Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Tempel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 pm 

My metsl band TEMPEL keeps getting rejected and I'm to be banned if next submission is not approved. I can't find a place to add a link to where my cd (yes, a Digital Compact Disc) with my music in it (so yes It is a release, a physical Cd that can be purchased by anyone anywhere in the world), I really really need help, I don't wanna be banned from this glorious site.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:25 pm 

Link the proof here, I guess.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:31 pm 

When we moderate the band queue, we're normally looking for two things:

1. Song samples for proof of metalness. This can be (practically) anything: youtube, reverbnation, a small download of a few tracks. When it comes to this requirement, you did well and you sufficiently gave us what we needed.

2. Something to prove that your band has released something physically (on CD, Vinyl, Tape, etc.). This does not need to be too complicated. The best proof tends to be through a picture; photos of a few of your CDs ready for distribution, and/or a picture of the actual CD inside the case. When this is not available, any information to show that it is being distributed physically helps, such as a link to a distro selling your CD, or a flyer from a gig explaining that the CD is being given out at shows. We need to be convinced that your album is both on a physical format and is being distributed to others.

If you need help with uploading a photo, the best site to do that is imgur.com - it should be very easy to use. All you need to do is put the link that site gives you in your submission notes for the band. It helps if you make it clear to us that the link shows proof of physical release.

I hope that clarifies your concerns. We do not want to see you banned. We also ask that you use this thread for your future concerns about rejected bands, as it is the best route to contact us:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64985

Tempel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:44 am 

THIS IS MY HEAVYNESS
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/so ... e=facebook

THIS IS MY CD
http://www.reverbnation.com/store/store ... type=music

THIS IS THE PROMO VIDEO OF THE TITLE TRACK (rough cut with lyrics)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34yrTx7TypM

I've also ordered some sample cd's and they should get here within a month or so, and first then, I will be able to upload photos of the album, the cover, and the cd inside it.

Please bear with me, as I'm fairly new to this website. And I'd RATHER NOT FUCK THIS UP, since the music may be MY ONLY CHANCE to get out of Greenland. The taxes are terrible here. Tempel is the name of my metal establishment. And to make this even more exciting, a new album is under way, under production at the present time. Titled "Psalms Of Depression", and I will also be uploading the rough cut version very soon.

Thank you all for your help.
Stay Metal, Death to all who disobey the Law. \m/

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:51 am 

You can resubmit your band, but include the link to your store when you do.

Tempel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:59 am 

How can we be sure the submission will be accepted??
This is my LAST CHANCE, if I fuck up, I'll be BANNED FOREVER as in, like, ALWAYS

Tempel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:44 am 

Thanks to all. I'll try again, double check everything before submitting. And double check again.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:31 am 

Relax. I was the one who sent you that warning. The link to your store is fine, include it and no worries.

Reply to topic