Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:35 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
I wanted to take the poster of The Breakfast Club and replace all the actors faces with Walter Jr's but I'm too lazy.

Yuyuyuyou nnnnnknow wuhwhat muhmyy dad got me for my birthday?! Crystal fu-fufufucking meth; smoke up Walt!

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:37 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
I wanted to take the poster of The Breakfast Club and replace all the actors faces with Walter Jr's but I'm too lazy.

"Yuyuyuyou nuhknow wuhwuhwhat mehmey Dad got me for mehmey buhbirthday?! CRYSTAL METH! He he kekept sZhsdhsshaying smsmoke up Walt!"

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:41 pm 

You just took my highdea to a whole other level.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

SleightOfVickonomy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:09 pm 

Give Walt Jr. a break, guys!
I actually always felt sorry for him...I lived next to a guy like that in Alabama a long time ago.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:22 pm 

I know! What the hell, people. Give Walt Jr. a break, he's a fucking kid. What do you want from him? Goddamn. This Skyler/Walt Jr. hate is way overblown.

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:29 am 

DeathRiderDoom wrote:
People love her? I've never even met anyone who so much as feels lukewarm about her. EVERYone hates her immensely, and i think they're right. She sucks. And so far as adding conflict with Walt? It just gets tedious. The show is a hyper/melodrama - Jessie & Walt have barely been able to have a conversation that isn't an argument on the verge of turning into a fist fight fight for 4 fucking seasons, he's battling with conflict with a million other aspects of his life and business, why THE FUCK would we need anymore conflict coming from is snippy, clownfaced, hypocritical wife? Or idiot son? It's exhausting. Seriously you're the first person that's said anything positive about her in the several years i've been watching the show.

Yeah a few do. And I can see where they're coming from. Walt doesn't come home to guaranteed safety. His wife was purely spiteful in saying "I fucked Ted" but not really a threat, or a source of concern with her suspicions in the earlier episodes, or an ally when Walt first told her, to the pure antagonist to Walt she is now.

It would be too easy to stick to formula if Walt comes home and everything is nice and happy in his house. It has to have some steady conflict.

REQUIEM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:17 am 

fifth episode was good.

didn't like the last scene, tohugh. thought it was too random and a cheap shock.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:36 pm 

DOPE EPISODE.

Yahko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:43 pm 

We clearly see that Walt is a full on psychopath train by now because he can care less about his family (using militaristic attitude), manipulating Hank, pushing his "associates" to do what he want them to do no matter the cost and has little emotions regarding additional deaths that come with the "empire" he plans to built. He becomes quite a power hungry and he does gets a rush from it. He can care less about the money - for him its the ability to have all this power in his hands.

Jessy - has the rush from solving the problems, as much as he likes he money he probably the smallest spender as of today still driving his beat up red Toyota. We clearly see that Mike and Walt have too much tunnel vision when it comes to solving problems and Jessy is the one with the reasonable solutions. He convinces Mike not to kill Lydia as much as he is sure that she put the trackers on the barrels. He surely isnt liking the end of episode 5 which probably would lead to some power struggle between him and and the Pest guys.

Mike is probably the one who has the most to lose because he he doesnt keep his guys quite in jail they would rat him out in no time. As much as he wants to quit he probably cant. Jessy and Walt, technically can.

I like the development of things and my guess is that Mike has way too much heat on him and considering that now Walt and Jessy have 1000 pounds of meth instead of 50, they can keep the cooking for quite a while and Mike can keep on the low for now.

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:36 pm 

REQUIEM wrote:
fifth episode was good.

didn't like the last scene, tohugh. thought it was too random and a cheap shock.

How could you possibly say that? The last scene was a jizz-worthy, cathartic release after what was probably the most stressful episode in a long time.
Spoiler: show
Walter made it very clear to Todd that NO ONE was allowed to know about the job. He made him repeat that twice. So Todd reacted exactly in accordance with what he was told. Also, the movie that Hank rented (Heat) is about a heist in which one of the members impulsively kills a guard as well. A very clever choice by Vince, with some interesting implications for how things will turn out for the main characters.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:56 pm 

That last scene was intense as fuck. Holy shit, I was on the edge of my seat!

