Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PostMetalActivist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:44 pm 

My first review had just gotten approved, and I was rereading it. I noticed a small typo that I decided change(music to musical), thinking that I could just use the edit button and everything would be fine.

It looks like the review is back in the queue, and has to be approved again because I changed the word music to musical. I would have just left it had I known the whole review had to be approved again.

I guess my point is, has anyone else clicked the edit button to fix something extremely minor and had to resubmit your whole review?
I feel like it's a waste of the mods time to have to read it over because i changed 2 letters out of the whole review.

The review was accepted again and all, I just feel like I wasted someones time making them have to re-approve it for the 2 letters I changed.

There should be some sort of warning that when you edit your already approved reviews they go back into the queue. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this, wasn't sure if it belonged here or suggestions.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:50 pm 

Don't bother about wasting our time, haha. I think this is a prevention measure, mostly.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:27 pm 

Yeah, I once submitted a review, which was accepted. The next day, I noticed a couple of typos, fixed them, and then the review was rejected. It was a little frustrating, but then again, I was drunk when I wrote the review, which was probably the only reason I submitted it for approval in the first place. I had to admit the mods were right to reject it the second time. =P

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:32 pm 

As Tony said, it's mainly a precaution. I don't mind going over edits, personally. In fact, I find it rather responsible that someone would correct a mistake they found. Of course, there are instances when folks completely rewrite a review, or, god forbid, try to add a bunch of troll material, thinking it would be easier to launch a troll offensive when inside the compound than attacking from the outside, so to speak. Either way, I have no problem with edits.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Reply to topic