Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:51 am 

I'm not sure if there's a proper place to post questions like these, so I apologize in advance if I'm in the wrong place.

I have a bit of a weird question...

According to this site, (I translated it) the band All I Could Bleed started out under the name of Sacrifice. Who aren't on the archives. The band released a demo in 2007 under this name, and changed to All I Could Bleed shortly afterwards.

Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, because in cases like this someone would just submit the band's previous incarnation as their own entry and just mention that All I Could Bleed were once known as Sacrifice. But, I'm not sure what to do here, because I can't find any information of physical release for Sacrifice (or anything on the band, really). I'm not quite sure what to do (and I hope people caught in the same situation will be able to find this thread useful).

My question is, should I add this demo under All I Could Bleed's discography? Or just put it in the additional notes, tracklisting and all?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:06 pm 

We treat every band submission as its own separate band, regardless of whether that band is a name change of another band.

That said, like any other band submission, we need proof of metalness and physical release. If you can not supply both, then there is no question that we can not accept the band; we hold the same expectations for all bands in the Archives and this band would not meet those expectations without that necessary proof.

Quote:
My question is, should I add this demo under All I Could Bleed's discography? Or just put it in the additional notes, tracklisting and all?

If the demo was released solely under "Sacrifice" then do not add it at all to "All I Could Bleed"s profile. Do not add it is a part of that band's discography, or even add it in the additional notes of that band. The demo belongs to "Sacrifice" and therefore would only be acceptable as linked under a potential "Sacrifice" band page.

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:17 pm 

Alright, then. Thanks!

Reply to topic