* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Black Coffee
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:43 am 

Misfit74 wrote:
Black Coffee wrote:
I'm looking for more brutal "slam" death metal similar to defeated sanity. I'm not well versed in the genre and it would be great to actually know more bands.

Check out my brutal death/slam list of favorites

This list is awesome! All these new albums none the less. Thank you.

bandicoot666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:27 am 

Been getting a lot of reviews similar to the Swedish sound. Used the infamous HM-2 on recording

www.skinfather.bandcamp.com

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:14 pm 

Quote:
I'm looking for more brutal "slam" death metal similar to defeated sanity. I'm not well versed in the genre and it would be great to actually know more bands.
---------------------
Check out my brutal death/slam list of favorites
This list is awesome! All these new albums none the less. Thank you.

Thanks and glad to hear it. :)

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:16 am 

I'm looking for bands that mix the Neurosis post-metal style with death metal. A bit of chaotic guitar in the mix never hurts, although it is not necessary. So far I only know Ulcerate, Murder Therapy and Flourishing.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:43 am 

anyone have some recs for stuff like The Chasm - Farseeing The Paranormal Abysm ??? emphasis on technicality and melody but with a dark and almost spacey kind of atmosphere... with a bit of an old school production preferably ....

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:21 pm 

Machine_Dead wrote:
anyone have some recs for stuff like The Chasm - Farseeing The Paranormal Abysm ??? emphasis on technicality and melody but with a dark and almost spacey kind of atmosphere... with a bit of an old school production preferably ....

There's always Infinitum Obscure, if you haven't heard of them. Less of that spacey atmosphere, but old school production and unpolished style is very much emphasised. Stylistically it's strikingly similar to The Chasm.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:33 pm 

Haven't heard of them, thanks... will check them out...

luxul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:00 am 

Looking for come crushing atmospheric death metal. Something in the vein of Misery Index (not atmospheric dm, but I would like something close to this) and Immolation (like Close to a World Below) with the intensity and clear production. Something with heavy dissonance like Ulcerate, but nothing like Portal or Impetuous Ritual (even though those bands are great). Also some quality headbang-worthy riffs and drumming are key. Vocals can be whichever, but I would like a variation of both screams/ shrieks and deep guttural growls, but either one is fine. Thanks in advance.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:32 am 

Luxul,

the guitarist from Misery Index, has a side project called Cast The Stone and the bands music style fits your description i think, I could only find live footage on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkDMGoO4G-0&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZyRN2MeGEk&feature=plcp

But if you want better quality i refer you to their myspace http://www.myspace.com/castthestoneband or the facebook page which is a bit more updated http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cast-the- ... 1847338856

definitely a band worth checking out

Mechanix11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:12 pm 

are there any good brutal death metal bands that worth checking out?

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:43 pm 

Mechanix11 wrote:

Check out Mithras, I'm not a fan of brutal death metal at all, but I love this band. http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mithras/6600

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDWdTcgMCSg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZoKr7jAB2E

Mechanix11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:46 pm 

thanks! are there any other good bands that worth checking out (old school or new)?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:55 pm 

Mechanix11 wrote:

Sepsism, Insision and Vile are all decent standard BDM without any excess or overuse of the usual tricks. Sepsism is the best of the three personally.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:15 am 

does anybody know of any bands with venemous as hell vocals like old school Glen Benton. Remember Sacrificial Suicide? Similar to that. . . demon possessed and insane

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:30 am 

Mechanix11 wrote:
thanks! are there any other good bands that worth checking out (old school or new)?

I could name a million of these for you that I'm fond of, but will lay out a few and also point you to the BDM thread and my personal list of favorites and hopefully you'll uncover some that fit.

Deadly Remains - Severing Humanity (2012) Best BDM release of 2012 so far, IMO. Excellent production.
Pathology - Awaken To The Suffering (2011) One of the best bands in the BDM/Slam genre, in my view. Great production.
Abysmal Torment - Omnicide (2009) Absolutely crushing guitars, unique and creative, production is lacking a bit, though.
Visceral Throne - Omnipotent Asperity (2012) Brutal and technical in a good way. Unique and talented.
Severe Torture - Sworn Vengeance (2007) Perhaps closer to death metal than BDM but my favorite album of theirs.

