Zorg85 wrote:
artery might be a veteran but it does not stop him from adding stupid things

http://www.metal-archives.com/release/view/id/71506

Lyrics in all caps

Notice sent.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:58 pm 

Wait, that was me, I was too lazy to change the letters to lower case. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:04 pm 

oogboog wrote:
Wait, that was me, I was too lazy to change the letters to lower case. I'm sorry for the confusion.

According to the modification history, you re-added the CAPS lyrics after I had deleted the ones added by artery. :| Well, don't be lazy or don't add them.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:24 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Kre ... eSodomizer

Adding lyrics one-by-one:

http://www.metal-archives.com/history/v ... /id/341071

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:27 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/KreativelyDestructiveSodomizer

Adding lyrics one-by-one:

http://www.metal-archives.com/history/v ... /id/341071

Already been warned by Alhadis.

Haat888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:35 pm 

Another one adding random line-ups for many New Zealand bands

devilhunter93

You should really consider stopping people under 500 or 1000 points from adding album line-ups, its getting terrible ....

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:47 pm 

MA, please do not limit the access of low ranked users anymore, I only achieved veteran status yesterday ( :-D ) and I can say that it was not easy, if I hadn't have been able to add line-ups I would have probably given up with my account long ago and just used the site as a visitor. Also, it does say "adding incorrect lineups is a bannable offense", so users who add fake lineups should simply be dursted (they're ignoring the rules) and it shouldn't be anyone else's problem that there are a few people out there being stupid who want the Fred Durst rank.

Haat888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:00 pm 

HouseSpiders wrote:
MA, please do not limit the access of low ranked users anymore, I only achieved veteran status yesterday ( :-D ) and I can say that it was not easy, if I hadn't have been able to add line-ups I would have probably given up with my account long ago and just used the site as a visitor. Also, it does say "adding incorrect lineups is a bannable offense", so users who add fake lineups should simply be dursted (they're ignoring the rules) and it shouldn't be anyone else's problem that there are a few people out there being stupid who want the Fred Durst rank.

Few people? the big majority of new people add random line-ups to earn points easily

Yes it is not simple to get the veteran status (on V1 it was 500 points) but you should deserve this rank by adding correct information

I've screamed many times than Warnings are useless but nobody listens to me :grumble: :cry: :cry:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:04 pm 

Haat888 wrote:
I've screamed many times than Warnings are useless but nobody listens to me :grumble: :cry: :cry:

It's been a point of debate among the staff since quite some time, actually. No decision has been reached so far, but I for one support the idea of raising the bar in that regard. I'm tired of warning and cleaning up after people.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:01 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Darktoria%20X has been adding lyrics/lengths one by one

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:06 pm 

HouseSpiders wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Darktoria%20X has been adding lyrics/lengths one by one

He's already been warned about it, but didn't listen, it would seem. Final warning sent.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:26 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Prezes
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Gaburo

Lyrics and lengths one by one

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:28 am 

I've removed some of their points and sent a warning.

Lauri
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:51 pm 

postlvxtenebras: adding track lengths one by one (ex: Wampyric Bloodlust)

Jakko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:47 pm 

Dave_o_rama: adding useless merchandise links to IndieMerchstore to all bands starting with D

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:24 pm 

To administration.
Please explain me why I get the warning to be ban from Fulgurius because of deleting useless label links from band pages (to the main label page) if it's in the site rules (link to the main label page is useless):
http://i46.tinypic.com/2d7u0at.jpg

Fulgurius added deleted link again but after I delete it once more he wrote me e-mail with non-kind words (call me a bitch and he's obviously get a butt-hurt).
He thinks also that I'm point-whore because of deleting invalid Myspace link or modifying them. It's encyclopedia so the links should be correct to one standart.
If that so, he's a point-whore too for adding information to the albums one by one? Like adding photo of an album, then a label but few minutes later? http://i45.tinypic.com/10qymtk.jpg (from his modification history)

I just want to help clean the garbage from the site, especially from the links. Links to the label main page is useless especially when the label seen in the "Last label" field.

