Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:30 pm 

Say what you want about Ted Nugent, that guy got a Sunn Enforcer to his name. A SUNN ENFORCER, BITCH.

Also, give drugs to Mustaine.

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:17 pm 

I don't think drugs would help shut Dave Mustaine up, if anything drugs just made him talk more. I'd rather just give Dave Mustaine his own talk show so he can rant about whatever tickles his fancy to his heart's content. Is it just me or does Dave Mustaine start spouting random and utterly reprehensible shit whenever he's got an album or a tour to promote as a way of garnering publicity?

slaughterdethmetal666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:36 am 

Kigo7 wrote:
I don't think drugs would help shut Dave Mustaine up, if anything drugs just made him talk more. I'd rather just give Dave Mustaine his own talk show so he can rant about whatever tickles his fancy to his heart's content. Is it just me or does Dave Mustaine start spouting random and utterly reprehensible shit whenever he's got an album or a tour to promote as a way of garnering publicity?

no its not just you. i agree ive noticed this 2

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:35 am 

Kigo7 wrote:
I don't think drugs would help shut Dave Mustaine up, if anything drugs just made him talk more. I'd rather just give Dave Mustaine his own talk show so he can rant about whatever tickles his fancy to his heart's content.

He can be a replacement for Glenn Beck.

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:17 am 

Kigo7 wrote:

Dave has always run his mouth, sober or fucked up. Remember his comments about the IRA while playing in Northern Ireland back in the late '80s? I think Dave has 2 major problems: He has a massive inferiority complex and he speaks without thinking. A lot of his shit comes out when he's just rambling on stage, but even in interviews, when I hear him speak or read what he says, nothing seems particularly well thought out. I don't necessarily think that Dave is dumb, and he's a talented guy, but it's like he's not a particularly deep-thinker.

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:05 pm 

I say, let him talk. He'll eventually destroy his own reputation.

_MFMGW_
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:35 am 

Was flicking through some news, caught some snippets of Chuck Billy and Nikki Sixx expressing total disgust with him. Sixx pretty much said 'get the fuck out of America if you think it's so much like Nazi Germany'.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:26 pm 

elf48687789 wrote:
And the other ridiculous thing was that he was thinking people in Singapore would really care about US politics.

Either that or it was the most awkward way to ever praise Singapore...

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:02 pm 

In wrote:

What do you mean, "he'll eventually"? I don't understand your use of future tense here. ;)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Death Magic Doom
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:57 am 

Try listening to SFSGSW, and PSBWB they just don't sound the same anymore.

Fucking Dave, man...

SJDJ
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:45 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
In wrote:

What do you mean, "he'll eventually"? I don't understand your use of future tense here. ;)

Ya I already looked into the future and Dave is just the real life male version of the Simpson's crazy cat lady. He pops up every now and then, yells incomprehensible stuff and throws his new badly named albums at you.

Back when my masturbating to 13 year old girls wasn't considered perverse.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:44 pm 

:lol:
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:13 pm 

Doesn't Dave Mustaine already babble incoherently and throw his badly named albums at you?

To be perfectly honest how PSBWB, SFSGSW and RIP sound has nothing to do with the surprising shift in Dave Mustaine from being one of many thorns in the conservative establishment to being its cheerleader. While yes, it's ironic it doesn't necessarily mean that Dave Mustaine has ALWAYS had those views or adopted different views or whatever

elf48687789
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:07 pm 

I am listening to the Clint Eastwood speech at the Republican Convention, and I guarantee you Dave Mustaine is not the only looney in the entertainment industry, not even in metal, hehe. :-D

But man, Eastwood seems senile. At least Dave can still play metal.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:22 pm 

Yeah the whole time I was thinking he really should have treated his speech more like a film and rehearsed/memorized his lines a bit more before showing up on set. :lol:

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:43 pm 

He spent most of that speech talking to a chair. I can imagine Dave Mustaine heading into that territory myself

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:12 pm 

well in Eastwood's defense, he IS an actor. Not really a politician, although he did serve as mayor of some chi-chi rich-people little California town for a while. But I think he was just trying to do his acting thing, trying to be a comedian, entertain the crowd and so on. It didn't go over very well though, obviously. I dont agree with everything Eastwood believes, but I still dont think he is as extreme or kooky as Dave.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:33 pm 

Clint Eastwood's either senile or on the verge of it. Dave Mustaine is willfully delusional and just plain fucking stupid.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:52 pm 

Eastwood was fantastic. Not in a good way for Republicans, but I don't care about political parties. Just sitting back and watching him blow up the whole planned out format of a political convention was great, great TV.

I heard later that good ol' Clint was given 3 minutes. Hah. Oops :)

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:46 pm 

It was a glorious trainwreck for the Republicans, wasn't it?

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:55 pm 

You all actually paid attention to the nonsense that was the RNC, when outside was practically barricaded, fortified, and an anti-free speech zone as it is every four years. I wonder how many grassroots journalists had their 1st amendment rights violated by "police" this year.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:21 pm 

I didn't pay attention to it regularly actually. The only two times I watched anything from it were Clint Eastwood being old and crazy and when all the delegates from Maine left the convention on TV.

elf48687789
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:12 pm 

Kigo7 wrote:
He spent most of that speech talking to a chair. I can imagine Dave Mustaine heading into that territory myself
I can't imagine him making an album with Lou Reed though.

Kigo7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:20 am 

Thank god for small blessings then, I guess. Funny thing though, Dave Mustaine is (or was) quite a fan of Clint Eastwood and the fact that he plays characters with their own moral codes in every movie

HackTheRipper666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:34 pm 

He's never going to shut up. NEVER

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:40 pm 

You're posting in a 2 months old thread to say that? Ok.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2