Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:41 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35533&p=2115733#p2115733

The day has come for me to tell you that you posted in the wrong thread! And no, no way we're gonna change it to "grunge/nu metal" cause they're neither.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:44 pm 

Shit, sorry. :oh shit: I guess I was looking at this thread, the Metallica thing popped up into my head, and I forgot that I was looking at the wrong thread in the first place.

Well, would it be too much to ask to just remove the "modern rock/metal" thing entirely?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:55 pm 

It's Metallica, so I guess we'll have to discuss it before, man, it could change the life of millions of people!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Hellrisen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:59 am 

Not to argue about genres or anything but Nasum sounds like groovy death metal to me, barely grindcore.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:04 am 

Violent_Possessor wrote:
Excruciating Terror shouldn't be on this site since they aren't metal. Yes they are grindcore but grindcore isn't a metal genre. Metal fans might think that but that's only because some people consider anything with blast beats to be grindcore (which is completely untrue.)

Hellrisen wrote:
Not to argue about genres or anything but Nasum sounds like groovy death metal to me, barely grindcore.

Nasum might be relatively approachable by grindcore standards, but Jesus Crust... :rolleyes: And I suppose since Cannibal Corpse are popular/approachable, they sound like guttural thrash metal rather than death metal? C'mon, get real.

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 pm 

Someone please delete this band accepted few days back.
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Dji ... 3540349621

They have no physical release. Here is the proof. The drummer of the band happens to be a close friend of mine & here is the conversation between him and me.
Spoiler: show

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:19 am 

I brought this up in the "band genres" thread.
OzzyApu wrote:
I've never heard this band, but being on the archives this long makes me wonder if this band needs a genre more suitable to stay here.
Sleaze/Glam Metal
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sister/3540334165

First of all, "sleaze" isn't anywhere in the archives as far as I know. Second, any band here that has "glam" tagged to them also has a metal genre somewhere in the tag list. I'm not going to hear the music to make a judgment for myself, but shouldn't it conform to the actual rules by having "heavy metal" or something along with the "sleaze/glam" tag? It's not like a band on this site would have "hard rock" as the genre tag and be left alone.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:25 am 

The_Black_Priest wrote:

They have no physical release. Here is the proof. The drummer of the band happens to be a close friend of mine & here is the conversation between him and me.

Deleted again. Could you ask the guy what's up with this picture? I assume it's fake/something else? It was used as proof for the submission.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:37 am 

Why are they talking in English, I wonder?

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:40 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
I brought this up in the "band genres" thread.
OzzyApu wrote:
I've never heard this band, but being on the archives this long makes me wonder if this band needs a genre more suitable to stay here.
Sleaze/Glam Metal
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sister/3540334165

First of all, "sleaze" isn't anywhere in the archives as far as I know. Second, any band here that has "glam" tagged to them also has a metal genre somewhere in the tag list. I'm not going to hear the music to make a judgment for myself, but shouldn't it conform to the actual rules by having "heavy metal" or something along with the "sleaze/glam" tag? It's not like a band on this site would have "hard rock" as the genre tag and be left alone.

This shouldn't have been accepted in the first place. It's hard rock. Deleted.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:42 am 

droneriot wrote:
Why are they talking in English, I wonder?

Maybe they don't speak the same language? India is a linguistic crucible and English is hardly unknown there. Could also be he switched to English for our sake.

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:02 am 

Azmodes wrote:
The_Black_Priest wrote:

Deleted again. Could you ask the guy what's up with this picture? I assume it's fake/something else? It was used as proof for the submission.

I think those were pictures of the covers without the CD. Well, let me confirm and let you know!

Hellrisen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:04 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
Violent_Possessor wrote:
Excruciating Terror shouldn't be on this site since they aren't metal. Yes they are grindcore but grindcore isn't a metal genre. Metal fans might think that but that's only because some people consider anything with blast beats to be grindcore (which is completely untrue.)

Hellrisen wrote:

Nasum might be relatively approachable by grindcore standards, but Jesus Crust... :rolleyes: And I suppose since Cannibal Corpse are popular/approachable, they sound like guttural thrash metal rather than death metal? C'mon, get real.