Obligatory Last FM Link

juusokult
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 am 

An alternative ending for the latest episode. Fucking great video!

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:42 pm 

Poor Jesse. He's the only guy in the crew who hasn't sold his soul yet and he's also carrying the guilt of so many things that aren't his fault. I hope he makes it when the show ends.

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:41 pm 

Here's some speculation about how this final season will end.

I wonder if they'll set it up so Walt dies. But we will never know who kills him.

Skyler sees Walt as a threat to the kids. She'll kill Walt to save her kids. Walt will push her over the edge and she can't take this partnership.

Hank's been betrayed and shit on by Walt. A laughing stock cause his own brother in law is Heisenberg. It was Walt's fault he got shot.

Jesse will find out what happens to Jane. He'll know he was played to side with Walt over Gus. This latest episode was a shock to Jesse too.

Mike's former boss was killed by Walt. Mike sees Walt as a timebomb. Mike would get rid of Walt whenever Walt shows he's a threat to Mike and the people on the list.

Perhaps other people will have motive to kill Walt. Walt Jr even? It'll be interesting to see how Walt Jr, once idolizing Walt, would react to Walt's alternate life.

And people will talk about the show forever speculating on who killed him and then rewatching old episodes to back up theories.

Yahko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:03 pm 

Kahalachan wrote:

I wonder if they'll set it up so Walt dies. But we will never know who kills him.

Skyler sees Walt as a threat to the kids. She'll kill Walt to save her kids. Walt will push her over the edge and she can't take this partnership.

Hank's been betrayed and shit on by Walt. A laughing stock cause his own brother in law is Heisenberg. It was Walt's fault he got shot.

Jesse will find out what happens to Jane. He'll know he was played to side with Walt over Gus. This latest episode was a shock to Jesse too.

Mike's former boss was killed by Walt. Mike sees Walt as a timebomb. Mike would get rid of Walt whenever Walt shows he's a threat to Mike and the people on the list.

Perhaps other people will have motive to kill Walt. Walt Jr even? It'll be interesting to see how Walt Jr, once idolizing Walt, would react to Walt's alternate life.

And people will talk about the show forever speculating on who killed him and then rewatching old episodes to back up theories.

Your line of thought is exactly what the makers of the show want you to think.

My prediction is completely the opposite. Walt isnt going anywhere (maybe at the end of season 5B, which is next year)

From the first scene of S05AE01 we see that Walt is turning 52, we would have events showing whats going on exactly a year from episode S05AE04 (his 51st birthday). So technically we can expect events unfolding in episode S05AE07 or 08 which would be an opening to the scene in episode S05AE01. We dont know who is alive or who is dead at that point but we know that Walt has some East coast fake ID's, a new beard look, and a year passed by from the time line we are in right now.

Now here is my assumption on what is going to happen. Walt doesnt like Mike for the reason that (he wanted him dead in Season 3) and almost after having 470K each, after the first cooked batch,they have left with 130K each - thats 30% payout. Walt doesnt like that ratio at all, so i'm thinking that after they get the thing running, getting all the necessary people through Goodman (train thing, that leveraged them 900 pounds of meth instead of like 50 = which would come up to almost 18 cook batches = 18 x $1.4 Mil = 25 Mil $$$),

Walt is going to make it look like Mike is Heisenberg (he has the goatee, he has 3 DEA teams on him in the next episode) so Mike has to lay low which is a perfect opportunity for Walt to whack him and make it look like he was the Heisenberg, which Hank suspected all along. All Walt has to do is throw some shades and a hat on Mikes body and - vuala Hank got Heisenberg he needed. It would take some time for the DEA to realize that the blue meth is still on the streets and running, bla bla bla that can take up to half a year because catching Heisenberg doesn't mean the operation stopped right away.