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:36 pm 

aeternus1990 wrote:
To administration.
Please explain me why I get the warning to be ban from Fulgurius because of deleting useless label links from band pages (to the main label page) if it's in the site rules (link to the main label page is useless):

Fulgurius added deleted link again but after I delete it once more he wrote me e-mail with non-kind words (call me a bitch and he's obviously get a butt-hurt).
He thinks also that I'm point-whore because of deleting invalid Myspace link or modifying them. It's encyclopedia so the links should be correct to one standart.
If that so, he's a point-whore too for adding information to the albums one by one? Like adding photo of an album, then a label but few seconds later?

I just want to help clean the garbage from the site, especially from the links. Links to the label main page is useless especially when the label seen in the "Last label" field.

First, I've explained you several times that those links were not useless, as in many cases they were the only source mentioning the bands and their releases besides MA itself. That's what "Labels" section of the links is for. Also, I've explained you that the rules talk about useless merchandise links to every distro carrying the band's releases. But it seems you don't understand plain words.
Second, you've got a notice, but had boldly ignored it doing exactly what I've asked you not to do and showing disrespect to the site's moderators. That's why you've got critical warning.
Third, you are a little liar bitch, because I haven't talked about simply modifying or deleting links, but about the fact that you've edited links and then deleted the same links, and this IS point-whoring. Why should've you edited them if they had to be deleted?
Fourth, as I've told you, do something useful instead of mindlessly deleting thousands of links. Users are expected to contribute something useful to the site, and not delete information that doesn't hurt anyone.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:07 pm 

Fulgurius wrote:
aeternus1990 wrote:
To administration.

If that so, he's a point-whore too for adding information to the albums one by one? Like adding photo of an album, then a label but few seconds later?

First, I've explained you several times that those links were not useless, as in many cases they were the only source mentioning the bands and their releases besides MA itself. That's what "Labels" section of the links is for. Also, I've explained you that the rules talk about useless merchandise links to every distro carrying the band's releases. But it seems you don't understand plain words.
Second, you've got a notice, but had boldly ignored it doing exactly what I've asked you not to do and showing disrespect to the site's moderators. That's why you've got critical warning.
Third, you are a little liar bitch, because I haven't talked about simply modifying or deleting links, but about the fact that you've edited links and then deleted the same links, and this IS point-whoring. Why should've you edited them if they had to be deleted?
Fourth, as I've told you, do something useful instead of mindlessly deleting thousands of links. Users are expected to contribute something useful to the site, and not delete information that doesn't hurt anyone.

First, those links ARE useless because they ALREADY exists on the label's individual pages and in additional notes of the albums labels are seen. Labels section are for DIRECT band link on the label - like http://www.stygiancrypt.com/bands_en.php?s=Diathra (look at the Diathra page and see links to label Stygian Crypt Productions).
Second, it's not a disrespect to you really because I've explained you WHY I delete it.
Third, you was first who became to call me a bitch and liar. I'm NOT deleting first edited links except for the little cases when I understand that link is useless after I've edited it. And I'm clearly not point-whoring because I don't care about how many points I have (well, I need 5000 at least to modify broken album titles or links etc.), you can freeze it, I have enough, if you are afraid that some day I will have more points than you. Don't even think that I'm point-whore.
Fourth, I do something useful TOO but someone should do such a little but not last work as clearing the shit from band links. And I never mindlessly deleting links, I've always click on them before do something. I'm deleting only broken links AND the links to MAIN label pages. That's all! I'm planning to did more work but after that links clearing.

It's not a reason to ban me for deleting obscure links to obscure band labels that is already on the label's pages. I never spammed or trolled any band info.