I'm not talking about the approachability/accessibility of Nasum, I'm saying that if you really listen to them they don't exactly fit into the standard conventions for grindcore. If you compare them to other bands such as Terrorizer, Repulsion, etc. it doesn't exactly sound alike. They are far closer to the groovier, death metal stylings more similar to Brujeria/Brutal Truth/Cattle Decapitation/etc.

Last edited by Alhadis on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
You really didn't need to include the big blocky image in the quote block...

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:09 pm 

I'm very surprised why The Flying Hat Band is on MA for 9 years: 1) not being metal; 2) not being side-project. Sorry that I made an update of the page but after listening to their stuff and a little thinking I've realised:

1) They have only 4 songs, that demo wasn't officially released (label SPM 1992 releases as demo and as split with almost unknown progressive rock band Antrobus is obviously not an official releases, maybe even bootlegs). And these 4 songs is 70's rock, not metal. Just listen:

1. Seventh Plain
2. Reaching for the Stars
3. Lost Time
4. Coming of the Lord

Well, "Coming of the Lord" maybe have some metal moments in the style of early Sabbath / very early Priest but even 1 half-metal song of 4 songs doesn't make this band metal.

2) This band is not a side-project of Glenn Tipton because he didn't start this project in parallel to Priest, he wasn't in the Priest back in 1971-1974 so it's his previous band.

So I think this band should be deleted from Metal Archives. What do you think? :)

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:55 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
The_Black_Priest wrote:

I got to the bottom of the story. I contacted the band's drummer again to know about the photo's.
He said that those photo's were of some burned CD's they gave to few people in a show for free which the band doesn't consider to be official discography. So, in that case I presume the deletion of the band was right? :guns:

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:55 am 

Salupa is a "Crossover" band from Uzbekistan. In the internet, one can read that they are "one of the hardest live bands" but I'm not sure they are really metal relevant. By the way, the discography still has no official release. It's said that they've released a live EP called "Live in Ulan-Bator" but I can't find any proof for a physical release, nor a track list or anything else.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Salupa/13404

Klaagzang
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:28 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Lux_Omega_Perpetuam/3540342429

Lux Omega Perpetuam's "material" consists of other artists' previously released material pitch-shifted down an exact 9 semi-tones.
Example: Lux Omega Perpetuam's "Sexual Darkness" is infact Urfaust's "Verflucht das Blenden der Erscheinung", among others.

I tried pitch-shifting all "Lux Omega Perpetuam's tracks and his so-called "material" is clearly nicked from other artists, though I am not sure which artists/bands exactly.

I uploaded three "samples" to mediafire
The samples consist of the track as presented on the Lux Omega Perpetuam myspace and after that, the same track pitch-shifted up 9 semi-tones.

Sexual Darkness, which is actually Urfaust's "Verflucht das Blenden der Erscheinung")
http://www.mediafire.com/?wvt7bynvfsntgma

Lord Of Unlight, don't know what the original title/artist of this one is
http://www.mediafire.com/?53lp1lo2xd19s2g

Inanna Wolves, don't know what the original title/artist of this one is
http://www.mediafire.com/?au0zlllk62g5td0

It really makes me wonder if this guy's other bands (Ah-Puch and Wolf) material also consists of stolen tracks, might be something to look in to.

I don't know if mods want to nuke this band immediately, but atleast give the samples a listen.
It Might be an idea to present their M-A page in the same fashion as this funny kid: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/H%C ... 3540316409

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:23 am 

:o...

Lovely. Just fucking wonderful. Now we'll need to investigate this carefully, because this guy's entire discography could've been salvaged from other musician's hard work. :facepalm:

Just... fuck me dead, why would you do such a thing (if not to be a fucking faggot)...?

Klaagzang
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:29 am 

Beats me.. really does.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:42 am 

Alright, well... if by some chance you manage to get hold of all "his" recordings, send 'em to me and I'll send 'em off for people to help identify.

Infernal Solar Vortexx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:09 am 

How can someone approve this:

"Track "Sexual Darkness" is a pitchshifted version of URFAUST track "Verflucht das Blenden der Erscheinung"... is a cover version just for people under, (sexual darknes) in translation is URFAUST (first faust) the sexual compendium of Faust and Gretchen (1578)..."

Obviously this isn't cover!

