Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
syx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:53 am 

Just preparing for a couple of big shows with my band and finishing writing the new album. Everything seems to be going good. Changing stage gear, making new props etc.

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 pm 

I just finished mixing a rough and extremely early version of a new track I've been working on. This was the first time I've done mixing and equalization for a track, so it's not absolutely perfect, but at this moment I'm satisfied with what I've accomplished so far and can't wait to finish it.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:17 pm 

i'm back home for the weekend. so far I wrote and recorded 2 KP songs after driving 11 hours to get here.

BlashyrkhMR101
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:42 am 

Just finished a lobit album as an experiment to see if drone and black metal mix and sound comprehendable at 16kbps. Finalizing the album by my black metal project Dark Light which just needs vocals recorded along with some mastering. And finally, in the writing/arrangment stage of an acoustic project covering metal songs by Alcest, Agalloch etc with my girlfriend singing.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:55 am 

Well my long talked about one song 25 min long ep for Yzordderrex is finally up to be listened to.
I recorded it long ago... over a year ago around April of last year. I only had wrote and arranged vocals 2 months ago and finally got to finalize the mix and get the artwork/layout together this week. please, take a listen if you enjoyed any of my shorter material.

http://yzordderrex.bandcamp.com/album/scaphism

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:14 pm 

Recorded 30 drum tracks today. 20 of them are for a project called S&M Party I was asked to drum for. Something the guy keeps calling fastcore which at best i can judge is like Spazz... so we will see how well that all turns out.

Also did 10 drum tracks for a new project with a different approach. I just recorded drum tracks and then the other guy is going to write guitar, then I'm going to write 2nd guitar and then he will do bass. And I guess we both will do vocals. just to see what comes out from it since neither of us know what the other will really do. it'll be interesting.

The Prophet Muhammad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:45 pm 

I am anxiously waiting for Mordgrimm to release this fucking album so I can get on with my life. In the mean time, working on a few other projects intermittently.. A death doom band, a Taake/Gorgoroth inspired black metal band and I am experimenting with the incorporation of an octave mandolin in a separate BM band. Lots on the go.. Would like to be more specific but shit is all over the fucking place. I thrive in dissonance and confusion, it seems. I guess the most recent thing I was working on was the last thing I mentioned. Having fun with it, too.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Recorded 30 drum tracks today. 20 of them are for a project called S&M Party I was asked to drum for. Something the guy keeps calling fastcore which at best i can judge is like Spazz... so we will see how well that all turns out.

Also did 10 drum tracks for a new project with a different approach. I just recorded drum tracks and then the other guy is going to write guitar, then I'm going to write 2nd guitar and then he will do bass. And I guess we both will do vocals. just to see what comes out from it since neither of us know what the other will really do. it'll be interesting.

Dude, you are madly productive, I wish you were in my band !

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:17 am 

Thanks man! I would be honored if I was there I def would be!

Only had an hour this morning to record... got a 54R song written and recorded, a Shokushu Goukan song written and recorded, and 2 vocal tracks for Uzumaki

and opted to set up the camera to capture some of that action...
Spoiler: show

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:16 am 

My band has been doing a mix of playing random shows and working on old and new songs through the summer and had a fairly decent show last night. We're still struggling with building a local fan base and getting on some solid show slots but we're doing what we can at any rate. On the flip side, we are also going to be looking for a fill-in drummer since ours will be going up to school later this week. So yeah, feel free to PM me if you're in the Indianapolis area and want to play some blues metal this fall.

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:01 pm 

My doom band recorded an EP this weekend. It's heavy. For fans of Electric Wizard, Reverend Bizarre, Cathedral, Sleep, all that good stuff.

http://atragon.bandcamp.com/

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:40 pm 

Playing a show tonight. Not the hippest venue, we declined a few offers but they threw enough money at us this time that we couldn't really resist. Should be alright though, good location, free cover, cheap drinks and a bunch of people I know are coming out.