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:22 pm 

aeternus1990 wrote:
First, those links ARE useless because they ALREADY exists on the label's individual pages and in additional notes of the albums labels are seen. Labels section are for DIRECT band link on the label - like http://www.stygiancrypt.com/bands_en.php?s=Diathra (look at the Diathra page and see links to label Stygian Crypt Productions).
Second, it's not a disrespect to you really because I've explained you WHY I delete it.
Third, you was first who became to call me a bitch and liar. I'm NOT deleting first edited links except for the little cases when I understand that link is useless after I've edited it. And I'm clearly not point-whoring because I don't care about how many points I have (well, I need 5000 at least to modify broken album titles or links etc.), you can freeze it, I have enough, if you are afraid that some day I will have more points than you. Don't even think that I'm point-whore.
Fourth, I do something useful TOO but someone should do such a little but not last work as clearing the shit from band links. And I never mindlessly deleting links, I've always click on them before do something. I'm deleting only broken links AND the links to MAIN label pages. That's all! I'm planning to did more work but after that links clearing.

It's not a reason to ban me for deleting obscure links to obscure band labels that is already on the label's pages. I never spammed or trolled any band info.

First, I'm a moderator, and I know better what is and isn't useless, and what the Labels section is for. Not all labels have separate pages for each band. In many cases link to label's site's Releases section would do (as opposed to the main site that is added to the label's page), but it's not always possible and/or convenient due to the label's site specifics (such as using frames or too long URLs etc).
Second, it IS disrespect, because I've also explained you (I think 5 or 6 times now) why you shouldn't do it, and you simply ignored it.
Third, the main reason why I've sent a notice to you was that you've deleted the links from some obscure bands' pages that were the only source mentioning the band in the web. Our goal is not only to list information, but also to list sources to back up that information when it's possible.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:35 pm 

If you are a Moderator be more kind. And don't shine your status on the website.
If you think this http://legis.orthodox666.ru/bbtc/ is useful to have in the links... well...
And you add recursive link to the Deadfall band page in the labels (http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Deadfall/3540336102).

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:34 pm 

It is useful because it's the only official source related to the band in the internet. Actually, keeping as much info as possible about the obscure and unknown bands is much more important for us than the info about "big" bands. You yourself told in the email that you've deleted the links because "no one needs those obscure underground bands with one demo", which is absurdly hilarious.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:12 pm 

I added the members' years active for a couple of bands today and in both bands it looks like the years were added one by one if you check the modification history, but I hadn't actually done that, my computer was just being realllllly slow. :crash: Did I get undeserved points that should be removed?

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:32 pm 

HouseSpiders wrote:
I added the members' years active for a couple of bands today and in both bands it looks like the years were added one by one if you check the modification history, but I hadn't actually done that, my computer was just being realllllly slow. :crash: Did I get undeserved points that should be removed?

The artist index is down again; this hasn't happened for a while. It wasn't your computer, as it takes longer to add artists to line-ups. I don't think it's your fault. Did you notice your point count actually rise significantly?

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:12 am 

oogboog wrote:
HouseSpiders wrote:

The artist index is down again; this hasn't happened for a while. It wasn't your computer, as it takes longer to add artists to line-ups. I don't think it's your fault. Did you notice your point count actually rise significantly?

I don't think so, but I don't know, I don't really keep track of my score like I used to.

oneyoudontknow wrote:
some folks know exactly how many points they have... and are very anxious of keeping track of their 'progress'.

That's what I was like that when I didn't have veteran status.

Edit: Just done it again and only got one point.

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:51 pm 

oogboog wrote:
The artist index is down again; this hasn't happened for a while.

Fixed.

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:10 pm 

Can you ask TDN & Spirit_In_Black_88 to stop whining and reporting about Terra di Nessuno page

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ter ... 3540276155

10 reports saying it's not the official page because they did not create it. I already updated the line-up

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:24 pm 

Both warned. Deleting more than 12 of the bullshit reports now.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:57 pm 

Yeah, I also rejected TDN's :metal: (OFFICIAL) :metal: submission of the band earlier today. I think they might not know that we don't give special page editing privileges to users submitting a band.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:49 pm 

Nice quotation marks there Azmodes. Never seen anything like it!