Klaagzang
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:27 am 

Not only that, but I can assure you that all of the so-called Lux Omega Perpetuam "material" is stolen.
Next to that; I have a feeling that all of his other "project's" are simply stolen works with other cheap Fruity Loops effects over the originals...

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:33 am 

Infernal Solar Vortexx wrote:
Obviously this isn't cover!

Of course it isn't a cover, but that just makes it even worse. The rules of the site are clear, in black-and-white: bands must have original written material of their own. Naturally that means cover bands as well as talentless thieves.

Quote:
Not only that, but I can assure you that all of the so-called Lux Omega Perpetuam "material" is stolen.
Next to that; I have a feeling that all of his other "project's" are simply stolen works with other cheap Fruity Loops effects over the originals...

I'm gonna investigate that too.

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:19 pm 

Can anybody identify at least one or two other Lux Omega Perpetuam tracks to prove that that Urfaust track is not the only one that was stolen? If yes, then we will delete the band.

Klaagzang
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:51 pm 

What do you think I am trying to do?

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:42 pm 

Klaagzang wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Lux_Omega_Perpetuam/3540342429

I don't know if mods want to nuke this band immediately, but atleast give the samples a listen.
It Might be an idea to present their M-A page in the same fashion as this funny kid: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/H%C ... 3540316409

What a dick move, the archives should totally give this Lux Omega guy a good little write up in his description also, pieces of crap like him deserve everything they get.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Japanese Metal Forum

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:20 am 

Just one thing, is the band deserve the page if the band release an album under a different name and the same album was released under the main name later? Talking about Lips / Anvil and Sarcofagus / Kimmo Kuusniemi Band. I know that if the band changed name and released an album clearly acceptable, but what if it's the same album?

SUFREMADRE
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:31 pm 

I never got a final response

A year ago I was told to come back with proof of releases etc for Lidande ( usa) and i have done just that. Fulgurius confirmed that the releases are mine and there are both audio/video and psychical evidence.

There is also a post on the main general forum

I am working on more releases and would appreciate for this band to be taken off the black list.

The first full length is ambient "ish" but the first demo "Departure" is completely black metal and was released to 16 along time ago before V2 when it was originally posted. Secondly there are more metal releases and I am only going to add the official discography.

Thank you,

Manny

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:55 am 

SUFREMADRE wrote:
I never got a final response

A year ago I was told to come back with proof of releases etc for Lidande ( usa) and i have done just that. Fulgurius confirmed that the releases are mine and there are both audio/video and psychical evidence.

There is also a post on the main general forum

I am working on more releases and would appreciate for this band to be taken off the black list.

The first full length is ambient "ish" but the first demo "Departure" is completely black metal and was released to 16 along time ago before V2 when it was originally posted. Secondly there are more metal releases and I am only going to add the official discography.

Thank you,

Manny

Now, once and for all, stop lying. I have confirmed that the album you allegedly released two weeks ago is physical and consists of your own material, but the samples proved that it's not metal and that you simply can't play guitar and have no idea what metal riffs are. You yourself have confirmed in the past that all your previous "releases" were fake and/or stolen from other bands.
And again, you now contradict your own words that you told two weeks ago. What's happened with the name change?
Also, stop writing every mod in hope to find someone who isn't familiar with the situation and will let your band it. This won't help you.
Now, after all the lies that you posted here and that were posted in mods forum, I officially declare that your band will stay blacklisted at least until you will learn how to play guitar (and learn what metal riffs is) and will be able to convince us that you've recorded your own METAL material (and not stolen it from someone again) and released it in physical format. And, believe me, you can't learn to play guitar in one week, so don't post here neither in a week, nor in two weeks, nor in a month, nor even in six months - we will not believe you, and we will not forget you.
Also, any PMs or emails from you will be ignored, so don't even try.
That was your final response.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:01 am 

Ahti
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ahti/34617

The demo consists of metal 'covers' of Finnish folk songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxf-G1_DvhY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3d4oNmUbGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR9v9G5E3go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ay9RNAx-Qs

Third song by Ahti not on youtube, but 'cover' of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25WDgzasAaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-L8hi8u_DY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqAesTWPdzM

I am not sure if the last two tracks are covers. Christmas Goat isn't metal and Haluvilu Vei is not mostly metal. Here is a link to the full demo:

EDIT: Nicely put and thanks!