Walt would be able to manipulate Jessy, once again, into believing that Mike is an evil guy who hires meat heads who kill children. After seeing Todd killing the kid, Jessy wont think twice that Mike is bad influence on the business. Walt knows Lydia. Walt knows that people inside dont know him or Jessy, so even if they are starting to talk, they literally are not able to rat them out so they are safe. No need to make a "silence" 500K cut on each batch to keep them quite.

As far as Skyler or Jr. - its just an addition to the action of the series, I dont think anything special is going to happen in S05A with them (but i didnt give it too much prediction thought).

Overall - my prediction is that Mike is gone by the end of S05A season.

CockerDaniel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:12 pm 

Those green beans were choice, yo.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:39 am 

Yahko wrote:
a new beard look,

Not to mention a full head of hair...

SleightOfVickonomy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:54 am 

Kahalachan wrote:

Skyler killing Walt somehow just doesn't appeal to my sense of logic. I think fundamentally she knows he is doing all he is doing for the good of those kids. She has never shown any doubts about him when it came to how he felt about his children. So how could he possibly endanger them? The only possible reason she'd kill him is if upon realizing how big a hypocrite she's been, she feels a need to throw the blame upon the one person whose web of deceit brought out her worst qualities.

Hank's amazement will outweigh any possible feelings of betrayal.

Until Jesse pulls that trigger without swimming in a lake of tears, I still maintain, he doesn't have it within him!

Mike is the most pragmatic of all the bunch. If he is to kill to Walt, it will be because he feels there's a legitimate threat to his standing, not on an emotional whim.

Walter Jnr. will stand by his old man even when the whole world paints him black. I think the seeds for that have been sown in past seasons. He has glimpsed the darkness in his father on occasion and even his vulnerability and instead of recoiling, he exhibited real concern.

Yahko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:29 pm 

So Hank is going full on bazookas on Mike, which is exactly what might Walt is planing to do is once again take out the competition by directing Hank to the Arizona meth guys. That to me seems like the perfect solution to Walt's construction of his new "empire". Taking out the competition and increasing the demand for his supply over other states - which increases the price per pound of the blue stuff.

Is anyone going to get clipped in the next two episodes? We have our guesses but I think a surprise would be expected.

My assumption about Walts offer to the Arizona guys, is just stall them for the time being, somehow get the money, and then send Hank on them because he can give them a sample of the blue stuff which would be a great deal to Hank. Again its all assumptions and probably non of my guesses would be right in the end. So I'm waiting for next week's episode.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:02 pm 

Weird that Colonel Young would end up in the meth business.

Kahalachan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:40 pm 

SleightOfVickonomy wrote:

Skyler killing Walt somehow just doesn't appeal to my sense of logic. I think fundamentally she knows he is doing all he is doing for the good of those kids. She has never shown any doubts about him when it came to how he felt about his children. So how could he possibly endanger them? The only possible reason she'd kill him is if upon realizing how big a hypocrite she's been, she feels a need to throw the blame upon the one person whose web of deceit brought out her worst qualities.

Hank's amazement will outweigh any possible feelings of betrayal.

Until Jesse pulls that trigger without swimming in a lake of tears, I still maintain, he doesn't have it within him!

Mike is the most pragmatic of all the bunch. If he is to kill to Walt, it will be because he feels there's a legitimate threat to his standing, not on an emotional whim.

Walter Jnr. will stand by his old man even when the whole world paints him black. I think the seeds for that have been sown in past seasons. He has glimpsed the darkness in his father on occasion and even his vulnerability and instead of recoiling, he exhibited real concern.

Good points. So Mike would have to be killed off somehow for the cliffhanger to the series to work.

Although now it doesn't seem like my initial guess. Which is awesome. Cause I usually guess wrong with this show.

Until we see Walt's idea that he proposed at the end of this latest episode, I can't make any further guesses as to how the season will end.

Yahko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:43 pm 

My guess is that he tells the Arizona guys to pay out Mike and Jessy their shares of 5 mil each - Arizona guys take their product off the market and Walt simply cooks his stuff and they work as distributors and everyone get their cut. Because technically if each batch is 1.4 Mil, considering Walt is all alone now and his last share was 150K, he technically can give Arizona guys 700K from each batch and keep the rest.