Haat888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:30 pm 

Humans are not all equal, some are extremely intelligent (me :-D), some others were born without brain...

For the Brazilian band Intellectual Moment, Sirarcano (aka Sir Sognefjörd, Vocals) added some new members who joined in 2012

Can someone explain me why, then

1) They ALL played on the split from 2001 (I doubt they really all played on it, otherwise dates should be changed next to members)

2) He lists Mantus as the drummer WHO is a totally different guy from the other Mantus who is involved in Patria, among others, with whom I'm in contact and who told me he's not their drummer

So Sir Sognefjörd does not even know with whom he's playing

:o :o :o :o

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:50 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Shadock22
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/valhom
Shadock22's last lyrics/lengths added were one by one, but it was 7 months ago. Is that still worth a report/warning?
Valhom committed the same crime only slightly more recently, 5 months ago.

Haat888 wrote:
Humans are not all equal, some are extremely intelligent (me :-D), some others were born without brain...

For the Brazilian band Intellectual Moment, Sirarcano (aka Sir Sognefjörd, Vocals) added some new members who joined in 2012

Can someone explain me why, then

1) They ALL played on the split from 2001 (I doubt they really all played on it, otherwise dates should be changed next to members)

2) He lists Mantus as the drummer WHO is a totally different guy from the other Mantus who is involved in Patria, among others, with whom I'm in contact and who told me he's not their drummer

So Sir Sognefjörd does not even know with whom he's playing

:o :o :o :o

You're intelligent you should know!

Last edited by Midnightwards666 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haat888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:04 pm 

HouseSpiders wrote:
You're intelligent you should know!

My brain has worked too much for today :hyper:

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 am 

GenocidioSuicida seems to have vandalized some profile

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/M.K.d.K./219312

He added Matias as real name, OK

He changed gender to female??? Matias is not a female name according to me

Then a second profile was created, which I asked for removal

http://www.metal-archives.com/history/v ... /id/367044

User "MKDK" added "Mkdk isnot a member of abominacion. He never exist...it was added by a pussy for difamate Saidak´s name"

:scratch:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:38 am 

Zorg85 wrote:
GenocidioSuicida seems to have vandalized some profile

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/M.K.d.K./219312

He added Matias as real name, OK

He changed gender to female??? Matias is not a female name according to me

Then a second profile was created, which I asked for removal

http://www.metal-archives.com/history/v ... /id/367044

User "MKDK" added "Mkdk isnot a member of abominacion. He never exist...it was added by a pussy for difamate Saidak´s name"

:scratch:

Not that I'm entirely sure what's going on here, but I've deleted the other profile, reverted his changes and told him to check your post.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:31 pm 

I sent a warning to this dude, who added an empty album for his band, with only "info TBA 2012" on additional notes.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:41 pm 

At the gates of a new era has been changing from "Tape" to something like "Pro-manufactured tape" in the additional notes. Is this fine?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:43 pm 

oogboog wrote:
At the gates of a new era has been changing from "Tape" to something like "Pro-manufactured tape" in the additional notes. Is this fine?

Sure.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:50 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
oogboog wrote:

Sure.

Are you joking? It's cluttering the details needlessly; and if there really has to be a distinction made between "regular tape" and a "professional tape", then he should at least be writing "pro-tape" instead of something that long. :facepalm:

In either case, I already sent him a warning about it, since it appeared he was blindly/randomly making those edits.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:56 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Are you joking? It's cluttering the details needlessly; and if there really has to be a distinction made between "regular tape" and a "professional tape", then he should at least be writing "pro-tape" instead of something that long. :facepalm:

In either case, I already sent him a warning about it, since it appeared he was blindly/randomly making those edits.

If valid, the distinction is worth adding, I'd say. "Pro-tape" does look better though, yeah.

Lauri
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:04 pm 

Nerghal, look at the line-up he added for the album

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Kh ... der/349072

"Live Backing Vocals"....

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 120  Next