Last edited by ~Guest 152635 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:23 pm 

UndeadIdiot wrote:
Ahti
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ahti/34617

The demo consists of metal 'covers' of Finnish folk songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxf-G1_DvhY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3d4oNmUbGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR9v9G5E3go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ay9RNAx-Qs

Third song by Ahti not on youtube, but 'cover' of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25WDgzasAaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-L8hi8u_DY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqAesTWPdzM

I am not sure if the last two tracks are covers. Christmas Goat isn't metal and Haluvilu Vei is not mostly metal. Here is a link to the full demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j3v3hzuizyj

Targeted by an old, forgotten Soviet missile silo in the Mühlviertel hill land and nuked.

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:50 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Met ... iscography

Dunno if this just needs a genre change or if it should be nuked entirely. It's labeled as progressive death/thrash, but they're actually metalcore in the 90's style.

Track from the s/t CD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKmjc3iiE84
Track from their 7" (not on archives): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcYIeKjW_aI

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:59 am 

Numerator_41 wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Method/74301#band_tab_discography

Dunno if this just needs a genre change or if it should be nuked entirely. It's labeled as progressive death/thrash, but they're actually metalcore in the 90's style.

Track from the s/t CD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKmjc3iiE84
Track from their 7" (not on archives): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcYIeKjW_aI

Hm yeah, I don't think this is gonna fly. Deleted.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:25 pm 

Sorry that I'm non-patient: what about Centaurus? It's hard rock/proto-metal and have only 3 proto-metal songs out of 9 of their album. I made a report with sound samples of all 9 songs.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:27 pm 

aeternus1990 wrote:
Sorry that I'm non-patient

Don't be. :P Impatient, that is. We are aware of the report. Getting to it.

Seeing as they were added by Gutterscream, I'll direct his attention to the report.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:56 pm 

OK, thanks very much! At the first time of listening to them in the past year I was inattentive but then after re-listening I was very surprised that their only album have 3 instrumental songs even not closely to rock, one lovely ballad and two mid-tempo hard rock songs. Only three songs seems to be metal, but in 1978 it's like proto-metal, similar to early Rainbow/Riot. I just remembered similar case with the band Rhapsody Sweden with album in 1978 also that I've tried to submit at once but really they have two or three metal songs similar to NWOBHM stuff and they were rejected. I agree with that decision, proto-metal bands shouldn't be accepted, in 70's many bands made something metallic on their albums but it's always two-three songs out of album.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:45 pm 

So, Centaurus is here to stay. Well, I'm not an expert, but, then, please, give Rhapsody Sweden a second chance. If Centaurus deserve place on MA, Rhapsody Sweden deserve it too for their 1978 album with the same, if not even bigger, level of metalness. Especially the song "Strange Vibrations" - it's amazing and sounds very NWOBHM-ish although there were none at the time. I'm not trying to suggest submit every proto-metal band on MA but in that case, if Centaurus is here, Rhapsody Sweden should be here too.
And please bring Gutterscream's opinion here, I think he can also decide what to do with it especially because he knows 70's stuff very well. Thanks!

Rhapsody Sweden - Strange Vibrations:

1. I've Done All I Can
2. Been So Long
3. Crazy Dance
4. Belly Dancer
5. Strange Vibrations
6. The Creepers
7. Take to the Highway
8. It's Gotta Be Tonight
9. Sweet Rock 'n' Roll

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:07 pm 

Aeternus, we don't judge bands by whether another band is in the Archives already.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:40 am 

Wow, I'm very impressed how serious you work with this site :) That's why it's the best site about metal!
Derigin, please judge Centaurus by their metalness - how do you personally think: did they deserved their place on MA? And the same about Rhapsody Sweden - are they metal enough? I already get one opinion about these two bands but I need another. I know it's not so easy to judge borderline bands, especially 70's bands. I've listened to all albums of 70's bands that on the site - and I'm totally agree they deserve their place here (I mean, Nokemono, The Hand of Doom, Silvertrain, Survivor and other who made albums in 70's) - but still, need opinions on Centaurus, because their music is very borderline. Let's discuss them.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:28 am 

Deleted Malicious Disorder. No original material under that name yet, as far as I could determine.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 168  Next