Now we all know that Arizona guys wont just say yeah ok, you cook blue and we distribute. They sooner or later would want to know the secret of blue. This is when Walt would guide Hank to bust them at the end of this season 5A so Walt can expand his territory into other states by the beginning of season 5B. Tha'ts my guess for the next two episodes.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:39 am 

Oh my goddd, the intro tonight was the best ever. Walt is in full boss mode at this point and damn, the ending was nutsss. Kinda wanted it to be a little different but I think it can be broken down and interpreted in a variety of ways. Gonna be really sad when this half of the season is over next sunday but I can't wait to see what happens next. This show has yet to let me down.

CockerDaniel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:12 am 

I kind of saw what happened coming, but even so it was so sudden... I was just in fucking shock, jaw hanging open.

Yahko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:06 am 

My guess for finale of season 5A would be - the guy inside doesnt know whats going on with Mike, yet. He knows Lydia, I can only assume. He would try to rat her out and this is where Walt would probably have to do something about her.

As far as Arizona guys - they know that Jessy is a good cook too (Walt was stupid enough to mention that to them) now I think they would try to go after Walt, because they know Jessy can cook too and he would do it for WAY less cash.

How Walt would play his cards as far as Lydia and the 9 guys in. She is smart enough to know that Walt can get ridd of her as soon as he knows the names - on other hand they dont know him so he might try and get ridd of her.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:14 pm 

The end of the episode pissed me off. I just hope Walt dies at this point.

CockerDaniel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:59 pm 

The lawyer seriously could've been a bit more cautious. I'm ashamed to share a name with him :ugh:

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 am 

the way Mike got rubbed out in last night's episode kinda pissed me off, dude was probly the best actor and character in the series and just watching him fall over in that last scene was just kinda corny... He did have some pretty good ending dialogue, but I think they coulda made his death scene a bit, I dunno, better. I did really like the idea that Walt realized and openly admitted he made a huge fuck up by shooting mike... maybe it means Walt'll show a bit more humility in the rest of the season like he did in seasons 2 and 3-ish

CockerDaniel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:03 am 

If anything I think Walt is going to be even more unstable. Mike was the only one with the balls to stand up to him and not be intimidated by him, even to the very end. Now Walt's ego isn't being checked by anyone.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:38 am 

Me and one of the roomies spent the last few weeks marathoning Breaking Bad to get caught up to where the show is currently. I've got to say I really hope this isn't the last season because its just starting to become really interesting to me. The show moves at a snails pace and I was expecting Walt to have turned rather "bad" by season 3 at the latest. He's finally starting to be the bad guy I've always wanted, so I hope they've still got plenty left in store.

It seems that a lot of people are on board with my absolute disgust for Skylar. I realize they need some "normal" characters to help give balance and drama to the story, but she is so one-dimensional that it fucking hurts me. Honestly I feel the same way about MOST of the characters who aren't named Walt and Pinkman. Completely disposable one-note characters who HAVE to be there but are almost never doing anything interesting.

I did fucking love Mike though, he had a bit of depth and was such a bad ass. "Does she drive?" BLAOW "Have her drive you to the emergency room..." Really disappointed that Walt shot him and I can't say that I understand his motivation as of yet. Maybe it was just a loose cannon situation because he felt disrespected? Or maybe he was jealous of the bond that Pinkman and Mike formed? Either way I thought that was a fucking lame way for Mike to get offed.

edit: And I've got to get this off my chest: Maybe it's not a fair comparison because this show is cable-tv ready and the others weren't, but Breaking Bad does not hold the FLICKER of a candle to shit like The Wire, (early) Oz, (early) the Sopranos etc. I think a lot of the praise heaped on this show is just in contrast to how mind-numbingly terrible most t.v. shows are right now.

Last edited by Jonpo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:51 pm 

Didn't he say to Jesse in the episode no one else would have to die?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:10 pm 

Didn't he say he just wanted to provide for his family?

