t=577s

kale100
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:48 am 

DeathfareDevil - Thank you for taking the time to respond, especially considering how long ago I posted that. However, that is not the song I heard. Even that sounds a bit too modern and electronic. Also I know that the guy on the radio said right before and right after that it was indeed the Chemical Brothers.

Qlang
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:22 am 

Hi. Been searching for this song for quite a while now, tried using every music identification service there is.Also, not on any soundtrack that i can think of. The name of the band or track would be nice or if someone could at least identify the music genre (more accurately), that would be equally awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pWsw2fg-sA#t=1m45s (song starts at 1:45 in case link is not working, it's the one that beings at The Judge, The Gravedancers part - Horror Profiles Part 4).

Thanks in advance!

LE: I should mention that i tried contacting the user via everything, no response from him yet (3 months ago).

seraphim1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:02 pm 

I need names of bands and songs from the soundcloud links bellow. Quality is poor because i ripped it from tape. I recorded those songs from radio 5-10 years ago i and there is no way i can figure out who are they.

First song

http://soundcloud.com/seraphim84/unknown-song-no1

Second song

http://soundcloud.com/seraphim84/unknown-song-no2

DARKZSOU7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:20 pm 

Sorry if this was asked before but Its right at the beginning of the video. It sounds kinda like late 80's speed/thrash but any ideas would help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXI74JHhncY

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:58 am 

DARKZSOU7 wrote:
Sorry if this was asked before but Its right at the beginning of the video. It sounds kinda like late 80's speed/thrash but any ideas would help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXI74JHhncY

Fear of God - "Will of Evil"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9btkXFEPwjQ#t=3m02s

Sounds like a different version (demo or live?) was used in the film.

I recommend their earlier album Within the Veil.

Siva0k0m7
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:55 pm 

prostopleer.com/tracks/5520001Cw59

I came across this track titled Sickness (Swe) - Involuntary Motions,
Am looking for more from them but can't find them via google ... any ideas?
Maybe the song has an incorrect name?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 48  Next