2nd Insision, too. ;)

My list BDM and Slam list w/ descriptions
BDM thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85549

beeneNOLAdoobie
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:43 am 

im having a hard time pinning down what I want to find. so im going to list 3 albums ive been listening to lately and cant get enough of... i guess what im asking if these albums remind you of any band in particular or certain album id love to check it out

bloodbath - fathomless mastery and nightmares made flesh
cannabis corpse - beneath the grow lights, thou shall rise

jesus sorry for not being more specific... but i can not stop listening to these and wanna discover more death metal with similiar style.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm 

Mechanix11 wrote:

Most definitely Kronos. Check out the album where that song comes from, Colossal Titan Strife. It's absolutely vicious, yet it retains a sense of melody unlike what I heard in any BDM band, plus the vocals belong to the Lord Worm School of Unintelligible but Absurdly Brutal Growls and Screams. Strongly recommended.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:29 pm 

I got a proposal to make a melodic death metal help thread, any supporters of the idea? Or I could rename this one "death metal/melodic death help thread" or something.

Edited, damn you 8% beer!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:33 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
I got a proposal to make a death metal help thread, any supporters of the idea? Or I could rename this one "death metal/melodic death help thread" or something.

Taking into account this one is called "Death Metal Help Thread"... how drunk are you right now? :D

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:53 pm 

I'm kinda drunk now, yeah! .Still, I have a good judgement anyway! I made a typo in my post, it's fixed now :( . I don't personnally care, we have this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91000&hilit=melodic+death+metal

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:03 am 

I support this idea, always weird when someone asks for recs like At The Gates/old In Flames/etc ... in the same thread where there talking about more extreme bands like BloodBath/Cannibal Corpse/.... Should indeed be split up in Brutal/Technical/Classic Death Metal or something... and Melodic Death Metal (/Neo DeathThrash) or something.... 'Death Metal' is just too broad to keep everything in 1 thread.

edit: even better, that thread from which you just gave the url, just make that one a sticky and change the title to melodic death metal help thread :)

i would actually also recommend to do possibly do the same for the metalcore/deathcore thread, its as if bands like Shadows Fall/Killswitch Engage are regarded exactly the same like bands like All Shall Perish/Despised Icon/Animosity which gives kind of a wrong impression to people imo.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:52 am 

Death/Melodic/Slam/Brutal/Everything thread already, isn't it?

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:15 am 

Yeah, I support the idea of making a death metal help thread!

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:29 am 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
does anybody know of any bands with venemous as hell vocals like old school Glen Benton. Remember Sacrificial Suicide? Similar to that. . . demon possessed and insane

If you're still looking for something along these lines, check out Obscure Infinity. it's not a prominent feature, but when they do pull it out it's damn impressive and adds another feral element to their already awesome death metal. I would urge you to give Sanguis Imperem a go as well. They are a touch more brutal and ferocious, but they also have those background screams, and put them to good use.

My collection

Swindly
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:50 am 

I'm looking for some Technical Death Metal bands similar to these bands:

Cynic, The Faceless, Anata, Obscura ect. I'm not looking for harsh sounding tech death like Aborted or Necrophagist.

Tiam Kara
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:51 am 

Hi, I'm looking for something like Gojira.

Not Mechuggah, not Opeth, not any of that.

I'm looking for something very much in the vein of The Way of All Flesh's sound. Very groovy and airy. The kind of music that fits their wacky "New Age" lyrics.

What band makes you think about.. I dunno. If it were a movie it'd be.. Inception or Donnie Darko. Ya feel me?

Introspective is a good word to have in mind if you think you can help me out.

They're coming closer just to kill us
Don't cry, don't cry on me now
No, they ain't ever gonna help us
Close to his grave we'll build our home.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:37 am 

the american god wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for something like Gojira.

Not Mechuggah, not Opeth, not any of that.

I'm looking for something very much in the vein of The Way of All Flesh's sound. Very groovy and airy. The kind of music that fits their wacky "New Age" lyrics.

What band makes you think about.. I dunno. If it were a movie it'd be.. Inception or Donnie Darko. Ya feel me?

Introspective is a good word to have in mind if you think you can help me out.

No other bands really sound like Gojira... have you checked out the similar artist tab on their ma page? Maybe Hacride or Textures? Hacride is pretty bad, but Textures is decent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM1n62ik ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=codHlfC1JxQ

EDIT, I know, these are not exactly death metal recommendations, but I don't consider Gojira to be death metal.

Found another rec for ya, check out Eye of I. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpU4BSxKa3o

Swindly wrote:

Cynic, The Faceless, Anata, Obscura ect. I'm not looking for harsh sounding tech death like Aborted or Necrophagist.