Obfuscation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:17 pm 

Was sad to see Mike go, easily my favorite character on Breaking Bad. Jonathan Banks seems like such a cool dude too. I dunno if anyone here watches the behind the scenes stuff on AMC'S website after each episode but the crew all wore black armbands for him as a tribute. He was interviewed saying 46 years professionally and this was as good as it's ever been.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:55 pm 

I'm not gonna bother with spoiler tags considering so many before me haven't. I wasn't sad to see Mike go because I never liked his character, it was nice to see him express a little variation of emotion towards the end though. His death was rather weak for the sheer build up he received, so I don't blame any negativity with the last episode's ending. Something close to Hank's shoot out would have been far more suiting and satisfying. I found it odd that a guy who covers his tracks so often could have let a window open like he did. Surely he would have known something was up when the guy asked for his address. Obviously the Arizona guys are Walt's new target, which is a shame because Mike brought a new dynamic to this season as opposed to the typical 'main bad guy/s' type deal. I see this season going the way of season 4.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:22 pm 

Hey CockerDaniel and others, use spoiler tags, please. Not everyone lurking this thread has seen last week's episode and spoilers suck, so please get in the habit of doing so.

The end of the last episode really shows that Walt has transformed from protagonist to antagonist. He's out of control.

No more Mike :(

Hilarious parody of last week's ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u0PpE8MCmU

Obligatory Last FM Link

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:39 pm 

That parody is fucking gold. :lol: :lol:

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:42 pm 

WOW, that is so incredibly subtle and well done. Even as a huge CYE fan the title didn't register with me until that music came in with perfect timing. Really funny. Edit: There are two others by a different uploader that kind of aren't as good at all.

I apologize for not using tags, I thought the thread was for people who were up-to-date and semi-ravenous over this show.

Last edited by Jonpo on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Obfuscation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:07 am 

Oh god, I guess that's going to be a regular thing now. Someone did that with 'Dead Freight' too a couple of days after it was released. So much worse.

NecroSonata
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:33 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Weird that Colonel Young would end up in the meth business.

:lol:

Yahko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:17 pm 

Ok so here is my "NEW" prediction for the Season 5A finale.

PS: Walt is a full on antagonist after killing Gus, he might be a badass and that's why we love him and he is a manipulative psychopath for quite some time.

Remember that Todd said his uncle is in jail - in case they would need him........ (after Todd shot the kid). My prediction that Walt is going to Todd and give him some of the cash he would take from Mike's bag and send a message to one of the guys on the inside by killing one (probably it would be , the Latino looking guy Dennis) What it does? Is that if the other 7 guys want to start talking they would end up facing the same destiny as Dennis.

Now Walt knows that the first person they would suspect is Lydia/Mike and they would try somehow to eliminate her. In Walt's eyes he tells Lydia to run for cover because they are after her - she knows that she better finish them off since Mike isn't around (I don't know if she would know that he run away or dead) Technically from the snippet Lydia plays the same card of I wont tell you the names bla bla bla to stay alive. The longer she waits and sooner or later Walt would let her know that once he gathers the names he probably can dispose of her. All Walt has to do is talk to Saul or spy on Hank again (maybe put the chip back in, again) and somehow Walt would get all the names sooner or later (maybe it would get covered in season 5B). Getting rid of guys on the inside with a help of Todd's uncle would be an easy ride (at a cost, but Walt is making some serious , so who cares).

As far as Arizona guys.... I dont think actually they would be featured in episode 8. Maybe it would be the theme of season 5B and maybe Jessy would get killed because they would go after him (since he is the other cook) and Walt would finally understand what does it mean to lose some one close because of his own reckless actions. I think in season 5B Walt would understand that he became Gus and that his life sucks because he can find no peace anymore and the empire chase is fake. Walt might try and leave some money for Mikes granddaughter as well, I think it would be a good series finale to show that Walt regrets for all the "sins" he did.

2 days left so lets see how things unfold.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next