I'm not much of a rock star though- instead of partying my face off until show time I'm at home making green bean soup with fresh veggies from my mothers garden haha.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:57 pm 

Awblaster wrote:
My doom band recorded an EP this weekend. It's heavy. For fans of Electric Wizard, Reverend Bizarre, Cathedral, Sleep, all that good stuff.

http://atragon.bandcamp.com/

Got the EP, it sounds very cool man. Make physical copies!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Violent_Possessor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:27 pm 

Recording a 5 song demo on Thursday for my metallic hardcore/powerviolence/sludge band. Imagine Harms Way with sludge and that is what we are (or want to be). Then going to write some more stuff and hopefully put out a split hopefully within the next month or two.

Also going to be recording the new Bludwulf tracks for a split with Nuns Laughter soon.

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:02 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Got the EP, it sounds very cool man. Make physical copies!

Haha, thanks! We'll probably get round to making some CDs at some point.

Today I wrote a couple of fast riffs. Trying to piece together something thrashy for a lyrical concept based off the Song of Ice and Fire books.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:40 pm 

Violent_Possessor wrote:
Also going to be recording the new Bludwulf tracks for a split with Nuns Laughter soon.

NICE!
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:54 am 

Did quite a lot of writing recently, including a funeral doom section as well as an industrial BM section (a la Blut aus Nord). Both are my first attempts at such a style, and turned out rather well.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:32 am 

I recently rediscovered a keyboard piece I put together back in 2010 when I was 16. After making some edits to it, I'm including it on the new Sorrowseed album as an instrumental interlude. It'll be fitting since we'll have one interlude from each of the people in the band that can write stuff, and each in our own distinct style too; one at the start of the album by Josh in his mellow piano style, one by me in the middle in my generally bombastic, epic orchestra kind of sound, and one by Rob near the end of the album on bass.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Violent_Possessor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:55 am 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Violent_Possessor wrote:

NICE!

Thank you. its simply for promotional reasons for my new band kind of and I want to be on a split with Nunslaughter. I would say "how many bands can say that!" but its at least 41 bands. But I'm recording my new band Carpet Bomb tomorrow. Can't wait.

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:52 am 

lately iv been doing alot of practicing, and coming up with new riffs. Im starting to understand how to put riffs together, but I still need to practice more and get the song tabs written correctly. Not to mention I still need to learn how to use my interface correctly with audacity, as well as using vst's. I am thinking I will probably use vst's for my bass and some guitar tracks, and a mic to record my amp for the heavier guitar tracks. I have cubase le5 installed, but im really usnure how to use it, and tutorials havent helped at all for me, so im going to stick to audacity unless I can find a better open source alternative with vst plugin functionality.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:54 am 

Wrote a Slam influenced song as the last of 8 songs. I now have a full lenght written.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Evil_Obsidian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:34 pm 

Getting ready to release our first professional promo video and gearing up for a support slot on the Marduk / Immolation tour in Europe in September / October.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:14 pm 

Last couple of days been composing a few Kamikaze Pilots tracks to record when I get back in town. pretty much tabbing them out and writing down all the notes on how to play the riffs and what sort of beat I want to go with it. All in my head since I don't have anything else to work with.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:22 am 

I honestly miss playing live and now it's the longest I haven't played (1 year). For instance, I've found like 12 scores of ol' Forestfather songs, which 6 of them are fully written neofolk stuff. I'll read them and check it some of the material is worthy of recording.

In other news, I can't wait anymore to release both Forestfather and Minchelay albums, which I hope will be completed before this month ends. Today I'll record a new *voiceless Vahset song, then 2 more to go for the first release.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:00 pm 

Recorded vocals for a Halberd song and wrote some more riffs for Axis. Being productive is a strange thing.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:19 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:
I honestly miss playing live and now it's the longest I haven't played (1 year). For instance, I've found like 12 scores of ol' Forestfather songs, which 6 of them are fully written neofolk stuff. I'll read them and check it some of the material is worthy of recording.