Beyond Creation maybe? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OLJ8Dj8 ... ure=relmfu

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:54 am 

Metantoine wrote:
I'm kinda drunk now, yeah! .Still, I have a good judgement anyway! I made a typo in my post, it's fixed now :( . I don't personnally care, we have this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=91000&hilit=melodic+death+metal

Now it makes a bit more sense indeed! :P

In my opinion everything death metal has constantly been discussed here without any fuss at all, people have asked for melodic, brutal, slam, tech, prog and so on. I don't think there needs to be a separate thread for a specific sub-genre.

Tiam Kara
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:04 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:

I'll give these a try, thank you!

They're coming closer just to kill us
Don't cry, don't cry on me now
No, they ain't ever gonna help us
Close to his grave we'll build our home.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:44 pm 

Swindly wrote:

For Anata:
Allegaeon
Spawn of Possession

For The Faceless:
Abiotic
Fallujah

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:45 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
MalignantTyrant wrote:

If you're still looking for something along these lines, check out Obscure Infinity. it's not a prominent feature, but when they do pull it out it's damn impressive and adds another feral element to their already awesome death metal. I would urge you to give Sanguis Imperem a go as well. They are a touch more brutal and ferocious, but they also have those background screams, and put them to good use.

not bad. . though the former reminds me more of more recent Glen Benton vocals indeed.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

dragmire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:16 pm 

I'm looking for some death metal, preferably tech death, with noteworthy bass guitar work. I love the sound of fretless basses but it can be fretted too. I find that in a lot of death metal you can hardly hear what the bass is doing. The album "The Aura" by Beyond Creation is a perfect example of what I'm looking for. It has some of the best bass work I've heard in metal and it's mixed perfectly so as to hear every note articulately.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:52 pm 

Spawn of Possession, Cannibal Corpse, Obscura, later Suffocation,

BastardHead wrote:

Swindly
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:13 am 

henkkjelle wrote:

Thanks.

IntoNevermore wrote:
Swindly wrote:

For Anata:
Allegaeon
Spawn of Possession

For The Faceless:
Abiotic
Fallujah

Thanks for recommending Abiotic and Allegaeon. :headbang:

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:23 pm 

No prob man, If your liked Allegaeon you should check out Vale of Pnath, really amazing melodic/technical death metal with some of the greatest guitar work I've heard in a while.

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

Beer Baron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:32 pm 

dragmire wrote:
I'm looking for some death metal, preferably tech death, with noteworthy bass guitar work. I love the sound of fretless basses but it can be fretted too. I find that in a lot of death metal you can hardly hear what the bass is doing. The album "The Aura" by Beyond Creation is a perfect example of what I'm looking for. It has some of the best bass work I've heard in metal and it's mixed perfectly so as to hear every note articulately.

Is Pavor's Furioso too obvious?
The bass work is nothing short of excellent, some awesome bass solos.

Last edited by Beer Baron on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katorevenge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:01 pm 

dragmire wrote:

Anything that Obscura (Ger) have put out should do ya nicely. Retribution is my favourite, but each to their own.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:58 am 

Have a feeling he already knows Obscura, but check out Augury also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DPW9ED1WBs

Mechanix11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:31 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
Mechanix11 wrote:

I could name a million of these for you that I'm fond of, but will lay out a few and also point you to the BDM thread and my personal list of favorites and hopefully you'll uncover some that fit.

Deadly Remains - Severing Humanity (2012) Best BDM release of 2012 so far, IMO. Excellent production.
Pathology - Awaken To The Suffering (2011) One of the best bands in the BDM/Slam genre, in my view. Great production.
Abysmal Torment - Omnicide (2009) Absolutely crushing guitars, unique and creative, production is lacking a bit, though.
Visceral Throne - Omnipotent Asperity (2012) Brutal and technical in a good way. Unique and talented.
Severe Torture - Sworn Vengeance (2007) Perhaps closer to death metal than BDM but my favorite album of theirs.

2nd Insision, too. ;)

My list BDM and Slam list w/ descriptions
BDM thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85549

thanks for the recommendations, also i looked for this band Avgrunn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afVgOcFAqTI&feature=plcp) and also other one called Abominable Putridity, both are awesome bands and i liked that kind of sound of BDM

Foxx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:19 pm 

Hi, I'm rather in the mood for bands that more or less ape what Carcass did on Swansong. Any suggestions?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176 ... 289  Next