In other news, I can't wait anymore to release both Forestfather and Minchelay albums, which I hope will be completed before this month ends. Today I'll record a new *voiceless Vahset song, then 2 more to go for the first release.

so far Vahşet sounds awesome. and that's great to hear FF is close to release. i was wondering that a couple of days ago since I haven't seen you around in chat.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:23 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Kveldulfr wrote:

so far Vahşet sounds awesome. and that's great to hear FF is close to release. i was wondering that a couple of days ago since I haven't seen you around in chat.

I've been kinda out of chat, yes, but I hope to fix that soon. What I really hope this time it's the end of the recordings of the album.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:33 pm 

Fly to the US and punch Micheal till he is done.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:48 am 

Two records of bands I am in are now available for pre-order on Bandcamp.

Firstly, Bleakshow from Pandora's Toybox (don't worry, the majority of the record is a lot heavier and more rock/metal based than the sample track). I drummed on six of the album's tracks, including the closer Prying Demise.

http://officialpandorastoybox.bandcamp. ... /bleakshow

Secondly, the debut self-titled album of Blacksoul Seraphim. Gothic-influenced melodic doom at its best. I didn't drum on this album (that was handled by Clay Neely of Black Pyramid), but I'm the live drummer for them.

http://blacksoulseraphim.bandcamp.com/a ... l-seraphim

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

CrustAsFuckExistence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:27 pm 

Worked a bit on a song for a new second solo project (think I mentioned it a while ago in this thread, Doom + Post-Punk + Neo-Folk). Added some keyboard and guitar layers to the second chunk of the song. Also been thinking of names for the project...probably gonna be something involving Ouroboros ("Wounded Ouroboros" has been bobbing about in my head more than anything else).

Atmospheric Black Metal (solo)

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:43 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Fly to the US and punch Micheal till he is done.

You're closer, do it for me ;)

I'm a huge Morbid Angel fan and I can't avoid to be influenced by them when it comes to death metal. I've just written half of a song that reeks of MA riffing, to the point that I'm not sure if I'll use it, being so similar to my ears. I'll record it and upload it to Soundcloud, so you can tell me what do you think about it.

I'll take 2 weeks off the work! the last time was 4 years ago, so I'll try to record all the shit I've written so far.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:48 pm 

Record that shit and I'll tell you how MA is really is. and hell give me his address I'll go drive there and beat on him.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:03 am 

Here it is!! let me know your impressions!

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_14227815
http://soundcloud.com/kveldulf-bjalfason/vah-et-iii

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:58 am 

It really does sound MA inspired but not to the point of you needing to scrap it or anything. I like it.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:35 am 

Listen up! And that means you too SLK (you wanted more Phidion, right?)

Well, here's a teaser on what's to come out in a few weeks. Stuff been sent for print and we will only release the full EP as a physical cd. Meaning, no fucking mp3's!

http://phidion.bandcamp.com/

syx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:39 am 

Just played 2 shows one as support to Cradle of Filth and also played on the S.O.P.H.I.E. stage at Bloodstock on Friday which was an absolute honour. Both shows were really good, got good crowd response.

We're just working on finishing the new album. Got a few more songs to do and then should be ready to record hopefully in October. Really excited with how things going at the moment for the band.

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:05 am 

More practising with Atragon. We've got a new song almost finished, and it's damn good.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:44 pm 

guys, I was wondering if someone could sort of give me some help making a band name for a black/death/thrash band. It's related to that project I said I was starting a while back. Haven't been able to think of anything good at all.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:54 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
guys, I was wondering if someone could sort of give me some help making a band name for a black/death/thrash band. It's related to that project I said I was starting a while back. Haven't been able to think of anything good at all.

Satanic Mutilation Assault.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:56 pm 

As Sinister Shadows and you could use the abreviation :)

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 185  Next